[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General: Less Dying Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 34

File: Flygon-delta-species.HP.7.png (694KB, 570x796px) Image search: [Google]
Flygon-delta-species.HP.7.png
694KB, 570x796px
We did retypings first

New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play, then switch to theme decks from the store for extra packs
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad and eBay instead of asking.

TOTT: What shitty techs are you trying out from Steam Siege?
>>
Haven't played since Ancient Origins
What are the cool decks these days?
Also friend wants a deck with Gengar, can anyone post a list for Gengar-EX hit and run?

What the fuck VS Seekers are 10$ now?
>>
>>27567589
>cool decks nowadays
still night march
But hey we have "can't do anything" Jolteon/Glaceon now. And Greninja Break is kind of fun. Waterbox is a thing. I'm pretty sure Yeveltal/Zoroark is still a thing.

>Also friend wants a deck with Gengar, can anyone post a list for Gengar-EX hit and run?
Remember, we have rotation in like a month and Gengar's on the chopping block.

>What the fuck VS Seekers are 10$ now?
Yeah, that's generally what happens when you have a high demand card that has no way of being reprinted for availability. Wish we had Pokemon Mega-tins or gold packs.
>>
>>27567589
>What the fuck VS Seekers are 10$ now?
Every deck MUST run 4 of them. No exception.
And its only found in PHF (and as a SR in ROS).
>>
>>27567674
>Gengar's on the chopping block.
That's okay, we're just playing for shits and giggles so I'm not worried about rotations. I've still got my Garchomp/Altaria deck built.
>>27567688
Well, looks like I'm going to sell all mine at worlds. Hopefully pick up some world championship decks and just use fake VS seekers.
>>
Is yvetel better to have than lugia if I have zoroark?
>>
>>27567746
Zoroark is good regardless, but Yveltal is overall kind of better than Lugia.
>can hit for weakness
>does a straight 20+ damage more than Lugia
>that great dark support from babby yveltal and the stadium
>y-cyclone to save your energies

All Lugia really has going for it is splashability and being able to use its attack for a single DCE. But you want more energies on it anyway.
>>
I heard the pull rates of Steam Siege were abysmal. Kinda glad I didn't get the booster box.
>>
>>27567737
Oh, in that case just copy Sean Foisy's deck from worlds.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2015/decks/masters/
Maybe add in a Trevenant Break or something.

>>27567865
I don't think any set's been worth a box since like, Roaring Skies.

High rarity Pokemon cards just don't have enough value for that. Secret Rares are capping out at like 20-30 bucks and a box is like 90.
>>
>>27567887
Thanks for pointing out the decklist man. Forgot that it even made top in worlds.
>>
>>27567887
boxes are usually 60-70 during pre-orders so it's only ever worth it to get 1 or 2 then
>>
>>27567887
>High rarity Pokemon cards just don't have enough value for that.

Value depends on playability because its directly related to the demand.

ROS had Shaymin EX which defined the meta as it is today that made the set sell out fast.

If STS had any meta defining cards on it the value would be much higher, but you can only find crap in STS and thats why the value of the cards and packs will plummet once the release hype dies.
>>
>>27567555

I haven't played in a long time. Did they ever make it so you can shut off animations again in TCGO?
>>
Does anyone have spare VS Seekers to trade away in TCGO?
>>
baka

i don't even really like Gardevoir
>>
File: d96.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>27569579
>That full art on the right

good shit
>>
File: deck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Any suggestions to switch lugia and yvetel?
>>
File: IMG_3119.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3119.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
i really, really like this articuno I pulled from generations
>>
>>27569707
You have 6 poketools

3 float stones and 3 fury belts

Lugia is the only pokemon in your deck that can use the belts and you only have two. You could add a super rod or increase the amount of lugias in your deck to use all those belts.

Otherwise you could take out 1 float stone and 1 belt for another 2 cards you may need.

You have three lysandres most of the time you would only need 2. You have 2 delinquents, I don't think you need that many so reduce to 1. Draw support is critical and with only 6 draw supporters and no octillery/shaymin do you have a tough time drawing?
>>
File: birbs.jpg (176KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
birbs.jpg
176KB, 1328x747px
>>27569837
yeah they did a great job with the birbs
>>
>>27569837
>Blastoise EX
Nice to see he's as useless in the card game as he is in the video game.
>>
>>27569706

why does no one like Ryo Ueda?

;_;
>>
>>27569933
Replacing lugia with yveltal
>>
>>27569933
I do have a tough time drawing... I only have one shaymin so just used deoxys before but dropped it
>>
>>27570026

can't hate on the art though
>>
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>27569933
updated to more what i'm looking for
>>
What trading company would you guys suggest I go to on ptcgo?
>>
Do any of the theme decks have diveballs, trainer mail, or VS seekers?
>>
>>27570227
Why the beautifly by the way?
>>
>>27570238
Top Cut or bust. It's the only company with a real Pokemon name. Stay away from faggy violet city.
>>
>>27570376
It protects against ex pokemon without being expensive.
>>
>>27570428
Why not carbink?

If you play Carbink x3 you get room for 6 more cards wince you dont need the forest.

