[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Gen 1 never existed up to this point and Sun/Moon's new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

File: gen1.jpg (28KB, 610x322px) Image search: [Google]
gen1.jpg
28KB, 610x322px
If Gen 1 never existed up to this point and Sun/Moon's new Pokemon and starters were revealed to be exactly what the Gen 1 monsters were, you would all universally praise it as the best gen yet. That alone proves gen 1 was superior to all others in terms of the Pokemon themselves - battle, items and stats things etc non withstanding.

Prove me wrong. Search your heart, you know it;s true.
>>
Bulbasaur looks stupid and Squirtle is literally just a blue turtle
>>
They look like those cheap recolored animals from rip off monster catching mobile games. The only reason you like them is because of nostalgia. They literally just get bigger too, again, like cheap mobile rip offs.
>>
>>27507970

I'm sure if Pokemon started this year with Gen 1 Pokemon no one except for a niche number of people would play it. Gen 1's success was only possible due to its time. Gormies and the likes only like Pokemon out of nostalgia. Still, Gen 3 is the best one for me. The designs hold up and Emerald was great.
>>
I would only like charmander, like I did back in 96.
Fuck bulbasaur and squirtle, such ugly, boring design.
>>
>>27508104

Well if it started this year than you're right, but that's not what's being implied. What's being implied is that if every gen existed as it was up to this point except for gen 1 (i.e., Pokemon began with gen 2 and continued from there), if the gen 1 Pokemon were released right now everyone would fucking love them.
>>
>2 Generic birds
>2 generic bugs
>Mr. Mime
>Jynx
>Voltorb and Electrode
Nah, Gen 1 would have been shit on today like Gen V was
>>
Literally my moms x - The Generation
>>
>>27508162

Congrats, you named a few of the weaker Pokemon among a host of great ones, as compared to late gens which are mostly shit with a couple exceptions.
>>
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man
>>
>>27508222
t. genwunner
>>
>>27508195
>5▶
>Literally my moms x - The Generation
It really is.

If we didn't get Pokemon until now we'd clamoring how much of a rip off it is of our beloved Digimon and would be exited for the new Megaangewomanmandemiagumon form being revealed next week.
>>
File: 1466256174164.jpg (37KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1466256174164.jpg
37KB, 511x428px
>>27508222
>>
Ah yes
>Same eyes #1, the lizard but with literally one difference
>Same eyes #2, the ???
>Same eyes #3, the turtle but also a turtle

Best gen
>>
>>27507970
>literally my mom's dinosaur cyndaquil
>literally my mom's dinosaur snivy
>literally my mom's water turtwig
>>
>>27508260
shitgenner
>>
>>27508313
posts two shitmons to prove the point
>>
>>27508504
>>27508481
samefag
>>
>>27507970
I like every generation about the same.
>>
>>27508523
herrr you replied to two people and so you're dumb
>>
>>27508144
yeah, generic baby dragon is a much better design
>>
>>27508628

You say generic baby dragon as if there have been a lot, but there really haven't if you think of dragons like the traditional Charizard-like dragon.
>>
>>27507970
no need to psychoanalyse, op.

most of /vp/ is under the age of 23.
>>
>>27507970
>you would all universally praise it as the best gen yet
Nah, if they were released now people would see them as terrible considering how basic they are considering the hardware we have now.
>>
>>27508104
gtfo hoennfag
>>
>>27508162
you're just as bad as the genwunners who pretend all new pokemon are ice cream cones
>>
>>27509111
He's right you know.
>>
>>27507970
>that alone proves
Love how you use your own hypothetical scenarios as proof
>>
>>27507970
>those neopets eyes
>squrtle is literally just a blue turtle
>>
>>27508943
why are noisy designs a good thing again?
>>
>>27509111
Where did I say they were bad? I'm pointing out exactly what people would say if they were released today
>>
>>27507970
>lemme give ya this scenario that's not real
>now lemme tell ya, it proves my point
>>
>>27509139
about those 4 pokemon? sure. and personally I think voltorb is fine since he's basically a mimic.
>>
>>27508574
Same.
>>
>>27509238
The same reason plain ones are.
They're unappealing.
>>
>>27509185
>squrtle is literally just a blue turtle
squirtle = squirrel + turtle. bipedal, tail= squirrel
>>
>>27509279
"they're unappealing because they're unappealing" means nothing
>>
>>27509282
It's Squirt and Turtle retard.
Not Squirrel.
>>
>>27507970
People would almost certainly bitch about sameface, with a minority saying that it makes them feel 'thematic'.
>>
>>27509266
But we would have already had a better Mimic in Foongus
>>
>>27509316
0/10
>>
>>27507970
>charmeleon is perfect ready that bad ass fire raptor evo
>make it evolve into an overweight dragon
>blastoise loses the cool seafoam theme and gets stupid unnatural metal cannons growing from it out of nowhere
>fucking up these two starters took too much effort so venusaur is literally just a fatter uglier ivysaur they drew on a napkin while out for lunch
FUCKING GAMEFREAK
WHY CAN'T THE GAMES BE GOOD LIKE GEN 1 AGAIN
>>
>>27509430
>THERE'S NO WAY THESE ARE REAL, WHY ISN'T FAT DRAGON RED LIKE CHARMELEON
>FIRE/FLYING?
>WHERE THE FUCK DO THE CANNONS COME FROM, WHY ISN'T IT STEEL?
>LOOK AT THAT FUCKING POTHEAD DINOSAUR HAHA 420 BLAZE IT
>>
>>27507970
charmander is just a oversized salamander with fire on its tail

bulbasaur looks worse than roothoot, punchable as fuck face

squirtle literally my mom's blue pet turtle.
>>
>>27509305
Hey I'm not the one that implied "noisy" designs were bad here.

