[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've come to the realization that of all Pokemon designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: ht9.png (419KB, 679x712px) Image search: [Google]
ht9.png
419KB, 679x712px
I've come to the realization that of all Pokemon designs I only really dislike these nine. The worst I feel about anything else is either disappointment or passive distaste.

How about you anon? Do you tend to hate a lot of designs or almost nothing?
>>
>>27510751
Was very disappointed with Rhyperior. I hope they make a mega that saves it.
>>
>>27510751
Wait, the fuck is that thing in the second row on the right?

I've never seen it before.
>>
>>27510751
It used to be 9-10 mons.
But I hate almost all of the revealed Alola dex so now I hate a lot of mons.
>>
>>27510839
it's from sun/moon
>>
>>27510839
Comfey a new mon you missed because you're a fucking normie newfag that doesn't see news videos.
>>
>>27510792
Alternate path evolution would be better.
>>
>>27510839
>Newfags so new they don't even know the new pokemon.

I think Binacle would have been better if its stalks looked more like the ones that make up Barbaracle.
>>
File: ht2.png (96KB, 402x181px) Image search: [Google]
ht2.png
96KB, 402x181px
>>27510751
Looking a bit closer, there are two more I'm really bothered by, but they're the only other two. So... eleven. Still not too bad.

>>27510792
Rhyperior isn't a design I like by any stretch, but I'm indifferent on it. It did, however, make Rhydon much better because of eviolite, so that helps me like that it exists.
>>
>>27510751
I just hate Landorus.
And only Landorus.
I'd be pretty impressed if something comes out this generation that changes that, but so far everything has been fine/great.
>>
>>27510751
The only pokemon I hate is Burmy and Wormadam. Ugly as fuck, worthless in battle, their gimmick is lame, and all they ever do is spam Protect when you run into them ingame. Just the absolute worst kind of shitmon and a waste of dex space.
>>
>>27510751
There are only a couple designs I outright hate.

>Jynx
>Lanturn
>Plusle
>Minun
>Volbeat
>Illumise
>Lucario
>Pachirisu
>Serperior
>Emolga
>Chesnaught
>Togedemaru

And there are others I'm not too fond of, but I don't particularly dislike.
>>
File: 1380759891646.png (67KB, 265x335px) Image search: [Google]
1380759891646.png
67KB, 265x335px
>>27510751
I don't really /hate/ any pokémon, but thanks to that "pick your favorites" site that's always posted here, I recently realized how much I dislike Gurdurr and Slaking.

Even then, Gurdurr evolves into something that I'm indifferent to, so I can ignore its existence. But Slaking is an ugly and mostly useless fuck that ruined Vigoroth. People complain about Dragonite and Goodra, but they're at least cute on their own, unlike Slaking.
>>
>>27510751
Gothita's evo line is cute
>>
What's wrong with Comfey?
>>
Do a playthrough only using mons you hate, see if you still hate them by the end.
>>
>>27510989
>>27510916
>>27510792

Isn't Rhydon with an Evolite much better and more competitively viable than a Rhyperior anyway though? I have no experience, just looking at stats and reading etc.
>>
>>27510751
Magmortar is the best design out of its line
Same with Gothita
>>
>>27511076

I would really enjoy an alternate evolution, in which his stats are slightly less powerful, but he's more alert looking and doesn't skip turns.
>>
>>27511119
No, it's actually far from it. Rhydon is a bottom-tier shitter that never sees much usage outside of PU, and Rhyperior isn't that great either, but it's at least viable in OU to an extent.
>>
>>27511139

Magmortar looks like an obese clown at a child's 8 year old birthday party who duct-taped an empty paper towel roll to each arm. Magmar is weird looking but at least sort of cool in a strange way.
>>
>>27510751
I actually kind of like luvdisc, but my like for him and Dugtrio is probably just nostalgia
Sunkern however is the fucking worst.
>>
>>27511062
>Lanturn

How is this possible?
>>
>>27511090
It looks like they lazily fused Klefki (a design I'm already iffy on) and Flabebe and called it a day. It just doesn't look unique or inspired enough to me. And even for what it is, I think they could have done much, much better.

It even seems to have roughly the same gimmick as both of them.

>>27511101
That's a good idea, actually. I'll give it a try. I doubt I'll come around on their actual designs, though, and this is mostly about my hate of the designs.

>>27511139
Glad you like them.

>>27511082
It reminds me of Toddlers in Tiaras and poorly parented bratty children. On top of that I never liked Jynx much, and really hated that they Smoochum expanded on it. Then Gothita was literally just a remake of Smoochum to me, and in turn led to a while line of 'not Jynx'.

Also really dislike the whole 'lolita' thing in general.
>>
>>27511142
Rhydon is in NU, and is good there
Rhyperior not only have offensive stats, but Solid Rock+Leftovers make him tanky
They are fine as Talonflame/Thundurus/MPinsir checks, but not great, youre better using TTar or Landorus-T
>>
>>27510751
the only ones i hate by design are hypno, klefki, and bruxish
>>
Let's see.