Those 6 slots can be used for another zorua, zoroark, break, yveltal, delinquent and a darkness energy
>>
>>27570428

I am not sure about including it. There 13 cards that make up the support for beautifly that could be used for consistency.
>>
>>27570504
carbink only prevents damage while beautifly prevents effects too
>>
>>27570532
nvm wrong carbink
>>
>>27570532
Uhhh, Carbink prevents effects ... and Beautifly doesn't.
>>
File: BeautiflyEmeraldBreak5.jpg (782KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
BeautiflyEmeraldBreak5.jpg
782KB, 600x836px
>>27570532
Beautifly just prevents damage
>>
>>27570594
But beautifly doesn't have to say it protects effects too. It's a given that it protects from everything
>>
File: suiceb.jpg (27KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
suiceb.jpg
27KB, 300x426px
>>27570649

Nah it just prevents damage.
>>
>>27570713
not quite the same as safeguard
>>
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Here we go
>>
>>27570649
>It's a given that it protects from everything
It says damage so it is just damage.
Nothing is a given.
>>
>>27570737
Maybe, MAYBE an Evosoda since so much of this deck needs evolution.
>>
>>27570737
-1 Lysandre
-1 N
-1 Skyla
-2 Darkness Energy

+3 Fighting Energy
+2 Fighting Fury Belt
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 1360x768px
Wew lad.
>>
wtf, Steam Siege deck is missing from the store
>>
Oh shit i just thought of something...dirty ass yveltal will be rotated out.

Fml any ideas?? should i switch back to lugia or maybe go for darkrai?
>>
>>27571037
Yveltal XY got reprinted in both Generations and Steam Siege
Yveltal EX was reprinted in a tin three months ago
>>
File: RayRay.png (627KB, 974x478px) Image search: [Google]
RayRay.png
627KB, 974x478px
How is this? What should I change?
>>
>>27571180
too many Ex
>>
I haven't played since the Fates Collide launch. Questions:

>Are we getting CP4 yet?
>Any hot new fotm decks I should know about?
>Does the client have spectating yet so I can finally host a tournament for you guys?
>>
>>27571225
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>27571266
Oh, and the most important question, is RS still the value pack? I'm sitting on like 300 of them from when I stopped. Really hope I haven't lost everything.
>>
>>27571180
>would love to get bullied by regice/carbink break
>>
>>27571093
you mean promo?
>>
>>27571303
Carbink gets owned by Hex Maniac.

I could add a Pokemon Ranger to deal with regi, but given it needs 3 turns to charge it probably isnt necesary.
>>
>>27571093
yea nah, xypromo will not count in standard when rotation comes out
>>
File: 74.jpg (62KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
62KB, 400x562px
>>27571385
I don't think regice is that poplar eithe but just something to keep in mind
>>
>>27571492
Is there any reason why you believe this? Was there an announcement I missed?
>>
>>27571526
wrong pic I was going to say that a 1x1 altaria line would get rid of weakness but electric decks aren't common
>>
What will be the deck to beat after the rotation?
>>
This game is nothing but trainer cards: the game
I really couldnt get into it when 95% of pokemon cards are useless
>>
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>27571760
I think it would be cool if there were way more pokemon with abilities like Shaymin-EX, or whatnot, so that people played more pokemon - however all of the mechanics of the game force players to play small amounts of pokemon and large amounts of trainers in order to fluidly play the game. Most specifically the bench - you're restricted in just how many pokemon you could play.

Maybe if they changed supporters into just being 'supporter pokemon' that'd be cool.
>>
>>27571760
Well yeah, of course Trainers are important. Do you complain about magic and traps in Yugioh? Spells in Hearthstone? Instants and Sorceries in Magic?

>95% of pokemon cards are useless
You are absolutely right and it's Pokemon's biggest problem, but it's not THAT bad. Between 25%~50% of each set is at least viable.
>>
>>27571900
Thing is in magic you can win with no creatures, in pokemon its like the pokemon themselves are in the way.
I probably shouldnt be complaining, I understand this is how they make money, making some cards better than others so that people/kids spend money on booster packs hoping to find it, if the game was balanced why would you buy new cards once you got your favorites?
I just wished the focus was more on the pokemon cards themselves is all, instead of ugly trainer cards
>>
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
It's looking a lot better
>>
File: 1444782618281.jpg (33KB, 314x372px) Image search: [Google]
1444782618281.jpg
33KB, 314x372px
How come there wasn't a single card in the entire set that had any sort of synergy with Mega Gardevoir's Despair Ray, despite it being the attack of one of Steam Siege's two flagship Pokemon? Why even make for the potential zero energy attack with Dimensional Valley and BKT Florges if you're then going to have to gimp the attack to near uselessness?

Why wasn't there a single Special Energy card in the set, reprint or original? Did they actively decide against making a Explosive Fighter (Fire, Water, Metal) and Cruel Traitor (Fairy, Psychic, Dark) Blend energy, or did their R+D department just not think of it at all?

Why wasn't there a single Stadium card in the set, reprint or not? This makes Steam Siege the only XY set to not have any kind of Stadium at all, especially after the last 3 sets had a double-sided one a la Parallel City and co. Did they not think that maybe the Gear Palace would have made for a very fitting Stadium card? How come there was also no Pokemon Tools in the set either excluding Spirit Links? Why was the trainer card count so incredibly low anyway especially if you discount the obvious spirit links and fossil cards?

