[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Litten is calm and collected >has a tail like a wick/bomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: litten_by_napdust-da23lg8.png (342KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
litten_by_napdust-da23lg8.png
342KB, 700x700px
>Litten is calm and collected
>has a tail like a wick/bomb fuse
>Tiger Mask is angry and hotblooded
>looks like it's been blown up
>Litten literally blows up as it evolves

This really is the kind of thing GF would do.

I want to chalk up Mallow on the art to be a sheer coincidence, or some art intern with too much time deciding to troll the internet. But jesus fuck, it's all falling into place.

Who else still desperately in denial here? Littenfags, Rowletfags and Popliofag all welcome. Think I'm jumping ship to Rowlet, but Mermaidlio is fine too.
>>
I fucking hope the leaks are just some early designs for the starters that got tossed
>>
I hope the middle is a red puffy cat quilladin so it looks like an explosion
>>
>>27517437
It's an anime reference sheet, they're 100% set in stone.
>>
>>27517075
holy shit I never noticed this. now I like lucha kitten even more
>>
>>27517601
It's a cool idea, but baralitten still looks fucking awful to me. I'm upset that it went in the complete opposite direction of what litten was sold as.
>>
File: MiddlestageLibre.png (113KB, 257x328px) Image search: [Google]
MiddlestageLibre.png
113KB, 257x328px
>>27517075
>yfw this is the middle stage
>>
>>27517827
I would be completely fine with this.
>>
I hate all three.
I preferred the Ballio leaks, though I didn't seriously think they were real. Litten becoming a cannon/firecracker made sense, since is fires hairballs and has the fuse-like tail.
An anthro wrestling cat is just the worst thing ever.
>>
>Litten is a calm, shy cat with a sulphur symbol on its head
>Rowlett likes to kick things
>Popplio is a clown
I dunno, they just don't seem to connect to their final forms.
Where does kicking come into being an archer? And where does the alchemical theme go with the wrestler? And how does a clown turn into a siren?
If they are real then I'll like them a lot less because they completely dropped the themes of the first forms.
>>
I dislike all three, and will probably never interact with them outside of adding them to my Living Dex.
I just hope Litten's midevo is on all fours so I can maybe just slap an Everstone on it for the main game.
Hell, maybe it gets an amazing HA and I can use it in NU or something.
>>
>>27518824
Rowlet kicks things and throws leaf feathers like knives. Owlsassin follows that theme by becoming a fast sneaky sniper. I'm okay with it.

Litten's been explained in the OP, and this really feels like the logic GF would use.

I have no fucking idea about Popplio, but I'd take mermaid over the tiger mask.
>>
>>27518824
Does fennekin look like a wizard to you? Does chespin look like a knight? Does tepig look like some chinese wrestling motherfucker?
>>
>>27517618
>of what litten was sold as.
"fire black cat that spits furballs"
That's it.
>>
>>27518824
Where are the horns and wings on Charmander?

Where are the fluffy ears and cannons and small tail on Squirtle?
>>
Still going to pick Popplio. I don't mind if he's a little flamboyant.
>>
>>27518824
>alchemical theme
The sulfur symbol was never a complete one. Plus, the concept art shows Luchalitten being extremely chill when his belt is used for cooking
>>
>>27517075
I still don't get the hate for Litten3 I absolutely love it.
>>
>>27520690
He's not talking about their physical characteristics, but their mannerisms. Charmander's dex entry mentions the flame on its tail, and the flame stays consistent through three evolutions. Squirtle's dex entries mention its shell and tendency to shoot water at things. Those stay consistent. Now, the descriptions on the website aren't finalized dex entries, but the traits they do mention just disappear from these evolutionary lines. Rowlet3 forgoes the kicking aspect to focus on archery, Litten3 goes from "logical and coolheaded" to "flaming pelvic thrusts" and Popplio3 completely abandons all the water balloons from Popplio's dex entry. These are presumably significant features/behaviors of the starters but they are completely abandoned by the end of the line.

Now I'm not saying the starters are fake, since Mallow is a pretty damning piece of evidence, but I could understand how someone might form an argument that they're fake using the starters' website descriptions.
>>
>>27520675
This. And in the art, Luchacat is still spitting hairballs at people.
>>
>>27520835
>Litten3 goes from "logical and coolheaded" to "flaming pelvic thrusts"
Luchalitten is letting people use his belt as a stove. How is that not chill?
>>
>>27520823
Eh, to many it is jarring. Personally, not going to believe it until it is official after the sheer abundance of kalos starter fake evos that had some form of proof or another, even if it is an npc.
>>
>>27520835
Kicks were really only mentioned once. Rowlet's whole deal was that it could fire off its feathers. Archery is the logical progression from that. And Poppmaid is still an attention-hogging performer, which the reference sheet properly conveys. The only outlier here is Luchacat, but it still fits with Litten getting more aggressive with evolution (the description did say that Litten was secretly passionate).
>>
>>27520867
Yeah, I'm just trying to elaborate on the argument in >>27518824. These are probably real, but with all the curveballs GF has introduced I would not be surprised if there are multiple starter evos in gen 7.
>>
>>27520854
I dunno, I feel like people would warm up to it more with a second stage.
Or maybe when it's in motion, some disliked pokemon this gen were more well received after they were shown in-game.
>>
The final evolutions for Popplio and Rowlet are great. Litten's looks silly. Why is it always one that ruins it all?
>>
>>27520823
On /vp/, anything bipedal is "furbait" and anything muscular is "barabait". Tiger3 is both of those, hence the shitstorm.

I don't mind it.
>>
>>27520904
Maybe. Could also be discrepancy between animal inspiration and result. Most people likely think sleek and fast for all cats rather than bulk and muscle. As is, I was kinda hoping for something I could still see as a giant housecat, honestly. Haven't been living in a place I could have pets at since my last cat died at 20 a couple years back, and litten looks like a mix of both cats I had.
>>
>>27520966
>Could also be discrepancy between animal inspiration and result
Did people think it was going to stay little and cute throughout? Because a quadruped tiger is just as fierce and menacing
>>
>>27520835

Pokemon change theme/mannerisms/ways of attack through evolution all the time.
>>
>>27520976
I would not imagine they had. I hadn't at least. However, it is a different kind of power than the type a large cat normally evokes in the mind, more in line with, say, a bear. A big cat would translate to something more along the lines of the wiry fighter that dances circles around a foe and hits like a snapped tension coil in people's heads, rather than be built like a brick shithouse and hit like a sledge hammer.
>>
>>27521068
well this is where the japanese pop subculture comes in and Pokemon is a Japanese game that drew heavily from Japanese pop culture from the past (i.e., Godzilla, Sentai, etc)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.