[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generate a random pokemon, give it an Alola form and decent reasoning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 88

File: fireroggenrola.png (150KB, 648x1123px) Image search: [Google]
fireroggenrola.png
150KB, 648x1123px
Generate a random pokemon, give it an Alola form and decent reasoning behind it, just finished up this lil guy
Alola Roggenrola
Rock/Fire
Based on a Prince Ruperts Drop plus the volcanos in Alola
These Roggenrola live around pools of magma, heating up their bodies and then cooling them rapidly in water has given them incredible defense but are prone to exploding if hit on the rock on top of its head, firing off extremely hot magma. Trainers of these Roggenrola have to be extremely cautious.
>>
>>27506716
shameless self bump
>>
>>27506716
It would help if you provided a randomizer
http://randompokemon.com/
>>
>generate a random pokemon

don't you mean generate a random gen 1 pokemon?
>>
>>27507066
Thats too boring, broaden your horizons
that and i'll be pissed if they continue to milk Gen 1 for a whole gen
>>
>>27507066
It's not going to be only gen 1, fucking retard.

And this is for fun, idiot.
>>
>>27506716
That Roggenrola is very well made. Good job OP.
>>
>>27506716
Alola Gabite

Dragon/Water

Standard Gible line is supposed to be based around land sharks, so the Alola variant, living on an island, became actual sharks.
>>
>>27506716
Bulbasaur line is now Fire/Fairy with a bulb that turns into a flower that emanates fire. The Fairy type is... why not?

Charmander line is now Water, Charizard gains Flying, and instead of flames its tail emanates bubbles.

Squirtle line is Grass now and instead of shooting Hydro Pumps, Blastoise' cannons now shoots Solar Beams and Energy Balls.
>>
Alola Luvdisc

Water/Bug

The prevalence of grass type Pokemon caused it to evolve in self-defense, developing a much stronger beak that can allow it to feed on coral as well as the local kelp and seaweed.
>>
>>27507128
good

>>27507146
missing the point
>>
File: alola.png (115KB, 350x297px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
115KB, 350x297px
Alola Torterra
Grass/Ground
he now grows fruits
>>
>>27507128
>>27507171
Nice! I'll draw these up, keep them coming
>>
>>27506716
Alolan Riolu is Psychic. Alolan Lucario gains is Psychic/Dark and gains a new move: Dark Sphere, a Dark-type variation of Aura Sphere. Ability: Infiltrator.

Alolan Buneary and Lopunny are Fairy. Ability: Pixilate.
>>
Alola Bagon
Dragon/Rock

These Bagon will never undergometamorphosis that grants them wings as Salamence. Instead, by constantly headbutting their heads, they made their body as hard as rock. They are not as strong as the regular Bagon, but their defensive capabilities are much better.

Rock Head as regular Ability, Solid Rock as Hidden, Mega gets Stamina.

Salamence BST: 120/85/130/85/115/65
>>
>>27507128
One of the few retypes that makes sense. Nicely done.
>>
Alola zatu
Psychic/ground
Zatu In Alola stay on the ground. They eventually lost their flying abilities. They are slower but have increased offenses and defenses
>>
>>27507259
Not restricting the game to gen 1 makes it less fun? Am I reading this correctly
>>
>>27507368
No, you came to a fun art thread to bitch about gen 1 pandering. No one yelled at you, we are communicating using text.
>>
>>27507223
Tbh I'd make him rock/grass, both for the unused mountain type and for the lot of them being pushed to the mountains and adapting to the harsher terrain.

Designwise I'd make him green/light brown keeping the grey bits and remodel his back to be a high alolan peak with palm trees at the base.

Actually now that I think about it you could give him a volcano and make him fire/ground super easy.
>>
File: Bullete.jpg (19KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
Bullete.jpg
19KB, 400x235px
>>27507275
>Bullete Pokemon
FUND IT
>>
Alolan Lickitung

Fighting type
Abilities: Gluttony/Magician, Hidden: Stakeout

Due to the scarcity of resources in the Alola region, Lickitung introduced to the islands have grown gaunt and more muscular, relying on speed and physical skill to obtain enough food to survive. Their tongue has a sticky pad on the end that they dart out at high speeds, stealing morsels right from the hands of their competition!
>>
>>27507368
Literally assmad no one thought your joke was funny
>>
>>27507419
I don't know why it says mountain in front of type, and it should say typing instead of type.
Sorry lads, I'm pretty high.
>>
>>27507275
Wait, scratch. Mega also gets Solid Rock (ala Blaziken)

BST: 120/120/160/100/135/65
>>
>>27507108
>It's not going to be only gen 1, fucking retard.

