[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frankly, after about a week of playing and being level 22...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-14-44.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-14-44.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Frankly, after about a week of playing and being level 22... I'm starting to lose interest already. The game is very shallow and there really isn't much to it. The biggest problem is the combat system. Anything would have been better than what we have now, I don't understand why they didn't just keep a turn based combat, it couldn't have been any worse than the "spam tap" combat we have right now.

The balancing of city vs. nature is horrendous, there is no reason to ever go out into nature because there's practically no pokemon and stops there. The game should reward you for getting out there, it's Pokemon GO, right? But it feels more like Pokemon SIT at many times because of how efficient it is to go downtown and sit on top of 3 permalured pokestops which handily also give you all the balls you need to keep going.
The servers are awful and they haven't fixed the 3 footprint problem in like four days now. Balance is also completely wack, water as a type is broken OP as shown by most of the top tier pokemon being water type, especially the ones carrying water gun. Meanwhile some types such as fighting are almost unusably bad.

All in all I'm just wondering "Why am I still doing this?" and the only answer I can come up with is to get stronger pokemon so I can better fight gyms.... but the combat system is just that bad and I find it hard to even care about the gyms considering how easy it is to take them back, attackers are favored very, very heavily, there isn't even a cooldown on attacking a gym.

I don't know, I appreciate what this game did in terms of bringing people together, getting them out there (even if it's just into town and not into nature) and having everyone socialize a bit while getting fresh air.

But in the end it's a very shallow experience with bad gameplay at its core and I don't see the addition of 1v1 duels with friends or trading helping this really.
>>
>>27543086
wtf do you live? i've never seen so many spots
>>
>>27543153
Spoof your gps to Amsterdam, Tokyo, or NYC and you'll see even more.
>>
>>27543086

>The game is very shallow and there really isn't much to it.

So, just like the actual games, huh? Really makes you think.

Nice blog btw faglord
>>
File: 1341814346223.jpg (15KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1341814346223.jpg
15KB, 336x229px
>Have a ~1400 CP Victreebel
>Both moves are STAB, Razor Leaf and Solar Beam
>STILL gets wrecked by Vaporeons up to 300 CP below it.
So many gyms I come across is either stacked with Vaporeons or there's at least one in the ranks somewhere. HP is such an imbalanced stat right now, why the hell am I not able to wreck these gyms with my Victreebel alone?

I'm not even bad at gyms either, I learned how to time dodges properly, but if I ever so much as stop to use Solar Beam it manages to knock out a quarter to a third of my HP in the meantime. How the hell is my SE Solar Beam doing an equal percent of HP to it as it's NVE Hydro Pump??
>>
>>27543282
>butthurt fago
>>
>>27543086
Do you have a satellite phone? No? That's why there aren't any Pokemon out in "nature."
>>
>>27543086
This is a fun gateaway app. Nothing more. I dont get why normies get so excited about it. Im not mad that they enjoy it. Im mad that they will shit on it once they relise that The game is nothing special.
>>
>>27543490
Had the same problem using my Exeggutor against Vaporeon. They did nerf Water Gun, but Vaporeon is so easy to get that it's still extremely prevalent. I haven't even bothered doing the gyms since the update since I can never find enough potions to heal my Pokemon. It's not worth it to attack gyms unless you have a car full of friends on the same team to ride around with you, because your gym with only one Pokemon on it will get taken back within minutes otherwise. I wish they would have just kept the game turn based to keep it fair, especially when lag can fuck you over so much.
>>
>>27543086
Lol, I wrote this post. Like over a week ago.

Why did someone go back and copypaste it? Did I hit the nail on the head that well?
>>
>>27543086
It's just a spinoff, it never meant to have the success it did.

GF lost big time, now new names are already working on GO clones that are actually interesting.
>>
>>27543596
No, the reason there aren't any Pokemon "out in nature" is because the game specifically spawns them along roadsides and near public venues like malls.

Before all this recent mess with the scanners you could tell that pokemon -really- don't spawn in open areas of nothing like fields or forests, even in areas with good signal. The most you'll get are Pokemon that spawn along a walking trail in the city park.
>>
File: 1341801068952.png (57KB, 137x234px) Image search: [Google]
1341801068952.png
57KB, 137x234px
>>27543727
>HP stat is overpowered and the reason Vaporeon is so strong
>Niantic: HURR LETS NERF ALL WATER MOVES THAT'LL FIX IT
>>
>>27543086
What up with that light blue gym? There a new team?
>>
To much text. Didnt read.

All i onow is that i lost i terest to. But thats simply because country side has NOTHING. Inly days i can play go and enjoy it is when i go to the city a few days. The difference is to big.
>>
>>27543789
Where are you from? Zimbabwe?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.