[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to put a new typing into the game what would it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 2491918-0553761649-Pokem.png (407KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2491918-0553761649-Pokem.png
407KB, 2000x2000px
If you had to put a new typing into the game what would it be and what pokemon would be it?
>>
>>27528252
I wouldn't totally add a new one, per se, but I'd rename "Normal" to "Beast" or something else. I've always thought it's a terribly bland "type" choice and just doesn't make sense when it comes to "Normal/X" dual-types.
>>
>>27528252
>>
>>27528252
primal for all fossil pkm, replacing the rock type and including a jurrasic park story line to have more than just 2 per generation
>>
>>27529148
>porygon is now a beast type
>>
>>27528252
Cosmic
>>
>>27528252
Sound type. Or if we really want get realy crazy, Magic type.
>>
File: 1465850702993.jpg (41KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1465850702993.jpg
41KB, 600x503px
>>27529213
>porygon is retconned as electric type
>it now has adaptability discharge
>>
Food type just to piss some fuckers off xD
>>
>>27528252

Light and/or sound.
>>
Sound is the only one I want.
>>
I'd do space/cosmic type. There seem to be enough Pokemon with alien origins nowadays to warrant a type.
>>
File: 1466037355823.png (224KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466037355823.png
224KB, 500x500px
>>27530157
>>27530079
>>27529408
I always hear this about a sound type, but never really got the idea behind it. Only ones i cant think of that would fit it are the Whismur line, Chatot and Meloetta. Could a friendly anon explain it to me?
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (865KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
865KB, 1813x2111px
>>27529159
>Thinnr
>Paint
>Chrome
>Candy
>Blood
>Mist and water being seperate
>>
>>27531079
this

>SM legendaries
>clefairy line
>solrock lunatone
>minior
>gen 5 aliens i can't remember the names of
>deoxys

could be pretty cool desu
>>
>>27528252
Some spin-off from Psychic type, like how Fairy was a spin-off from normal.

"Cosmic" or something, There could be a better name.

I had a whole list of pokemon, but I'm not going to dump it here: basically psychic types who have a stronger connection with being from outer space or extradimensional, than having ESP or something.
Starmie and Deoxys are my token examples.

The whole idea of "space" pokemon has been there since gen1, the same as "fairy" pokemon existing in the ambiguity of Normal typing.

>>27529408
Sound is a subclass of moves and mechanics. It's already a thing.
>>
>>27530157
What exactly would sound be weak/strong against?
>>
>>27529148
The more important thing IMO would be to change "Flying" to "Air". Then remove Levitate as an ability and add it as an additional feature in a Pokémon's description.
>>
Bone type. Basically a more physical kind of ghost type. Has a lot of bones and undead stuff.

Plastic type. For artificial and digitally based pokemon
>>
Artificial (Golems, robots), Acid, Magic, Divine, Light
>>
>>27529148
Why don't we just add beast and retcon a shitton of typings?
Pokémon that shoudl stay Normal are stuff like...
> Chansey line
> Eeevee
> Porygon line
> Castform
> Kecleon
> Regigigas
> Arceus
> Audino
> Jigglypuff line
> Girafarig
> Azurill
> Swablu
> Chatot
> Meloetta
> Fletchling
> Helioptile
and possibly some of the regional birds.
Would also make more sense for some moves to stay normal type.
>>
>>27531392
Acid is close enough to Poison, Magic and Divine are close enough to Fairy, in my opinion. Light and artificial sounds decent, though.
>>
Cosmic.
Sound.
Wind.
Light.
Atomic.
Shadow.
>>
File: HotDog.jpg (12KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
HotDog.jpg
12KB, 300x195px
Food type for Vanillite.
>>
>>27531114
Well, think about like this, if they're gonna make a new type, obviously they're gonna make new Pokemon of that type, not just retype what you just mentioned and stop there.
>>
>>27531114
Not him, and I personally don't like the idea, but the reasoning is thar besides the lines you mentioned (and Noivern) there's a bunch of moves that are "sonic" based, and a lot have this shared attribute of going through substitute.

