[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been playing pokemon since GS came out >have literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: fish 3.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fish 3.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>been playing pokemon since GS came out
>have literally never seen a shiny in the wild
>>
I play since RS and the only shiny i've ever encountered was in Emerald 386. Since it's a hackrom, I don't know if it really counts.
>>
>tfw only legit shiny caught was off that bastardization of FRLG PokeMMO that /vp/ was really into before reddit and tumblr invaded
>>
File: 1458681310251.jpg (22KB, 567x405px) Image search: [Google]
1458681310251.jpg
22KB, 567x405px
I've only seen a non-scripted shiny once.

In the Safari Zone.
>>
>>27556602
I've seen 4, though my luck had one be a zubat, one be a geodude, and one be a biberal.

At least shiny venomoth is cool.
>>
I've met plenty in many games, maybe you're just unlucky or haven't spent enough time in the grass or used too much repels?
>>
>>27556602
I caught two in one day once.
Haven't seen any since.
>>
Aside from chaining, only wild shinies I found were a Vanillish in a horde and a Quilladin in a friend safari. Both within a day of eachother.
>>
>>27556602
I've been playing since Gen 1 and have only seen three shinies in the wild, a Zigzagoon in Ruby (though I was unable to catch it because I hadn't beaten May for the first time), a Vanillite in Y (from a Horde Battle in Frost Cavern), and a Surskit in Omega Ruby (through Dexnav trying to find a good Pokemon to catch).
>>
File: 1449712166038.png (138KB, 311x331px) Image search: [Google]
1449712166038.png
138KB, 311x331px
>>27556602
I've had three in the wild, fearow in diamond, geodude in sapphire, and tangela in soul silver. Honestly I don't really care for shinies, the colors on a lot of them seem weird and washed out to me. Some do look good though, corsola and wooper come to mind.
>>
Found a ponyta in HG and a pansear in Y
I've also gotten like twenty-five shinies from wonder trade
>>
Been playing since Pearl, caught a Lumineon in Pearl, a Graveler in Y, and a Sentret in some random fangame but that's it.
>>
>only real shiny was the red gyrados
>it doesn't count since it's scripted
why L I V E?
>>
Friend Safari, DexNav and Hordes are known ways to obtain shinies fairly quickly, well quicker than just walking around that is.
>>
>>27556602
first time i saw a shiny, it was in GS and it was a seaking. it sparkled but i couldn't catch it. i didn't think it was a big deal at the time. i didn't understand shiny
>>
>>27556602
I've found a few.
A liepard and a shuppet for sure, I think another ghost, too
>>
What's that? A shiny brag thread? Minus events, I've had:
Wooper (XD: Gale, deleted save file without realizing it, I was a kid and thought pink Woopers were female)
Heracross (Emerald)
Golbat (Pearl)
Marill (Emerald)
Bronzong (Platinum)
Psyduck (Platinum)
Mr. Mime (Platinum, female unfortunately)
Heatran (Platinum, soft resetting)
Gothorita (Black 2)
Whismur (Alpha Sapphire)
Xatu (Alpha Sapphire)
Wailmer (Alpha Sapphire)
Pidove (Black ROM)
>>
It was his game but pretty infuriating story nevertheless...

>years ago
>playing gold with cousin
>tohjo falls
>hear the shiny sound
>SHINY SLOWPOKE OMG
>me "this is a shiny pokémon, catch it!!!"
>cousin "that doesn't exist, you're dumb"
>he flees the battle
>>
Just hatched a shiny beldum in Platinum using the easy egg rng method
>>
I've run into shiny magicarp and shiny wobbufett. Its a bummer
>>
File: kendrick-lamar-reaction-meme-10.jpg (72KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick-lamar-reaction-meme-10.jpg
72KB, 600x394px
>Be me playing Fire Red as a kid
>Found a shiny Psyduck in the wild but all my pokemon were like 50 lvs higher
>No way of not one hitting the fucker
>mfw I had no pokebals so I threw a master ball at a fucking blue duck
>worth it
>>
I've found exactly one, and that was a few weeks ago.

