[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have GameFreak never allowed the player to have more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: pk plt.jpg (134KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
pk plt.jpg
134KB, 1000x500px
Why have GameFreak never allowed the player to have more than one save file?

It's really inconvenient and basically leaves you with two choices:
A: Play once and never again, thus retaining your original team and having some sort of sentimentality, but meaning you can never replay again. Short use.

B: Re-run as many times as you want, but thus losing the emotional bond towards your team, and deleting your original save.

Basically I want to re-run Platinum, but I don't really want to to delete my current League winning team.

Should I just suck it up and delete?
>>
>>27520288
transfer your team to BW before you reset
buy another copy/version of the game
use an emulator if you can't/don't want to do either of those
>>
>>27520288
>going through the story more than once

Literally why? After the story you should be breeding Pokemon and battling real people.
>>
>>27520305
This. Seriously. Just about everyone should have an original DS along with the 3DS, do transferring should be simple.
>>
They're too busy writing dialogue about loving and caring for le pokemon
>>
just emulate it
>>
>>27520316
Because nostalgia.
>>
>>27520316
To build and raise a new team than before, use new Pokemon.

I haven't played Platinum since I last completed it when it originally came out, and I just wanted to re-run it now.

It would be fun, but I don't want to delete my current team. So many memories
>>
>>27520305
Good points.
I'm actually considering buying another copy of the game on Ebay or something, but it just seems so stupid considering I already have the game.

I borrowed my friend's 3DS to play all of the 3DS exclusive Pokemon games, and am buying a 2DS soon, so perhaps I will wait.

Emulator just doesn't feel the same as playing on my DS, especially for nostalgia.
>>
>>27520357
>To build and raise a new team than before, use new Pokemon.

You can do that (and do it better) by battling real people though.

>It would be fun, but I don't want to delete my current team. So many memories

Then transfer them up if you care that much. I mean come on dude it's just data.
>>
>>27520343
emulating a Pokemon game will NEVER feel as good as playing it on a console
>>
File: jews-suck-money-596x330.png (21KB, 596x330px) Image search: [Google]
jews-suck-money-596x330.png
21KB, 596x330px
>>27520288
>Why have GameFreak never allowed the player to have more than one save file?
Why would you and your bro/gf/whoever buy two versions then if you could just share one cartridge?
>>
>>27520288

To encourage buying more than 1 version. How is this not obvious?
>>
>>27520448

You're not supposed to buy both, you're supposed to have friends.
>>
>>27520288
They don't allow more than one save file ao you can't "cheat" at the moments there is a choice (starters, fossils, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee) and "unique" Pokémon like legendaries, Snorlax, Sudowoodo, etc.

If you had more than one save, you could get one, transfer to a friend, then transfer to the other save. That way, even if you need aid as you could never transfer between saves without having another game as a bridge, your friend doesn't "lose" anything.

TLDR: Pokémon games have only one save file to encourage trading.

As simple as that.
>>
>>27520431
yeah it sucks.
For such a big game as Pokemon though, you'd think that they'd try and cater to the customer a bit more, rather than making as much money as possible at the cost of game quality
>>
>>27520413
you're right, it will feel better due to save states and fast forwarding

the only thing that feels better on a console is finding a shiny
>>
>>27520462

It's so parents have to buy multiples for their kids
>>
>>27520448
I understand that, but I just thought that a franchise as big as Pokemon now, would try and make the player's experience better, rather than trying to make negligible money to the detriment of the game
>>
>>27520431
>>27520448
Wrong

>>27520462
>>27520467
Real answer. It's basic game design, if you don't understand you're either 12 or mentally handicapped
>>
>>27520462

Are you implying your friends are going to let you save over their file? Having 1 save slot means you can have to buy another version if you want to play through the game again without restarting and losing everything.
>>
>>27520506
Hello GameFreak shill

You really expect me to believe one save file is to encourage trading e.t.c rather than to force people to buy multiple games and thus make more money?

You're deluded. Companies make vital decisions like this to make money, not pander to the customer.
Obviously they're going to claim it's for trading and whatnot, but it clearly isn't
>>
>>27520509

Having 2 versions of the game and only one save slot on each cartridge is to facilitate social interaction between players. Nevermind the fact that there's literally 100% never any reason to play the main story ever again It's been mostly the same since 1997

If you want to keep your imaginary friends and play the story again for whatever reason, either transfer them to another game or use an emulator.
>>
>>27520531
>>27520531
>You really expect me to believe one save file is to encourage trading e.t.c rather than to force people to buy multiple games and thus make more money?

