[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's better: original (Red), new (FireRed) or ROMhack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: PokémonBrown.jpg (394KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PokémonBrown.jpg
394KB, 640x640px
What's better: original (Red), new (FireRed) or ROMhack (brown)? Not just for Pokemon Red but for all the games. What ones should I play?
>>
>>27527358
>Pikipek evo
>>
Brown is REALLY different than either of those.
It's like playing a fiber dream that just keeps on going.
>>
If it's literally your first pokemon game:
Go FireRed/LeafGreen

If you know your way around the game already:
Go Platinum/heartgold/soulsilver/Black2/White2
>>
>>27527499

i played Pokemon Red, Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Ruby originally. Maybe a few more. I played Pokemon Platinum I think a couple of years after it came out.

Why skip FireRed/LeafGreen?

>>27527422
How is it different? I have never played one of these ROMhacks before.
>>
>>27527358
FRLG.
>>
>>27527562
It's been a long time since I played it but I think the game has a completely custom region that looks nothing like Kanto.

It's also more difficult and has some weird design and gameplay choices that are understandable since the guy was really young when he made that game.
>>
>>27527666

Ah, right.

Some one recommended Ash something as an alternative to FireRed to me anyway
>>
>>27527714
AshGray?

I never played that but I also heard a couple of good things about it.

But seriously dude, if you really wanna get into romhacks it's best to start with the actual games first in my opinion.
>>
>>27527756

I mean I played Pokemon Blue (Pokemon Red too, I think) so it's a question of FRLG or a romhack(Ash Gray)
>>
>>27527562
>Why skip fireRedLeafGreen

Because if you already played other games, it has nothing to offer to you. maybe just the "look this is kanto" factor, but there's nothing new or exciting.
>>
>>27528335
FRLG as the Sevii islands and a postgame.
That's a lot of new content.
>>
>>27527358
>what ones
When you have something to choose from, you use "which", thus "what ones" would be contradictive and wrong.

tl;dr
>"what" if nothing specific is stated
>"which" if something specific is stated
>>
>>27528829

But you didn't answer the question which you were able to grammatically correct, meaning you understood it.
>>
>>27528876
All I had to say about the topic, though. Felt like you should know, because it expands your knowledge on the language you're speaking.

Also, it depends what you would say "better" is.
Gen 1 should only be played out of nostalgia, or if you like the simplicity. It feels way more like a prototype of Pokemon nowadays. And its sprites might be horrendous to some, but it feels more like a monster game because of that.

FireRed should be played, if you wanna play an actual Pokemon game with a little more advanced mechanics that expands on the original game.

Brown is completely different and should be played, if you don't wanna play something that you somewhat know already.
>>
>>27528642
>Sevii islands and a postgame
Oh look, it's fucking nothing!
>>
>>27529166
That's what your mom said when she gave birth to you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.