[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delphox was probably the best starter in X/Y >"But furbait"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 19

File: 250px-655Delphox.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-655Delphox.png
50KB, 250x250px
Delphox was probably the best starter in X/Y

>"But furbait"

That's the thing, the Kalos starters were so shit that the furbait option was the only good one
>>
>>27541492
>shitty model
>RAAPAAPAAAUUU
I don't think so
>>
>>27541492
Greg is literally a fucking uber, it's better.
>>
Feminine furbait is good. But fuck bara furbait.
I want a Delphox-like Litten.
>>
>>27541506
RAAPAAPAAAUUU was the best part you dumbass
>>
My mom's traffic cone
>>
>>27541506
all of the models are shitty

>>27541508
Greninja looks like shit
>>
>>27541521
It literally wasn't.
>>
>>27541492
i think the ear hair is disgusting. apart from that it is pretty cool, even though i would prefer it to wield a longer staff like gandalf or something.
>>
Delphox will finally have a usable electric attack with Z moves. Could probably get an Ice Z move with hidden power. yfw Delphox is finally a wizard
>>
File: 1467810790250.jpg (300KB, 580x690px) Image search: [Google]
1467810790250.jpg
300KB, 580x690px
>>27541506
it sounded like
"it is time" to me

i like delphox but its clearly the worst of the three battle wise
>>
>>27541492
I have to agree, but only because he was the one that had it's concept the least fucked.

>chesnaught
I don't even know where to begin.
>greninja
Meh design that goes full retard with one little detail, the damn tongue scarf.
>delphox
shitty robe and they fuck up the worst way with the ear hair, but at least it kinda does the mage motif somewhat well.
>>
File: image.jpg (412KB, 1418x1054px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
412KB, 1418x1054px
I love Delphox! For incredibly nerdy reasons. I love its wizardly design with the long robes, sleeves, and wand. Mage is my favorite class to play in RPGs. Delphox is a fire mage! It's genuinely badass to me.

Plus it reminds me of many of my favorite magic-wielding characters, including Myrtle Snow from AHS, Gandalf from LOTR, Vivienne from DA:I, and Dumbledore from Harry Potter.

I know it gets a lot of bad rep for being fur bait, but what can you do? I'm just happy using it on my team to roast enemies.
>>
ALL THE GEN 6 STARTERS LOOKED GOOD
>>
Delphox and Greninja were great
>>
I like it, but it was pretty disappoining compared to Braixen. Not only the cry, but also I missed the stick/wand in the tail thing.
They could've give it a hat like Honchkrow or something. Would improve its design.
>>
Delphox's battle animation was the absolute worst though.
>>
>>27541492
It looks awful, fuck you.
>>
>>27541800
The mega maybe
>>
>>27542396
Going by all the sun and moon previews they're not going to update any of the animations.
>>
File: cooltriangle.png (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
cooltriangle.png
7KB, 240x240px
>>27541492
i think delphox is great but in game s just a triangle...
>>
Honestly if it had a better pose I think it'd be a lot more well-received
>>
>>27541506
>>27541800
>>27542396
>>27544445
Fuck off Chesnaughtfags.
>>
CrescentShadow samefagging hard in here
>>
Delphox is a terrible pokémon

But you probably like shitty mons like Samurott anyway
>>
I like Delphox and Braixen's designs (not a furry) partly because their attack animations were really cool, pulling out the wand and all that.

That said, as a party member Delphox was extremely dissappointing. I was expecting a cool wizard with cool wizard moves but I was stuck with the amazing selection of Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Psyshock, Will-o-Wisp and maybe some TM move instead of Fire Spin later on. I was hoping for Hypnosis (yes it gets it by breeding but that's not helpful during the main game) or some decent status moves but all it got was WoW. Such a dissappointment.
>>
I like it. I like Greninja too despite the overexposure and tonguescarf.

Gen VI had relatively good starters IMO, third or fourth best so far.
>>
File: lesstriangle.jpg (34KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
lesstriangle.jpg
34KB, 240x240px
+shoulders, i prefer this way
>>
>>27544445
I love Delphox and I wish they made her look like >>27542196
rather than a magical dorito.
>>
Tfw as soon as I saw greninja i knew I was going to choose it
Tfw his fucking tongue scarf just looked so cool .
To each their own I guess .
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 96x96px
>>27544683
I literally laughed out loud when I read "magical dorito". Yeah, I love Delphox but it's a shame that it's 3D sprite is kinda triangular.

