[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>double team is banned >moves that literally double your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: index.jpg (4KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 200x231px
>double team is banned
>moves that literally double your attack and speed stats in one turn and allow you to OHKO everything aren't
>>
>>27580722

Not being able to hit your opponent is annoying
>>
>>27580722
>setting up
>bad
Git gud. (I fucking hate evasion too, but don't complain about moves that boost other stats)
>>
>>27580761
and yet confuse moves are allowed
>>
>>27580792
just switch out
>>
>>27580722
>doesn't understand something that has been clearly explained
>makes a thread on /vp/ instead of reading the explanation
I'm not a Smogonfag and even I know why double team is banned and stat buffs aren't.
>>
File: arguments debunked.png (113KB, 820x1552px) Image search: [Google]
arguments debunked.png
113KB, 820x1552px
Simple, most of the options for countering evasion are otherwise useless

Aerial Ace/Swift etc. are weak as fuck and won't do jack shit in terms of damage
>>
File: 7795944.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
7795944.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>ability that raises and lowers two random stats each turn is bad
>geomancy is okay
>>
>>27580903
Red Card
>>
>>27580761
Defog
>>
>Evasion isnt allowed

>TOO MUCH LUCK

>Paralysis

>Confusion

>Attract

>Both of which are luck based if you attack or not is allowed
>>
>>27580903
This looks like a really convoluted way of saying "I don't have anything to beat it!"

when >>27580834
this post addresses that with dragon dance, even switching out to something that can counter essentially gives them 2x DD

I don't care anyway, I play anything goes like a real man
>>
Banning evasion moves is fine

But they should atleast allow evasion abilities

especially since Hail and Sandstorm are absolutely garbage weather effects
>>
>>27581072
You can build a good team around sandstorm.
>>
>>27580722
There's a reason why double team is allowed on local battles, OP - you can physically beat the shit out of the other player if they start spamming that
>>
>>27581138
>sandstorm teams

am I in 2008 again?
>>
>>27580974
>opponent sets up all day
>you send your Red Card user
>they keep fucking around instead of attacking you
>the ride never ends
>>
>>27581072
>But they should atleast allow evasion abilities

They do.

Since Sand Stream and Snow Warning are no longer permanent, Snow Cloak and Sand Veil were unbanned.
>>
>>27581138
>>27581072

Sandstorm can be put into good use

but nowhere near Rain and Sun
>>
File: 20160102_092547.jpg (108KB, 441x449px) Image search: [Google]
20160102_092547.jpg
108KB, 441x449px
>Evasion isn't allowed
>Dark void in double/triple battles is
>>
>>27581072

What bothers me more is that the pokemon with these abilities have shit defense like Frosslass and need the evasion boost otherwise they'll die in a single hit without focus sash
>>
>>27581347

Yeah, 2v2 is a lot more hyper offensive, so they don't mind sleep clause and shit. Usually if you have a smeargle with dark void, it's going to get KO'd with precipice blade before it can do anything.

Not sure if darkrai is allowed in those formats though
>>
>>27581215

Really?

Fuck i never knew that
>>
File: yaman.png (71KB, 161x237px) Image search: [Google]
yaman.png
71KB, 161x237px
>2v2

>_____ used Gastro Acid on Partner Slaking
>>
>>27581429

The thing with these gimmicky strategies, is that you can get the same effect, if not better with a boosting move like swords dance.

Granted slaking is pretty good without a hindering ability, but to this day people will talk about retarded power trick shuckle shenanigans when a scizor can just use swords dance, be more powerful, have priority, and not die in one hit
>>
Double team is banned because it makes the game based more on luck than skill.

Moves like agility, swords dance, and dragon dance do not impact luck at all, and have both strengths and tradeoffs. Their use is a tactical decision.

>>27580937

There are only two pokemon that can use Geomancy -- Xerneas and Smeargle. Smeargle can't really use it any more effectively than any other move it gets (it needs power herb, which forces it to give up a focus sash, making it insanely easy to take out), and Xerneas is banned to ubers.

>>27581008

Too many moves cause paralysis or confusion as a side effect for them to be banned. Attract is extremely limited in usability.
>>
>>27581462

>gimmicky strategies

>swords dance

Slaking can do that though

Also it's more fun with a Pokemon whose retarded to use
>>
>>27581008

I can kind of give you paralysis, but you can just switch out to get rid of confusion/infatuation so that's not major hax obstacle. You can't just switch out to undo the opponent's minimize.

inb4 phazing/hazing, that requires a moveslot, and limiting the pokemon on your team, and making sure that pokemon never dies, and making sure they don't use taunt.

If you are actually defending evasion moves, they've had servers that allow evasion moves, and it's the most boring and drawn out metagame ever
>>
>>27581492

I'm not saying swords dance is gimmicky, I'm saying using slaking in 2v2 just to get gastro'd is gimmicky.
>>
>you will never get a helping hand sableye to 1.5x gigalith's explosion and survive in 2v2s

why even compete
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.