Yes, because that's literally why it exists. Why else would they create version exclusives and trade evolutions on a handheld console where multiplayer games were almost non existent? Just because people are fucking retarded and actually buy a second console and both versions doesn't mean Game Freak and Nintendo are out to fuck us over.
>>
>>27520548
>Nevermind the fact that there's literally 100% never any reason to play the main story ever again It's been mostly the same since 1997

Nice opinion. You realize the vast majority of the fanbase only cares about the single player and never touches competitive right? The only fun part about pokemon for me is running through the story, catching new teammates, beating gyms/E4 and using different teams is time.

>If you want to keep your imaginary friends and play the story again for whatever reason, either transfer them to another game or use an emulator.

"Use an emulator" is not an excuse. Assuming emulators didn't exist, how would play through them? GF expects people to want to play the over the story again and makes money out of it.
>>
>>27520288
emulator
>>
>>27520577

Having multiple saves wouldn't stop people from trading for version of exclusives or trade evos, so you're wrong.
>>
>>27520597
>The only fun part about pokemon for me is running through the story, catching new teammates, beating gyms/E4 and using different teams is time.

Then you should have no issues just restarting your game or playing an emulator.

>Assuming emulators didn't exist, how would play through them?

By restarting the save because I don't get attached over digital animals that I haven't looked at in almost 10 years.
>>
>>27520611
And what about fossils and starters and other choices?

In Gen I, there was only an Eevee and one of the starters, and only one Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee. You had to negotiate with other players so they trade you one of those unique Pokémon (temporally or forever).

Breeding didn't exist, as either did GTS. That was the only way to get them.

The game is designed around completing the story ONCE and then build your ultimate Pokémon team by trading with other people and help them and INTERACT.

If you're such an autist you want to do all this by yourself or you want to play the story multiple times for whatever reason, the game is not designed for that, so you need to cash in and buy more copies of the game.

There are other games that don't let you more than one save, for similar reasons, it's not a Pokémon thing it's game design
>>
>>27520805
>the game is not designed for that, so you need to cash in and buy more copies of the game.

So you admit the single save slot encourages people to buy more than 1 copy.
>>
>>27520876
>So you admit the single save slot encourages people to buy more than 1 copy.

No because you still have options to replay the story without buying another copy. You just don't want to do it.
>>
>>27520891

>You just don't want to do it

I already do it, I'm not going to buy multiple copies of the same game. It's still obvious GF does a single save slot to jew players and parents.
>>
>tfw i only need 10 pokemon to complete de national dex of sinnoh
>tfw i want to replay Pearl again
>>
>>27520531
I can't tell if it's funny or sad that you don't think encouraging trading is just as much of a marketing ploy.
>hey, this game is designed so you can't complete it on your own
>you need other people playing the game as well
>hey, why don't you go get your friends to play it with you?
>we've got all kinds of multiplayer features!
You really think there are more people who buy two copies than there are people who get other people to buy so they'll have someone to play with?
>>
>>27520929
What 10 pokemon do you need to catch/see?
Don't replay until you have them all
>>
>>27520957
By this logic making a game really good is a marketing ploy
>>
>>27520597
There's a difference between playing multiplayer and going full competitive.

Though you'd need friends who both play pokemon and are not autistic about competitive play to do this.
>>
File: 150901-news-idriselba.jpg (126KB, 840x1170px) Image search: [Google]
150901-news-idriselba.jpg
126KB, 840x1170px
>>27520413
Who /R4/ here?
>>
It's very simple, you trade your Pokemon to a separate game, and erase your file to start over.

Why keep your Pokemon in the same file, if you don't even play it anymore?
Just trade and make a new file.
>>
File: 1462904790254.png (77KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
1462904790254.png
77KB, 192x154px
>>27520316
>spend $40 on a game
>only play it once
>>
>>27524670
>playing Pokemon after the age of 12
SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>27524670
>spend $40 on a game
>play the main story which features the world's shittiest AI paired with trainers who have the same team of shitmons once

The real game is after the E4.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.