[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three favorite and least favorite types? Favorite: >water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 563654656.png (40KB, 1000x860px) Image search: [Google]
563654656.png
40KB, 1000x860px
Three favorite and least favorite types?

Favorite:
>water
I simply love its variety.
>fairy
Cute mons, kick ass competitively.
>bug
Bugs are love, variety and cool designs.

Least favorite:
>fighting
I dislike the typical fighting mon design.
>flying
It looks like a non-type, especially since a lot of pokemon that fly are not considered a flying type. It should have been the bird type.
>ghost
Not a bad type per se, I just don't like most pokemon of that type.
>>
Favorite:
>fire, electric, rock
Least favorite:
>bug, fighting, dark
>>
>>27567547
>Favorite
Ghost, Dark, and Fighting.
>Least Favorite
Poison, Grass, and Electric

Those are based mostly on how many pokémon from those types that I like.
>>
>>27567547
faves>
Ground - I wouldn't have thought so but so many of my faves are.
Ghost - pretty high standard of designs across the board.
Grass - so many good and different styles to this

least faves>
fighting, flying - pretty much same reasons as OP
water - being the most common type means it got so many shitty designs in
ice - ice needs to be fixed somehow.
>>
>>27567547

Favorites: Bug, Grass, Fighting
Least Favorite: Electric, Fairy, Flying
>>
>>27567547
Favourite
>Water
It's one of the more varied types, and can be applied to many things. You have things like Floatzel, and then you have Relicanth. Water is also a big part of my own life.
>Ground
Same as above, Ground types also feel very powerful. You have a lot of awesome Pokémon in this type, from Nidoking to Swampert, from Flygon to Garchomp(Yes, I like both.)
Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygsxQUAubGw
>Bug
Same as ground with having a lot of great mons like Heracross and Volcarona. The only bug Pokémon I simply don't care for is Burmy.
Seeing the new bug types is always fun, Vikavolt is easily my favourite Alolamon.

Least favourite
>Fighting
I just don't care for many of them. There's a few fighting mons I really like, but it's boring to me.
>Ghost
See above.
>Fairy
See above. SM seems to be fixing that though.
>>
>>27567547
Favourite:

>Flying
Its such a vast typing with so many possibilities, I just love the idealization of flying as a whole, so these pokemon are amazing to me

>Dark
I don't particularly like the typing too much, but it has 70% of my absolute favourite pokemon: scrafty, weavile, houndoom, mandibuzz, sableye, zoroark, luchalitten, etc. So many bromons in that typing not to choose it

>Grass
What can I say? I love the underdog.

Least favourite:
>water
Its just bland boring, and there's way too many normal pokemon (I know about the 75% water thing, I don't care)

>Steel
Nothing against the type, but not only do I just like scizor out of all steel types, but the typing itself is one of the most boring things I've seen, at least water has some interesting stuff behind it.

>Poison
I have a history with this typing, TL;DR: disapointment and annoyance.
>>
>>27567547

>Favorite
Grass, Dark, Fire

>Least Favorite
Water, Flying, Normal
>>
Favorites
>grass
>bug
>fighting

Least Favorites
>dragon
>ice
>psychic
>>
File: 1468342811314.jpg (178KB, 1080x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1468342811314.jpg
178KB, 1080x1180px
>>27567547
Favorite:
Fairy, Ghost, Bug

Least:
Fighting, Ground, Rock
>>
>>27567547
Favorite
>Ghost
>Fairy
>Psychic

Least Favorite
>Electric
>Ground
>Dragon
>>
Favorite:
>Ground
Wide variety, good typing for fighting
>Poison
Underrated defensive juggernauts, a good poison/tank is dope on a rope
>Electric
Fast attack mons, especially like the ones with good move variety

Least Favorite:
>Bug
>Grass
Almost none of them are even worth remembering the names of
>Rock
Hilarious how Ground is so diverse, yet all Rock-mons are basically the same damn thing

On the Fence:
>Dragon
>Fire
>Ghost
Sometimes the most fun mons to use, usually edgelord bulshit
>>
>Favourite
Steel- My favourite overall type. My favourite Pokemon (Excadrill, Steelix, Empoleon, Aggron, Metagross, Magnezone) fall into this.

Poison- The Nido line are among my favourite Pokémon. Crobat, Toxicroak, Muk, Weezing, Venusaur, Gengar, Scolipede. I think they're great!

Water- I love them all. Great type. Gyarados, Quagsire, Greninja, Kingler, Slowbro, Walrein.

I think bug is absolutely fantastic, too.

>Least favourite.

I don't really have any explicit dislike for any typing, I think they all have their merits. Some of my favourite Pokémon fall into the flying type but flying type would probably be my least favourite overall?

