[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken Tournament General Post your Main Edition Old threa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: pokken-165688.jpg (270KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
pokken-165688.jpg
270KB, 655x380px
Pokken Tournament General

Post your Main Edition

Old thread >>27495679
>VS Code: vgptg

>FAQ
http://pastebin.com/wg88nq9D

>How do I play online? What is a VS code?
After completing the initial menu tutorial and picking a partner pokemon, pick Online Battle from the main menu / world map.
VS codes are basically passwords. Set the preferences to Anyone > Use Vs Code > vgptg

>What are some resources I can check out?
http://www.serebii.net/pokken/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pokken+tournament+tutorial
http://kuroganehammer.com/Pokken
http://pokkenarena.boards.net/
>>
>>27556166
Machamp buff when
>>
This is depressing
>>
I main Darkrai.
Oh wait, no I don't because IT'S STILL ONLY IN THE ARCADE VERSION FUCK YOU BAMCO YOU PIECES OF GARBAGE
>>
>>27559044
Filthy casualfag. You deserve your suffering. Import a machine and set it up yourself if you can't wait.
>>
File: 2926404-013.jpg (258KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
2926404-013.jpg
258KB, 853x480px
>>27556166
I used to main Weavile in the arcade, but this niga is my fav

>>27559044
>not knowing how fighting games have worked for the past 20 years.
Chill out, nigger
>>
>>27559044
>BAMCO

Confirmed paid DLC.
>>
just started playing pokken again and loving it but unfortunately it looks like the community is dead here on 4chan

learned sceptile/weavile/gengar

trying to learn charizard

where my pokken shitheads at

all four of you
>>
>>27561505
I mostly chill in the Pokken Arena Discord
>>
>>27561505
RIP
>>
well, eye_shine is streaming pokken on twitch
not high level stuff, but better than nothing
>>
File: Recover.gif (962KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Recover.gif
962KB, 500x250px
Best Pokkén.
>>
>>27566880
Nerf the throw damage.
>>
>>27566995
NEVER
>>
>>27566995
They should buff Mewtwo if anything. The nerfs were too harsh.
>>
>>27568864
make BARRIER great again
>>
>>27568958
Honestly the nerf I want reverted the most is the range on its forward Y in field phase.
>>
>>27556977
Machamp is top 5 though? Lucario and gengar need the buffs
>>
When are we seeing Darkrai?
I thought they were meant to be out now? Are they gonna be out in the fall or something?

It seems a little retarded that the Arcades are getting the new Pokemon VS the console players. There's gotta be no real difference in the games. I bet there's nothing more than Arcade mode with all the fighters
>>
>>27571352
Garchomp, Braixen and SM2 used to be console exclusive
>>
>>27571352
Worlds is only two weeks away, they probably don't want to fuck with anything until then.
>>
>>27571460
I don't get why this is a thing tho. Why not both?

>>27571509
This makes sense, we've waited this long, what's 2 more weeks? so what they want to wait till worlds or do they want to release after worlds?

I thought they already did the major tournies and shit? TCG, 3DS and Pokken
>>
b-bump
>>
>>27568864
>>27568958
Mewtwo mains spotted.
>>
Is there range of frames where if you time it right as lucario you can grab somebody right on their wakeup even if they push an attack or something? Like what gengar has?

Because like 3 times in the past match I had with somebody they grabbed me even though I made the read and hit my light attack in duel phase, the match wasn't laggy enough for it to have been from that?
>>
>>27570465
Lmao Machamp and Gengar are bottom of the barrel after their nerfs. They nees buffs the most
>>
>>27568864
He's still one of the bst characters in the game. He's just balanced now. He doesn't need a buff.

Weavile, and especially machamp and gengar are still almost inviable in a tournament setting. They need buffs.
>>
>>27570465
>Machamp is top 5 though?
Who told you that lie?
>>
>>27575895
>>27575648
have you literally seen a single tournament?
he's almost always at least top 8 if not semis
>>
I was thinking of getting this, but I've only ever played Soul Calibur kinda seriously. Which character is closest to Voldo or Seigfried?
>>
>>27578509
I don't know if pokken is similar enough to make comparisons. Also, i've only ever played a bit of 4 in regards to the soul calibur games.