Either way, I'm still a fan and I use it on my teams. I think if Delphox was released during Gen 5, back when they still used 2D sprites, Delphox could've had a more dynamic pose like this one.
>>
>tfw everyone who likes this mon waifus it
>tfw I have to be grouped with these faggots every time it's mentioned
>tfw still no Delphox bro
>>
>>27541800
Why the fuck do people have an issue with the ear hair. Fennec foxes have ear hair. Like, clearly visible ear hair. They're hair covered animals. It's not an issue or hygiene. I don't understand. This feels like one of those things people hate for no reason. And why is it even an issue that the model is conical/triangular too? Why is having that overall body shape bad, again?
>>
>>27544849
Gee Anon, why does your Delphox get two sticks?
>>
>>27541492
I love the art but the 3D model sucks

Truth is though you can probably say that for all of the gen 6 starters
and the gen 1 starters
>>
>>27544908
I chuckled
>>
File: Delphox 3D improve.png (295KB, 772x867px) Image search: [Google]
Delphox 3D improve.png
295KB, 772x867px
obligatory
>>
>>27544908
One is for fighting and one is for fun
>>
>>27544958
Still a cone. It didn't stop being a cone.
>>
>>27541492
I'm a full blown Chestnaught fag, and even I have to admit that Greninja was the best starter by a county mile. There's a reason that it got into smash, and Delphox didn't even get into Pokken
>>
It's by far the worse though. It should have been Fairy with it's magic, not psychic
>>
>>27545044
>fairy
No
>>
>>27541897
>chesnaught
>I don't even know where to begin
Can someone please do? Because after all this time I have no idea why Chestnaught is so disliked

>muh color
>muh shell
>muh no ears
>muh elbows

What was the conceot that Chespin had that got completely lost exactly? It was a rodent with a hat. That's it. Getting more armor makes sense.
>>
>>27544832
This. Greninja was my only non fire starter.
>>
>>27545099
He got fat, people don't like fat
>>
Team Froakie won, why is this even up for debate
>>
File: fennec_3[1].jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fennec_3[1].jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>27544882
Nigga what?

Do you see ear fuckin tentacles coming out of this thing?! That's less hair than most dogs have.

If the ear hair wasn't bigger than the ears, the head, and the fucking torso combined, it might not be so bad. And if it looked like fur instead of bozo the clown's crazy ass wig peeking out of a fursuit. Pokemon used to know how to draw fur. now it's all tentacles and flesh ribbons. TF.
>>
>>27545099
We've been over this numerous times. Just look through the archive or something, there are many things people have bashed Shitnaught for.
>>
>>27541492
people only call them shit because they didn't get what they wanted out of the evos, so they whine about it like 4 year olds
>>
>>27545099
>he can't see why Shitnaught is shit
Chesnaughtfag need to fuck off from /vp/ right now.
>>
>>27545278
You can see the ear hair. And it's not a small amouny. if I could download images right now I could find a plethora where it's even more and clear to see. Definitely not "less than most dogs have". I wouldn't say it's an identifying feature, but it has ear hair, and a lot. So the Delphox line does. What does the shape of it even have anything to do with it? Would ear hair be more appealing to you if it were a different shape? That's moving the goalposts. it's just hair. Does it being a hairy and unshaven everywhere else as an animal seem gross to you?
>>
File: 1468649486732.png (216KB, 705x821px) Image search: [Google]
1468649486732.png
216KB, 705x821px
>>27544989
Ok, happy ConeFag!

ib4: Furbait
>>
>>27545361
And everytime it's all the same retarded shit that comes down to "It's shit because I don't like it."

Every fan design looks 10 times more awful than what we got
>>
>>27546975
Sure thing, Chesnaughtfag.
>>
>>27541506
It sounded like a laugh to me, like something a witch/wizard would do.
HAHAHAAAAAA!
>>
Chesnaught is not good, but my in my headcanon it's just a Chespin wearing a mech suit so that makes it kind of cool. Unfortunately Grass/Fighting means it's not going to have a chance at relevance because Breloom exists.

