[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there actually unironic genwunners on this board or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: genwunners.png (155KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
genwunners.png
155KB, 600x500px
Are there actually unironic genwunners on this board or are they just a myth?
>>
>>27572196

They're around. They're just a very diminutive minority or simply crossposters from /co/, /v/, and /b/ that show up when something big Poke related happens like Go.
>>
File: 060Poliwag_RG.png (214KB, 550x369px) Image search: [Google]
060Poliwag_RG.png
214KB, 550x369px
>>27572196
Reporting in.

Genwun aren't the only games I like, but I do believe 1-2 are the "best gens" and that the franchise started to really decline around gen 4.

That said, there are still plenty of pokemon from newer gens i like. I just think the ratio of bad:good pokemon designs has mostly increased. I don't really rag on vanilluxe or trubbish like the shitposters do.

Like >>27572248 said, I mostly stop by the when there's big news. I'd spend more time here if the board wasn't a hugbox of people who prefer the newer games.
>>
>>27572520
Honestly I think 3 and 4 were the worst as far as pokemon go despite being miles better regions (and mechanically), while 5 picked up and 6-7 are really bringing it back, pokedex numbers aside.
>>
File: 1467169247155.jpg (295KB, 884x902px) Image search: [Google]
1467169247155.jpg
295KB, 884x902px
>>27572573
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thoroughly enjoyed Gen 4. Gen 3 and 5 are the worst in terms of pokemon and character designs imo.
>>
File: 1470274475526.jpg (65KB, 787x563px) Image search: [Google]
1470274475526.jpg
65KB, 787x563px
>>27572196
Do I count as a genwunner if gen 1 (gba remakes) are my favorite games? I like other pokemon games but notbas much.
>>27572728
Gen 3 has probably the most consistently good pokemon designs in the series though.
>>
>>27572728
Honestly, I still like a lot of gen 4 pokemon, but as a whole it's my least favorite.
>>
>>27572803
>we will never get a 3rd shot a a better done kanto in 3D with an improved pokdex
>>
Why do genwunners exist?

Like, how can you hate Gen 2? It's literally just an expansion of Gen 1.
>>
>>27572884
genwunners usually clump up gen 2 with gen 1
>>
>>27572196
>Unironic
>genwunners
Pick one.

tbqh, having a favorite gen is good and all but when your favorite gen has so many problem, from design stand point and game balance, I can't tell if genwunners should be taken seriously or not. That said, I actually believe that Pokemon games peaked during the hgss-platinum time but my fav gen is gen 3.
>>
>>27572196
Genwunners are a myth perpetuated by genfivers to deflect from that gen's shitty designs.
>>
>>27572196

i'm here, and every single season after 2nd are shit, well the 3 one seems nice too.
>>
>>27572884
i'm pretty sure most genwunners are indifferent of gen 2. The board just exaggerates and combines the complaints different people have into a single stereotype
>>
>>27573099
That honestly doesn't sound too unreasonable considering that HG/SS and B2/W2 seem to be the most loved games on the internet.
>>
>>27572196
Liking the remakes are one thing, but you have to be wearing nostalgia goggles or just have bad taste to think Gens 1 and 2 are better than Gens 3-6.
>>
File: Galvantula.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Galvantula.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>27573652
I think that is a common comment made on /vp/. If you like gen 1, it has to be because of "muh nostalgia". People that enjoyed the first generation the most, only like it because it was their first group. Why is this logic/accusation not applied to post first generation fans? Presumably most fans of later gens picked up the series around the point of their favorite generation. Does bashing the older fans really make you all feel better about yourselves? Anyways I guess I am a genwunner faggot. I enjoy most of the early pokemon. I do like some quite a bit from the later games, but the ratio of like/hate is not as high as the first generation for me.
>>
File: croa.jpg (6KB, 116x94px) Image search: [Google]
croa.jpg
6KB, 116x94px
>>27573506
I tried again to play hgss, and the game design was horrendous...trainer level too slow and shit teams distribution for nearly every gym leader/rival/e4!
the worse is mortimer, jasmine and lance...

thanks god, the rom hack exist...
>>
>>27572520
>Genwun aren't the only games I like, but I do believe 1-2 are the "best gens" and that the franchise started to really decline around gen 4.
>That said, there are still plenty of pokemon from newer gens i like. I just think the ratio of bad:good pokemon designs has mostly increased. I don't really rag on vanilluxe or trubbish like the shitposters do.

This
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3251x2023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3251x2023px
>>27572848
This is supposed to be Tokyo.
>>
>>27572196
Other than some GOnormies, no genwunner has ever browsed here. It's a misused Reddit buzzword used only by retards.
>>
>>27573652

It peaked at gens 3 and 4
>>
Unironic gen wunners seem to stick to /v/ and avoid /vp/.

Also most people seem to have various definitions of the term
>>
Gen 2 is my favorite. But I started playing when yellow came out. Dunno what that makes me.
>>
Gen 1 is my favorite but I'm not autistic about it. I love gen 2 and 3 and I like the other gens well enough. Pidgey is my favorite regional bird though, does that make me a faggot?
>>
>>27572803
>gen 1 (gba remakes) are my favorite games
this so hard. LG was my first game, and still holds a place in my hard. I've always wondered, I'm not a Genwunner or Hoennbaby, so what would having the remakes as your first game make you?
>>
i think older pokemon are better but new gamers are better,does it means something?not at all who cares
>>
>>27578223
Yes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.