[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've not played Pokemon since Platinum and I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: $_35.jpg (31KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
31KB, 300x288px
I've not played Pokemon since Platinum and I'm thinking about getting back into it because of the hype around Sun and Moon. While I'm waiting though should I start with X/Y or ORAS? Which one would be better to jump into?
>>
Depends.

ORAS is the better game, but assuming you already played Gen 3, XY would be a newer experience.
>>
>>27561865
This.
X/Y are good for trainer customization and everything before the 3rd of 4th gym is pretty alright, then it gets lame.
OR/AS is a huge update on R/S/E except a couple of times where you get auto-teleported across the region without consent, but it's way better than X/Y.
>>
>>27561865
>>27561888
I guess I'll go with OR/AS as I enjoyed Hoenn and then go back into X/Y/ after. As I've not played anything with mega evolutions, does OR/AS explain the concept around it? Also are Black and White worth a go?
>>
>>27561939
I can't remember if OR/AS explains mega evolution.
Black and white are what happens when they try to make a more plot heavy game. They also restrict you to using that gens new pokemon until the end game. I'd say it's worth it but that's mainly because black and white are one of my favorite Pokemon games
>>
>>27561939
Play Black and White for the story. Play Black 2 and White 2 for the continuation of BW's story and the best post game.
>>27561939
>does OR/AS explain the concept around it?
It does but ties in with XY. Anything it explains is sort of post-game stuff though.
>>
dunno what these people are saying, but ORAS is probably the worst mainline pokemon game to date
I got absolutely bored with the game halfway through and had to force myself to continue until I saw the credits, more as a punishment for being stupid enough to waste money on this garbage

XY is not amazing, but is factually very entertaining and a good first impression for pokemon in a 3d environment
one might consider it too easy and it's true, but overall it is definitely worth it
>>
>>27562621
ORAS is better than XY
>>
>>27562629
you're entitled to your opinions, anon
but my experience with both games was very obvious to me; XY is good, ORAS is worthless
>>
>>27562647
ORAS is the best remake in the franchise and the best game overall so, y'know.
>>
File: donut bath.jpg (187KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
donut bath.jpg
187KB, 500x504px
>>27562674
>ORAS better than HGSS
anon you need to improve your baiting
>>
I'm the same as you OP and i originally tried both. I'm enjoying XY alot more than ORAS because there are a lot more pokemon especially older ones, and i like dressing my character. Plus it feels more modern. I've heard there's no endgame which I'm sad about.
>>
>>27562686
It is tho. Faster pacing, better quality of life enhancements, no grinding necessary, etc. An easier game makes a happy player.
>>
File: 1459889903856.jpg (396KB, 1204x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1459889903856.jpg
396KB, 1204x1485px
>>27561833
Whats important to you anon?

XY has new pokemon, character customisation and you'll see your in game friends a bit more often. Its weaker storywise, though neither is anything to write home about, and the game in general has less difficulty.

ORAS has some fun features like Dexnav and a slightly higher difficulty curve (though not by much, but definitely a better Elite 4 and champ), more megas to choose from, and a better enemy team.

Neither has a massive post game, each has a short extra storyline which isn't bad but again, nothing special either as well as the Battle Maison which is pretty bland.

Personally I had more fun with ORAS, but I still enjoyed XY, just not as much as I enjoy most pokemon games.
>>
>>27562621
I think ORAS is better than XY, not by too much, but ORAS had MUCH higher expectations and failed those miserably
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.