[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 2nd gen starters are my favorite >tfw they get love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Johto Starter.png (272KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
Johto Starter.png
272KB, 600x554px
>tfw 2nd gen starters are my favorite
>tfw they get love by GF or here
Being 2nd gen is suffering.
>>
>>27561409
>all the first forms are great
>second forms are atrocious
>third forms are just okay
Literally every fucking starter, fuck.

Gen 2 starters are great. Cyndaquil is tied as my pokemon, love the little guy. Totadile and chikorita are nice too.
>>
>>27561409
>croconaw
>is a caiman
>sounds like caveman
>is the only one in that line that has a caveman motif

I mean I understand why but they could have kept it going
>>
>>27561409
Hey, they got better HAs than Hoenn starters did, Memeziken aside.
>>
>>27561409
They'll get Megas in Sun/Moon, right? ....Right?
>>
>>27561520
Bayleef>Meganium
>>
>>27561409
I rarely fully evolve starters. Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ivysaur, Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw, they're all super cool. They're just cool versions of the 1st stages without going too far. Blastoise doesn't have a cool tail, Meganium is missing the forehead leaf, Typhlosion is fat
>>
>>27561595
I love the 2nd stages too, but it triggers my autism to not have a fully evolved team.
>>
>>27561686
It used to bother me a lot too, I did it for every generation I played until a couple years ago when I played a hack with all of them available. I'd catch two of one I didn't like the fully evolved, evolve one all the way and box it but actually use the 2nd stage one.
>>
can anyone seriously name one (aesthetically, stylistically, conceptually) good starter from the last 3 generations?

and I don't say this as some casual who stopped playing after gen 3. I play all games and have a living pokedex in HG and in W2

they just seem to be all shit. in gen 1-3 I wouldn't leave my starter out of my team, but in 4-6 I'm tempted to
>>
>>27561989
>Greninja
>Chesnaught
>Delphox
>Serpior
>Emboar
>Infernape
>>
>>27561595
>using weaker pokemon because you don't like how their evolutions look
I'm not sure if this is autism or just being teenage girl level casual.
>>
>>27562010
1/10 there was an attempt
>>
>>27562006
I hate them all
>>
>>27562023
>thinking that caring more about fighting capabilities than what it looks like in a game where you use them to fight is a bait
I'm going to go with the first one.
>>
>>27561534
I was just thinking about that
>Totodile has a pale stripe
>Croconaw has a patchy pattern in the shape of flinstones clothing
>Feraligatr has Totodile's stripe but lower down
what's the fuckin deal
>>
>>27562044
if you only care about their fighting capabilities you may as well just be fighting with numbers. A balance between the two is better

And in single player, you don't need to care much about viability.
>>
>>27562056
If there was a pokemon that was just a giant number that happened to be the strongest one I would use it.
>>
>>27562067
you're a faggot desu. just do stocks instead
>>
>>27562083
>"I want to use the cute one!!1!" calling me a faggot
I'd tell you to post a picture of your vagina, but I don't want to get banned for requesting cp.
>>
>>27561989
Torterra is the only one fully evolved that appealed to me after gen3, but some of the base and 2nd forms are great.

>frogadier
>braixen
>dewott
>piplup
>tepig
>fennekin
>>
>>27562067
>I'm anon, my favorite pokemon is garchomp and i play competitive
>>
>>27561989
In terms of the three things you defined; Delphox fits them [Gets more and more mage-y as the line progresses; turns into a wizard].

Chestnaught is pretty good too but it's middle stage is literal what.
>>
>>27562096
>>27562067
You are the one who needs "the strongest" to beat the game. You are the faggot here
>>
>>27561989
Empoleon is the answer
>>
>>27562138
second forms don't really count. torterra may be the best of all them

it's sad when a pokemon with a decent preevolution turns shit when it evolves

>>27562279
delphox is too furry

>>7562328
don't like him
>>
>>27561409
I fucking hate croconaw. Its my least favourite second evo for a starter. Shit design, caveman out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>27561989
>Delphox
>greninja
>all gen 4 starters
>Serperior
>>
>>27561409
They are my favourite starters as well, and then gen 4.
I'm hoping both sets get attention this gen like 1 and 3 did.
But especially the Johto starters.
>>
File: sosa.jpg (8KB, 259x239px) Image search: [Google]
sosa.jpg
8KB, 259x239px
>>27561409
>Ruining that perfection with megas
>>
>>27561534
It's a shame, but on the other hand it's a cool kind of incongruity that gives Croconaw an appeal that most second forms don't have. Charmeleon for instance is red and has the weird head knob, which doesn't fit with either Charmander or Charizard but also looks dumb. If more second forms had that kind of neat design then maybe they'd stop being seen as the awkward puberty of starter types.
>>
>>27561409
What was that?
Did you say you wanted Charizard's dick down your throat?
>>
>>27561409
Isn't it weird that Typhlosion is actually big? I always thought he was still a little weasel thingy. But he's as big as a Charizard.
>>
File: its a diaper pattern.png (4KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
its a diaper pattern.png
4KB, 56x56px
>>27561534
>has one of the worst backsprites in the series
>>
>>27563657
Feraligatr is 7'07".
If you want to discount Serperior due to how snakes are measured, he is the largest of the starters.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.