Delphox is below average, it's not terrible but it's not great. I don't get all the hate for it though, people wanted a Fox Wizard and it's a fucking Fox Wizard. I think they tried to do too much with it though, I like Fennekin but it's clear the "adult" Fennekin doesn't really work with this theme.

Greninja is fucking awesome, though I think the mainstream exposure in the anime and Smash Bros is a little too much.
>>
>>27546795
Fennec foxes have relatively short fur all over. Short body fur, short tails, etc. Long ear fur is the strangest thing to exaggerate, first of all. Secondly, Pokemon almost never even delineates ear fur at all - look at all the canines, felines, etc. The most you get is 3 tiny tiny spikes at the base of the ear. And thirdly, it doesn't even look like fur. Look at arcanine's cheeks. That looks like fur. Eevee's head floof or neck, Stunky's tail even. Even in the 3D model's animation the hair moves like tentacles. The chunks are too big for the ears. The mass is too thick, and looks like it would severely weight down the ears. There's a certain level of too much. Delphox's ear hair is longer than dawn's hair, but doesn't follow the same physics. The ear hair is longer than Delphox's own sleeve fur, which is the same material. But somehow the sleeves hang down and blow in the wind, but the ear hair doesn't.

Seriously, the ear hair is a shitty design choice. Get over it.
>>
File: 1461130583133.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461130583133.webm
3MB, 406x720px
>>27547229
>Greninja and Braixen get nice comfy spots in the spotlight
>Entire Chespin line is forgotten
>>
>>27541492
Delphox doesn't look feminine to me at all. It's just a fox wearing a wizard's robe. I guess people think it's wearing a dress or something.
>>
>>27541492
>Greninja competitively viable
>Delfucks for the furfags and rare typing
>Chesnaught AS A BATTLE BROTHER AND A TRUE FOLLOWER OF THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND. 10/10 bro material.

>All 3 useful and had good movepools
>Anything is better than gen 5 starters and gen 2

Only a retard would suggest Kalos had bad starters. They are actually pretty good. Not as good as Gen 3 but we got ORAS
>>
File: chespin.png (696KB, 1085x913px) Image search: [Google]
chespin.png
696KB, 1085x913px
Am I the only one who sees it like this?
>>
What if Delphox didn't have the "dress" and just had thighs and legs to show off?
>>
>>27545219
>People don't like fat
>Only fat neckbeards even play pokemon anymore
>self hatred is real.
>>
>>27547276
Thank god. Worst starter ever.
>>
File: Braixen_concept_art.png (444KB, 904x639px) Image search: [Google]
Braixen_concept_art.png
444KB, 904x639px
>>27542341
This. Braixen had more mage/spellcaster elements than the final form. And was executed much better.
>Wand stick
>Broomstick tail when the wand isn't used
All Delphox has going for it is the robe. As the broomstick motif vanished and the wand stick isn't different. It could've been a long staff that it would constantly weld with to show that the weapon recived visual enchancement(Cubone's weapon silghtly change,Dewott's weapons change shape and size, Timburr line etc.)
>They could've give it a hat like Honchkrow or something. Would improve its design.
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>27541800
>>27547247

The ear hair suppose to resemble fire (which it clearly does). When a non autistic person sees it, they notice right away the fire typing and theme.
>>
i dont get why they made fennekin into humanoid monster. why not make it a cool four legged fox monster instead. no one likes the humanoid monsters.
>>
>>27547635
The red and yellow coloring, and the wand on fire were too subtle?
>>
File: you.png (35KB, 680x284px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
35KB, 680x284px
>no one likes the humanoid monsters.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>27547733

>the green color and onion on its back wasn't enough so they gave it a literal tree.
>>
File: 220px-Aria_Delphox[1].png (113KB, 220x299px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Aria_Delphox[1].png
113KB, 220x299px
>>27547635
It does not resemble fire any more than it's tail does. Stop pulling shit out your arse.

Even if it is fur that is supposed to resemble fire, why is it going straight out? Fire goes up. Fire being projected out of something like a flamethrower doesn't wave like that, and fire that is just burning doesn't stick out to the side like that. The "it's supposed to look like fire!!1!1" reasoning doesn't work when...it doesn't look like fire, and the character already has real fire. The Pokemon Company knows how to draw real fire. If they wanted something to look like something...they would do it.

