[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck alolan forms, fuck island guardians. I don';t care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 240px-Blaziken_Mega_Evolution.png (89KB, 240x217px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Blaziken_Mega_Evolution.png
89KB, 240x217px
Fuck alolan forms, fuck island guardians. I don';t care right now. All I want to know is Z Moves going to replace Mega Evolutions entirely, partially or maybe we can have both?

What are the chances for each scenario? And how each scenario can change the online battles?
Discuss.
>>
alolan forms seem more like the replacement for megas
>if a pokemon is shit/popular, the alolan form can make it better
>>
I hope Z moves are like Pokeaime and can't be used in multiplayer. But if they actually require a hold item and you can only use one type at a time, that seems unlikely.
>>
I would be very surprised if they took out megas, so I'm kind of curious as to how they're gonna do them.

Maybe we can just buy fancy looking mega stone holders like Archie and the others? Instead of having them as just a wrist thing since the Z shit is there.
>>
>as of gen 7 we can have a party of a Mega, a Z Move, 2 primals, and a synchro
>>
>>27562135
Its most likely that megas stay. I dont think anything that has impacted gameplay so signifigantly has every just been dropped from the franchise.

Most likely scenario is that Z moves take up a hold item slot.

So most competitive teams will probably have 4 regular pokemon, 1 mega, and 1 Z-user.
>>
there better be new megas
and alolan forms better continue into future generations, if they just restrict them entirely to gen 7 and pokemon transferred from gen 7 that will be stupid as fuck

also fuck z moves
>>
>>27562195
"Alolan" forms wouldn't make any sense at all outside of Alola.

Regional variations would be a good continuation though.

Then again vulpix's reason for being alolan is almost meaningless, and sandshrew's isn't much better.
>>
File: e24.jpg (60KB, 173x356px) Image search: [Google]
e24.jpg
60KB, 173x356px
>mfw rayquaza can mega evolve and hold z stone

how can one pokemon be that based?
>>
Hopefully Mega Evolutions are gone. What a terrible mistake they were.
>>
>>27562253
You're a mistake faggot diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie
>>
>>27562253
>What a terrible mistake they were.
Yeah because making shit Pokemon good is a mistake. Fuck off.
>>
>>27562135
You are absolutely delusional if you think GF or TPC would ever allow Megas to be "cut". They sell a ton of merchandise and a lot of money was invested in their designs. You don't cut something like this and you're utterly retarded for even thinking that they would.
>>
>>27564017
There's better, more streamlined and less cringy ways to do this.
>>
>>27564017
yeah and then
venusaur
charizard
alakazam
gengar
gyarados
mewtwo x2
scizor
heracross
tyranitar
blaziken
garchomp
lucario
slowbro
swampert
salamence
metagross
latias
latios
>>
>>27564045
some of the pokemon you mentioned were indeed shit pre-mega

the others got megas out of popularity
>>
>>27562135
>removing an important mechanic to competitive battling

GF wouldn't dare.
>>
>>27564045
the only pokemon on that list that were uber pre-megas were blaziken and mewtwo, and only a couple more were OU...
>>
I don't think they'll remove megas entirely, but wait till post game to give them to the player. Right now, megas make game really easy, especially when it is given. Z-moves will probably make the game easy as well, but you can use any pokemon you like at least.
>>
>>27562135
I cant believe people actually think they'll get rid of Mega's. Like, fuck, that would actually be legitimately detrimental to do that.

Z-Moves don't interfere with mega's as a mechanic. They function similarly, but act as a choice. Besides, there's a good chance the underside of the bracelet has a slot for the keystone.

As for alolan forms, well it's likely because they cant just answer every need for a buff with "give it a Mega". Mega's are limited on your team, so they saturate quick. Not to mention, Alolan forms dont require a drastic design change like Mega's do.. a simple "-insert element here-ify"ing of them will do just fine. This solves issues like with Flygon where they might run into an art block. Can't think of a way to drastically add to the design? Just shift it to another element, easy.