What was the point in making Mega Steelix Fighting type if they're just going to have to completely gimp it because of how much support Fighting types have? Five energy attackers have never seen competitive play throughout the TCG's history, why continue to make them especially when cards like Yveltal-EX are so incredibly popular?

Why doesn't a single card in Steam Siege make reference to the invasion of Gear Palace? The only cards that show any reference to Gear Palace at all are Yveltal, Hydreigon, Chimchar and maybe some others, but this is just showing the Pokemon going about its business without any obvious contesting or opposition. It was a completely wasted setting - more so than usual. (see also BREAKpoint's rift-merging and apparent large-scale battle from the instability)
>>
File: pkm_xypromo_150.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pkm_xypromo_150.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>27571266
>Are we getting CP4 yet?
>http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/07/evolutions-set-logo
>Over 100 cards.

And since we're getting the entirety of Japan's 20th Anniversary set in it and presumably all of the non-FA cards and non-EX cards from CP5 in Evolutions along some assorted Japanese promos, it's VERY unlikely. Remember that CP4 has a set list of 131 cards.

That means no Night March for you and you'll actually have to think of a strategy to do well.

>Any hot new fotm decks I should know about?

Not right now, wait until the rotation hits us like a ton of bricks.

>>Does the client have spectating yet so I can finally host a tournament for you guys?

No, but it's on the staff's meaningless "to-do" list.

>Oh, and the most important question, is RS still the value pack?

Yep, but if any of 'em were obtained via the pack redemption glitch from a few months ago then expect them to be gone.

>>27571540

He's probably thinking of Yveltal-EX XY09, that's the old tin promo while he also knows about XY promos below the XY36 count being dropped from Standard come September 1st.

What we're talking about is Yveltal-EX XY150, that will be legal in the new rotation and will keep Yveltal-EX legal for a couple more years.
>>
File: 1445289086456.png (680KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445289086456.png
680KB, 619x480px
>>27572053

How come they didn't add a Klinklang BREAK into the set when this was the absolute perfect set to include one? Why did they just make an incredibly mediocre Klinklang and leave it at that? Metal still has only one BREAK evolution and yet Fire is soon getting its fifth and sixth with Arcanine and Ninetales BREAKs.

How come no BREAK evolution outside of Xearneas and arguably Yanmega had any sort of synergy with their pre-evolutions? How come after several sets can they not think of BREAKs that actively improve on the pre-evolution as opposed to just 'third attack'?

Did they completely run out of time when it came around to artworks for multiple cards or did they really think that stock Sugimori art on a bland or garish background was acceptable? Last time this happened on multiple cards was Boundaries Crossed when it was incredibly obvious that they were just filler cards with not a single care put into designing them.

Why were dual type cards for all intents and purposes, just a single type card with an extra type slapped on? Not a single card has an actual written use for the secondary type, be it attack cost or otherwise. If they were that uncomfortable trying to balance dual type cards, why bother making them?
>>
>>27571900

It also feels that once you get a "competitive" deck the game is played mechanically as if on autopilot, you just follow your strategy and ignore your rival pretty much, hoping to sweep him before he sweeps you.
I miss when the game was slower too I guess.
>>
>>27572111
There's plenty of decision making, the game isn't on auto-pilot. Decisions like, "What two cards do I pitch to Ultra Ball?" or "Do I need this double colorless energy or is it better to Sycamore here?" can make or break a game.

The biggest problems with pokemon are indeed that 95% of cards are useless, and that there's little player interaction. However it's still quite a fun game.
>>
>>27572045
I like it.

Consider Professor Letter if you have a hard time getting the energies flowing.
>>
>>27572203
You are probably right and Im just too casual to see it.
>>
>>27572028
>Thing is in magic you can win with no creatures, in pokemon its like the pokemon themselves are in the way.
And in the other games I listed?
It's just the way the game is played. Humans and the various items, tools, and settings get their share of the spotlight.

>this is how they make money, making some cards better than others so that people/kids spend money on booster packs hoping to find it, if the game was balanced why would you buy new cards once you got your favorites?
Well, let's look at the current meta to prove you wrong instantly, using the US Nationals results as an objective source and going down the list in order of win rate:
>There have been 9 packs since Night March was released two years ago
>There have been 12 packs since Trevenant released three years ago
>There have been 10 packs since Seismitoad released three years ago
>There have been 9 packs since Manectric released two years ago
>There have been 5 packs since Vespiquen/Vileplume released a year ago
And those are five of the best decks, with Night March sitting in Tier 0.

If they were printing better cards to push product, why aren't these newer cards winning? Why is the current meta almost exclusively cards from two years ago?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-05+at+05.29.09).jpg (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-05+at+05.29.09).jpg
704KB, 1920x1080px
I definitely wanna keep the strat of the deck intact, but I'm open to suggestions on trainers that help accomplish that. The most obvious thing for me would be to get 3 Shaymins to replace Oct, but right now Octy is good enough.
>>
>>27572238
>And in the other games I listed?
I dont know, the only TCGs I have played are magic, pokemon and digimon.

>Why is the current meta almost exclusively cards from two years ago?

