[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"OMG I loooove Pokeman!" >"Pikachu is my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 19

File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>"OMG I loooove Pokeman!"
>"Pikachu is my favorite!"
>"I've been playing Go for like two weeks now I'M SUCH A NEEERRRD!!! XDDD"
>"The new Pokemon all look stupid."
>"Oh no I've never had one of the DS games lol"
>"Hey check out this 4chan website its all dank Pokemon memes!!!"

Go is cool and all, and it's certainly helping Pokemon grow, but goddamn all these trend slaves who just play it because it's popular.
>>
My local park is filled with families and 8 year olds playing. And the guys playing GO are not even genwunners. According to them no generations after the first ones counts as pokemon. And why the fuck does all think they are so unique and special when they talk about how the new pokemon sucks? And the only argument they have is
>durr look at icecreams
>stupid trashbag,
>that key is fucking stupid!
>Wait a minute guys I am gonna
catch this magnemite
>>
>>27569678
>pile of sludge
>another pile of sludge
>a pokeball
>a pokeball with swapped colors
>a screw
>3 screws
>a rock with arms
>a boulder with arms

>"ORIGINAL DESIGNS"

Isn't Go gonna add the newer Pokemon anyway? I hope so. I want a Carvhana so fucking bad.
>>
bump for interest
gotta say i agree though. all these "fake fans" piss me off and when i point out the fact that they're trend slaves they get all pissy and call me a "hipster" when in fact they are the ones who say "the older versions are better"
>>
I know that people suddenly pretending to have always loved Pokemon is annoying but it's probably good for the franchise long term.
>>
>>27569964
Yeah I know people who have said that they have never played before and are now saying that they've played since Gen 1
>>
File: 1470355028826.jpg (69KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1470355028826.jpg
69KB, 800x770px
>>27569595
It's good for the franchise, but most of the people I come across who play it make me cringe. I wouldn't be surprised if go loses its popularity the second they start adding in pokemon frpm gen 2 onwards.
>>
>>27569595
>LOL I AM SUCH A POKENERD XDD I HAVE PLAYED ALL THE POKEMAN GAMEZ UR NOT A TRUE POKEFAN
Kill yourself OP. Genwunners will at least get bored of Pokemon again in about a month. You will continue to act like a special snowflake until you learn to stop being a faggot.
>>
>>27569595
>all these trend slaves
>trend slaves
>trend

stop acting like a fucking hipster
you all were trend slaves at first you dumbshit
>>
>>27569595
no one ever says any of these you guys try too hard
>>
>>27569595
I've mentioned this here several times before, but I was discussing pokémon with a girl who was playing GO and I mentioned how it seemed to be people who know nothing about pokémon who play it, to which she responded "I play real pokémon, I've been playing since gen 1! I had an Emerald game!"
>>
Pokemon is literally as mainstream as a videogame can be. It's Mario tier.

Stop acting like it's ever been some secret nerd thing because it hasn't. Pokemon Go was successful because everyone and their grandma knows the franchise.
>>
>>27570030
>>27570043

Note what is said here in >>27569806 :
>when i point out the fact that they're trend slaves they get all pissy and call me a "hipster"

Predicted.
>>
>The only two pokemanz I know are Pikachu and Charlizard xDDDD i'm so hip xDDD
>Finally, a new pokemanz game!! XDD 90s kids represent xDDD
Can't wait for Pokemon go to lose its popularity. Didn't think /vp/ could get this much worse after owlgate.
>>
>>27570043
>you all were trend slaves at first you dumbshit
>admitting to being a trend slave
>not understanding that you can be a fan without being a trend slave
>classic "hipster" argument

drink bleach mate
>>
>>27570131
Maybe that's because you're an insufferable faggot. Just because they're trend slaves, it doesn't mean they're wrong about you being a little bitch.
>>
>>27570295
>"I have no opposing argument therefore I will stick to ad hominems."

