[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here actually completed the PokeDex? And how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Pokédex_Pt.png (2MB, 2466x2035px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_Pt.png
2MB, 2466x2035px
Has anyone here actually completed the PokeDex? And how long did it take you?
>>
>>27553050
Loads of people have. Some people have every single pokemon evolution in pokebank too.
>>
Completing the pokedex is a prerequisite to posting here, anon.
>>
>>27553050
I didn't allow myself to play showdown or post here until I completed the dex. I've completed the pokedex 6 times now, 7 this fall. It's actually really easy.
>>
>>27553050
shitty attempt to recreate epic maymay. sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>27553138
Only done it once, it's on my pokebank.
Any tips on completing it faster? Want to try it again
>>
File: 1469083575788.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469083575788.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
>>27553050
>>27553097

>Some people have every single pokemon evolution in pokebank too.

I did this.

The empty feeling you get afterwards is the worst feeling ever.
>>
Took me 3 days of jew trading & lying on the GTS
>>
>>27553050
Regional Dex: less than 1 month (2 months for XY and maybe SM)

National Dex: It took me since early February until late July (almost 6 months) to complete the National Dex on AS
>>
>>27553224
Next step you can do is to get shiny flawless pokemon into your pokebank as well.
>>
>>27553224
Why did you feel empty? Because you beat Pokemon?
>>
>>27553050
I did in red and yellow but couldn't find misdreavus in silver, I've never even finished Emerald Platinum or White, just finished Y and but I don't even know where to find mewtwo
>>
>how long did it take you?
Counting from when i started playing until the first time i ever got the diploma, 6 years. didnt finish it until i owned sapphire and friends had emerald and FRLG.

as of right now the only pokemon i dont own or have the ability to breed are volcanion and the SM new mons.
>>
I'm at 650 and I'm doing this thing where I'm trying to get almost all of them from other trainers do I have a better chance of winning the lotto in the game. Basically I wonder trade all my breeding rejects and I've gotten a ton of pokemon that way

What's left is weird, like I need Pokémon like the two ghost/grass guys from kalos because they evolve on trade
>>
>>27553228
Oh also lying on wfg and trading "friends" shitmons with 0iv also powersave on the missed events
>>
>>27553224
True. Luckily, I did it when it was only 151 pokemon. So, i didn't go through that much trouble before realizing the cold dark void of the achievement.
>>
File: 1463453980025.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1463453980025.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>27553247
Because that sense of exploration and "oh man what could I possibly find next in this patch of grass?" which I loved Pokemon for is completely gone.

Sun and Moon will revitalize that sense, but only for a short while after I catch all the Alola pokemon. When I'm done with that, I don't know what I'll do. Shinies aren't worth shit anymore and only exist for sentiment now and I'm competitive at all.

I kinda wish I didn't complete the Pokedex.
>>
>>27553389
>I'm competitive at all.

meant to put "I'm not competitive"
>>
yep got that living dex ready to import to sun and moon through pokebank
>>
>>27553285
Pokemon village
>>
File: 1461536694655.gif (4MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1461536694655.gif
4MB, 320x320px
>>27553050
>be 12 or so in middle school
>group of 10 or so kids all playing pokemon red/blue
>traded my way to 100 or so
>remember writing down in my notebook of pokemon others needed/wanted
>remember exchanging pokemon
>remember that one kid selling gameshark mews for lunchmoney
>no one ever had a Tauros
>lots stuck at 150 pokemon
>every day the same story of people saying it runs on the first turn no matter what
>one day
>no trading
>no talking
>all 10~ hanging around the jungle gym just trying to catch a Tauros
>teacher comes over to ask why we are all so quiet for once
>"trying to catch a fuckin tauros" one of the more frustrated ones said
>down to 9~ kids
>30 minute recess and all of us trying, nothing
>lunch
>nothing
>afterschool at home, nothing
>next day, 15 minutes before home room started a few of us were trying
>minutes before homeroom started
>catch a Tauros
>jump up and scream like an excited 12 year old would
>everyone asks
>tell them yes
>teacher walks in
>everyone wants to trade
>teacher says no
>explain why
>teacher replied "how did you catch a tauros? they always run"
And that was the greatest moment in middle school for me. I never could catch them all again after that
>>
File: l.php.jpg (43KB, 409x427px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.jpg
43KB, 409x427px
>>27553723
>getting mew before tauros
>>
>>27553723
>Getting Chansey before Tauros
Lies.
>>
>>27553050
my whole childhood life collecting pokemon casually without a goal throughout the series. and then 2 weeks of GTS trading this year.
>>
>>27553050
About a week of 10 hour days.
>>
>>27553050
I remember completing the gen 2 pokedex. Was on a summer camp with very heavy trading and around 10-15 people.
>>
15 years
>>
>>27553050
>Wondertrade comes out
>ORAS
>CATCH EVERY POKEMON IN THE NATIONAL DEX,BY WONDERTRADING ZIGZAGOONS UNTIL I GET THE POKEMON I WANT
I think it took me 4 months
>>
Ain't nobody got time for that
>>
File: 1462436176411.jpg (73KB, 556x636px) Image search: [Google]
1462436176411.jpg
73KB, 556x636px
I basically started my Dex basically from scratch, since I never had multiple DSs to transfer my previous Pokemon from. Took me about 2 months I guess? My living dex took around that much time as well.

Now I just feel empty inside, comp is fun, but my favorite meta is ultra shit this year, and not having any more Pokemon to catch is weird in it's own way.
>>
>>27553050
I'm down to just the event Pokemon, to complete my Living Dex. I do have Jirachi, 2 Arceus', Shaymin and Mew however.

>>27553172
Don't look for trades of the GTS- it's full of 11 year olds offering '6IV' Zigzagoons for a Genesect because all the good trades get sniped quickly. Offer reasonable trades- Kadabra for Kadabra and it'll complete in a few minutes.

Strip mine your previous games, obviously.

Get OR or AS as they have fucking buckets full of legendaries after the E4.

It's quicker to breed Pokemon that evolve through happiness than to train one caught in the wild- a bred Woobat or Togepi will evolve at LV 17 with a Soothe Bell, which is like 5 fights in Victory Road.
>>
Have been filling it for the past two weeks since I got back to Pokemon in anticipation of Sun (and a little influence from the GO craze) using only X and AS and like 20 Pokemons I had in BW.

I currently have 587, so I'm getting close but I've been doing it nonstop and I'm kinda burning out. I just sorta zone out and keep battling trainers until something evolves.

Not looking forward to doing it again after I finish desu senpai
>>
A few weeks
>>
>>27553050
About a week because I was juggling Persona.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.