[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, it's okay. Mega Evolution isn't goin' anywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: Screenshot_734.png (827KB, 1352x613px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_734.png
827KB, 1352x613px
Guys, it's okay. Mega Evolution isn't goin' anywhere.

Megas you'd like to see thread as well.
>>
>>27566320
I wish it would, I hate that shit.
>>
>>27566320
>Machamp
>Ledian
>Dusknoir
>Johto starters
>Solrock & Lunatone
>Magcargo
>four Deoxys megas
>>
>>27566337
Any reason why?
Just too overpowered?
>>
Farfetch´d needs a mega that is absolutely broken
>>
>>27566320
why do people keep posting this? theres a part right in the middle blocking anything going into there, and it could just be a decal, not an indent.

and no the circle in the middle can't flip up, its not connected to anything
>>
I want mega Kalos starters, I'm hoping a mega can fix their designs.
>>
>>27566426
>thinking he can see all this detail in a pixelated image
denialfags are so delusional
>>
>>27566380
Not him, but yes.
They've kind of ruined the single battle format by introducing a huge power imbalance.
Take X/Y for example, hang the reason that game was so easy is because you were given MEGA LUCARIO so early on, who is more powerful than most legendary pokemon, without all the hangups of using a legendary pokemon.

As a concept, I think mega evolution is fine. But they did it in a way that just imbalanced the game even more than it already is.
Because of mega evolutions, single battle format is completely dead to me.
>>
>>27566380
Not him, but
They're fuckin ugly
>>
>>27566320
since this generation the focus will be on alolan forms, megas would be a bit redundant. I think they should just close that chapter by making megas for all the starters that didn't get them, and maybe for the remaining pseudos too (dragoonite, hydreigon, goodra)
>>
>>27566320
that's the Z bracelet anon
>>
>>27566320
Wouldn't mind a Mega Eelektross that goes full physical RIP AND TEAR, but only if they add a proper physical Electric-type move that isn't limited to Pikachu. Otherwise, a Porygonite stone would be cool - Porygon becomes a bulky physical attacker with Protean (What? Normal was physical in Gen 1), Porygon2 becomes fully defensive with Magic Bounce, and Porygon-Z becomes even more of a special sweeper with Optimize (a combination of Scrappy, Tinted Lens, Normalize, and Adaptability).
>>
I Hope it gets faded out

>>27566337
Me too.

Honestly it was interesting at most but forms would've been a much better option.
>>
what they'll most likely do is post-game you can have ur Z-Ring modified to hold a key stone, and then you can search for mega stones (maybe with about 5 new ones). That way it at least adds to the post game content a little bit without removing any real features
>>
File: image.png (375KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
375KB, 1000x1000px
>>27566489
Glad I can disregard your opinion.
>>
File: 1356374486915.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
>>27566320
>Mega Evolution isn't goin' anywhere
>>
>>27566468
Do you think Z Moves will do the same thing?

>>27566516
>Being this blind
The vid I was watching showed an arrow pointing to it do you want me to cap that for you?
>>
Mega Raichu
>>
>>27566604
I wish we could always have one mon in our party permanently mega'd. Some mons, Banette, Mawile and Beedrill being prime examples, just look so much better in their mega forms in my opinion, so I'd like to have them in Amie and such as well.
>>
>>27566674
M-mawile and M-Banette should have been regular evos
>>
>>27566468
>They've kind of ruined the single battle format by introducing a huge power imbalance.
I hope you aren't trying to say that every mega is as broken as Mega Ray. That said the game hasn't been designed around singles since generation 2.

This is just showing how woefully ignorant you are of competitive.
>>
>>27566674
>I wish we could always have one mon in our party permanently mega'd.
Which would break the game because the mega has access to an item.
>>
>>27566701
Yeah, that would have been great too.
>>
It's not a recess. Checkmate.
>>
>>27566784
No, I mean it would still need to hold the mega stone. It'll just stay in mega forme until you undo it or box it.
>>
>>27566706
I'm an avid VGC player and it's no different in Doubles though.

M-Kangaskhan, M-Salamence are everywhere.

You're woefully ignorant of competitive if you don't think Mega's are causing a power imbalance.
>>
>>27566380
They're not a good substitute for new pokemon. Want to make a shitmon like Tangela less irrelevant? Give it a traditional evolution.
Want to make a shitmon like Mawile less irrelevant? Give it a hold item which GF can choose to (and likely has chosen to) completely ignore until the post game arrives, rendering it pointless unless you battle online. Hell, you might not even be able to find it in the post game.

I wish they didn't choose to do a gigantic lump of cross generation evolutions in Gen IV and piss people off, now they're likely never going to do it again.
>>
>>27566909
So you admit you'll never be satisfied. Thank you.
>>
>>27566938
I'll likely "never be satisfied" with Mega evolutions because its core concept is bad. But I do like Alola forms and think they're a step in the right direction. Stop defending every single decision GF make.
>>
>>27566468
If you think megas broke single battles competitively then you're shit
>>
Joe said they're coming back and I believe him.
>>
>>27567038
I think he's right on that front but I don't like how he's so sure of those leaks but won't prove it.
And now if he's willing to prop up leaks why isn't he talking about the NX rumor?
>>
File: Poké_Ball.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Ball.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
Reminder that if you actually pay attention to the shading of the crystal slots, you'd know the "key stone slot" is just a flat surface.