Give up already.
>>
File: 1455988129947.jpg (355KB, 704x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1455988129947.jpg
355KB, 704x1024px
>OMG I HATE HOW EVERYBODY DOES THING AND NOW PEOPLE WILL THINK I ONLY DO THING CUZ THEY DO THING AND THIS BOTHERS ME DESPITE MY PREMISE OF BEING ABOVE THE JUDGMENT OF OTHERS
>NOW I MUST GO TO 4CHAN AND TELL EVERYBODY HOW MUCH I HATE CONFORMITY, THAT'LL HELP ME FIT IN!
>>
>>27570351
>argument
Against what premise? Wow, you said something gay and predicted that someone would call you a faggot. I don't think their point has been refuted.
>>
>>27570538
>OMG OP POINTED OUT THAT I ONLY DO SHIT TO FIT IN NOT BECAUSE I ACTUALLY LIKE DOING IT
>NOW I MUST MAKE THIS XDDDD FUNNY MEME TO FIT IN ON 4CHAN WHILE TRYING TO DEFEND WHAT I'M DOING
>>
>>27570574
First of all, let's address this:
>they're point
We all know you're samefagging, so just stop.

Secondly, the point is they all react in the same way when they get exposed for just following the trend to fit in, and said reaction just solidifies OP's original point.
>>
>>27570640
*their
inb4 you made a grammatical error therefore you are wrong
>>
>>27570087
>doesn't understand satire
>>
File: 1469682975417.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1469682975417.gif
3MB, 280x210px
>>27569595
Not always this extreme, but running into this always bugs me a little bit. Not enough to say anything out of nowhere because it's rude, but fuck.
>>
>>27570797
OP here

Yeah, it's just a bit of satire. I always just kinda say "oh yeah me too" or something like that. Stay as neutral as possible with them without coming off like a total dick. On the inside I find them really annoying.
>>
I was born in 1990 and played "genwun" or whatever u faggots call it. I thought the game turned to shit after they brought in all the new pokemon. It is laughable you queers think you are special because you kept playing this jap game.

Pokemon go is alright. It gets me outside and I get to scope out some savage teen ass.

Get over it.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>27570858
>>
>>27570858
yeye you tell em homeboi these nerds need to get laid amirite brah
>>
>it's another Sinnohsperms get triggered by women and children thread
Literally the worst thing about GO is how angry and whiny it makes you faggots.
>>
>>27570917
yeeeeaaah brah yo after I got done doin some sick cardio at the gym i caught one of dem angry hornet lookin mothafuckas shit was cash
>>
>>27570951
Damn this board is crawling with social tumors like you these days...

Well, it always was, but even more so recently.
>>
>>27570917
I never said anything about getting laid.
>>
>>27570979
bahaha bro look at this>>27571053
no gains no pussy faggot cant even score easy puss what a loser
>>
>>27569595
>"OMG I loooove Pokeman!"
>"Lucario is my favorite!"
>"I've been playing since Platinum I'M SUCH A NEEERRRD!!! XDDD"
>"The old Pokemon all look stupid."
>"Oh no I've never had one of the Gameboy games lol"
>"Hey check out this 4chan website its all dank Pokemon memes!!!"
This is how I feel about /vp/.
>>
>>27571053

Haha you said it >>27571089
This pussy ass fag prolly gay what a nerdd
>>
>>27569595
You nerds bitch all you want about the new fanbase. Pokemon go would be nothing without the hype and having normal people playing it. A year or two from now it will die down and you can go back to being the only people playing pokemon
>>
>>27571103
OP again...

Yeah...it's not like this isn't true. It's either Lucario or Zoroark, too. That part was spot on.
>>
>>27570858
>>27571053
>>27571133

These chad trollers actually think people will fall for this shit-tier bait. A couple of newfags, maybe, but even that is a stretch.
>>
>>27571190
I am 1053 and I am not trolling.

gonna go finish hatchign my 10km

u mad faggot?
>>
>>27571103
>>27571165
Wait, I thought people here just meme'd on those for being "edge canines." The favorite I always see around here is something like shuckle or dunsparce or farfetch'd.