>Chikorita line
>Nosepass line
>Vanillish line
>Binacle
>Litten3
Are the only designs I really dislike. Pokémon has so many cool monsters.
>>
>>27511188
A lot of people dislike Lanturn because it ruins a lot of what made Chinchou an appealing design, namely by removing the eyes. Also, the fact that it's supposed to be an anglerfish but looks like a stupid cutesy rubber toy instead, lacking the other two defining features of anglers (their bulging eyes and giant toothy maws).
>>
>>27510751
I hate Exeggute and Dugtrio because their designs are ridiculously stupid. A bunch of eggs with faces on them? The same Pokemon but there's now three of them? Fuck that. At least with other Pokemon it is visually interesting (Koffing) or they're together in a way that sort of makes sense (Magneton). Exeggute and Dugtrio are just lazy shitmons in my eyes.

I also tend to hate on a lot of the 'nothing' Pokemon that exist, solely because they're not interesting to me at all and have nothing going for them. Shit like the Rattata line, Pidgey line, Stantler, Sunflora, Wingull line, Huntail, Gorebyss, Mothim, Cherubi line, Lake Trio, Phione, Pidove line, Throh, Sawk, Basculin, Litleo line, and a couple of others I'm not remembering. They're just so mediocre visually that I almost wish they never existed.

Also the Pikachu clones because fuck them.
>>
>>27511433
Dugtrio gets on my 'hated' list because of a couple things. First, Diglett is the laziest design they could have come up with. It's a bump with basic eyes and a basic nose. They literally didn't even give it a body. But... meh. No biggie, right?

Then it's just three of them. Together. Fuck that.

Exeggcute I've started to like. The idea it's heads that fell off Exeggutors who used their psychic powers to call others over to them to start the line over again is kind of neat to me. I understand the disliking, though.
>>
>>27511139
Incorrect, Magmortar ruined it all.
>>
>>27511529
Opinions cannot be incorrect.
>>
>>27510751
>disliking comfey

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>27511749
As I mentioned above, it's literally just Klefki+Flabebe, and I don't think it's even a particularly well done hybrid. The gimmick is basically their gimmicks combined (Flabebe grows attached to a single flower it picks, Klefki collects keys in a ring, Comfey collects flowers in a ring.)

It also looks like they literally just thought "Leis are Hawaiian, we need a lei!" and put no further thought into it.

Don't worry, though. Just the way I see it. It might be ridiculously amazing to you for all I know and that's cool.
>>
File: Gen7Ranking.png (1MB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
Gen7Ranking.png
1MB, 2500x1656px
>>27510751
I'm generally really passive toward pokemon designs. Some pokemon are ugly and I'd never say I like them (like the baby Gothitelle or the genies), but I wouldn't call them bad designs.

That is, until Gen 7 came along. I dunno what it is, but it's full of really, really, REALLY fucking awful designs. I've never really hated a pokemon until Gen 7 pokemon started being revealed.
>>
>>27511812
You hate Mudbray and Mudsdale for being 'just that animal', but you say you've never hated a design before this. So... you didn't hate Herdier and Seel? They are literally "just a dog" and "just a seal".
>>
Binacle is pretty cool, if only because it gives me trypophobia vibes. I agree with everything else on your list, though.
>>
File: p18.png (48KB, 325x184px) Image search: [Google]
p18.png
48KB, 325x184px
>>27511812
Sounds like you don't remember a lot of Pokemon if your only reason for hating Mudbray/Mudsdale is that they're "just a horse/donkey".
>>
>>27511840
That's the thing, though. With those, they still have variety to differentiate them from being "just an animal", at least a little. Seel has a spike on its head and a big fat tongue, and Herdier has a lot of hair and is fucking tremendous.

Meanwhile Mudbray and Mudsdale are just horses. They have styled hair but that's not really unheard of.
>>
>>27510751
What's wrong with Castform and Luvdisc?
>>
>>27511812
tapu koko - 1

you fucking prick
>>
>>27511893
I wouldn't even say Mudbray/Mudsdale, they're just incredibly boring. Even more boring than the usual "just an animal" pokemon.

I don't get why so many people get flustered for that reasoning of disliking those pokemon. They're so boring. Are they really worth defending?
>>
>>27511919
Herdier is identical to a yorkshire terrier. There is nothing about it that's stylized or anything. It's JUST a yorkie.

>>27511934
Luvdisc just looks like they didn't try to me. It's literally a heart with a face, and this is amplified by it being useless and not being related to another Pokemon. Alomomola NOT being an evolution to it also bugs me, though I don't know if that's more on Luvdisc for being forgotten, or Alomomola for forgetting.

Castform... it's just a shape with a basic face, and that looks way too much like tits or balls for my comfort, especially since it looks kind of like a baby. The other forms are fine, the base form just really bothers me.
>>
>>27511812

>why's it a bus

It's a battery. It's electric.
>>
>>27511935
I like what Tapu Koko is trying to be, but the design is such a fucking ugly clusterfuck.