We might not get MORE Mega's, but there's no fucking way theyre getting rid of them.
>>
I don't have a good scenario for both to exist. The mechanics of Z moves makes it impossible for Megas to be triggered by the same thing because of inconsistency; if Megas are separate, then that's a flipton more collectibles to the point where the ground doesn't exist anymore, or Megas are inherently better than Z moves, so they fucked up.
>>
>>27565086
>flipton

Also, why is having more collectibles an impossibility? They've pretty consistently had a ton of shit to find similar to this.
>>
>>27565024
Flygon can use earthquake and outrage already. An -ate ability wouldn't do much
>>
>>27565126
No, no, you're misunderstanding what I meant. I'm not talking about the ability. I'm talking about when designing Alolan forms, it seems to be that the trend is to take a pokemon and shift what it's type is, and then make a design shift accordingly.

Sandslash is Ice/Steel, so to encompass that, they give it ice quills, hooked claws, and a blue color scheme. A much simpler and more pragmatic change than the dramatic design changes Mega evolutions tend to come with. It also requires much less "inspiration", as the only design direction they need for Alolan forms is "give it a different type".

The idea is then, for Pokemon that the design team have a hard time giving a Mega to for lack of direction, they could just as easily give an Alolan form to. This doesn't mean Alolan forms and Mega's contradict each other's existence in the least, they could just as easily co-exist as normal forms do with them as well.
>>
>>27562253
The rest of the community doesn't really agrees with you, anon.
>>
>>27562135
Why would virtually every new spinoff game including Smash, Pokken, and PMD play up megas only so they can take them out shoortly after?

Megas are staying, though we may not get new ones.
>>
>>27564036
>cringy
Are you fucking 5? Nobody gives a fuck about what imaginary face you pull in your head when you look at something your brain isn't programmed to like, or rather influenced by 4chan.

Megas aren't leaving. I don't know why people think this. They are established Pokemon in the franchise and have made their debut in the anime as well. They aren't leaving. They will never be going. And it's obvious the Z-bracelet has another slot for Megas, they could just shoehorn it in. Fuck off, you never liked Pokemon.
>>
>>27565086
Just like Megas and Primals van not coexist, right?
They're not incompatible in any way, since they both require a held item, and apparently Z moves are even more restricted because they're one use only.

I'm sure they've thought this through so it'll be all compatible.
>>
>>27568250
And how is something that can only be used once fair against something that can be used for the whole battle?
>>
>>27562156
I think they'll simplify them. Just making a one-stone-fits-all item.

Here's hoping a we a bunch more this gen, and maybe some actual evolutions, G4 style.
>>
>>27562253
>Hopefully Gen4 evolusions are gone. What a terrible mistake they were.
>>
>>27565024
Imagine if the pure Fighting type Abra line is true. Just imagine if a Fighting type Mega-Alakazam. I mean what kind of fighting style would it be based on?
Stands?
>>
>>27568314
They're both a choice.
There's plenty of people that didn't use Megas in their teams, the same could be said for Z moves.
So far, they're just a big flashy retcon of the elemental gems. Remember those? You could argue it was unfair to have a one time nuke, back in Gen 5 where there was no Megas and there was things like Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics or Fire Gem Overheat.
This is exactly like that, but fancier. Maybe Gems won't be in the game at all, now that I think about it.
>>
>>27568426
Balance is not important for in game, but it is for competitive, and if you didn't use any of those, YOU'RE A DAMN FOOL
>>
>>27564045
>charizard
>not shit
>>
>>27568478
That depends entirely on the ruleset tho... If the last season weren't so retarded to allow Primals AND 680+ BTS pokémon, that's why players had so little choice there.
>>
File: comfy parasect.jpg (27KB, 280x324px) Image search: [Google]
comfy parasect.jpg
27KB, 280x324px
>>27562240
>mfw
this gen is gonna be a fucking shitstorm and its glorious
>>
>>27562144
>implying all alolan forms will make things better
>literally retard:the post
>>
>>27562253
Same
>>
>>27568146
>if you don't like Megas you never liked Pokemon

Wew
>>
>>27562253
as long as they make Mega mawile a normal evolution I'm fine with it
>>
>>27568806
>implying that just because one alolan form might suck, that ruins them entirely
>uses "retard: the post" meme instead of defending fucktarded opinion

Congratulations. You've transcended beyond standard levels of dumbfuckery.
You are meta retarded.
>>
>>27568357
>G4 style.
>the generation people hated
>the generation where the evos were the reason eviolite and Megas were created
Yeah no.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.