Starmie master race 7 gens in a row
Only thing that came close to dethroning it as my favorite was pangoro
>>
>>27570270
ofcourse its a classic hipster argument yall being classic hipsters
>i liked things before everyone
>now everyone likes what i like how sad
>weeps in corner
you act like a hipster ima call you one
>>
>>27571281
You don't seem to understand what a hipster is. I play Pokemon Go because I've been a long-time fan of the series. I genuinely enjoy playing it and that's why I do so.

It's obvious that fags like you play it because it's a way to fit in (not because you actually like the series before). In other words, if Pokemon Go didn't get so much attention, you wouldn't of even known it existed.

A hipster is someone who chooses to dislike something BECAUSE it is popular. I like Pokemon Go regardless of it's popularity. The only thing I don't like is people like you.

So basically, "if ya act like a trend slave ima call you one".
>>
>>27571265
Well congrats, your favorite Pokemon sits comfortably on the /vp/ antigenwun list of shit designs.
>>
>>27571396
Yeah, but that's /vp/, why listen to them? Especially now?
>>
File: 1390864955981.png (475KB, 750x756px) Image search: [Google]
1390864955981.png
475KB, 750x756px
>Had a small pokemon plush on my desk at work for months
>Recently swapped it out for another one because I wanted a different one
>'Anon you should have both of them on your desk instead!'
the people at my job at alright most of the time
>>
>>27571396
That collage is a revenge attack on genwunners. Don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>27570351
I dont agree with you but hoooly shit this

>>27570295
>>27570574

guy is pathetic as shit. Made me laugh.
>>
>>27571380
please
>go into detail how youve been doing thing so long
>point out how randos do thing to fit in
how is that not hipster
i dont know your pathetic life you dont know mine
how the hell do i know you played since you were 8 how do you know i started yesterday?
we dont
we do know everyone here was a trend slave at first and that op complaining about pokemon being mainstream is hipster as shit
>>
>>27569595

>Even people new to pokemon thanks to the Go bandwagon think the newer ones look retarded
>>
File: 33d.gif (374KB, 414x374px) Image search: [Google]
33d.gif
374KB, 414x374px
>recently graduated from high school
>work in the school i graduated from
>people have been asking me everyday if I play the goddamn game
>i hide my powerlevel and casually talk to them about pokemon without being called a kissless virgin

life is alright
>>
>>27571680
Fuck off, genwunner.
>>
Honestly though the whole anti-"genwun" sentiment is cringy af

Actually taking shit like that seriously is how you know you've crossed over from simply being a fan of a thing into being a legit neckbeard
>>
>>27571631
You still don't seem to understand the concept of being a fan and being a trend slave. God, you're autistic.

I've been playing since Gen 2, personally, but that's not the point. I'm not arguing that you have to have been playing since Gen 1, 2, 3, whatever. Hell, you could've started in Gen 6. That's totally cool.

But when faggots like you say you're a "fan" of something, but in reality you only say you like it because it's a way of fitting in, then that's when I have a fucking problem with you. It happens all the goddamn time, with a bunch of different video games, TV shows, music artists, etc.

>How is that not hipster
I explained this, remember? Asking "how?" isn't going to pass as a refutation.

And as for how I know "your life", well, remember this: >>27570043 ?

You admitted to what you were doing.
>>
>>27569754
>>pile of sludge
>>another pile of sludge
Sludge and amorphous are common monsters in various folklore. At least it's not LITERALLY a trash bag full of crap.

