[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mean to be Mr. Positive Pants, but Sun and Moon are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: eUonI69[1].png (920KB, 708x511px) Image search: [Google]
eUonI69[1].png
920KB, 708x511px
Don't mean to be Mr. Positive Pants, but Sun and Moon are shaping up to be the best Pokémon games they've ever done.
>>
100% agreed
>>
No, your definitelly correct OP. So hyped for them.
>>
>>27541822
Thats what it always looks like in the hype train time.

Lets see whats the game really has to offer before caliming its the best or worst
>>
>>27541822
I hated megas but I'm hyped for Alola Forms. Variations are a dream addition.

Plus the new pokemon look great, and I love the gym shakeup.
>>
I agree and I haven't cared for Pokemon in a long time.
>>
>>27541822
At first, I wasn't impressed, but the new pokemon and aloha formes are impressing me.
>>
Lots of good stuff has been shown, but those starters being so bad kind of leaves a bit of a cloud over the whole thing for me.
Dunno why I care so much, starters have sucked more than they've been good.
>>
>>27541822
While I'm careful to say anything specific
This is the first time I've actually been able to make a team out of pre-release pokemon that I was interested in using (multiple, even)

I'm not naive enough to say it'll be the best games they've done, but I will say its looking better than XY did pre-release, for me at least.
>>
I just hope they don't ditch megas completely. Other than that I totally agree with you.

Also I'm kinda sad they still didn't say anything about the story or the bad team (if they didn't ditch it)
>>
Have you guys looked at the environments in the last trailer we got? Like, actually paid good attention to them? Both the battle backgrounds and the overworld itself look expansive and gorgeous as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U [Embed]

They blow X and Y out of the water.
>>
File: 96nNylH.jpg (95KB, 625x783px) Image search: [Google]
96nNylH.jpg
95KB, 625x783px
>>27541967
>[Embed] [Embed]
>>
XY also looked great
ORAS also looked great

Don't get your hopes up
>>
>>27541999
XY and ORAS actually started to lose its shine right around this.
Which is the opposite of SM, where its beginning to like even better as it goes.

I do advise against saying "best games ever!" that always ends in disappointment and makes people dislike otherwise great games simply because they aren't GOAT, but I'd also advise against being too negative as well.
>>
>>27541822
So far so good but there's still so many things that must be done to make the game really good.

We still dont know shit about post game, we dont know if the new trials are actually better than gym battles (if they're easier then GG), there's no real mention of any 20 annivesary feature(s) and that was one of the biggest points during the time of reveal.
>>
I wonder how many pokemon will get Alolan forms. I hope it's a lot. More new pokes than Kalos, and at least half the amount of new Pokes for Alola variations.
>>
>>27541989
Pay no attention to the NEET behind the curtain.
>>
>>27542052
I for one wouldn't be too upset if we got, say, 90 new pokemon and 40 alola variations. Unlike megas, the alola variations will actually effectively be new pokemon instead of just a mechanic.
>>
>>27542078
But they're not new Pokemon, just forms just like megas
>>
I just wish they had done regional from sooner. Unless they go back and do retcons, it's like saying "Look, darwin evolution, but only on this one place."

I really hope other regions get region specific forms somehow.
>>
File: 1469068103423.gif (1MB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469068103423.gif
1MB, 268x300px
Hype clouds good judgement. Reasonable to be excited but wait until they're actually out first before you and many other start bitching about them in the off chance they're bad.
>>
>>27542091
That's true, but if they have complete retypings like Sandshrew and Vulpix, they are much more varied than megastar.

I will 100% that Exeggcutor is no more a new Pokémon than a mega would've been though.
>>
>>27542091
Yeah, except not shit and able to hold and use items.

Plus they're actually designed to look a lot better than megas which were stupid as shit and just cluttered the designs with excess stripes. Even Eggsecutall is more sensible than the average mega.
>>
Well, they definitely don't look bad.
>>
>>27541822
I disagree
>>
>>27542178
Suuuure, they're basically in the very same boat and you know it. Exeggutor already looks worse than most megas. Judging that they're better than megas without even playing the game is really desperate

Not to mention that both Sandslash and Ninetales have worse typings than they had (Sandslash 4x weak to fire and fighting, Ninetales 4x weak to Steel, Exeggutor 4x weak to Ice)
>>
>>27541822
I think they'll be very average, and suffer from the same problems that I didn't like about the previous few gens (lazy design philosophy making them pathetically easy even for kids etc).

But with that said, I'm glad there are people out there who still get a lot of enjoyment out of the games, even if I no longer do.
So aside from stating my opinion, far be it from me to convince you the games will be bad. Enjoy them!
>>
>>27542091
Except megas had the same moveset their base forms do. I highly doubt an ice/fairy type will have mainly fire moves. This is the key difference that really splits them apart enough for me to accept it.
>>
>>27542781
You're forgetting that once getting megas the regula forms got new moves to match the mega
>>
>>27541929
XY was fine for being the first main game in 3d. oras though...
>>
>>27543138
I actually found ORAS to be an alright game.
The problem with it is that it took good games and made... good games. considering the last remake was HGSS, ORAS should have been godly since it used a much better base.
>>
>>27542811
I did not forget
the issue you're forgetting is that they aren't going to give kanto!vulpix ice beam, and they aren't giving alola!vulpix flamethrower.
>>
>>27542242
>ebin 4x weakness meme

Ice/steel resist 8 fucking types and ice/fairy is a great offencive typing.

Not every fucking mon needs to be in ubers
>>
>>27543217
*offensive
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.