Venasaur is a stupid comparison. They didn't make its ears look like flowers, and give it flowers. They made it plant colored and cover it in actual plants. If Delphox had real fire coming out its ears that might look cool, especially if it turned on/off/magnitudes like typhlosion's neck. It would solve the weight issue and give triangular harmony to the fire on the stick. (Called rule of threes, if you took a first year art class). As it is, the ear hair is clearly hair. The sleeves are also hair. Why do the sleeves hang when the ear fur does not?

Here, go look at Delphox in Amie. (If you don't have one, or are too lazy, here's the first video that shows up for its amie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCjf1TwMtoY)

When Delphox moves its head, the ears bounce MORE than the ear hair. The hair moves less, and often doesn't move at all when the face and ears move smaller amounts. That gives the impression that the ear hair has either autonomy, or that it's not connected to the ears. It doesn't look like it fits.

I say all this even though I LIKE Delphox. There is good reason people think the ear hair looks bad. Because it does. No pokemon has an absolutely 100% perfect design. You're just an autist that can't accept that there are flaws in your favorite waifumon.
>>
>>27548219
>If Delphox had real fire coming out its ears that might look cool

Bullshit. It'd look lame af.
>>
File: image.png (434KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
434KB, 1024x666px
>>27544592
Fuck off, Samurott is the best starter.
>>
>>27548261
I can see it going either way. Like a little burst when it was pissed off, and nothing normally might be cartoony and fun. Not all the time like charizard's tail.
>>
>>27548261
Lamer than ronald mcdonald's pube covered ginger dick? Rly? I'd prefer nothing in the ears. Have the ears stick more to the side to balance out the skirt.
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 240x240px
>>27544849
I have a male shiny Delphox named Merlin and it looks masculin enough to be a bro.
>>
>>27541492
Needs to be about 40% more fox than human

Humanoid Pokemon are just creepy to have as pets.
>>
>>27544944
True. I love Venusaur but his model looks like ass.
>>
>>27548219
I think the ear hair is meant to make it appear old and wise, maybe even resemble bushy old man ear-hair or take the place of the wizard beard without giving it an actual beard, either to keep it looking androgynous enough or because its a fucking fox and foxes dont have beards.
>>
>>27548284

He would be if the artists didn't insist on making him quadrupedal.
>>
Greninja is more furbaity. What with the human chest and thic legs
>>
>>27548475
bipedal would ruin him so much though
>>
>>27548566
he has actual frog anatomy though.
delphox is a strange looking hairy person
>>
>>27542196
>cisquisition shit
kill yourself for playing that garbage
>>
>>27548443
Foxes also don't have ear hair 4X larger than their torso or...you know...walk on two legs with a stick covered in fire. If it was just old-people ear hair like dry, coarse fur in the ear, it would work fine. Even having it be a grey hairball inside the ear would work. Having it that big and that awkward just doesn't do it for me. I don't read old, wise person, I see weird fur tongues. I already don't like clothes props etc being part of every mon of a type, but that just looks ugly and doesn't move well. The dress and vest look awkward to me, too. The whole thing was just a big miss for me.

The others I would change one or two things to make it a great design, but Delphox is just a lost cause for me.
>>
File: otters.png (1MB, 1334x712px) Image search: [Google]
otters.png
1MB, 1334x712px
>>27548475
>>27548584
Otters are primarily quadrupeds that love to stand allot. People who whine about Dewott's structural change are full of shit.
>>
>>27542196
Get out of here with your bioware crap anon
>>
>>27548831
This.
>>
I always feel like Delphox can't possibly walk straightforward when it's windy.
>>
>>27542196
>Vivienne
you opinion is shit and you should feel bad about it
>>
File: delphox_by_xous54-d6pp43z.png (181KB, 574x764px) Image search: [Google]
delphox_by_xous54-d6pp43z.png
181KB, 574x764px
Delphox got a garbage 3D model, that's the only reason it looks bad (furbait aside). It looks much better in 2D artwork and sprites than it does in XY. The model is too tall and the fur dress is too long and shaped weird when compared to official artwork. They made the ear hair too long too. The worst part is that they'll probably never fix it.
>>
>>27542196
>nigger mage
>can't even fuck her
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.