>>a pokeball
>>a pokeball with swapped colors
They're angry mimics. Common in RPGs

>>a screw
>>3 screws
Magnemite is a steel ball with a cyclops eye. The ball itself is magnetic. It's evolution highlights the magnetism. That's a pretty damn good design. Better than "just add another scoop of ice cream" because Magnetom actually has a reason to be "3 screws stuck together"

>>a rock with arms
>>a boulder with arms
You're grasping at straws
>>
>>27571680
>Even people new to pokemon thanks to the Go bandwagon think the newer ones look retarded

THAT'S THE POINT
H
A
T
'
S

T
H
E

P
O
I
N
T
>>
>>27571680
all of them are new to someone who has never been in contact with the franchise, you idiot.
>>
File: wat.png (7KB, 450x377px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
7KB, 450x377px
>>27570640
The nice thing about 4chan is that even if you yourself can't see how much of a faggot you are, everyone else can share a laugh at it.
>>
>>27571757
Not really.
Just about everyone finds people who are superficially involved with their interest/hobby obnoxious, and "genwunners" come across as superficially involved.
>>
>>27571784
>They're angry mimics. Common in RPGs

Oh fuck, I never actually made this connection before. That's true though, pokeballs on the overworld are basically this series' treasure chests. I actually have a greater appreciation for Voltorb/Electrode now.
>>
>>27571759
>since gen 2
Look at this bandwagoner.
>>
>>27571795
Exactly, so there's no nostalgia excuse for you to drag out. They find the post-Kanto pokemon to be shit even though they never grew up with said Kanto pokemon.
>>
>>27571784
Holy fuck genwunner alert.

Are you seriously this blinded by nostalgia? Muk represents water pollution, Wheezing is air pollution, Garbador is land pollution.

If Voltorb and Electrode were Gen 5 Pokemon, you'd be losing your shit. And you know it. Same deal with Magnemite.

Geodude? Please tell me what you think Geodude is. Other than a rock with arms? Really?
>>
>>27571802
>still not addressing the point
>still using ad homs

"The nice thing about 4chan is that even if you yourself can't see how much of a dumbass you are, everyone else can share a laugh at it."
>>
>>27571795
If they have never been in contact with the franchise, how do they know what is new?
>>
>>27571832
I got greater appreciation for Voltorb line when I saw Amoongus which serves the same gimmick. Fucking uggo, never thought I'd find a lamer mon than Voltorb.
>>
>>27571847
How does that make me a bandwagoner? That's just when I started. And I've played ever since. I was like, what, 4 at the time?
>>
>>27571876
> Muk represents water pollution, Wheezing is air pollution, Garbador is land pollution.
Muh hand cannon!

We are talking about designs here. Muk is designed on a "sludge monster". Perhaps you've heard of 1920s movie "The Creature of the Black Lagoon" as another famous slime creature.

>If Voltorb and Electrode were Gen 5 Pokemon, you'd be losing your shit. And you know it. Same deal with Magnemite.
Projecting much.

Magnemite/Magneton are pretty damn intelligent designs. Three magnets stuck together because of magnetism.

>Geodude? Please tell me what you think Geodude is. Other than a rock with arms? Really?

Yes, and it's one of the most common monsters motifs of all time. I don't see the point you're trying to make here.

>>27571964
That's because Voltorb looks pissed that someone mistook him for a Pokeball. Electrode looks happy he's about to attack something. They have lots of personality.
>>
>>27571982
>I was like, what, 4 at the time?
Everyone is so fucking young on this website.
Why am I still here?
>>
>>27572025
>being this delusional
>being this much of a nostalgiafag
>being
>
>>
>>27572051
I'm 20. And you consider that "so young"?
How old are you?
>>
>>27571876
The problem is Garbador is shit. Trubbish is great, it's cute and charming in an ugly way and the best out of all the poisonblob first stages, but Garbodor is just awful. It's neither cool nor cute. It's almost as ugly as Swalot.
>>
>>27572099
>20 isn't young
You're barely out of high school, kiddo.
>>
>>27572116
Thaaaat's called an opinion. Muk is literally just a blob. At least Garbador has a bit more design features going on.
>>
>>27572136
OK, but once again, how old are you then?
>>
>>27572172
I'm in my late 20's. Why does it matter?
>>
>>27572025