It's a poke ball outline.
>>
>>27567019
That isn't what I meant. You don't like Megas, you don't like new evos. I don't think you KNOW what you want.
>>
>>27567019
I'd be entirely fine with mega's being changed into normal evolutions or alternate formes with some stat nerfs. I really like a lot of the mega designs, so I wouldn't want them to be taken out completely.
>>
>>27567019
So recoloring old pokemon and calling them something new is the right direction?
>inb4 b-but exeggutor is not a recolor
It's literaly the same thing with a long neck. It's mega ampharos levels of lazy design.
>>
Sun And Moon Charizard :^)
>>
>>27566468
There is a huge reason why singles aren't official format. Everything will always be unbalanced on singles
>>
>>27566891
If it wasn't those two, if it wasn't megas, it would be something else. Don't act like removing those two would suddenly open a whole new world. Competitive anything is that way, and it's never been significantly better in Pokemon.
>>
>>27567324
Where did he say he didn't like evos?
>>
>>27567310
it's still an extra slot
>>
>>27566320
Unova starters
Johto starters
Victini
Emolga
Ledian
Porygon 2 and z
Dragalge
>>
File: megas.png (1MB, 1123x1506px) Image search: [Google]
megas.png
1MB, 1123x1506px
Posting this template for all of you to fill out if you'd like.
>>
File: megas_finished.png (2MB, 1123x1506px) Image search: [Google]
megas_finished.png
2MB, 1123x1506px
>>27568432
Here's mine. R8, H8, do as you'd like, I suggest you mention your favourite too. Mine is quite obvious.
>>
>>27568453
>Mega Slowbro
>Good
into the trash it goes
>>
File: 1469353774623.jpg (52KB, 326x305px) Image search: [Google]
1469353774623.jpg
52KB, 326x305px
>>27568477
>M-Slowbro
>Not good
I bet the rest of your taste is awfull too, I'd love to see it.
>>
>>27566320
There won't be new megas.
>>
I see Kalos Starters being next, followed by Sinnoh Starters because Diamond and Pearl. Then Alola and Unova in Gen 8, THEN Johto in Gen 9 because by then it'd just be repeating the Mega Pokemon thing.

As for other Pokemon,
Nidoqueen and Nidoking, with a whole bunch of regal golden plating and whatnot, all loaded up in regalia like true royalty.
>>
>>27568453

I agree with most of that, but I couldn't disagree more on your view that Mew should get a Mega.

Mew is one of the few Gen 1 Pokemon that hasnt been bastardised with some gimmick. Mew is a pure, simple and sacred Pokemon that doesn't need some stupid power-up to suddenly justify it's existence. Along with Arceus, Mew is the original one. One form, one purpose.
>>
>>27566383
Watch it get an Alola form.
>>
>>27568607
You're right, I just want a mew that can play offensively. Something like a mega mew with 130 offenses and 140 speed. It's just that I don't like ussing mew for stall, it feels like all that enormous movepool is being neglected.
>>
>>27566320
People actually think Mega evolution would just be scrapped in SuMo?

Wanting them gone
Understandable
Thinking they were not going to make new Mega evolutions
Forgivable
Thinking Mega evolution and the Mega forms of Pokemon will just be taken out
I have no words
>>
>>27568729
Night and Day cycles were gone an entire generation.
>>
Why would they keep them a secret this long, though? They are not a secret, we already know about them. There were all over the OR/AS development. Postgame? They don't even need to show us postgame to show megas. WHY!?
>>
File: MegaOpinions.jpg (443KB, 1123x1506px) Image search: [Google]
MegaOpinions.jpg
443KB, 1123x1506px
>>27568453
Pretty good taste. Here's mine.
>>
>>27568863
So the focus of the public remains on Z-moves and variants
>>
>>27568923
Even the original Mega reveal still had new pokemon and other features.
>>
>>27568862
Yeah, back in 2002 with RSE when they first transferred the core series to the GBA and weren't that big of a deal. There is no reason that after 20 years they can't bring a heavily marketed feature to the next games. It would be like if they removed abilities for no reason.
>>
>>27568892
Why do you hate houndoom and mewtwo X? aside from that top tier taste.
>>
File: megaaaaaas.png (1MB, 1106x1310px) Image search: [Google]
megaaaaaas.png
1MB, 1106x1310px
>>27568432
i don't really HATE any of the megas design-wise except for the latis. i'm pretty much neutral to a lot of them.
lucario is a shitmon for me either way so the mega doesn't do anything to change my opinion of it being shit
>>
File: whoops.png (64KB, 296x192px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
64KB, 296x192px
>>27569251
somehow accidentally cropped out the last two without realizing it. my bad.
>>
>>27569156
Guess I don't hate them exactly, should probably have gone with meh. But Houndoom has a bit to much stuff on it for my taste and I just don't like Mewtwo X. Not entirely sure why.
>>
>>27568729
contests come and go every other game
>>
>>27569366
Oh yeah the contest feature they hyped up SO much and came out with so many new designs for. Stop being autistic
>>
A fucking arcanine
>>
File: maybleye.png (245KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
maybleye.png
245KB, 500x562px
>>27569359
Well, I guess that's alright, we can all have different tastes. At least you like the true best mega.

>>27569366
Megas aren't a contest, they're a battle mechanic, and those aren't taken away.
>>
>>27566891
and if it wasnt those dudes, it would be dudes. VCG is official tournies, people don't like taking risks in those situations.
>>
I like megas, I believe they bring a good concept to the table by centralizing a team around one powerfull ace, and that allows for interesting builds and a more fun experience overall. That's the concept, however in execution, megas have shown to sometimes break the game or be underpowered notably. That's how I feel anyways, I still want megas to saty, we just need GF to realize how really powerfull they can be, and maybe we could end up with fun stuff. I really want most shitmons to get megas that can make them viable to top tier threats
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.