It was a Furfrou.
>>
>>27557382
I'm >>27556980 and had a similar experience. In soul silver I was training some pokemon by mt.silver and encountered a shiny tangela. I actually was lucky enough to have a pokemon with false swipe but I only had like six regular pokeballs and my master ball. It bugs me that I had to use my master ball but whatever.
>>
Been playing since RBY

not once
>>
Gen II
>Hoothoot in Gold
Couldn't catch it because I didn't have the Pokédex or Balls yet.
>Unown-I in Crystal
Caught it, but it was fucking useless.

Gen III and onward
>Poliwhirl in LeafGreen
What I consider my first "true" Shiny. I evolved him into a Politoed because I liked the color scheme better, and Politoed's been my favorite Pokémon ever since. He has a Brave nature and Damp ability.
>Magikarp in emulated LeafGreen
Caught it. Fucking useless and doesn't even really count since it wasn't on cart.
>Tentacool in Y
Caught it. It's a nice trophy, I guess?
>Venipede hatched in X
Hatched an Egg while while fucking around with breeding. Also a trophy that just sits in the PC.

Shinies kind of lost their touch on me after catching Poliwhirl. Every new Shiny just feels like a downgrade to my bro, Politoed. Maybe it'll spark again when I actually get another interesting Shiny.
>>
>>27556602
only shiny I saw was a Duduo in Leaf Green.. I would have been excited if I wasn't playing on an emulator
>>
>>27556602
i've had pretty damn good luck with shiny finds

tentacruel in ORAS
magikarp in XY
scyther in BW
wurmple in ORAS
volcarona in XY
bulbasaur in XY
>>
File: 1465428809252.png (970KB, 1150x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1465428809252.png
970KB, 1150x1600px
I've played at least one game from every generation, some 2, and all of them for quite a bit of time on multiple playthroughs. Never once seen a shiny.

My brother found a shiny budew within minutes of his first pokemon game.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 115x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 115x125px
>>27556602
>Been playing since gen 4
>Have almost 2 boxes of shinies.
Feels good man.
>>
In Platinum I encountered a shiny Staravia but I ran away cuz I'm a fucking idiot. My first true caught shiny was in Y. I broke a rock behind the Sea Spirit Den and found a shiny Dwebble.
>>
>>27556602
I must be pretty lucky considering I've seen 20 since they debuted in GSC. 3 have been dissapointing. One I killed, one was on a deleted file, and I regret evolving another.
>>
>>27557877
injecting and pokegen doesnt count
>>
>>27557628
Ditto
>>
>>27557945
>He doesn't shiny hunt
How do you wake up in the morning anon?
>>
>>27557945
More so I spend a disgusting amount of time breeding, horde training, and hunting. Just from hordes I've gotten 7 shinies, and the others are breed, SR'd, and random encounters. I actually have a handful of competitive shinies too which are my pride an joys.
>>
>>27558164
>competitive shinies too which are my pride an joys.
I spent so long breeding for a shiny eevee that both parents ended up being 6iv so with destiny knot i was pumping out 5 and 6iv eevees until i got a shiny. He became a beast special defensive wall umbreon
>>
>Start with Silver
>get Soul Silver
>fish outside of the second town
>shiny Krabby
I've had a few others since then, but I like it when I have more of a reason to admire a pokemon I wouldn't normally use in the main game.
>>
>>27558752
By the time I'm down breeding a competitive shiny I have to Wondertrade boxes of 5-6IV Pokémon. Hopefully the people that get them are happy.
>>
Shiny Heracross in Silver weren't dark blue or dark purple right? Also, could you run from them?

Other than that, a Foongus in Black 2 (one of the ones that looked like a pokeball), and a Gulpin and Mareep in hordes while EV training in X. Also hatched a shiny Yanma without trying in an attempt to get a near perfect Yanma.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19KB, 480x360px
yes u have lmao
>>
>>27558827
Im going for a second shiny eevee and just straight up releasing all the rejects
>>
>>27557179
>>
>>27556866
>Used repels.
No one in the history of the RPG world has ever used the "keep monsters away" item.
They're right there with you 13 megaelixers from Chrono Trigger.
>>
I'm almost at three boxes of shinies, just run in the grass once in awhile.
>>
I'm at 97 shines
>>
File: mmmmm.png (21KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmm.png
21KB, 592x533px
>>27556602
>been playing pokemon since red
>shinies just fall into my hands
>>
>>27557877
I have more than that
>>
>>27556820
same, mine was a paras in fire red
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.