Youd be surprised how incompetent TCG designers can be, and the main demographic is children, you sell to them with new gimmicks or cool looking cards, competitive players are not the ones that make you money
>>
>>27572341
It was a rhetorical question, I'm pointing out that the Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product, which is something you see in other card games like Yugioh.
>>
>>27572095
>>27572053
They winged it because gen 7 is coming. and are already sick of this one.
>>
>>27572473

It's called rotation, dumbass.
>>
>>27572804
What does that have to do with literally anything being talked about?
>>
>>27572870

>Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product

I don't know when you started to play the TCG, but just look at shit like Pokémon EX and BREAK and massive damage for a small number of energies.

On top of that the rotation literally tells you to go fuck yourself and buy new cards.
>>
>>27573008
>I don't know when you started to play the TCG, but just look at shit like Pokémon EX and BREAK and massive damage for a small number of energies.
Mewtwo EX in Next Destinies was the game's biggest and only in-format hard spike in power creep. You can argue that previous Tier 0 decks like LuxChomp had the same effect, but that wasn't thanks to a new mechanic. SP were relatively old by that point.

Break Pokemon have absolutely not been an example of power creep. If anything, it's a perfect example of how a mechanic can be inoffensively introduced to a card game while still being viable.

So what I said is still 100% true. The Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product.
>>
>>27567674
>still night march
pls leave PTCGO
>>
File: autism.png (636KB, 846x480px)
autism.png
636KB, 846x480px
>>27573308

>So what I said is still 100% true. The Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product.

No, your statement is false.
>>
>>27573425
Other than Mewtwo EX, can you give a set of examples that specifically show Pokemon DOES suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product?
>>
>>27573448

Night March attack (buy BC and VS)
Evil Ball/Aero Ball (buy Pokémon EX like Yveltal and Darkrai)
Double Dragon Energy (Giratina-EX, Darkrai)
Mega Evolution (Mega Rayquaza, Mega Manectric)
Greninja BREAK
Zygarde-EX

And that's just the recent stuff.
>>
>>27573448

Dark Explorers Darkrai-EX.
Keldeo-EX.
Landorus-EX.
DRX Rayquaza-EX.
Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank City Gym.
Plasma Lugia-EX.
Virizion EX and Genesect EX.
Yveltal-EX.
Seismitoad-EX.
Lucario-EX.
Manectric-EX and M-Manectric-EX.
Night March.
Colorless M-Rayquaza-EX.
Giratina-EX.
Hoopa-EX.
>>
>>27573675
>Night March attack
Wasn't viable until two years after printing. Not an example of pushing product.

>Evil Ball/Aero Ball
Definitely strong, but not Tier 0 on launch. Not an example of pushing product.

>Double Dragon Energy
Wasn't viable until a year after printing. Not an example of pushing product.

>Mega Evolution
Absolutely wasn't viable until M Mane, and even then wasn't Tier 0.

>Greninja BREAK
Tier 2 as its best, virtually untiered as of Nationals.

>Zygarde-EX
Seven decks placed above it at its debut.

I think there's some heavy miscommunication here. My original statement was
>The Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product.
and you're somehow interpreting this as
>There is no such thing as a competitively-viable Pokemon card.

This whole reply chain started because >>27572028 said that Pokemon purposely prints powerful cards to force players to buy the latest pack, as is seen in TCGs like Yugioh.

And the point of my posts is to show this ISN'T true. Almost the entirety of the current meta comes from two-year-old packs, as I detailed in >>27572238.

Again, if Pokemon had huge power creep to push product, why aren't the cards in the product they're pushing creeped up? It doesn't make sense. Your examples only reinforce this.
>>
>>27574011

>Evil Ball/Aero Ball
Definitely strong, but not Tier 0 on launch. Not an example of pushing product.

Not him Yveltal-EX was definitely tier 0 at XY. Dark was just so completely overtuned at that stage there was little reason to play anything else.
>>
>>27574011

Jesus christ, dude. You keep changing your statement. Now everything has to be tier 0 all of the sudden to be qualified for your definition of "pushing product" and we're suddenly talking about the latest set (which actually does have some powerful cards) They were all examples of highly sought after cards persuading people to buy product.

So, your original statement about how: "The Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product" is false, because yes, it fucking does.
>>
I typically only buy the Trainer box for each new expansion because they look nice and >storage

Did that for Steam Siege, really only wanted Bisharp. Pulled one plus full art Magearna. Don't care how rare either is, feeling happy.
>>
>>27574689
>So, your original statement about how: "The Pokemon TCG doesn't really suffer from in-format power creep as a means to push product" is false, because yes, it fucking does.
Then why wasn't Fates Collide dominating Nats?
Then why wasn't Generations dominating Nats?
Then why wasn't Breakpoint dominating Nats?
Then why wasn't Breakthrough dominating Nats?
Then why wasn't Ancient Origins dominating Nats?
Why do we have to go nine packs back to find our current Tier 0 deck?
Why do we have to go nine packs back to find most of our current Tier 1?

Do new packs have interesting cards? Do new packs have techs and the occasional staple that many players can include in their deck? Do new packs have cards that make it somewhere on the tier list? They do, and that's irrelevant.