>Creature of the Black Lagoon
>Slime creature

He was a fish monster.
>>
>>27572210
Late 20s...?
So you really aren't that much older, "kiddo".
>>
>>27572252
>almost a decade older
>aren't that much older
Stop trying to act big because you just started your undergrad.
You've barely had a taste of adult life.
>>
File: yourdreamsaremine.jpg (80KB, 500x903px) Image search: [Google]
yourdreamsaremine.jpg
80KB, 500x903px
>>27571910
OP here, scratch that, sorry, I just realized how egotistical this whole thread was. The entire point of it was to, for at least the 2000th time, state distaste for the improper use of the word "fan". This issue is very important to me, and indeed others care about the frivolity of its misuse among the plebeian masses, and thus sought to find comfort in the security of my own adoption of the term - I have played since the second gen, you see, and thus it is endangering to my sense of image/identity when one deems oneself a "fan" without veracity in their claim. I will delete this thread, they'res no need to keep up such redundant drivel.
>>
>Grown-ass men arguing and getting legit upset over pokemon
>>
>>27572289
Actual OP here.

Fuck off.
>>
>>27572142
More isn't always better, for example I think Garbodor's two antennae things only serve to the detriment of the design. I think it's saying something when Muk is relatively popular but the only time anyone mentions Garbodor is when defending it from genwunners. /vp/ is on this crusade against Muk as a petty revenge against genwunners but it's a fact that it was beloved by kids back in the day, while Garbodor simply isn't.
>>
>>27572289
>>27572337
wtf i hate OP now
>>
>>27572347
I like Wheezing, Muk, and Garbodor equally.
>>
>>27572116
>Swalot
Why does nobody ever shit on this guy? It's so bad.
>>
>>27571759
yeah yeah when i got into pokemon i was indeed a trend slave and it was fun playing with my friends
when you got into pokemon you thought it was fun and all your friends were into it
thats what im saying
im being real
and your just being a whiny bitch
and another thing look at our convo the only autist is you
>>
>>27572351
xDDDDDDD nice meme!!!
>>
File: image_5.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>27572393
Holy fuck this kid has a sore ass
>>
>>27572381
>the only autist is you
Confirmation bias? Confirmation bias.

Actually, from what I can remember, none of my friends liked Pokemon, and I introduced them. It's been a while though. Pretty sure I found out by myself.
>>
>>27572425
>>27572351
>>27572289

Holy fuck this kid is a samefagger
>>
File: stefan.png (348KB, 524x560px) Image search: [Google]
stefan.png
348KB, 524x560px
>>27572450
Wew lad, it's like talking to a retarded parrot
>>
>>27572381
>implying I had friends when I was a kid
>implying my parents didn't just get me one of the games for a holiday before I even knew about it.
>>
>>27572492
Wew lad it's like talking to a retarded b8-eating newfag
>>
>>27572517
This
>>
>>27572381
There are a number of people who just got the game as present from there parents.

I, personally, got Blue in 98/99 as a gift along with a atomic purple Gameboy Color.
I had no friends at the time. We were moving across the country.
>>
>>27571876
I think it's more reasonable to make a few oddballs in an original game though. By Generation 5 if you're still making trashbag and icecream cone pokemon you're literally just murdering a fanbase for a cash grab.
Sorry if you weren't old enough to play gen 1 and anyone saying it was the best upsets you.
>>
>>27572563
I bet you call people who make fun of you Go trenders "hipsters" while simultaneously being a hipster.
>>
>>27572625
this whole thread
>>
>>27572625
>>27572669
This. Er, these...?
>>
File: bey.jpg (68KB, 860x513px) Image search: [Google]
bey.jpg
68KB, 860x513px
>>27569595

But they does
>>
>GRR...ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THINGS TO GET WORSE OR BECOME LESSER, BECAUSE THEN I WOULD UNCOMFORTABLY HAVE TO ADMIT THAT MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE IS DIMINISHING OVER TIME

Shit happens.

Gen 1, 2, 3 are the only ones I consider 'real Pokemon'. All the rest are Gamefreaks flavor of the month farted our creation.

