[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if Sun and Moon will run on the 2DS? I was going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: nintendo-2ds-red.png (233KB, 405x465px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-2ds-red.png
233KB, 405x465px
Does anyone know if Sun and Moon will run on the 2DS? I was going to pick one up on sale in preparation to return to the Pokemon scene, but the salesperson said S/M would be exclusive to the New 3DS XL. Anyone know if this is true?
>>
the salesperson is a fucking retard/was trying to get you to shell out more money, both of those scenarios probably apply
>>
it's not true.
>>
>>27552242
This. It will work fine on 2DS
>>
>>27552216
The 2ds has all the same hardware of the 3ds minus the 3D, so yes it will run fine on the 2ds.

That said, it will probably still perform somewhat better on the new 3ds as that has slightly better hardware.
>>
thanks senpai i was thinking this in the back of my head, theres no fuckin way pokemon wouldnt extend across the 3ds family.

took my business elsewhere. listen to the internet everyone, GameStop is shit
>>
>>27552293
It definitely won't if they don't add N3DS-exclusive enhancements like Monster Hunter and Smash
The N3DS is designed to run O3DS games and non-enhanced games at the original 3DS clock speed, and it's highly unlikely they'll take advantage of N3DS features if it's not direly needed
>>
>>27552216
>exclusive to the New 3DS XL
>XL

Pls don't tell me you believed him
>>
sorry, havent had a gameboy since the advance days. i didnt really look into the difference in actual hardware specs before this guy came on real hard to try to get me to buy the XL

i mean im sure it'll run smoother on the xl but its pokemon and theres no reason for it to be model exclusive?
>>
>>27552354
There's literally nothing indicating that it's tailored for the N3DS you alarmist bitch.
>>
>>27553035
At what point did I ever say it'd be tailored for the n3ds, dumbass?
>>
>>27553035
Anon, reread their comment. They were agreeing with you, silly!
>>
>>27552568
The official announcement stated it would run on everything 3ds/2ds. It is not exclusive.

There is the possibility that some small, minor portion might be new 3ds exclusive, but there has been no indication of that. Pokemon games in the past have done this, though. Such as Pokemon yellow playing with some better colors on the gameboy color, or pokemon black white having an additional shitty feature with the dsi
>>
Never go to a store like bestbuy and ask a question a but X console those fuckfaces will do anything to sell you shit you dont need, 2ds will play S&M just fine.
>>
Get a 3DS, really. I don't use 3D and I don't regret my 3DS XL.

Aesthetically and functionally, they've cut a lot of corners with the 2DS.
>>
>Mono sound with shittier speaker
>Ugly
>Reduced processing power that doesn't allow you to play certain games or at a cost (shit framerate)
>Small screen
>Ugly
Work a few more days if you need to save up.
>>
>>27553318
The 2DS is way fucking better than the 3DS.
The battery lasts moreand framerate is a bit improved because they got rid of the 3D gimmick.

Also it's not really Mono, it's a bit of the right speaker and left speaker. Also it's much more cheap and comfy.
>>
>>27553318
>>27553290
This
>>
pokemon fan only desu, i dont play any of the other nintendo games. the 2ds fits my needs, and its like $80. also the nx is going to be announced soon, so i dont see the value in the xl.
>>
sort of related to OP's post;
I want to buy a new NEW 3DS XL to replace my 3DS which I find too small for my fingers to comfortably press buttons, yet I see alot of hate for the XL, are they really that bad on graphics or are you few just being pedantic
>>
When are Sun and Moon coming out, anyway?
>>
>>27554014
November 18
>>
spec wise the 3ds xl wins in terms of like cpu clock speed and gpu vram, so you'll get a more consistent experience. i think the xl does some upscaling and stretching for the bigger screen, you can see pixels pretty easily, but the 2ds has a smaller screen.

forreal though im just catching mons, i never expected to max out pokemon at like 144 frames lmao
>>
>>27552216
i just bought a 2ds for $80 and its amazing. you really want a 3D feature (that nobody uses) and a few seconds worth of faster speed for $100 more??
>>
>>27553408
I doubt the battery is intrinsically better, and you have the option to change the degree of or turn off altogether the steroscopic 3D, making this a non-advantage.

I have fairly large hands and have found the 3DS XL to be more than comfortable, even if it is slightly smaller than the 2DS. Work a little longer or convince your mom it's better, whatever.

" it's a bit of the right speaker and left speaker. "
That means it's mono.
>>
File: pokemon-red-blue-yellow-2ds.jpg (115KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-red-blue-yellow-2ds.jpg
115KB, 800x400px
>>27552216

2DS was made as a POKEMON HANDHELD

They wouldn't have pimped the RBY 2DS models if the game didn't work on it.

The N3DS is for flashy action games and fighters.
>>
>>27553839
N3DS has better battery life and the graphics are improved compared to the stretched out ones of the original 3DS XL.
>>
>>27556055
I meant the N3DS XL having better battery life than the non-XL model.
>>
I bought a 2DS only for Pokemon so

#YOLO
>>
File: CYndxmUUAAA_lXJ.png (287KB, 717x377px) Image search: [Google]
CYndxmUUAAA_lXJ.png
287KB, 717x377px
>>27552216
They would never make Sun and Moon New 3DS exclusive, there are too many people who still have an original 3DS/XL and don't want to/can't upgrade to the new one for one game. It may be New 3DS enhanced like BW/BW2 were DSi enhanced (but still ran on the DS) but they don't want to alienate that many people.

That said, I do believe the R/B New 3DS is the definitive version and I love mine. If you can get one you should.
>>
>>27556176
What enhancements could they make to the game for the New 3DS besides it playing more quickly?
>>
>>27552216
yes cuz 2ds is for plebs like you

get a job you asshole and buy a new nintendo 3ds xl
>>
>>27556212
Amiibo starters
>>
>>27552389
doesn't america only have the N3DS XL
>>
>mfw all these poors who don't upgrade their hardware as soon as possible on /vp/

Gotta catch 'em all on a budget, I see.
>>
>>27556395

what for?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.