If the Pokemon TCG really suffered from in-format power creep as a means to push product, then the new packs would be invalidate older packs, and they would be virtually mandatory to play competitively. This is what happens in other card games. Is this what happens in Pokemon? No.
>>
>>27572203
>and that there's little player interaction.

If you want to make Pokemon more like YVO, then just play YGO.
>>
>>27575159
But why would I play literal unredeemable trash
>>
>>27575181

Becaus the resale market for YGO is better than Pokemon's, you can even replace YGO with MtG or Vanguard and that statement would still be true.
>>
>>27575221
If I wanted to make money through a card game I'd play magic. There's literally no upside to Yu Gi Oh.
>>
>>27574997

Well, I still don't agree with you.
>>
ive pulled 3 physical FA sycamores out of an ETB and 7 booster packs. AMA
>>
>>27576712
Can you stop lying?
>>
>>27576768
but im not :(
>>
I play very casually with some friends, and wanted to build a deck with Golduck BREAK. What cards would work well with it, or is it bad even casually?
>>
>>27576768
Sometimes you just get really lucky, I pulled to 2 secret art Volcanion Exs, and a FA one.
>>
>>27576880
Golduck is a tech card, not really much on its own, but its pivotal in other decks, like with Mega Gyarados/ Palkia
>>
File: 9810439823094823.jpg (117KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
9810439823094823.jpg
117KB, 320x450px
i-is this really a real card that was made? how in the FUCK was this allowed?? and this is coming from someone who fucking loves Ho-oh to death
>>
>>27577274
If it makes you feel any better, it was such a good idea that MtG stole something from Pokemon for once.
>>
File: XY10_EN_72.png (209KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY10_EN_72.png
209KB, 245x342px
>>
Wow, even Regigigas is good in TCG.

Maybe I should try to make decks of shitmons I loved in-game like Zebstrika that aren't viable for the main series games.
>>
>open 80 locked packs from SS
>write up a list of things I need/want
>things looking good, only want 2 more Yanmega, 3 Yanmega BREAK, 2 more Volcanion
>remember trainers
>need a FA Pokemon Ranger and 4 FA Sycamore
>4 FA Sycamore is likely going to cost ~40+ packs

feels fucking bad
>>
Prof. Sycamore looks like shit in his FA, why do people even want that thing?
>>
>>27578426
Because bling?
>>
>>27578426

I don't want to look poor senpai

I'm already using these pleb ultra balls, I'll be damned if I look any more poverty
>>
>just won a game with Jumpluff

ama
>>
>>27577274
Don't you like it? It's pretty beautiful in person.
>>
>game has frozen twice in 10 minutes

Cool client.
>>
>>27578978

2-0 with Jumpluff

I think I'm going to retire it while I'm ahead.
>>
This card clumping can fuck off.

12 games in a row, either I draw all my stadiums at the end or at the beginning where they just clutter me up. I have yet to evolve anything on turn one with FoGP.
>>
going through trainer challenges

game gets stuck on board like 1/4 times I win and I gotta do it over again
>>
Hoping to find a Steam Siege box tomorrow at Gen Con for around 80-90 dollars. Wish me luck.
>>
casual collector here, just looked at latest expansions (been out of the loop for some months now) and it seems like the illustrations have been really good lately. since that small team magma-team aqua expansion it looks like every other card is either really pretty or with an interesting concept or just plain fun!

first time in a TCG thread, might post my little collection later
>>
>>27580281
Not happening. PS JW Mariot bar come join us I am the smelly one in the cape and wizards hat.
>>
>>27580487
I dunno, last year I saw pretty much all XY boxes for 90, including RSK, the most recent set. Worst case scenario I say fuck it and just shovel the 30 for the Sycamore.
>>
>>27580681
I bought a case in prep for worlds. I pulled all my sycamores :)
>>
>>27580717
Cases are near guaranteed losses, why would you buy those. 120 for 4 Sycamores is better than 600+ for a chance at 4, likely less, and tons of valueless cards.
>>
>>27580739
I always do a dinner party draft with friends every set.
>>
Limiting the amount of trainers you could have in a deck would help the game
>>
>>27581696
It would also kill creativity. We would be going back to the holon era where every deck had the same engine.
>>
>>27581710
The game has no creativity already.
>>
>>27581717
M e M e S
>>
>>27582814
Reality, its all the same trainers and the same 3-4 pokemon
>>
>>27582953
Except it isn't.
>>
>>27582953
Somehow have energy/colour requirements for trainers?
>>
>Check back later for new Versus Rewards!
What?
>>
File: big_furry_monster2.jpg (43KB, 401x280px) Image search: [Google]
big_furry_monster2.jpg
43KB, 401x280px
>>27577313
Magic had it first. In a joke set, but still.
>>
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/charizard-pikachu-and-professor-oak-modern-reprints-in-evolutions

So the cards are keeping their original looks as well.
>>
>>27584575
Just limit them in some way
Or make pokemon not suck so much and give all pokemon some kind of synergy with other pokemon cards, way too many stand on their own, just sucking and doing nothing.
This game has rotation, there is no reason to make most cards unplayable
>>
>>27585266
I loved they told you what level each pokemon was at, why did they get rid of it.
>>
>>27585291
Because it's pointless and arbitrary. They brought it back in Gen IV.
>>
>>27585302
It wasnt arbitrary you saw pre evos with lower levels and same pokemon with different levels that had different attacks that kind of made sense.
I really liked it
>>
>>27585302
It's just a bit of flavour.