That's why they consistently return to the designs which are most reliable and healthy (Gen 1).
>>
>>27572839
Oh shut up, every gen has its goid and bad designs.
>>
We get it, OP. A lot of women sound the same.
>>
>>27572886
>Gen 1, 2, 3 are the only ones I consider 'real Pokemon'

Gen 3 is the moment the designs started to go digimonish (Blaziken, Gardevoir, legendary trio...) and it coincides with the moment Masuda took over
>>
>>27572025
>Muh hand cannon!

Even though grimer and muk can be found in the lake next to the Game Corner in Celadon City in GSC/HGSS where Celadon City was a place commonly known for Team Rocket schenengians

It's not head cannon you dumb apologist.
>>
>>27572886
>real Pokémon

So...No True Pokémon Fallacy?
>>
>>27572982
Not an argument

Is there a fallacy for assuming pointing out fallacies is an argument?
>>
>>27570131
You realize how autistic it is to "call someone out" for something as stupid as being a "trend slave"? They probably get defensive because they realize they're dealing with a fucking idiot and want to stop talking to you.
>>
>>27573092
They wouldn't get so defensive if they had a logical explanation, now would they? Unless they get butthurt over the slightest criticism.
>>
>>27573041
That depends. Does saying "not an argument" automatically make whatever was said before not an argument, regardless of whether it was or not?
>>
File: image.png (180KB, 310x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180KB, 310x431px
>Talking in the park with some people playing GO
>"What's your strongest, anon?"
>"Exeggutor. And I hope I get to use the new lanky Exeggutor in the future, too."
>Half of them actually get it

Eh, good enough.
>>
>>27570024
I don't know, I think it won't start pushing them out until gen 3. I never really see all that much complaining about gen 2.
>>
>>27569595
Jesus christ OP, did someone really say this to you?
>>
>>27569595
GO fags are reply to this post or your mom dies
>>
>>27569595
>you're a hipster
>not an argument
>autists everywhere
>new fags everywhere
the thread
welcome to /vp/
>>
>>27573532
reply to this post or your family will die in their sleep tonight
>>
>>27573532
Oh fuck you got me
>>
>>27573696
Fuck you.
>>
>>27571784
You're trying way too hard to prove Gen 1's designs weren't shit
>>
>>27573835
This. He's suffering from nostalgia blindness.
>>
File: spongebob1.jpg (18KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob1.jpg
18KB, 228x320px
>>27573092
>You realize how autistic it is
Not him, but I realize you don't know what autism is, so it sounds like you're some dumb underage trying to fit in using the autism buzzword.

>trend slave
that's literally what they are. They're gonna drop it once another dumb mobile game comes

>They probably get defensive because they realize they're dealing with a fucking idiot
Very inane statement here, probably for the sole purpose of ad hominem . Who gets defensive around an idiot? If they're getting defensive, it's because they haven't come to realization of who they are and why they're playing GO. I'm playing it myself, and I know its a fucking fad.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 345x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 345x1280px
>>27573532
>>27573696
>>
>>27573170
They probably just don't the slightest shit what some autistic neckbeard stranger has to say about what they choose to do with their free time. Frankly, you're lucky to not get punched in the neck for being so rude to someone you don't know.
>>
>>27574223
You're assuming I just go up to people and say "YOU CAN'T DO THAT". I'm not a dumbass. You can follow whatever trend you want of you feel that it somehow validates your existence, but I don't have to agree. I'm just telling you what I think about it.
>>
>>27573520
Some of the things, yes. The other ones were posts/things said to other people I know.
>>
>>27571784
>At least it's not LITERALLY a trash bag full of crap.

