[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since we can now change IVs, what's the point of them? Aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (15KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 325x155px
Since we can now change IVs, what's the point of them? Aren't they just complicated EVs now?
>>
Hidden powers are a thing, still. You can still breed for them if you'd like, since it I remember correctly the Super Chocolatey Mega Training simply maximizes the IV stat.
>>
>>27549039
you still want 0 iv on a trick room use, or different HPs
>>
>>27549039
Pokemon you catch in the wild won't all have the same stats. That was the point all along, anyways.
>>
>>27549060
Why not just add a NPC that lets you change HP's type at will? This way we can have HP Fairy too.
>>
>>27549080
I heard for the 8th gen there will be an npc who can alter your pokemons ability if you want its hidden one.
>>
You can't hyper train at will. It'll probably be a postgame feature too.
>>
And they still need it for variety on the game.
>>
>>27549039
Since the pokemon needs to be a level 100, I guess it acts as an incentive to level up your pokemon to the max.
>>
>>27549039

You have to be level 100 to Hyper Train.

This is mainly for legendaries, and Pokemon transferred from older gens.

Breeding for perfect IVs is still faster.
>>
>>27549039
Can we select the exact IV we want?

Or only up IVs to 31?

Because hidden powers and some people might want 0 in IVs
>>
Some pokemon are just born better.

But through gene editing systems, they can become better(Hyper Training or CRISPR)

It's realistic.
>>
>>27551444
>You have to be level 100 to Hyper Train.
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>27551657
They already said you have to level them to the max before you can change their IVs
>>
So how hard are bottle caps going to be to find?
>>
>>27551657
Did you actually watch the fucking video? They literally mention you MUST be level 100 to Hyper Train.
Let me guess, you will now bitch about that, right?
>>
>>27551657
>Stop being retarded.
Shut the fuck up, retard.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/max-out-your-pokemon-with-hyper-training/
>>
>>27551745
10K BP per
>>
>>27551745
Well it costs like 300 to buy a decent pipe pistol, so probably not very hard.
>>
>>27549039
The point is, IVs still determine the "individual strengths" of a caught or bred Pokemon.

The fact that you have to take a mon to level 100 in the postgame to adjust IVs means that, unlike EVs, IV adjustments only have a bearing on competitive multiplayer. By the time they can be adjusted, the mon is so overleveled to shit that, for in-game purposes, they essentially don't matter.

Also you can't breed for EVs.
>>
>>27551765
>Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before.

>can't decrease their individual strengths

rip 0 IV strats
>>
>>27552079
that's what breeding and those retarded berries are for, retard
>>
>>27552071
It'll make it helpful to get the right hidden powers and breeding will still be needed for obtaining 0 IVs most likely.
>>
>>27552960
DESU I expect IV reduction to be possible; EV reduction was possible with Super Training.
>>
>>27551444
>>27551706
>>27551762
>be level 100
fucking pokemon go casuals. trainers dont have levels in pokemon games idiots
>>
>>27549039
>Salvaging legendaries, wild shinies, and bred shinies that have bad IV's by luck of the draw.
>You can have your cake and eat it too, without having to be as autistic as shiny hunters and people trying to soft reset for ivs.

I fail to see the problem. Informed breeding is still more efficient for getting good ivs on normal pokemon anyway.
>>
>>27549068
This guy gets it. Hyper Training is only available to Pokémon at Lv.100 and only after spending Bottlecaps.

We'll still have to breed for Egg-moves, HP and the occasional Little Cup gaffe
>>
>>27553362
technically that isn't true, your trainer card reflects your trainer level
>>
>>27553362
do you have autism? genuine question.
>>
Hyper is the extra post game content you wanted. In Gen 6 you can Super train at the start to maximize the correct EVs before training them and now with Gen 7 you get them to end game lvl 100 and do whatever is required to get the bottle caps you need for perfect stats. Hyper training is post game content that directly appeals to competitive players.
GF has listened to your complaints.
>>
>>27554572
>having anything to do with postgame

Those complaints would be people tired of having to wrangle with random elements while hackers can make otherwise "legit" pokemon with less headache.
It was essentially incentivizing hacking by making the normal players have to go through more tedious rng bullshit.
And so Hyper training is giving players more control over those randomized elements, legitimately, in-game. Progress, much like having destiny knots and in-game IV checkers.
>>
>>27551444
>Breeding for perfect IVs is still faster
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 300x300px)
image.jpg
63KB, 300x300px
>>27552079
>mfw 0IV Dittos are now optimal for breeding
>>
>>27554791
Anyone knows long does it take from level 1 to 100 with Blissey bases + exp o-power + lucky egg (+ traded bonus, i guess)?

I can get a perfect 'mon averaging in like 30 min through breeding
>>
>>27554951

Less than 30 mins, and you can level up multiple mons at once.
>>
>>27549039
There should have never been a way to have perfect IVs. The way it should've worked is that there is a limited number of points that can be spread out up to a maximum of 31. That way you'd breed for a desirable combo of IVs instead of just going for max numbers on all of them.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.