Although, you do run the risk of evolving a Pokemon into a lower level form.
>>
I'm probably retarded and can't find it. But is there a specific way I'm supposed to post TCGO codes up here?
>>
>>27583145
Prove it
>>
>>27585689
Just post a pic
>>
File: 0806161038b-1.jpg (726KB, 1859x2689px)
0806161038b-1.jpg
726KB, 1859x2689px
>>
>>27585770
>>27585689
you should probably have covered the qr code as there are bots that will auto redeem the qr
>>
>>27586227

Please stop pushing the bot meme.

>>27585266

I'm just happy they didn't neuter Oak like they did Bill.
>>
>>27568749
>60-70 during pre-orders

Never seen that before. Lowest i've seen a box go for is around 89.99. Elite trainer boxes are 60 where I live, so it may just be our shit dollar. But I'm curious, on which sites have you seen boxes go for 60-70?
>>
>>27577316
I haven't played this shit in so long but what the fuck is with 50 extra for a stadium card? That's ridiculous
>>
>>27586685
Thats an unused weak card actually.
>>
>>27586685
Huge power creep since the DP era. It's at its craziest right now. Primal Kyogre EX does 150 and 30 to each opposing benched pokemon for 4 energy.
>>
>>27586714
I can tell by the shitty ability, but the power creep is fucking stupid.
>>
>>27586720
Is that a highly used card? I can see it being used with Blastoise, assuming that card is still legal.
>>
>>27586770
It sees moderate use. Not winning any big tourneys though. And I doubt the Blastoise you're talking about is still legal, as the only one that is is mediocre at best.
>>
>>27586743
Thats what makes TCGs sell, trought. I just dont understand the point if rotation is a thing but w/e.
>>
>>27586770
Kyogre is shit since AO came out dont listen to that guy.
>>
If there is a rotation how exactly is it powercreep if those two card types can legally never meet? It's essentially another card game.

Also DP era was almost 10 years ago now.
>>
>>27586883
What? If anything, it ONLY became playable after BKP, with Palkia EX, Manaphy EX, and Max Elixir to help set-up faster. But like I said, not winning any tourneys by any means.
>>
File: yveltal-ex-xy-79-ptcgo-1.png (341KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
yveltal-ex-xy-79-ptcgo-1.png
341KB, 700x990px
>>27586743
>the power creep is fucking stupid.
Pokemon's been using a rotation system like Magic's since Gen I, so power creep is virtually irrelevant.

For reference, here's one of the oldest cards that's currently legal. This Yveltal was released three years before that Diancie. Sure, that Diancie is better than cards we had 10+ years ago, but that doesn't matter when the rotation makes it so you can't even play those cards together.

On a side note, only the numbers have gotten bigger, and it's for a matter of precision rather than creep. Everything else (energy costs, acceleration, draw powers, trainers in general) have gotten significantly weaker over the years, especially when compared to Base Set.
>>
>>27586469
Oak's nerf is almost as bad as Bill's since Oak now ends your turn.
>>
>>27586980
How did they change Bill
>>
>>27586934
Because there's never been a clean rotation. Every rotation still has a few sets from the previous one.
>>
>>27587046
But the creep inbetween those is nearly non existent.
>>
>>27587046
Just like the creep for this upcoming rotation right?
>>
>>27587046
And for the most part, those leftover sets can still very much compete with the newest ones. The fact that Expanded has a relatively old and diverse meta is objective proof of this; you're still seeing old classics topping despite their age.

That's because Pokemon's overarching design creep is very slow, sometimes taking multiple rotations to really cement in. You only see true power creep when you compare formats that are 2-3+ years apart, and even that isn't absolute.
>>
>>27587028
Bill became a supporter in HGSS and drawing two is a pretty weak effect for a supporter.
>>
>>27587054
That's a generalization. The early BW sets are a good example of how Pokemon has suffered from in-format power creep in the past. The first few gen 3 sets also had a noticeable bump up in damage and HP.
>>
>>27586971
What do people do when cards rotate out?
Burn them in a fire?
>>
>>27586850
I'm referring to base set
>>
>>27586971
I played the game three years ago. I remember Yveltal. And before XY the power creep was getting huge then got pushed back down with the reintroduction of EX.
>>
>>27587110
Wow thats terrible, they should have made it somewhat unique like flip a coin and you draw 4 cards instead of 2 or something, why make inferior cards that no one is ever going to use
>>
>>27587185
Oh yeah, that's long gone. But it's getting reprinted in a newer set soon, so it could be a neat tool for the deck.
>>
>>27587181
There's an extended format, and then there's collectors.
>>
>>27587181
Keep them? They have collectional value too, you know
>>
>>27587181
Either play in legacy formats (Expanded, Unlimited, casuals, etc), sell them, or keep them for collection purposes. I still have a mostly complete Platinum and HGSS series set, for example.

