[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no wild pokemon left in Orre? Do you think there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Why are there no wild pokemon left in Orre? Do you think there ever were or has it always been a wasteland?
>>
File: image.png (195KB, 832x582px)
image.png
195KB, 832x582px
Bumping because this is a pretty interesting topic desu.

But anyways, there are wild Pokemon in the form of poke spots. Also I believe it mentions that Orres Pokemon are shipped from the Hoenn region, but I'm not too positive on that.
>>
>>27535908
Because t is a spin-off game focused on storytelling and double battles and not on catching pokémon
>>
>>27536013
I'm talking about "in Universe" you rascal.
>>27535982
>Orres Pokemon are shipped from the Hoenn region.

I feel like I vaguely remember this being mentioned as well. This just makes the mystery all the more interesting as it implies a need for these pokemon to be there -- filling a void left behind by extinct pokemon maybe?
>>
I'm going to stick with it being a wasteland through and through, the only pokemon that live there being imports or very select oasiss of activity.
>>
Wasteland doesn't really work, as the desert should still be able to support certain ground and fire types. and then there's the lush area to the left.
Maybe it has to do with over-catching?
>>
They start returning during the course of XD though. Granted, there's only 9 different species you could catch, but whatever the hell happened in Orre, the environment is beginning to recover.

Citadark Isle will probably remain a fucked hellhole though.
>>
File: 1469154475748.png (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469154475748.png
99KB, 600x600px
>>27538032

>XD
>>
W-we'll revisit one day and get Orre exclusive forms one day r-right anons?
>>
>>27536086
>filling a void left behind by extinct Pokemon

I feel like this could've been due to either two things:

Firstly, Team Snagem catching most of the wild Pokemon causing there to be little to none in the wild.

And the more likely one; shadow Lugia or another powerful Pokemon killing off all wild Pokemon in Orre ala AZ's machine.
>>
File: 560.gif (187KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
560.gif
187KB, 500x274px
>>27538103
>>
Not to be autistic but I think it would be a fun art project to design some pokemon native to orre that are now extinct. If anyone wants to join in on that feel free.
>>
>>27538167
I think it has more to do with the fact that not much of the region has been settled. Phenac City and Gateon Port are really the only two settlements that have managed to thrive there. Seeing as how there's not much of a police force present in the region (even less than implied in others) it's no small wonder that Snagem and Cipher were running around snatching up pokemon left and right for experiments. Hell, in Colosseum, Cipher more or less has free reign over the place, and probably would have sold off Shadow Pokemon to criminal syndicates outside of Orre had Wes not stepped in.

Also, fuck this thread. It makes me wish for a romhack based on the sequel hook at the end of Gale of Darkness.
>>
File: image.png (156KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156KB, 600x700px
>>27538422
>sequel

Yes seriously there really needs to be a new Orre game. My first Pokemon game ever was XD and from there I've been hooked. I would love to relive the journey around Orre in new gen graphics.
>>
>>27538497
If they do a sequel, I'd like to see it set outside Orre for once. Maybe even go the BW2 route and set the game in a preexisting region, with the protag trying to track down Ardos and stopping him from selling shadow pokemon to the local crime syndicate.
>>
>>27538565
That would be really great. To add, Orre could be the post game and you could revisit some of the old places and participate in the tournaments in the original towns. Also Mt. Battle would be great to revisit.
>>
>>27535908

I like the theory that someone pulled something like the Kalos weapon off. Probably in Pyrite Town, based on the structure there, or near the Outskirt stand's location.

Or it could just be it's a mostly inhospitable shithole, and it's the human effect on the environment bringing pokemon to it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.