[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do genwunners defend such shit games that are obviously broken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Pkmn._yellow_boxart.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pkmn._yellow_boxart.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
Why do genwunners defend such shit games that are obviously broken? I'm replaying Pokémon Yellow currently and it's a fucking mess. How do they defend this shit?
>>
>>27523235
Nostalgia goggles+never actually playing pokemon besides GO
>>
>>27523235

The way sleep works, the built in miss chance, even on 100% moves and the way bind and wrap work are so aggravating.

How can anyone say these games are good when compaed to any of the new gens, even X and Y???
>>
>>27523235
If there was a no Yellow you wouldnt be here dumbass. Of course its not perfect but still fun.
>>
They're not broken though. Most of the things anti-genwunners complain about are just tech limitations or just how the mechanics worked at the time. It's like going to play Emerald and complaining that the game is broken just because Outrage is special or playing Super Mario and complaining the game is broken because you can't move left or use ground pounds. Gen 1 games are perfectly playable.
>>
>>27523484
Obviously, I'm glad they existed to usher in the franchise, but they're not nearly good enough for all the praise and love they get from genwunners who won't acknowledge anything past gen2. It's just annoying.
>>
>>27523358
>old games are only popular because of GO

Yet without GO, you faggots would still shit on RBY for being popular because of the Virtual Console release.

And without the VC versions, you faggots would say they're only popular because they were first.

You losers need to get a life.
>>
File: 1441819506998.jpg (524KB, 1500x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1441819506998.jpg
524KB, 1500x1796px
>Pokemon RBY are made compatible with Pokébank
>Not glorious FRLG
>>
Honestly unless you're into the "competitive" scene a lot of the balance and game mechanics quirks or Gen 1 really don't matter. If your goal is just to play though the game and beat the elite 4+catch mewtwo, your experience playing through the game wont be that different than playing FR/LG. Most "genwunners" just like the designs of 1st gen pokemon the most. Gen 1 also has shitty sprites (yellow fixed most of them though) , but I don't think "genwunners" think they look better than the revised versions in newer gens.
>>
>>27523516
>genwunners
>won't acknowledge anything past gen2

First, you just contradicted yourself.

Second, just because Gen 1 was your first/favorite game doesn't mean you stopped playing in 2001, you fucking retard. All of my friends (do you know what those are?) had either RBY or GSC as their first game, and only have a problem with Gens 5 (for being retardly over/poorly-designed) and 6 (not with the Pokemon, but with the game for being so handholdy).

Kys.
>>
File: 0oa48mFl.jpg (49KB, 640x640px)
0oa48mFl.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>27523488
This
>>
>>27523636
It's a well known fact that gen 1 is lumped in with gen 2 when it comes to genwunners. Get out, summer.
>>
>>27523694
>I can't think of a good response
>lol summer xd
>>
>/vp/ actually thinks genwunner is an insult

This is one of those words you'd never here in real life.

"Hey man you like any of these specific 151 Pokemon? Why are you such a genwunner bro?"

"God don't you care about this mess...? Like the wrap attack that only 3 Pokemon will ever use! You're such a genwunner!"

That's a nice way to lose friends
>>
>Gen 1 was a bunch of Lego bricks scattered on the ground.
>Gen 2-7 are a bunch of Lego bricks made into a tower.

Gen 1 had good ideas, but a very bad execution when going back to play them.
While the Other Gens knew what they were going for, and built up from the last.
>>
>>27523764
>Gen 1 had good ideas, but a very bad execution

The "bad execution" that's been rehashed for 20 years? Three starters, 8 badges, Pokedex, bad team, HM,
>>
>>27523802
No, those are the good ideas
>>
>>27523488
Whoa, hello rational anon. Rare to see you here.
>>
>>27523819
HMs aren't
>>
>>27523753
If you act the way you act on 4chan in general you won't have any friends. What's your point?
>>
>>27523802
>Pokedex
A visual Library for people to know what Pokemon they've seen, Caught, and find Location.

>8 Badges
Pretty much the Boss Battles of the game.

>Three Starters
Nothing wrong at all here.

>HM
What's wrong with having Special Moves that do certain things?

I'm speaking on the ideas they had with how types worked against each other, the glitches, how some parts of the game feel clunky and unpolished. Granted it was the first game, but little things like Charizard not being able to learn Fly in Red/Blue, is what I'm partly talking about.
>>
>>27523381
>How can anyone say these games are good
Most people are just referring to the pokemon line up, not the game mechanics.
>>
>>27523488
This. The games are not broken, they just work differently from the later entries in the series due to mostly intentional design choices, and partially tech limitations. Most of the things people complain about in Gen 1 are just the intended game mechanics working as intended, and the rest are related to intrinsic problems with GB (and to an extent GBC) coding that are usually blown way out of proportion. The games work fine. Get a Persian, get Slash, and git gud.
>>
>>27524025
>"The games are not broken"

Not in gameplay for the most part, but it's not perfect.

>Special Att. and Def being one Stat, making mostly Psychic Pokemon OP.
>Actively about to catch any Pokemon in the game, via a glitch with Special Stat.
>You could brake your game via a glitched Pokemon.
>>
>>27523235

The game is broken, the mon designs are good though.
>>
>>27524129
Psychic types were intended to be OP. Balance, as a concept, was not a goal of the gen 1 games. The other two things would only happen if the player was trying to abuse coding limitations. These are both non-issues. Keep in mind, gen 1 is by no means my favorite gen (5>4>3>2>1>6 masterrace reporting in), but they work about as well as could be expected, considering the limitations of the tech of the time.
>>
>>27523235
It was the 90's man, things were different
>>
File: 1368202105782.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1368202105782.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>27523381
>gen 1 bind
>>
>>27524284
>2 that low
2 was the perfect streamlined pokemon game without all the overblown bullsiht contest stuff.
>>
>>27523235
What rustles my jimmies the most are the blatant programming mistakes. The wrong "It's super effective messages" or the fact that psycho pokemon are immun to ghost attacks. Also the item and pokemon menus were a nightmare, they were so clunky.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.