[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If these trials are really replacing gyms, so you think we would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

If these trials are really replacing gyms, so you think we would still battle the trial captains? The new information tells us what pokemon each of the known trial captains specialize in, but to complete a trial would we just have to complete the given task, or do you think we would have to battle the trial captains after we complete said task? If feels weird to think we don't have to battle every trial captain when they show us what typing of pokemon they use
>>
>>27554878
Most of them are going to be fetch quests and get X amount of Y.
>>
We will battle the trial captains
>>
>>27554878
well, Colosseum and XD-GoT worked well without gyms and league. It will be fine and some fresh air.

battle frontier would be great tho.
>>
>>27554878
You battle a Totem Pokemon after every trial.
>>
>>27554878
The Totem Pokemon are your boss.
>>
8 will battle you, the rest will be fetch quest
>>
>>27554878
That just means we will have to do more than just battle them. Why would they be associated with types of they didn't have in-game teams? Shit tier reading comprehension familia
>>
>>27554984
>associated

There is your word. They are associated with the type of the trial. They're only there to give you the task and find the Totem Pokemon. How is that relevant? How else can you find a pokemon than by knowing about them?
>>
>>27554878
>>>27554878
>Shit tier reading comprehension familia

No, I know it's not limited to battling, I'm just curious to whether or not we'd be able to battle the trial captains who's trial focus aren't pokemon battling at some point
>>
>>27555046
Again, you missed the part where we ARE battling a pokemon, just not a trained pokemon. It's still a boss battle nonetheless.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 600x334px
>>27554878

It does sound weird why they tell us their typing if we don't but they tell you other than battling, meaning at some point some of them will be battled

Though it doesn't matter to me if you do battle them or not

I'm honestly satisfied enough with battling Totem Pokemon and the Kahuna's

I really liked the idea of battle a boosted Pokemon who can call summons
>>
>>27555046
>implying each captain won't have a series of trials, including a battle and a showdown with a totem Pokemon
That's what I inferred anyways. I don't know why it wouldn't work like this. Think of it like having quest lines before the gym battle. Obviously speculation, but still
>>
>>27555251
Seems like islands have kahunas, areas have totem Pokemon, and captains have trials. Could be wrong tho
>>
OK, here's how it will work:

There are multiple trials per island, once you finish them all, you will be able to battle the Kahuna and then go to the next island. Not every trial involves battling.

The game finishes after the story ends, however, in the post-game there's a more serious challenge where you can battle every captain (that's why they have an speciality in types) and the Kahunas.

Probably this will be the thing /vp/ will cry for years after the game releases: there are no gyms and there's no replacement for it, the main game is a little easier, but the gyms in X/Y were already pretty easy, so there's not really a difference by removing them
>>
Usually when an RPG has multiple bosses in a single dungeon, they are different from each other. We are not having two bosses IN THE SAME TYPE next to each other. That's just flipping redundant, I don't care if it's different pokemon, it's redundant.
>>
>>27555201
I like the idea too, I don't mind if we don't have to battle every trial captain, but I do think at some point we will be able to battle every trial captain, otherwise why show their preferred typing? I am excited for the SOS totem battles tho!
>>
>>27554944
>battle frontier would be great tho.

Please no. I wan't actual content rather than that snorefest. A single battle facility is enough.
>>
>>27554878
You will battle the totems.
>>
>>27555325
That's how I generally thought it would go, and I don't mind the removal of gyms. I don't think the game will be super easy tho, it does seem they are trying to Vevamp the difficulty level with the SOS battles.
>>
File: Untitled.png (38KB, 572x287px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38KB, 572x287px
>>27555325
>Not every trial involves battling.
>>
Do we think that each island might have four captains and a Kahuna? That would mean that a grand total of 16 out of 18 types could be represented. I personally like this idea.
>>
>>27555424
Whoops, fucked that one up
>>
>>27555424
I personally better believe it's not evenly distributed, since the big island seems to have a lot of trial areas.
>>
>>27555463
My thoughts are as follows:

Melemele:
Captains: Water, Fire, Grass, Electric
Kahuna: Normal

Second Island:
Captains: Rock, Ground, Ice
Kahuna: Steel

Third Island:
Captains: Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Fighting
Kahuna: Fairy

Fourth Island:
Captains: Bug, Flying, Poison
Kahuna: Dragon

This emulates the idea of gyms and an elite four in a completely new and creative way.
>>
>>27555558
The site itself gives the Grass trail as being on Akala. There has been substantial evidence amassed that the Water and Fire trials are there, too. It's possible the Electric one is there, too.
>>
>>27555412
Totem Pokémon appear as bosses of each trial, I'm talking about the trials themselves.
>>
>>27555696
You still have to fight a pokemon as part of the trial.
>>
>>27555604
The point wasn't so much the specifics as to what trial is where, but rather that the trials exist on all islands with specific types and a corresponding kahuna with a type
>>
>>27554944
>XD
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>27555804
Nothing said the kahuna had to have a type.
>>
>>27554878
It sounds like your standard MMORPG quest.
>>
Here's how I imagine what will happen with these two,i haven't thought of trials for the other two

>Mallow wants different ingredients, last ingredient looks like a flower, go to area where that flower is, turns out you try to pick a fomantis then the totem lurantis battles you
>Kiawe shows 4 pokemon that use dance based moves, you have to win the battle against each and then guess which is different based on the battle. Then you battle his fire dancing marowaj which is a totem pokemon
>>
>>27555910
I don't think they'll use old pokemon. It's long been their policy their bosses center on a new pokemon.
>>
>>27555942
Which is why I think it'll be Baile Style Oricorio instead.
>>
>>27555942
The website specifically says that Kiawe has a Marowak, if it got an alolan fire form, it would be technically new.
>>
>>27554878
You battle Sophocles, that is certain. However, you engage in a dancing competiton with Akawe, the fire captain.
>>
>>27555968
>Diantha is centered on Mega Garde.

Fuck, he's right. Well I'll be dagged. There's still hope for the guardian of not-Mauna Kea to rise after all. (ice tales)
>>
>>27554906
It'll be so fucking boring.
>>
>>27554878
I hate this Orange Islands shit.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.