[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone gone from an old 3DS XL to a regular New 3DS? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

Has anyone gone from an old 3DS XL to a regular New 3DS?

I want to get one and I really like the idea of faceplates. But I don't know if I'm gonna feel like the screen is too small, as the screen on the new 3DS is a whole inch smaller than the old 3DS XL.

Also - does the New 3DS better hardware do anything to improve the lag in pokemon battles?
>>
>>27539407
XYORAS is unaffected by N3DS
It is unknown if SM is affected.
>>
>>27539407
the screen is better for playing old games because it wont stretch the games [as much]

but if u are used to the big screen just go for the xl
>>
>>27539426
Unless you over clock it with Luma3DS, HANS, or NTR.
Then they don't perform half bad.
>>
>>27539456
I didn't want to touch the overclock function when testing out HANs
I assume I can simply look up what a good setting would be?
>>
>>27539407
It doesn't improve the framerate in XYORAS, but the smaller screen looks much nicer than the O3DSXL. It might help in SM.
>>
I too like the faceplayes, but non XL O3DS only has TN screens.

Many N3DS XLs have IPS, I plan to hunt used ones at gamestop for dual IPS soon.
>>
>>27539471
There's only two options, 244 and 804, iirc. Just use 804 (or whatever the higher option is, I'm having trouble remembering off-hand) if you're on N3DS.
>>
>>27539518
For someone not knowledgeable, what's the difference in TN and IPS?

I assume it's the quality, is it a big difference?
>>
>>27539407
This wouldn't be a problem if you didn't get the old XL in the first place.
>>
Just get a new 3ds xl?
>>
>>27539555
Its barely noticable and only autismos "hunt" for those. Don't fall for this meme.
>>
Where can I get one of the TPU Gel cases for the new 3DS?
>>
>>27539407
Going from XL to normal size is pretty jarring imo.

Screen size >>> the performance boost. The boost in performance is only truly noticeable in the smoothness of the home menu, in-game you don't really notice much.
>>
File: .png (705KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
.png
705KB, 800x599px
>>27539555
>>27541551
IPS on the left
TN on the right
>>
File: file.png (782KB, 800x617px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
782KB, 800x617px
>>27543142
From the other side so you can't say one was closer than the other
>>
>>27543147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZhWymR4Z6w&feature=youtu.be
And video
>>
>>27543147
Oh ok, that's good to know. So there is no way to tell what kind of screen you will get without opening the box?
>>
>>27543195
No you have no idea until you turn the screen on. Even similar model #'s have been known and proven to come in either IPS or TN.

The only thing you can do with model #s is figure out with firmware it's on. This is only relevant if you feel like doing homebrew or ahl9. That's also if the store doesn't open their units and upgrades them beforehand.
>>
OP I had the old 3DSXL and changed to regular n3DS.
My hands are really big,not gigantic but big(I'm 6'4"/1.92m) "for you"
Anyway it feels comfortable even though it's smaller and even the screen is okay,almost better than the XL one
>>
>>27539407
I had 3DSXL before I bought my regular N3DS. Didn't have any problems getting used to a smaller screen. I even thought that it was more comfortable.
>>
>>27543241
>That's also if the store doesn't open their units and upgrades them beforehand.
Most stores in the US cannot advertise them as "new" if they are opened, much less if powered on and upgraded.
>>
File: 20160804_090639.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_090639.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>27543147
Mine seems to be ips/tn
>>
>>27539407
Going from an XL model to a non-XL model is terrible. Once you're used to the XL size you can't go smaller.
>>
>>27544230
It's possible to have IPS/TN, IPS/IPS, and TN,TN
>>
>>27544239
YOU can't
It's subjective man
>>
>>27544515
Yeah. And skydiving is scary. Except it's not, for some people.
Of course it's subjective. Everything is.
>>
>>27544239
I am selling my XL this morning after getting my bundle N3DS loaded with a CFW.

Not having pixellated lines from stretched games is worth it.
>>
>>27539407
I switched to regular n3DS from XL around the time it came out in the UK and it feels so much nicer. The screen feels a lot cleaner since pixels don't get stretched as much.
>>
>>27539407
I'd if they released the black variant for NA instead of the white one
>>
File: 51AEDQQY6QL.jpg (42KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
51AEDQQY6QL.jpg
42KB, 500x403px
Why did people start to care so much about pixel density over screen size all of a sudden?
Picture very related.
>>
>>27539407
I actually used to have an old 3DS XL and upgraded to a regular N3DS.

These are the differences I noticed:

The image on the regular N3DS looks sharper, especially text. I remember the text would look kinda bubbly and almost blurry on my old 3DS XL.

My N3DS runs out of battery faster than my old 3DS XL. I've had to lower the brightness setting, turn off wifi, and turn off sound to maximize longevity. However, you can play while it's connected to a power socket.

The screen is definitely noticeably smaller. I actually miss the bigger screen. I'm seriously considering selling my N3DS for a N3DS XL.

The faceplates are nice though. I've had to import them from Japan, and some are a bit pricey.

It feels comfortable enough, and it's not as heavy as the XL. However the stylus is on the smaller side, but it's not that bad.
>>
>>27545147
How many hours of battery do you get while playing games?
>>
>>27546945
I never measured, but when I had the sound off, 3D off, wifi off, and brightness on the maximum setting, my 3DS would be down to three bars after an hour of gameplay. I find myself having to charge it more often than my old 3DS XL.

You can offset this by playing while it's plugged into a power socket. That's what I've been doing lately.
>>
>>27547173
Yeah, that's how I've always played Nintendo handhelds, when convenient. Try replacing the battery, yours might just be bad. I think if everyone had that level of battery issues, there would be articles and shit.
>>
>>27539407
I did. I like the regular N3DS the most. It was weird going to a smaller screen, but I got used to it. I dunno if games run better or not tho.
>>
>>27543142

Both are TNs with different brightness settings

IPS 3DS dont exist
>>
>>27545147
>My N3DS runs out of battery faster than my old 3DS XL.
The N3DS XL has better battery life. The non XL models have shit battery life.
>>
>>27548489
do 3ds go back to factory settings after transferring all your shit to a New 3DS XL? I wanna sell it without anyone finding my nudes.
>>
>>27543142
Alright, now show them from the front. Like the angle you actually look at your 3DS, faggot.
>>
File: image.png (55KB, 194x231px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55KB, 194x231px
>Thinking about getting a New 3DS because my circle pad is busted and I can only play games that let you move with the D-pad
>Know it'll be a waste if the NX plays 3DS games

What would you do?
>>
>>27545090
How many of those even sold?
Anyway if you go with bigger screens without adjusting the res everything just looks like pure shit.
>>
>>27548489
>The N3DS XL has better battery life. The non XL models have shit battery life.
The difference is about half an hour you know
>>
>>27550694
More like a whole hour.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.