[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/ 262815-former-4kids-c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: dwi.png (38KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
dwi.png
38KB, 260x226px
>http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/262815-former-4kids-ceo-takes-credit-for-pokemon-name

>Al Kahn definitely played his part in originally bringing Pokémon stateside. He was a part of 4Kids Entertainment, the company that helped establish Pokémon in the states via various licensing deals. 4Kids has had a very long history with the Pokémon franchise, but now Mr. Kahn is claiming he was the one behind the actual 'Pokémon' name.

"I didn't like the name 'Pocket Monsters". I wanted the name to be more Japanese-y."

Kahn said he decided on the Pokémon name, because he wanted a name that helped differentiate the brand from other monster-related games.
>>
But it's called Pokemon in Japan too
>>
>>27572935
you sure its not called pokketu monstahs
>>
>>27572704

>Yes, I, the former CEO of 4kids, was also responsible for the localization done by Nintendo of America, a completely different company.

thats very hard to believe
>>
>>27572994

Pokemon was just a shortened name the japs used for pocket monster.

This guy is a lying piece of shit.
>>
File: GreenBox(J).jpg (71KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
GreenBox(J).jpg
71KB, 396x500px
>>27572935
where smartass?

i don't see it?
>>
Do people still hate him?
>>
>>27572935
do you see pokemon written here in the original OP?
>>
This is fucking retarded. The anime came after the games
>>
File: KirbyLogo.png (1MB, 1840x1065px) Image search: [Google]
KirbyLogo.png
1MB, 1840x1065px
>>27574271
Well, it's not ENTIRELY implausible.

Take the Kirby logo. Kirby 64 used the traditional round letter logo, while Nightmare in Dream Land used the logo created for the 4kids anime. They mentioned how it was all part of a push to make Kirby more well-known. I'd imagine that while he wasn't the creator of the name as he makes it sound, 4kids and NoA probably cooperated on localizing the series using the shortened form.
>>
>>27574294
this. The Japs abbreviate literally everything.
>>
>>27574429
>>27574498
Professor Oak specifically mentions "ポケモン" in his opening speech in the Japanese Game Boy games.
>>
>Kahn coined the term

Explain this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ODqJwkXN4

Adding to that, there were almost no plans to localize until the Pikachu induced seizures happened.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.