[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide I want to nuzlocke Y >decide I'll hack an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: 1470215157797.jpg (64KB, 509x691px) Image search: [Google]
1470215157797.jpg
64KB, 509x691px
>decide I want to nuzlocke Y
>decide I'll hack an Eevee in as my starter, to become an Espeon later
>do I make it Modest or Timid?
>wait but then it'll suck dick early game
>maybe I should make it Rash or Mild to cover the early game
>do I make it shiny?
>do I give it egg moves?
>do I put it in a premier ball, luxury ball, or just a normal pokeball?
>do I give it perfect IVs?
>nah that's too easy, but shitty IVs would be a pain in the ass
>do I nickname it?????
>>>>can't start the game without my autism being satisfied and I'll never satisfy my autism.

This is why I'll never finish a nuzlocke.

ITT: General pokemon-related autism you do
>>
>>27561589
p-please reply
>>
>>27561589
Well the point of a nuzlocke is to make pokemon challenging. Hacking a pokemon in with perfect IVs and nature is the opposite of that.

And you should always nickname your pokemon in a nuzlocke run.
>>
>>27561589
Your autism is way too strong for you to ever even start a Nuzlocke
>>
>Only saving while I'm in a town
>prefer middle of pokemon center, in the pokeball design.
>>
>>27561589
Nuzlockes are supposed to be random anon. Thats why most people just go with whatever the last number in their trainer ID is is what starter they get. ie: 1-3 (grass) 4-6 (fire) 7-9 (water). In your case an eevee is fine, but worrying about its natures, egg moves, etc. is all silly. Just get it and go.
>>
>never nickname any Pokemon
>cant use Pokemon without my trainer OT/ID
>never catch Pokémon in anything but a regular Pokéball
>Pokémon that look femine must be female, males must be males. ie I'm not using a Male Lapras, they're all girls no I don't want to fuck Pokémon

Probably a shit ton more I'm forgetting.
>>
Faggot here

Why I should name my pokemon in a nuzlocke?
I know it's a rule but i dont understand the reason
I apologize of my autism if it make you mad
>>
>>27561589
>hacking starter in nuzlocke
>using greentext wrong

you should really consider sudoku
>>
>nuzlocke
>hack starter
you lost me
>>
>>27562283
>no I don't want to fuck pokemon
I never thought you did until you said that

>>27562529
the reason is to give a more emotional connection to the pokemon so when it dies you are more sad
>>
>>27562529
Allegedly so you feel "attached" to your pokemon during your journey, making the bonds between you and your team stronger and making the losses more emotional.

Really, that's the reason, as autistic as it sounds. You can try it, but I don't think it's a necessary rule; even the first nuzlocke comic didn't use nicknames for all of the pokemon. At the end of the day it's an aesthetic "rule" that, implemented or not, doesn't ultimately change the difficulty of the run.
>>
>>27561589
>want to nuzlocke
>hack in a starter

Yeah no fuck off. The whole point of them is to be challenging as well as using Pokémon you haven't before you fag.
>>
>>27562283
>not using your one catch per area because it's the wring gender
shiggy diggy
>>
>>27561589
Maybe in a breed thread or /shw/ someone got a breeding reject eevee for you those most of the time dont have gold iv, right nature etc
>>
>>27562097
>not close to seats or sitting down if you can

It's like you want your character to get tired, bastard
>>
>>27561589
You're completely missing the point of nuzlockes, faggot.
>>
In addition to all the obvious shit said by everyone, no exp share. It's far too easy to abuse this gen.
>>
>>27562667
yes. I also set the battle style to set in the options (you can't switch when opponent is about to send out a new pokemon like in battle facilities).

It makes it more enjoyable, but sometimes it triggers my autism when a physical pokemon is forced to get special attack evs and vice versa.
>>
>>27562715
If you're paying attention to EVs in a Nuzlocke, you really don't get it.
>>
>>27562750
I'm not paying attention to EVs. I'm saying that I can't help but notice and it kinda hurts to have to let it happen.
>>
>>27562815
I've had this problem too. Here's the therapy: pick up the copy of X/Y you didn't play, and just play it like a new player would. Don't reset, don't look at natures or EVs, no super training, lead with your starter, catch the ones that look cool, use the exp share, etc. Just enjoy the magical journey that is casual Pokémon.
>>
>>27563234
I already know every pokemon's EV yield by heart so it's hard to prevent it, but yeah it didn't bother me as much as the playthrough went on.
>>
>>27563277
Good, let the casual flow through you for a little bit. Rest and relax.
>>
File: casual.png (330KB, 600x667px) Image search: [Google]
casual.png
330KB, 600x667px
>>27563331
>>
The point of a Nuzlocke is to go through a tough and challenging adventure with the Pokemon up have, while developing a bond with them. Its you guys against the world. Just chill on the autism. Let yourself be immersed. Whatever happens happens. All that matters is making it to the next rung on the ladder.
>>
I wanna do a Nuzlocke before sun and moon come out and I've never done one before - I'm probably gonna do a 6th gen one, but I'm not sure which game. XY or ORAS?
>>
>>27563381
XY is probably more interesting because better evil team, pretty region, huge regional pokedex, and trainers teach their pokemon some strong tms that can catch you off guard. I've noticed ORAS trainers usually just have level up moves unless they are special.
>>
>>27562750
Paying attention to EVs is part of the strategy.
Nowhere in the rules does it say "don't utilize what the game gives you to your best abilities".
>>
>>27563381
I'd say XY. ORAS will always have an appeal as a RSE remake, but XY will likely be very hard to go back to after Sun and Moon.
>>
>>27563400
That's what I was thinking, but I've already played through XY twice and only ORAS once, so I might give ORAS another go anyway
>>
>>27563381
Nuzlockes are better in gen 4 or lower desu.
>>
>>27563403
Are you one of this people who resets patches until he gets something he wants from the route in an ORAS Nuzlocke. Because you're missing the point. Just Super Train,max out Amie and grind up 10 levels higher than the Gym ASAP if you think that way.
>>
>>27561589
>hacking a nuzlocke