Seriously though, unlike the "noisy" designs they're visually dull and have nothing that attracts the eye. It even applied during gen 1, the game didn't take off because of the designs but because it was entertainment during a long commute in Japan and the anime was the eye candy in the west.
>>
>>27508574
I have my favorites, but there are none I really dislike.
>>
>>27509494
noisy designs are bad. it's inherent in the word "noisy." having something to look at is one thing, having too much to look at is just poor design
>>
>>27507970
Nope. Snivy > bulbasaur. Froakie > Squirtle. Charmander is still best fire starter, so I'll give you that.

It would also depend what pokemon from Gen 1 they reveal. Pidgey & Rattata are pretty boring compared to what came later, and while some Gen 1 pokemon are great (e.g. Vulpix line, Lapras, Sandslash, Omanyte), some of them are terrible (e.g. Moltres, Jynx, Grimer)

Overall, it's like any other gen, but with Nostalgia and future gens to improve it (e.g. Tangela -> Tangrowth)
>>
>>27509790
gonna have to disagree.

snivy has little paper arms and legs and retarded shoulder pads, bulbasaur looks like an actual creature and is awesome because he's a mix of plant and animal

froakie... do I even have to say anything? he's a retarded tamagotchi that looks like he belongs in a child's crib

I agree that pidgey and rattata (and their evolutions) are boring, and that jynx and moltres are pretty lame. I don't hate grimer but I don't like him enough to defend him either. muk can fuck off because he's just grimer 2.0
>>
>>27509316
The joke flew through your head like a bird taking a shit on your head.
>>
>>27509879
>froakie... do I even have to say anything?
Yes, you do if you want to have an argument.
>>
>>27509962
great, because I did.
>>
>>27509790
>>27509879
I like rattata - it's cute :( Can't people just like what they like
>>
>>27510197
>Can't people just like what they like
Can't people just dislike what they dislike?
>>
>>27507970
Are you kidding? If we had the basic starters and the final evolutions, everyone would be complaining that Squirtle got rid of the cute curly tail for X-BOX HUGE cannons that are so out of place, that Bulbasaur just has random ugly splotches and venesaur is covered in warts, and that Charmander lacks any sort of detail and just gets bigger and grows some off-color wings.

People always hate new stuff for contrived reasons.
>>
It's hilarious because if Gen I and VII were switched, people here would be vehemently defending Mr. Mime and Jynx for their abstractness, quirkiness and creativity and demeaning anyone who just "can't understand their design," and those same people would cherrypick the Gen 1 Bruxish as a reason Kanto had some terrible designs.

Honestly, it's poetry.
>>
Gen 1 Pokemon only had like 3 different types of eyes.
>>
File: 1459145515144.jpg (169KB, 960x748px) Image search: [Google]
1459145515144.jpg
169KB, 960x748px
>>27508045
>Bulbasaur looks stupid
LITERALLY the best Grass starter.
>>
>>27507970
gen 1's starters are the worst of them all design wise though
>>
>>27510281
>Charizard
>Not a dragon type

CANCELLING MY PRE-ORDER GUYS HUE HUE HUE GAME IS DEAD KEKLOL AMIRITE?

Every. Single. Generation. Something like this faggotry comes up and should be fucking banned.
>>
>>27507970
Generation II was made up largely of designs left out of the first one and new members of existing evolution lines, so would that mean Generation III was the first instead?
>>
>>27509141

well he did provide hard evidence...you cant discount idle speculation and assuming ones opinion is representative of everyone elses. jury is in, open and shut case
>>
>>27507970
>Red lizard
>Green lizard
>Blue lizard

I never really cared about any of the Gen 1 starters for this reason. There was never a debate, it was just a "what's your favorite" sort of opinion. At least Gen 2 started offering a little more variety, and they've been getting better about it ever since.
>>
>>27509879
did you just praise bulbasuar for "looks like an actual creature" and in the same breathe bash froakie for looking like a tamagotchi?
>>
>>27509316
Reading comprehension
>>27509282
it's a turtle with a tail and bipedal. No other similarities. It's garbage
>>
>literally my mom's bulb lizard
>literally my mom's flower lizard
>literally just got bigger
>literally my mom's red lizard
>literally my mom's dragon
>literally my mom's turtle
>literally just grew a tail
>literally just got fat and grew cannons (nah blastoise is cool)
>literally my mom's caterpillar
>literally my mom's cocoon
>literally my mom's butterfly
>literally my mom's bee
>literally my mom's bird
>literally my mom's purple rat
>literally my mom's rat
Need I go on?
>>
>>27509266
Sudowoodo, mimikyu and foongus would immediately blow voltrob out of the water.
>>
>>27509879
>bulbasaur looks like an actual creature
What creature would you say bulbasaur is?
>>
>>27507970
>literally my moms turtle
>literally my moms house plant
>literally my moms salamander
>>
>>27515807
I fugged up in the middle but you get my point.
>literally my mom's snake
>literally my mom's cobra
>literally my mom's mouse
>literally my mom's poisonous rabbit
>literally stood up and grew boobs
>literally
>a male version
>of the last three
>literally my mom's overweight fairy
>literally my mom's fox with six tails
>literally got bigger and grew three more tails
>literally kirby
>literally my mom's bat
>literally my mom's differently shaped bat
etc.
>>
They would be universally known as the worst starters.
>>
>>27507970
Everything about Gen I is absolutely fantastic except the broken ass games themselves.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.