Also, not all cards rotate out. A lot of staples get reprinted, letting you keep using them.
>>
Are they aware of the meta? I don't understand why anybody would use anything but EX and single stage cards.
>>
>>27587257
Because Stage 1s and Megas can come with fantastic effects like Manectric and Aromatisse. Plus there are things like Jolteon, Carbink and Pyroar that went ahead to counter that thought process.
>>
>>27587200
Well, Yveltal came out during the Next Destinies to Flashfire format. So let's compare Yveltal to some of the oldest cards of the format back then. For reference, some of the decks we saw at Worlds that year included:
>Trevenant/Accelgor
>ViriGen (Worlds Master Winner)
>Plasma Box
>Blastoise/Kyurem
So no, I wouldn't say Yveltal was that much stronger than the other cards we had at the time.
>>
>>27587257
Because lots of great stage 1 and even stage 2 pokemon exist.
Like the worlds winner last year - Blastoise
>>
File: Capture.png (141KB, 473x165px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
141KB, 473x165px
email code
>>
>>27587308
Is that really a good example when Blastoise was played as a basic due to Archie's?
>>
>>27587688
The evolution mechanic is slow, but that doesn't change the fact that there are great evolution pokemon out there - with cards to assist them like rare candy, wally, or ace in the hole.
>>
>>27587737
>The evolution mechanic is slow,
Its not.
You have Evosoda, Wally and Rare Candy to pump evolutions.
>>
>>27588224
>You have Evosoda, Wally and Rare Candy to pump evolutions.
Yeah, my EXs and Big Basics are totally useless until I draw into both Rare Candy and the Stage 2. Oh wait, the opposite is true.
He's 100% correct. Evolutions take a huge amount of deckspace, sometimes multiple turns to set up before you even consider energies, and for the most part end up on- or below-par even after all that.

I'm not arguing that evolutions are shit. They obviously have a solid meta share. But saying that they're by any means fast is absolutely wrong.
>>
>>27586980

Yea, but what I mean is that they didn't overwrite the original Oak, meaning that in unlimited you can still play Oak as if it isn't a supporter.

When they reprinted Bill it ruined the card. When a card is printed with the exact same name it acts as an errata, so even if you were playing the old Bill in an unlimited format, it counted as a supporter. Since new Oak has a different name it doesn't run into that issue.
>>
>>27588952
>When a card is printed with the exact same name it acts as an errata
So Gardevoir EX in Steam Siege errata'd Gardevoir EX in Primal Clash?
>>
>>27589019

Obviously not. But it works that way for trainer cards.
>>
File: 1441418926407.jpg (24KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1441418926407.jpg
24KB, 417x515px
>buy a bunch of unweighed booster packs
>only Full Art is something I already fucking have
>>
>>27589019
Technically Gardevoir-EX (PRC105) isn't the same name as Gardevoir-EX (STS78), but since there isn't a Bill in rotation, any new Bill card would count as the current formatting of how Bill's effects work.
>>
>>27589050
>liking full arts
>>
>>27589139

I just want a fucking Volcanion ;-;
>>
>>27589034
Since Unlimited isn't an officially-supported format, there's been no statement on how similarly-named Trainers should behave.
You're making assumptions for a format with no actual rules.

>>27589091
Bill (EVL ##) isn't the same name as Bill (BS 91) by your own logic.

For reference, there's actually a ruling when it comes to using older versions of in-format cards:
>In cases where a card is reprinted with significant text changes, the player playing the card must have a new copy of the card on hand, separate from their deck to serve as reference. For example, the effect of Energy Retrieval printed in Black & White is different from the original print in Base Set. A player would be permitted to include the Base Set print of Energy Retrieval in their deck for tournament play, but would be required to provide a copy of the Black & White print as reference.
>>
Energy Removal reintroduced when?
>>
>>27589281
As an item? never. It would be too OP.
As a supporter? You have Team Flare Grunt.
>>
>>27589281
Crushing Hammer
Enhanced Hammer
Team Flare Grunt
Xerosic
>>
Is there a card that let's me devolve all my pokemon in one swoop?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
One thing I love about Steam Siege is how a lot of my favs got holos, especially Hydreigon, who is my eternal favorite Pokemon.

>Gen 5 a BEST
>>
>>27589602
what an edgy lot
>>
>>27589172
>Since Unlimited isn't an officially-supported format, there's been no statement on how similarly-named Trainers should behave.
>You're making assumptions for a format with no actual rules.

No, I'm not. Look it up. Official rules state that a card's effects go by its latest print.
>>
>>27589624
Can you link me it? I actually did some research before posting it and everything I found says Unlimited isn't supported by Play! Pokemon, and as such has no rules or precedents.
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 512x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 512x715px
>>27589582
>>
>>27589753
Think this with crawdaunt will make a good deck?
>>
>>27589699

You're right in that there isn't any official word on how unlimited works, but the community tends to go by what I've said in that the latest print is the one to go by.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reprinted_card

Each of the old versions were playable when the new one was printed, I believe.
>>
>>27589793
No.
>>
>>27589828
Damn, really wanted to make an energy removal deck
>>
>>27589869
For good reason, energy removal decks don't exist.
>>
>>27589793

