[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought it would be fun if we had recurring threads where we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

I thought it would be fun if we had recurring threads where we built a team together for a certain format. OP would start with one Pokémon and we'd pick team members to help support it.

How about it? We can learn different formats we're not familiar with as well as learn to teambuild.

Let's start with Mega Charizard Y. The format will be OU.

Mega Charizard Y isn't very diverse but it doesn't need to be. Drought-boosted Fire Blast nukes everything that isn't immune to it. Common coverage options include Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Solar Beam, and Focus Blast, though it's not likely you'll be clicking anything other than Fire STAB. Roost is useful, but not a necessity.

The weakness to Stealth Rock is suffering, so hazard control is a must.

The most common partner for Mega Charizard Y is Tyranitar, as Tyranitar can reset Sun turns with Sand Stream, can Pursuit trap troubling Lati twins that Mega Charizard Y cannot outspeed and OHKO. Tyranitar also deals with Talonflame and can put Chansey in 2HKO range of Fire Blast with Choice Banded Pursuit, greatly assisting Mega Charizard Y.

So how about it? Let's build a team around Mega Charizard Y!
>>
>>27564422
Slowbro
>>
>>27564422
I'm running a team with Defog/Roar Empoleon and Chary right now. So I'd like to suggest Empoleon as support.
>>
Chlorophyll+Growth mixed sweeper like Venusaur or Victreebel
>>
>>27564445
DAMN YOU! The first post in the thread is the same answer I was going to give.
Slowbro, OP. It refuses to die and doesn't even need its mega stone to be a contender.

SLOWBRO
>>
>>27564445
Slowbro is nice as it can deal with Mega Lopunny and Scarf Landorus-T, two Pokémon neither Zard nor Tyranitar if we choose to run it can deal with. If Slowbro is our choice we'd have to make sure to run something that can take on Dragon-types and Electric-type attacks.

>>27564463
Empoleon helps with Defogging away Rocks, but with Scald being weakened by Sun as well as sharing weaknesses with Ground and Electric, I'm iffy on its inclusion. We are just starting out though, and we don't necessarily have to build exclusively around Zard Y, just make a team that works well together. What synergies does Empoleon have with the rest of your team?

>>27564507
Victreebel doesn't have much over Venusaur aside from Weather Ball, right? Venusaur is tankier and will probably be able to set up easier, so if we choose to include one I'd say Venusaur. Grass/Poison/HP Fire is good coverage, as it can hit most things neutrally save for Heatran. As it's a Zard Y team running something for Talonflame and Heatran is crucial.

>>27564599
Slowbro seems to be popular, so I think that should be good. Ideas for a set? Slowbro can run all sorts of fun sets.
>>
OP here, we should probably decide on a Zard Y set.

The standard Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Solarbeam / Roost can't go wrong, but we can adjust for the team.
>>
>>27564675
I tried to bring back a Ferrothorn/Heatran/Empoleon core that I used for a while in gen V. It hasn't been working great right now. Gliscor pairs well with Chary and Empoleon though, as far as I can tell. That's what I'm running on my team to help fill in some gaps right now. Gliscor should pair nicely with Slowbro too if that's what we've decided.
>>
Quick bump. On mobile so I can't actually access Showdown for quick and easy importing.

Since Slowbro is popular we could discuss what set we want to run. Rocky Helmet or Leftovers are both viable because Regenerator and Slack Off can help heal over time. We could run Thunder Wave for facing offensive teams. Scald / Psyshock / Thunder Wave / Slack Off sound good? We could replace Psyshock with Ice Beam or even fun stuff like Yawn, Future Sight.
>>
>>27564840
I like gliscor. Empoleon covers all of charizards weaknesses sans electric and vice versa. Empoleon also brings defog, pseudo-hazing, and ice coverage to the table. Gliscor gives much need electric immunity and can serve as a physical wall to assist empoleons special walling.