>Giant johnny test mohawk that's the size of its entire body, if not bigger
>three "legs" (I guess) and a "tail" (I guess)
>Huge fake chick disguise that capsules its body, attached to its wrists
>Its hands are giant blocky pincers that are a mouth for the fake chick disguise
>>
>>27511986
It also bugs me that Castform was apparently not very memorable to GF, as they forgot to give the weather forms shinies.
>>
>>27512007
Then why does it have windows?

I know it's not meant to be a bus, but it looks like it is.
>>27511945
*I wouldn't even say Mudbray/Mudsdale have bad designs
>>27511986
It's a little stylized. Even so, did I ever say I liked Herdier? I just don't hate it because it's still clearly stylized. Show me a terrier that is a 1:1 look-alike of Herdier.
>>
>>27512088
Google image search yorkshire terrier, then search Clydesdale in mud. Or just horse in mud. Every yorkie will be much closer to Herdier than any horse will be to Mudsdale.

It's ridiculous to say you hate Mudsdale for being 'just a horse' but turn around and say you don't hate Herdier for being 'just a dog', when that applies more heavily to the latter than the former.

My captcha was buses. They really do look like Charjabug.
>>
>>27511945
It's not the fact that you don't like those Pokemon, it's more that it's really silly to say there weren't bad designs or that there weren't awful designs before Gen 7.
>>
>>27510751
It's funny, I have similar feelings, but with an even smaller amount
They're two of the the reasons gen 4 is my least favorite
Their names are
Infernape
and
Garchomp

And I nearly forgot, but throw Braixen in too.
For a total of 3 Pokemon I actually dislike.
>>
>>27511812
YOUR TASTE IS SHIT
EVEN MORE SHIT THAN YOUR TASTE IN WAIFUS
>>
File: 250px-204Pineco.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-204Pineco.png
63KB, 250x250px
Does anyone like this stupid shit?
>>
>>27512170
It would help if Charjabug was black. I don't mind it being cubic, since Voltik also has a lot of inorganic shapes, but the random green coloration plus the window-eyes makes it look like a bus.

And, to be fair, I would say I hate Mudsdale the least of any of the pokemon I gave a 1 to. It's just that it's a horse and we've already had plenty of equines, but at the same time we've already had plenty of canines too. I guess it's just personal preference.

>>27512229
I'm not saying there weren't bad designs before Gen 7. Just none that I really hate, besides Keldo or Goodra. I can name a couple shitty designs off the top of my head from every generation, but there's a much higher density of pokemon I hate in Gen 7 than any other Gen.
>>
File: cry.jpg (69KB, 640x803px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
69KB, 640x803px
>>27512303
>>
File: 1456780526911.gif (317KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1456780526911.gif
317KB, 500x375px
>>27511812
>dislikes drampa
>likes mimikkyu
Can't tell if your taste is more good or shit.
>>
>>27512307
I don't like it, but I don't dislike it.

It's a bug that disguises itself as a pinecone. It's meant to be a trap for people who use headbutt all the time. It's pretty much just Voltorb 2.
>>
>>27512369
I like Mimikyu's idea a lot more than its design. If they removed the stupid fucking cartoon eyes from its stomach it would be perfect.

Meanwhile, Drampa is entirely just a pokemon meant to pander to people who like cute pokemon. Its name is literally just dragon and grampa put together.
>>
Am I the only one who likes Luvdisc's design? I think it's cute. I like the minimalism. The fins being part of the heart is actually a good idea.
Luvdisc isn't completely useless. I used it for major heart scale harvesting.
Alomomola is gross looking though. It should've been an evolution for Luvdisc. I feel like Alomomola was a mistake.
>>
>>27512421
How would mimikkyu see then though? Drampa is a amusing idea and design, not in my favorites but l like it. Planing on using both, mimikkyu for sure and drampa unless a better dragon is shown.
>>
File: 1418851195741.gif (94KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1418851195741.gif
94KB, 500x446px
>>27510751
I actually hate almost nothing. The only ones that come to mind are Goodra, and The starter leaks

I feel "okay" about a good few but still not that many.
>>
I don't dislike Klefki, but Comfey is an objectively better design of the same concept as Klefki.
>>
>>27510751
There is only one pokemon I can't stand actually, but it's probably only the time it grows on me, it's the Merpliopliomaid that got leaked
>>
File: 704Goomy_XY_anime_2.png (24KB, 313x335px) Image search: [Google]
704Goomy_XY_anime_2.png
24KB, 313x335px
>>27512482
>goomy is cute as fuck
>evolutions look terrible
Why?
>>
>>27512421
>Its name is literally just dragon and grampa put together.
And this is a problem how? Pretty much every Pokemon's name is two words combined.
>>
>>27510751
>Hating Holocaust Ducktales
>Hating Happy-as-fuck Sunflora

Nah it's cool bro, I'll just forget your opinion and keep playing pokemans.
>>
>>27511812
How is Mudsdale "just a horse" but Pikipek not "just a bird"
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.