There was your mistake right there.
>>
>Nuzlocke Black 2
>twist is that in addition to getting the first pokemon on each route I have to complete the habitat lists and 'Box 'em All'
>get raped by a double battle vs Grumpig and Vibrava outside of Reversal Mountain and have 2 pokemon left now

Fug
>>
>>27562097
This is me. Especially in X after hearing about the save glitch in lumoise. I save very often, I like saving whenever I heal at the pokémon center. It may seem stupid and OCD but I'm the one laughing at the people who didn't save.

My own pokémon autism story is participating in this board
>>
>>27563400
I agree with you on all of that except

>better evil team

the big red marketing team ain't worth shit famioli
>>
>>27562283
>never catch Pokemon in anything but a regular Pokeball
I'm not sure why but i'm exactly the same
>>
>>27561589
Simple.

> Nature: One of the neutral ones.
> Shiny?: No, that's dumb.
> Egg Moves: Maybe one if you're pushing it.
> Ball: Your favourite one.
> IVs: Average with maybe a slight slant in a personal favourite.
> Nickname: If you can think of a good one.
>>
i don't know but i wish that straw was my dick
>>
>>27562283
>>never catch Pokémon in anything but a regular Pokéball
This. It feels wrong to be using anything other than the standard, official pokeball. Almost every pokeball I remember seeing in the anime is a regular pokeball, too.
Only exception to this the Luxury Ball because that gold on black looks sexy.
>>
>>27561589
>hacking anything
you suck
>>
File: d33.jpg (9KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
d33.jpg
9KB, 200x219px
>>27561589
>do I make it shiny?
>Espeon
>>
>>27563381

XY has the most variety in mons.

for a first Nuzlocke, it shouldn't be that difficult.

you could also wonderlocke your team.
>>
>>27565038
I just finished a Wonderlocke of Y and it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>27563234
I'm pretty casual except for postgame shiny hunting and occasional nuzlocke runs. Casual is comfy. Not seeing the evos in advance and picking the pokemon with the best evo, you're just hoping it'll look good or cool. My nicknames are also pretty casual, just spur of the moment names that feel right and sound childish similar to how most kids name their stuffed animals and blankets (I never understood naming a blanket or a car for that matter, if it's an inanimate object, just call it as an inanimate object) My fenniken was named ashes, my fletchling was named flurflur, my snivy was named fern. Those are the most recent. All of those were named and fully evolved without know what the final evolution would look.
>>
File: nayme.png (67KB, 901x1295px) Image search: [Google]
nayme.png
67KB, 901x1295px
help
>>
My current autism
>Playing OR
>Can't decide what water type to use
>Use azumarill cause I never used it before
>Autism kicks in
>Should only use all hoenn pokemon
>Only other water type worth using is mudkip line
>More autism cause TWO starters
I've been "debating" with myself for hours, Send Help!
>>
>>27565232
Fifi.
>>
>>27565232
Lila
>>
>>27565428
poliwhirl

FFFUCKKK hoenn
>>
>>27565428
Azurill is gen 3 so Azumarill is at least somewhat related to newness.

Also getting Huge Power makes it practically a new mon
>>
File: 1739729372.gif (223KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1739729372.gif
223KB, 450x338px
>>27561911
>mfw I just found out via the IV judge that the gift Latios on my Omega Ruby nuzlocke has perfect 31 IV on everything and Naive nature.

And I thought that getting two shinies and Pokérus in my White 2 challenge mode nuzlocke was insane enough, holy fuck.
>>
>>27565428
Use a crauwdaut, they can be real bros
>>
>>27565490
Thanks anon my autism was calmed.
>>
>>27565718
I thought you're not allowed to use handouts besides your starter
>>
>>27561589
>do I make it Modest or Timid?
You let the RNG decide. Picking a good nature on purpose feels a little cheap.
>do I make it shiny?
Fuck no, unless you rng 1/4096 and it says shiny. Don't try and be a special snowflake
>do I give it egg moves?
No. Just the moves it would have at level 5
>do I put it in a premier ball, luxury ball, or just a normal pokeball?
Who cares? Just put it in a Poke Ball.
>do I give it perfect IVs?
>nah that's too easy, but shitty IVs would be a pain in the ass
Again, rng. You get what you get. Isn't that the point of nuzlockes?
>do I nickname it?????
Up to you.
>>
>>27565718
It's still Lv30, I didn't actually use it, or any legendary for that matter (besides mandatory Rayquaza in Delta Episode, which I just let it faint) I was just checking the IVs of all the Pokémon out of curiosity.
>>
>>27565964
Meant to reply to >>27565836
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.