Moves I can think of off the top of my head that could be sound are Growl, Uproar, Sonic Boom, Supersonic, Boomburst, Sing, and Perish Sing.

It's not the greatest idea (or name for the type for sure), but I also agree that "Normal" is a retarded type and phasing it out of some 'mons could be nice.
>>
>>27531114
Jigglypuff line, and moves like supersonic, sonic boom, screech, and sleep talk
>>
>>27531079
Fairy is kind of like that, with all the moon themed stuff being fairy.
>>
synthetic type

ties in with the game, evil team creates synthetic pokemon to replace all natural ones. synthetic is neither weak nor strong against any other type unless it has a secondary type.

porygon line is synthetic type
>>
>>27531114
Sound is an incomplete concept for a type.
A Pokemon type should include some concept of how that type would describe how a Pokemon like, physically exists: what they would be weak or resistant to. Sound mostly just describes how the pokemon attacks, which is appropriate because... It's already a subclass of moves with unique rules, and abilities that make you immune or resistant. That's enough.
>>
>>27531243
>27531243
weak to light, dark, bug
strong against ice, rock, psychic
>>
>>27531166
>ice and water being separate
>>
>>27531907
>with all the moon themed stuff being fairy.
>the moon legendary is not Fairy
>the move Lunar dance is not Fairy
?

By the way, if I had to make completely new system of types it would be:
>Normal
>Air
>Fire
>Water
>Earth (Rock + Ground)
>Metal
>Electric
>Ice
>Martial (a better name for Fighting)
>Light
>Dark
>Poison
>Plant
>Psychic
>Magic
>Space
Bug and Dragon are removed since they don't really make sense as types.
If I had to add a type into the current system, then Sound I suppose.
>>
>>27532000
>Psychic is an incomplete concept for a type.
>A Pokemon type should include some concept of how that type would describe how a Pokemon like, physically exists: what they would be weak or resistant to. Psychic mostly just describes how the pokemon attacks
>>
>>27532090
Moonblast
Moonlight
Clefairy line
>>
>>27532186
Sure, but explain Lunaala and Lunar Dance then? Oh, and Lunatone.
>>
>>27532218
What I said that, I didn't literally mean all moon themed stuff, I meant "all of the things that were moon themed that were changed"
>>
>>27530079
>>27531392
>>27531728
>>27531473
>light
Why? Fairy moves cover light based attacks and we don't even have an actual dark type.
>>
Fish type to lower the amount of water types
>>
Alien type.
>>
>>27528252
Light. Only makes sense since they have dark. A new eeveelution is a good place to start, make it kind of crystalline.

I have some other ideas but they're kind of Yokai Watch-ish.
>>
Bird type.
Pidgey, Spearow, Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Braviary and all their relatives + Fletching: Bird/Flying
Doduo, Dodrio: pure Bird
Scarmory: Steel/Bird
Murkrow, Mandibuzz and relatives: Bird/Dark
Moltres, Ho-Oh, Talonflame: Bird/Fire
etc. you got the idea
Peck, Drill Peck, Pluck, Feather Dance, Roost, Mirror Move, Wing Attack and Brave Bird are retyped into Bird-type moves.
>>
>>27528252
Moist type. It's not all the way water it's just a little damp.

Hero type.

Dust type
Lava type
Steam type
Mud type
>>
Sound type

Jigglypuff line, Koffing line (maybe), Hoothoot line, Ludicolo?, Whismur line, Milotic?, Chimeco line, Kricketot line, Chatot, Mienshao?, Meloetta, Noibat line

Make an eeveelution and a rotom for it

Strong against: ice(sucks to be ice) water, psychic
NVE against: Rock, Dark, Steel, Sound

Resists: Psychic, Water, Sound
SE by: Dark
>>
>>27532719
>Depleting normal of even more moves and pokemon

This is why I hate sound type.
>>
>>27528252
Synthetic type

Porygon, Voltorb, etc, etc
>>
>>27532719
>resists psychic
>weak to dark
fuck you
>>
>>27532124
You're a faggot arent you?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.