It's the same with Ice, some awesome Pokémon but find myself rarely using them.
>>
File: 1470248993946.jpg (22KB, 312x290px)
1470248993946.jpg
22KB, 312x290px
Favorite:
Ground - A lot of my favourties just happen to be ground type and I like the type itself, very useful and offensive.

Ghost: Great typing, like the paranormal vibe of it and haven't seen one which wasn't displeasing.

Bug: Bit of an underdog type with some promise and despite some being early game shit, you can find some really solid ones to hold their own til the end. Pinsir was my main man in Gold.

Least favourite:
Electric: I don't hate the type at all, but a lot of the mons I feel aren't all that, some gems here and there but I dislike more than I like.

Grass: Shit typing offensively and defensively, boring designs of "uguu flowers" until gen 3 where they made them a bit more interesting, but they still do nothing for me.

Rock: Just not many appealing rock types, really boggles me because its a great offensive typing but is also a shitty defensive typing.

Despite my dislike for Rock and Grass, Cradily is in my top 5 mons
>>
fave:
>water
>fire
>electric
fuck grass, those 3 + flying are always my core

least fave:
>poison
>fairy
>steel
>>
File: 3355.png (1MB, 1773x1800px) Image search: [Google]
3355.png
1MB, 1773x1800px
>>27567547
>Favourite
Bug, Ghost, Grass

No real reason, just that a lot of my favourite pokemon fall under those umbrellas.

>Least favourite
Fire, Dark, Ice

Conversely very few of my favourites are of these types. On top of that, meta reasons: my teams for whatever reason often end up with big fire weaknesses, and I'm just kind of sick of knock off being everywhere.

There's good and bad pokemon of every type though.
>>
>>27568203
Overall, for me it would be

1. Ghost
2. Fairy
3. Psychic
4. Bug
5. Water
6. Dark
7. Grass
8. Steel
9. Fighting
10. Poison
11. Ice
12. Normal
13. Rock
14. Fire
15. Flying
16. Dragon
17. Ground
18. Electric
>>
>>27568299
shit, swap steel for normal, I always forget it exists, that's how irrelevant it is
>>
Favs: Fire, Grass, Psychic

Least Favs: Bug, Steel, Rock
>>
>>27568299
>likes the most boring types
>"fuck grass"
>bottom three include Poison and Steel
How does it feel to have such terrible taste?
>>
>>27567547
Favorite
>Steel
Being a top type defensively isn't the only reason. Steel's got designs for everyone. Weird shit? Steel's got it. Kaijus? Steel's got them. Cuties? Steel's got them. Furbait that shouldn't have been Steel in the first place? Steel's got it I'm afraid. That and all the cool flat out mechanical stuff like Metagross and Magnezone. The type has special attackers, physical attackers, tanks, gimmicks etc. All sorts of things you can do with them.

Least Favorite
>Dark
Now don't worry I'm not saying you have to cover it in sugar to not be edgy, I don't hate Dark. Dark has some cool designs and unique pragmatic moves like Pursuit and Sucker Punch fitting of the type. It's just that when I tend to like Dark-types I like them more for their non-Dark aspects.

All types are fine by me, you can't really call a type shit when they all have something to offer really.
>>
>>27568341
Why are grasscucks so easy to trigger
>>
>>27567547
Water
Ghost
Dragon

Grass
Rock
Normal
>>
File: 1384032883289.jpg (574KB, 1100x790px) Image search: [Google]
1384032883289.jpg
574KB, 1100x790px
Grass is the best type, deal with it nerds.
>>
Favorite
>grass
always had the last starter pick, learned to love the underdog
>poison
fuck fairies plus cool punk gym
>fighting
like most of the designs, favorite mon is toxicroak

least favorite
>fire
why do kids always pick fire? not only for starters but for like everything its a choice in
>bug
I want to love you but you're so bad
>flying
all my favorites always seem to be weak to you
>>
File: 1468225262917.png (402KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468225262917.png
402KB, 640x480px
>>27567547

No more pussy footing, time to crunch the numbers. Vote for your favorites.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10922569
>>
>>27568341
when I said fuck grass I meant I prefer electric in my core rather than grass, I don't dislike it, my favorite pokemon (Torterra) is part grass

Poison has some great mons (Toxicroak, Nidoking) but I don't really care about the type itself or its moves
>>
>>27568351
You haven't answered the question.
>>
File: yess.jpg (234KB, 1000x1230px)
yess.jpg
234KB, 1000x1230px
Top 3 Favs
Poison
Flying
Grass
Least Fav
Ice
Psychic
Fire
>>
Favorite:
>Steel
Great resistances and immunity that are always put on overall great bulky Pokemon. Combine it with every other type and the effectiveness of attacks done on that Steel/whatever-type Pokemon always drastically changes. Scizor is an excellent example of this.

>Water
Tons of versatility and the Pokemon of that type always have a wide movepool to take advantage off. Also has neat typing combos, such as Water/Ground.