It's better with Milotic.
>>
>>27589891
They do, they're just gimmick decks.
Also, energy removal is pointless when you can just knock things out just as easily.
>>
File: steelix.jpg (112KB, 840x707px) Image search: [Google]
steelix.jpg
112KB, 840x707px
Some more variety in pulls would be nice. I still haven't gotten any Volcanion-EX.
>>
>>27591304
Is it up for trade?
>>
>>27591377
I'm willing to trade it for a Volcanion-EX or Magearna-EX.
>>
Well I got a box for 85 dollars. It had 2 EXs and a FA Magearna, plus three breaks. Wow, what a waste.
>>
>>27591966
What could you have possibly hoped to pull to justify dropping $85 on Steam Siege?
>>
Just got TCGO working on FUCKING LINUX. Would it be better to just grind shit out through trainer challenges or input the shit ton of codes I have and go balls deep?
>>
>>27592144
If you want to be as efficient as possible? Input codes, don't open them, then work the trades. Depending on the packs, you can build a full T1 deck sans Shaymin for under 10 packs.
>>
>>27592171
The thing is I know jack dick about deck building, I guess I should just play more
>>
File: 1461566456585.png (4MB, 1100x6940px)
1461566456585.png
4MB, 1100x6940px
>>27592235
Use resources like Pokebeach or Six Prizes to find decks, then go from there.
Or ask here. The thread is slow enough.
>>
>>27592065
An average box would be worth about that. I got a far below average box but from my math I think it's about 60-70 worth of cards, so I just got unlucky.

My sealed draft was pretty godly though so it balanced out.
>>
>>27592286
>>27591966
Actually I just realized I ended up with 13 reverse holo rares. That's 1/3 of the box. What the fuck kind of freakshow box was this.
>>
>>27592276
I have some good cards but forgot which code goes with them like Jolteon EX, Meowstic EX, Flareon EX, Octillery and Froslass (proably more/better ones, but I've been mostly collecting until now). I don't feel I'm knowledgeable about the game enough yet to ask the right questions.
>>
Is the ladder dead?
>>
what should I buy with my first 500 pokecoin things
>>
>>27592527
Codes don't work like that. The packs you get from a code contain random cards, different from the physical pack.

Do you have a favorite Pokemon? Or a fun-looking card you remember? Pokemon's really reliant on staples, so a core of about 15-20 staples will let you build virtually any deck.
>>
>>27592590
My favorite would be Snorlax, Alakazam or Gengar.
>muh genwun
Yeah, yeah I know
From what I gather, I have 1-2 copies of my heavy hitter, then 3-4 of two setup monsters?
>>
File: 10_219238381.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
10_219238381.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>there will never be a FA female trainer card that shows her bare feet
>>
>Generations boxes net you virtual card sleeves and deck boxes

Are you fucking kidding me? Do this trade with any thing or should I just keep them?
>>
>>27593922
They're pretty worthless.
>>
File: pokebucks.png (145KB, 675x168px) Image search: [Google]
pokebucks.png
145KB, 675x168px
>>27593999
So these are my gold standard? I assume the locked ones at the far left I cannot trade
>>
>>27594082
>far left

explains a lot
>>
>>27594082
Other than Generations, those packs are on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of value. Not that they're worthless.

>I assume the locked ones at the far left I cannot trade
Yes. Feel free to open them.
>>
>>27594100
Meant right, i'm slightly retarded and on top of that slightly drunk
>>
>beat opponents darkrai/giratina deck with my janky piece of shit
>they have the option for opponents to view their deck turned off

always feels good to beat mega try hards
>>
File: 107276_200w.jpg (30KB, 200x278px)
107276_200w.jpg
30KB, 200x278px
So exactly how many card packs would this be worth online?

Would anybody willing to trade 2 delphox BREAKs for this?
>>
>>27594265
1-2 RS tops.

Are you asking for Delphox Break, or offering them?
>>
>>27594317
asking, I'm sure given the worth of this card nobody would go for the trade however
>>
>>27594106
So I should use Generations for tradebux and bust open the rest?
>>
>>27594357
Never open packs unless you're into masochism.
>>
>>27594395
Are the RNG gods that cruel? I've had some pretty decent physical pulls
>>
>>27594670
More that cards are stupidly cheap. If your goal is to build a deck, just trading the packs will net you more value than anything you'd realistically pull, and in more quantity.
>>
so should i only open packs i got with coins? is there any reason why i wouldnt want to do that either?
>>
>>27594736
You should get Roaring Skies boosters with the coins to get Shaymin EX.

Otherwise you will need to pay 20 Roaring Skies boosters for each Shaymin EX if you want to trade for them and any decent deck will run at least 2 of those.
>>
Are the daily/versus rewards broken for anyone else? They just don't show up for me anymore no matter how many times I try relaunching the game.
>>
>>27594868
Its working for me.
I just claimed the 600 coins reward.
>>
>>27594082
>logout to eat dinner
>now have 2 fates collide packs

what the fuck
>>
What's the best theme deck overall?
>>
How easy is it to trade for a pack of latest set with a pack of the second latest? I got some extra shit in a trade and I can get a Fates Collide pack for it, but it looks like everyone's using Steam Siege for currency now.

On that topic, when a new set comes out, what will I do with the Steam Siege packs I have?
>>
>infinite lag while I'm getting my ass whooped

10/10 game
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.