[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apart from the very basics, what should I know about egg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon-go-egg.jpg (35KB, 1000x556px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go-egg.jpg
35KB, 1000x556px
Apart from the very basics, what should I know about egg hatching in Pokemon Go?
>>
>>27529454
Microwave it with a turntable to simulate walking
>>
>>27529454
Well just about nothing else.

You probably already know that 2km is piss easy Pokemon, 5km has slightly rarer choices that you'd need to move for, and 10km are pretty rare Pokemon and Eevee right?
>>
File: how_to_hatch_eggs_pokemon_go.png (596KB, 620x1104px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_hatch_eggs_pokemon_go.png
596KB, 620x1104px
>>27529454
I feel like wherever you are depends on the outcome of the egg. Can any anon add to that or debunk for me?
>hatches two 2km egg in water area = magikarp
>hatches one 10km egg where I previously caught Jynx = Jynx
>hatvhes one 10km egg near my neighborhood where there so happens to be Pinsirs = Pinsir

I'd love if anybody can add on to their experiences. I have a 10km egg in the incubator and want to increase my chances of a Snorlax.
>>
Bike riding is the best way to do it. Walking takes too long, and driving in a car won't register over 15 mph.

If you have multiple incubators, put the highest distance egg in your disposable one and use your infinite incubator for the shorter distance eggs.

And of course as a general rule don't use your candies and stardust until at LEAST level 20. Eggs give you a lot of candy and dust and mons that are likely higher level than the average wild pokemon at your level, so you'll be tempted, but hold out. As soon as you evolve something, a stronger version will show up and you'll kick yourself for wasting candy.
>>
>>27529567
I hatched a Growlithe, Exeggcute, and a Venonat in the same place, where only Rattata's, Pidgeys, and occasional Eevees seem to spawn... (I live in a rural area, hatched those eggs in the woods where there are no pokestops or gyms.)

Not sure if that really adds anything, but it seems to contradict what you just said. Very interested in hearing more about this though.
>>
>>27529601
I tried to get some egg hatching done when I biked recently and for a 25km ride I only got 1-2km of steps in, does the phone need to be loose in your pockets for it to register? I made sure the app stayed open and everything
>>
I was wondering something, when I'm on the game and I turn my data off my character is still moving on the map but I can't do anything else, does that still count for hatching eggs ?
>>
>>27529454
Eggs don't seem to track your distance traveled very well. It seems to just take your present location every 5 minutes, draw a line to your location 5 minutes ago, and award you distance equal to the length of the line. So, if you're walking in a loop around a short park, or something, you don't get much distance at all. You're better off just walking far away in a straight line and then turning around to come back.

Also, from what I've seen, longer distance give you more candy for the pokemon that hatch out of them, in addition to those pokemon being rarer. Can anyone corroborate?
>>
>>27529567
No, because then surely Pokémon not native to your area wouldn’t hatch? I know of people in the UK who’ve hatched Kangaskhan and Tauros.
>>
>>27529567
This doesn't fit with what I've seen. Where I live, Fire pokemon are very rare, but I've managed to hatch a few.
>>
>>27529567
Literally every 2k egg I've had was pidgey, rat, or zibat. And I have never gotten a 10k
>>
>>27529756
I think the amount of candy you get is related to the CP of the hatched pokemon, I hatched two Omanytes and I got 19 from a ~180 CP and 30 from a ~330 CP one.
>>
>>27529932
I got a a geodude and charmander on my two first 2k eggs but I'm getting shitmons from 5k eggs and got snorlax from a 10k egg
>>
Prioritize the 2km eggs and switch to 5km when you don't have nay more. Use the free incubators to clear out the km eggs faster once you have only 5km, but keep a couple set aside in case you find a 10km. use incubators on 10km if you can.
>>
>>27531920
why would you do that? 2km eggs give shit pokemanz
>>
>>27532999
To get them out of your inventory sooner so that you can reroll for 5km and 10km eggs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.