>Fairy
Pretty neat movepool and its coverage chart feels pretty balanced and actually thought out. Also made a lot of older Pokemon viable and fun to use, which is neat.

Least favourite:
>Psychic
Not bad per se, but it feels like that most Psychic Pokemon have a way too restrictive movepool and stats. If I use Psychic type Pokemon, they always come with a secondary typing, because they usual have a much more flexible movepool.

>Bug
Really awful weaknesses and Pokemon with that type are in generally really awful, bar a few exceptions. Pretty weak movepool too, and if there good moves in them, they're put on absolute trashmons.

>Ice
You know there's a problem if Ice Beam is better on non-Ice Pokemon.
>>
>>27567547
Favourite:
Steel, Ghost, Dragon
Least Favourite:
Nothing really
>>
File: sylveon.jpg (36KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
sylveon.jpg
36KB, 736x736px
Favorite
Electric: I love the designs for a lot of electric types (Raichu, Shinx, Mareep, Jolteon etc), as well as moves and abilities. Also like the speed that they have.
Grass: Again, I like the designs for a lot of grass types. (Shaymin, Sceptile, Bulbasaur, Breloom, Cacturne, Liligant, Gogoat) I use grass types in a lot of my play throughs as well. Status and healing moves are things I like using too, which grass types learn a lot of.
and desu I'd smash every grass type gym leader there is, aside from the gen 6 guy
Fairy: Bulky Pokemon are my favorite to use, and I love cute things and pastel colors. ( Sylveon, Slurpuff, Clefable, M. Audino, Whimsicott, Togekiss) My only problem with fairy types is that they seem to be a little op.

Least Favorite:
Flying: Flying types just seem kinda boring to me. The main reason I would use them is just for fly. That being said, I do love Braviary and Honchkrow.
Dragon: Dragons generally seem over-glorified to me. I like a lot of dragon Pokemon but they seem boring to use, since it takes forever for them to level up.
Fighting: Fighting types are fine but I guess I don't like half the designs for them. I do like fighting type moves though, along with the elemental punches.
>>
>>27568518
Autism incarnate.
>>
>>27568765
>explaining your choices is now autism
Here's your (you)
>>
Favorite:

>Fire
>Bug
>Ghost

Least Favorite:
>Fairy
>Dragon
>Ground
>>
Just personal preference, has nothing to do with how good or bad the typing is in the game

My favorite types are fairy and ghost. It's probably not surprising that I immediately fell in love with Mimikyu.

Least favorite are ground and rock. Nothing wrong with them, they're just kind of boring on their own to me.
>>
Faves:
>Electric, Fairy, and Water.

Least:
>Rock, Ice, and Steel.
>>
>>27567547
Favorite:
Ghost, Steel, Fairy
Least favorite:
Normal, bug, dragon.
>>
>>27567778
>Favorite
Water because I love the ocean and anything aquatic. Milotic will always be my favorite.
Dragon. Edgy kid type, but I love Dragalge, Dragonair, Dragonite, Zweilous, and others so much.
Grass because I love green Pokemon like Meganium, Leafeon, and Celebi a lot. Politoed fits in the green category too, but it brings me back to water type.

>Least Fave
Fighting. I hate the nasty, ugly, cystic designs of fighting Pokemon like the Timburr line, Tyrogue line. Lucario can fuck off.
Steel. OP and I really don't like many steel Pokemon designs. Really boring.
No third hated; I like all the other types pretty well, but I guess Poison. Not many Poison types I like, but it's not a bad type.
>>
>>27567547
Fairy
>love how cutesy mons are categorized with the most grotesque looking ones of them all
Steel
>love the industrial and "sharpness" of the designs
Normal
>no explanation really needed, solid designs overall
>>
>>27567547
Favorites
-Poison
-Fairy
-Ice

Least favorites
-Dragon
-Steel
-Ground
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1331x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1331x599px
>>27567547
Least Favorite:
>Normal
Normal was a mistake. Bland and boring. The only Normals I've ever used are the ones paired with Flying as Fly slaves.
>Dark
Not my cup of tea. There are no Dark mons I actually like the design of. Not even "muh edge", just don't like evil things so much.
>Flying
It's like it's not a real type, but just there to let you know the Pokemon can fly. It's always a secondary type except in 2 circumstances. If it was the "Air" type and not a type to let you know something can fly, they could have done some cool designs. Like monsters made of air or storms.

Favorite:
>Ice
Ice is one of my favorites for aesthetic reasons. I mostly use Ice moves and not Ice mons, but A-Ninetales and A-Sandslash will change that.
>Grass
I've always chosen the Grass starters and I like how they interact with the weather. And they inflict a ton of status effects and have healing moves.
>Bug
Bugs are just cool. Always fun to use. A lot of my favorites are Bugs. The stereotype that bugs are bad is still rampant among normies, so I like using them to prove a point.

Pic unrelated
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.