Now a physical offense would be a good choice. I'd reccomend either medicham or lopunny to deal woth ttar/kanga
>>
>>27565729
We're running Chary though, so neither Medicham nor Lopunny are options to us. Also Kangaskhan is banned.
>>
Things Charizard Y doesn't like:

-Stealth Rocks
-Prankster T-Wave
-Non-sun weather
-Chansey
-Lati@s
-Mega Altaria
-Cresselia
-Talonflame
-Gyarados
-Keldeo
-Terrakion

Some options that immediately spring to mind are Bisharp, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Excadrill, Clefable, AV Metagross, Rotom-W
>>
>>27566076
Char Y doesn't like Thundurus in general, the only Prankster T-wave user in the tier. Neither does Slowbro so we definitely need to address the Electric weakness. Any ideas?
>>
>>27567714
Specs Weedle.
>>
>>27565768
Derp. I'm a dumbass.

I guess a scizor would be a pretty good option then. Deals with fairies, psychics and chansey which all tank zard.
>>
>>27568166
There aren't any fairies that can tank a Fire Blast bar Azu and that can't even KO with Aqua Jet due to sun.
>>
I've been thinking Life Orb Latias could greatly benefit this team. Latias can run Defog, Healing Wish just in case, and gives us a Rotom-W switch-in that we didn't have before.

The problem is that it makes us even weaker to Tyranitar.
>>
By the way, the team so far is

-Mega Charizard Y
-Slowbro

Nothing else has been decided.
>>
>>27564422
If doubles, then chlorophyll Venusaur.
>>
>>27569266
I should have clarified that it's Singles OU. I thought if this was gonna be a new thing, it would make sense to start with the format the most people are familiar with. We can do VGC or Doubles OU in the next thread, if this one turns out to be a success. Which I hope it is.

I don't think that there's going to be a miracle Pokémon that can patch up every hope we have at once at the moment, obviously. I think it would be best to just pick a third teammate that can help Zard Y and Slowbro muscle through whatever is needed.
>>
>>27569400
Okay, if singles maybe not, but in doubles you'd be a fool not to use venusaur with zard Y
>>
>>27569400
Excadrill for both spinning and kicking Tyranitar ass. It's really good in the current meta.
>>
>>27567714
Hippo maybe? It's physically bulky, and can eat TWaves like a cow eats grass.
>>
>>27564422
>The format will be OU.
>caring about tiers
Boooooooring. There are more than just 57 Pokémon out there, you know.
>>
>>27570301
Yes. There are the however many in OU and all the ones below it, assuming they're decent. Here's your (You)
>>
>>27570301
I wanted to pick the tier everyone was most familiar with. There's no reason to disrespect a format just because you don't play it - if all you played was UU you'd think it was "booooring" as well.

We're not limited to just OU mons, either.

>>27569589
A good choice. Scarf Mold Breaker sound good? Or Sand Rush with Sand support?
>>
I've been wanting to build a Y Zard team for a while now. Gonna keep an eye on this thread
>>
File: Notworthit.jpg (19KB, 539x177px) Image search: [Google]
Notworthit.jpg
19KB, 539x177px
>>27571100

same, kinda just came back into competitive again and im running/tweaking a Zard Y team myself.

kinda fun. still, lurking/watching/can take a wuestion I suppose.
>>
Aegislash is great with zard Y too
>>
>>27571788
Aegislash isn't available in OU. Otherwise, I agree.
>>
File: Sunny Day Team.png (553KB, 768x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sunny Day Team.png
553KB, 768x1023px
Venasaur and Char-Y have great sinergy together, not only type wise but their abilities. Venasaur fucks altaria pretty hard
TTar + Excadrill(sand rush) have great sinergy together. TTar removes the eons, cress,Talonflame while Exca removes rocks and electric types.
Garchomp(bulky) resists rocks, electrict and it can beat Terrakion although slowbro deals with him too. Chomp can deal with Gyara IF it is not carrying Ice Fang
>>
I which megas will still be viable in SM
>>
>>27574478
Is this VGC? Terrakion isn't too common anymore.
>>
>>27570301
That's why tiers exist. Better have 20 usable pokémon on each tier than 10 on total.
>>
File: Zard wall.png (891KB, 975x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Zard wall.png
891KB, 975x1300px
>>27575679
For OU, I am just listing the things that would easily kill Zard-Y also
>Using Charizard on VGC aka Mom and the Weather Legends feat Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.