[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid /vp/ I'm afraid we're going to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 272.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
272.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
I'm afraid /vp/

I'm afraid we're going to have another ORAS on our hands where everything that'll be new in Sun and Moon will be revealed before the games come out. Not by leakers, but by magazines and directs and the ilk. That Nintendo's new policy is going to be that if people are just going to leak all their stuff that they'll just show it off to everyone first.
>>
>>27539678
I wouldn't mind
My issue with ORAS wasn't that everything leaked, it was that everything that leaked was all that was there.
>>
>>27539678
>next news dump already announced

I think you should move on from fear and start with the acceptance part.
>>
>>27539695
That's what I'm saying. I mean that Nintendo is just going to tell us everything and there's not going to be that week or two period where everyone's scrambling for news.

Where people are bitching at Canada for letting people have early copies.

Where all the fakes and real stuff is mixed together so closely at the same time you never know.

When shitty phone cam pics of sprites are all we have to work with.

That Nintendo's simply going to info dump everything.
>>
I mean,

You can circumvent this by ceasing to look at news. The game is only 3 months out.
>>
>>27539734
you misunderstood my post.

I'm saying its not knowing everything (I love knowing everything) it was the lack of content.
>>
File: 218.gif (2MB, 786x439px) Image search: [Google]
218.gif
2MB, 786x439px
>>27539770
What I'm mourning is that we're going to lose the chaotic thrill of the pre release insanity in favor of structured bursts.

Remember when XY and slowly leaking and we still had no clue how many Pokemon could actually mega evolve or not? People's reaction to Mega Gengar?

Back with Unova when people who'd seen the new Pokemon were doing crude drawings? The reaction to Tympole?

We're losing that to structured information dumps that by the time the game is out we don't get to experience any of it. We've been told all the toys we're going to have and it's just that.
>>
>>27539770

Basically don't use the internet until the game comes out unless it's for the sole purpose of business. Business that's far out of range of anybody who likes pokemon even a little bit.
>>
I want to know everything in the first place

The issue with ORAS wasn't no surprises, it's that they added nothing from Emerald except they similarly gutted the Sky Pillar and has the Champ Wallace battle
>>
>>27539678
They did that with ORAS cause they didnt have anything else to advertise (because they knew if they showed anything else people would know how much of a failure of a remake it is, but that's another story). XY was good, only the amount of new pokemon actually present hindered the amount of discovery available. Everything else about it was pretty good. As many complaints as the story gets, you gotta admit it had its surprising aspects. The sundial and Geosenge's rocks were used in an interesting matter.
>>
>>27539968
Don't forget everyone's reaction to A/Z
>>
>>27539678
Well you know, noone is exactly forcing you to watch all the new trailers and the like. You could do like many people and just avoid info until release.
>>
>>27539678
gee the people here sure can find anything to whine about
>>
I won't mind as much if they spoil everything this time because at least exploring the region in and of itself is a new experience.

I was pissed at ORAS because they spoiled everything new AND the game is already remake so there simply wasn't anything that exciting while playing the game.
>>
>>27539810
Well there has been some sort of chaos right now with the leaks. I think instead of all being just in one moment, it is spread out to keep the interest and hype going.

Its a build up, which i think its better than just waiting and then at the end getting all the same freakouts.

I also prefer having my team planned, because when I have done spontaneous runs I dont end up with my real favorites. You can miss out when you dont know that much, thats what i think.
>>
>>27540444
For me, back when I used to do blind runs, I used to end up just using my starter most of the time. When I take the time to look at whats going to be available and at least partially plan it out, I actually end up with a proper team.
>>
>>27539678

You know it comes out in three months, right?
>>
>>27539962
>whining about no Emerald content
HGSS didn't set a standard, FRLG had no Yellow content.

>gutting Sky Pillar
Why do people act like that was something sacred? I'd rather get a Wallace refight than have to climb the tower of 50/50s. And it would completely ruin the mood, one of the few Delta Episode has.

>no Champ Wallace
Steven > Wallace, cry me a river.

>>27539968
Surprising aspects don't mean a dip when you write the actual worst story in the series history.

People don't like Delta Episode when the only good part was the climax.

X/Y melded one of the worst stories in series history with the worst level design in series history to produce the first Pokemon game I actually stopped caring about.
>>
>>27542554
>HGSS didn't set a standard, FRLG had no Yellow content.

And how is that supposed to make what ORAS okay?

>Guys, they only gave a shit during HGSS, it's cool!
>>
I'm European meaning it would have all been spoiled for me anyway so I don't care
>>
>>27542554
I agree with both of your points
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.