[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first interaction with the series? >Parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Charizard vs Aerodactyl.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard vs Aerodactyl.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
What was your first interaction with the series?
>Parents were at work
>Left me at my aunt's house
>She says I can watch some tv
>Episode where Charmeleon evolves
Charizard has been my favorite since day 1
>>
>>27571221
as long as I remember i've always watched pokemon since i was a baby
i'd say the episode that could be the first one would be when jessie got her lickitung
>>
Woke up at 5 o clock one morning and it was on tv. Luckily, it was the first episode.
>>
Randomly turned on Boomerang last night and this episode was on.

Not my first interaction with the show though.
>>
First interaction with Pokemon I had was a Ponyta trading card from the original booster set
My older brother randomly brought the card home from school one day
After that we were both hooked
>>
>>27571221
Came to school one day, like first or 2nd grade. Few children brought over shitty chinaman pokemon cards.

No idea if they even existed outside of 3rd world countries. You'd get like 3 or so cards with most basic picture of pokemon, shitty description in a pack with some shitty chewing gum.

Nidoking was my favorite back then just because I had it and nobody else did, as chinaman products are so shit that most packs from a single shipping hold 3-5 same sets of cards and one with Nidoking didn't show up for a very long time in my small town, but somehow I had one.
>>
What the fuck how does a Charizard beat Aerodactyl?
>>
>>27571221
Latin American here:
>Cartoon Network, my first and favorite channel since I have memory
>happens that after Pokemon's oversea release the anime was also released (obviously)
>I liked the anime since EP1 because of Pikachu and Meowth
>never played the games because "RPGs are too boring"
Now with 21 years is the opposite, I like the games and hate the anime.
>>
I was flipping through channels and the Celebi movie was on. It was the part where a Tyranitar is blowing shit up and I thought it was awesome, he's still my favorite poke.
>>
>>27571958

It doesn't. Jigglypuff beats both though.
>>
>>27571221
I remember watching episode one when it premiered in the US. I was pretty young, but I fell in love.
>>
>>27571221
I started watching it from the first episode. I told my cousin this show would never take off. A few weeks into it and we were completely glued.

I saw Dragon Ball start too. Good times.
>>
>>27571221
My very first interaction with pokemon was with friends at school when I was 6
I didnt know anything about pokemon, but my friends did and they wanted us to play the first episode of the orange island series, the one in the balloon (didnt know at the time, but I made the link when I first saw it much later)
I played charmander (had no idea what it looked like, my friends just told me I had to repeat the name), one of my friends played Ash and the other Team Rocket
When I think about it, it's crazy how well I can remember that moment 17 years later while I forgot almost all the other schoolyard games

Later that year, my mom gave me a few cards she got from another mom whose son didnt use anymore, and at christmas I got my first game (Yellow)
Can't remember the first episode I actually watched, but the first one I had interaction with was the one of the zepplin at the start of orange islands season
>>
Initially watching ths Ash vs. Lt. Surge episode was my first exposure.
>>
>>27571221
I remember watching this episode about Diglett before going to school. Then on my birthday I got Pokemon Yellow.
>>
not my first experience but most memorable was the epic magmar vs charizard episode. must've been 9 or 10 years old but it came on before i went to school one morning and it had my psyched for the rest of the day.

https://youtu.be/RBJ2SFZxUB4
>>
>>27571221
Some friends were playing pokemon in their gameboy
" What are you playing?"
"Pokemon, didnt you know about it? Get with The times!"
I then researched all I could about Pokemon. I even got to be number one in class only so that my parents bought me The game. Good times.
>>
Fucking Samurai episode. Metapod saving Ash and evolving into Butterfree got me hooked
>>
>>27571221
>be in my first year of school
>Always heard about "Dragon Ball" in preschool but my parents said it was violent and I shouldn't watch it
>Always felt left out for not knowing what Dragon Ball was like
>Suddenly kids stop talking about Dragon Ball, on the afternoon after a day of class I hear them talking about this new big thing called "Pokémon" while I pack my notebooks
>My first reaction to this series was then thinking these exact words "great, another show I will not be able to watch" sarcastically. I hated whatever Pokémon was.

A few days later I saw the episode where Bulbasaur joins Ash' team. It was prime time on TV so no wonder everyone was watching it. And since it wasn't very violent I was allowed to enjoy it and then I was happy to have something to share with my friends at school.
The craze never died for me.
>>
my brother thought it was sailor moon and told me to watch it with him
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.