Trubbish isn't full of your opinions though.
>>
>>27571784
>mimics
Yeah too bad they do a terrible job at that. Nobody cares that Voltorb and Electrode fill a JRPG staple of their designs are horribly uninspired. Foongus and Amoonguss do a way better job, since they aren't literally just Pokeballs with eyes.
>>
File: 1431527707916.jpg (85KB, 443x591px) Image search: [Google]
1431527707916.jpg
85KB, 443x591px
>>27569595
I showed my friend some Pokemon for Gens V and VI and i was pleasantly surprised when i found out most of them LOVED Greninja and Heliolisk. Two of them mentioned, and i quote "they look like they're from the original games". It's a shame that they instantly proceeded to call all the others shit and " not real pokemon". I just don't understand why people are so black or white when it comes to value. Things are either ABSOLUTE SHIT or BEST THING EVER with no inbetweens.

Now that i think about it, i can kinda understand them liking Greninja because he's pretty well known even amongst those that don't actively follow the series, but i'm still surprised that they liked Heliolisk. At least that's two more pokemon than what i expected them to like. Maybe they can be the entry point for modern pokemon in their case.
>>
>>27574609
OOOOOOHHHHHH
kek
>>
>all the guys and some girls around my age at my job play go
>knew long before the game came out that i'm a pokemon player
>almost all of them are floored after learning that i've never had any interest in go
>can barely converse with them about pokemon because they've never played any of the other games and can only talk about the gen 1 starters + route 1 mons and showing off what they caught in go
>>
>>27573870
I never denied it was a fad, and most of them probably don't either.

>but that's what they are

Do you go around telling muslims they are terrorists because "that's what they are"? You can keep your thoughts to yourself instead of shoving your opinion at someone the moment they do something that annoys you.
>>
>>27575628
>Do you go around telling muslims they are terrorists because "that's what they are"?

Wew fucking lad.
>>
>>27569595
>Pokemon Go
>good for the franchise
>good in any way
Please kill yourself. I mean that sincerely.
>>
File: 1467505050721.gif (347KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1467505050721.gif
347KB, 500x414px
>>27569595
>but goddamn all these trend slaves who just play it because it's popular.

So like the original games then?
>>
>>27575628
I think you're taking his word a bit too literally; I doubt he pointed his finger and called them "TREND SLAVES" in a nagging tone.

But the term trend slave is pretty appropriate to describe them, despite it being a bit rude. I bet you could find bike race, flappy bird, candy crush, and other garbage in the download history of said people. We've all met this type of person; they have no depth to them and have an iota of passion for anything except for what is currently popular. They "love" what's currently popular.

If said type of person claims to be a pokemon fan after watching half a season of the anime when they were young and playing GO for a couple of weeks, I'd have to disagree, especially if they boast every pokemon after gen 1 is garbage.

Also, your comparison is overly hyperbolic. Being called a trend slave is nowhere near as hateful as being called a terrorist for what religion you subscribe to.
>>
>>27569595
>have normalfag friends
>hang out with them for the first time since GO released a few days ago
>everyone playing GO on their phones
>talk to them about Sun and Moon
>everyone is super hyped and loves the Alola formes and new Pokémon

I feel lucky, I've never had too much of a genwunner problem. My friends are casuals, but they don't instantly reject the newer Gens just for being new.
>>
File: geodude.png (117KB, 574x322px) Image search: [Google]
geodude.png
117KB, 574x322px
>>27571876
>Please tell me what you think Geodude is.

I know like nothing about Japanese folklore but I think "rock with arms" is some kind of youkai.
>>
>>27571784
>Better than "just add another scoop of ice cream"
Wow, this sentence right here proves how retarded you are and makes your entire post worthless.

Vanillite is a small cone of hard ice cream in a cake cup (the flat-bottomed cones used for kids ice cream). When it evolves to Vanillish, it gains a sugar cone that is also a stalagmite. It also becomes a soft serve swirl. Vanilluxe is a sundae, with ice crystal nuts, a "straw", and a two scoop cone.

You saying Vanillite "just gets bigger" after defending Magnemite after someone said it "just gets bigger" makes you look retarded
>>
>>27579515
That's the mascot for a snack brand, it's just a funny coincidence they look kind of alike.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.