Anyways, a short summary of the pokkens cast

Lucario: Decent both at long range zoning and up close combat. Not particularly beefy or fragile or slow or fast.

Charizard: Slow and has a lot of health as well as huge damage output, but he's also kind of preditable. Has a good amount of areal mobility as well.

Pikachu: Fast, somewhat on the low end in terms of health but not extremely so. Like lucario, he's good at both zoning and up close combat.

Pikachu Libre: Very fast, has a lot of focus on grabs anf self buffs

Gardevoir: Zoner with lots of strange projectiles. Stuff that detonates after a delay, or stuff she fires that she can change the trajdecot of as it's flying. She also has a mechnic where she can build stacks up on a move that pushes the oppenents back.

Machamp: Tons of health. Almost zero usful projectiles and super slow, but his grabs and attacks can do like half your health in a single hit.

Weavile: Very fast. Has traps and lots of annoying moves that sap your meter as well as unorthodox movement abilities. Mixup heavy.

Garchomp: Has both decent speed and high health, and lots of moves to get in and cross distance fast. Also very read heavy, as most of his moves rely on using the right part of the counter/attack/grab triangle.

Sceptile: Obligatory ninja character. Decently speedy, has tons of bullshit he can throw onto the field to ristrict your movements and harass you with/

Gengar: Low health. Lots of his moves have Iframes where he's intangible. His playstyle mainly revolves around building meter via his grabs which sap it, since normally he's not very good, but once your meter is full and you get burst, he becomes basically an entirely different character which is an unstoppable monster

1/2
>>
>>27579842
Should clarify on sceptile a bit more: He's a trap character with a ton of different traps he can through out to restrict your movement and keep you at mid range, which he can then hit you from due to having mid range attacks and grabs.

Suicuine: lots of health, average speed. Is a pretty heavy zoner like gardevoir, though less helpess up close, and his projectiles are more like beam.

Chandelure: Almost purely a zoner. Low health. Can set up just fucking walls of projectiles to throw at you, and many of his moves also debuff you if they hit, which then powers up his mid/long range grab.

Mewtwo: All around great character with lots of options. decently high health. Decent to great at everything.

Shadow mwtwo: Lowest health in the game but absurd damage output and meter gain rate. Lots of wierd space control moves as well. High risk high reward.

Braixen: Zoner, but also decent up close. Also has some self buff mechanics like pikachu libre.

Blaziken: Rushdown close up in your face character. Very fast; sort of like a less methodical weavile without the debuff/movement shit that's built around overhwleming you and pushing you into a corner.. Can power up his own moves at the cost of his health.

Darkrai: Not out yet, only in arcades so far. Like sceptile, lays out an absurd amount of traps, but unlike sceptile, they aren't for ristricting your movement, but setting up future attacks. Has unique mechanics built around triggering phase shifts to self buff.
>>
>>27577130
No. There were only 2 machamp mains in the top 32
>>
>>27571575
The Pokemon World Championships is the culmination of competitive pokemon for all three.
I expect they'll make an announcement near the end or shortly after.
>>
>>27559723
>I used to main Weavile in the arcade, but this niga is my fav
So you live in Japan? Neat!

I'm wondering. Did you see a notable difference in the graphical fidelity of the arcade and Wii U versions? Just curious.
>>
File: machamp thumbs up win.gif (2MB, 540x288px) Image search: [Google]
machamp thumbs up win.gif
2MB, 540x288px
>>27559723
Excellent choice, m8
>>
Dead general
Dead game
>>
>still no Darkrai news

So think there's any chance that the DLC will be free?
>>
gonna stream Pokken EX Circuit online tournament soon
ssjluffy
yes, it's shameless selfpromotion
>>
>>27586306
it's like they want the game to be dead

they should have announced at least two playable characters darkrai, and empoleon
>>
>>27586674
They didn't even announce Darkrai until he was officially playable, did they?
>>
>no chespin
>no quilladin
>no chesnaught
Chesnaught confirmed for playable when
>>
>>27588919
Why would they add such a shitty disliked Pokémon?
>>
>>27589740
you make me a sad anon
>>
tilting so hard today
>>
pokken locals
hitboxarena
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.