I have a hunch it's going to be, anon.
>>
>>27506716
Alola lotad- alotad. Alombre- alolacolo
Grass/rock
Ability: rock head, chlorophyll
Instead of having a lilypad on its head, it grew a small bunch of coral

Alola growlithe

Ghost/fire

In ancient folklore a magic dog was eaten, and when the owner called, the magical dog answered and returned to his owner.

There is a folklore about night marchers, ghosts who come out and if you look them in their eyes you are forced to march with them for eternity.
I will let someone find a Pokemon that fits that
>>
>>27507307
Maybe it could be bulkier and resemble Tapu Koko a little since it's a totem. I might try to draw this actually, sounds kinda interesting.
>>
File: alolacharizardx.jpg (454KB, 1280x1442px) Image search: [Google]
alolacharizardx.jpg
454KB, 1280x1442px
Hello real Gamefreak dev here
I reveal to you another form we will show soon
>>
File: alolan gibble.png (2KB, 170x147px) Image search: [Google]
alolan gibble.png
2KB, 170x147px
>>27507128
I made this
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 643x384px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 643x384px
>>27506716
A ground and flying type Thundurus that also has a diffrent therian form that is the ground type thundurus on all fours or something like that to symbolize being on the ground.
>>
>>27507516
Give it some fins.
>>
>>27507472
What? The post you quoted was my first post in the thread
>>
Alola Bagon is pure flying, but has no legs. It wishes that one day it would gain the ability to walk.

Alola Shelgon looks like and orb with wings I guess. Flying/Dragon.

Alola Salamence is basically normal salamence, but light brown in color and lacks wings. Dragon/Ground. It finally grew the legs it always dreamed of having and now wreaks havoc on the towns below.
>>
File: h.png (112KB, 1190x792px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
112KB, 1190x792px
>>27507275
>>27507449
...Well, it lives a Draco Meteor from Mega Chomp.

A very bulky one might also live a Draco from Life Orb Modest 252 31 Mega Fug.
>>
Alolan Yamask

Fairy Type
Ability: Intimidate | Magic Guard
HA: Stamina

Influenced by local spirits of the islands, Alolan Yamask have discarded the relics of their former lives and instead carve crude totemic masks in homage to the guardian deities of each island. Each Yamask's wooden effigy is unique, and they use them to scare Pokemon away from their territory. Some stories tell of Alolan Yamask who favor local households and leave them gifts such as berries and fruit from the lush jungles of the islands. They say if you climb to certain sacred sites beneath a full moon, you can see tribes of Yamask dancing beneath the silvery light in intricate patterns.
>>
>>27507560
No one yelled at anyone, so what exactly made the thread less fun?
>>
File: RCA6ZQ3.png (168KB, 574x655px) Image search: [Google]
RCA6ZQ3.png
168KB, 574x655px
So is this just a disguised pokemon variant thread?
>>
File: alolan gibble.png (2KB, 170x147px) Image search: [Google]
alolan gibble.png
2KB, 170x147px
>>27507529
>>
>>27507595
>fucking retard
>idiot
(You)
>>
File: image.png (125KB, 476x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 476x822px
>>27507525
>>
>>27507606
I meant more like underneath it.
>>
>>27507568
this is swaggin

>>27507606
Adorbs
>>
>>27507568
Very nice, I love the idea, though it's a bit strange that it would lose the Ghost type because it's literally still a ghost.
>>
>>27507615
That's just being on 4chan, you fucking imbecile. Also
>yelling with text
Not a thing.
>>
Alola arcanine
Electric
Moving to a region whith so much water, where grass is so moist it's difficult to burn; the easiest and most abundant prey are the water mons in the coast; so it changed its fire attacks gradually to electric attacks; getting both more adapted to such a moist clima and an easier way to hunt

I guess it'd have shorter fur so it's easier for them to operate in the water and they wouldn't get so much sand stuck
>>
>>27507651
>That's just being on 4chan
You're trying really hard here.

>yelling with text
>not a thing
No shit. It's not meant to be taken literally, you fucking autist.
>>
File: deep sea jelly.jpg (45KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
deep sea jelly.jpg
45KB, 736x552px
Alola Tentacruel
Water/Electric
Because it now lives on the deeper reefs of the ocean, it drastically increased its bioluminescence potential. It eschewed its poison stingers in favor of bioelectric organs that produce discharges it uses to hunt and lure prey, as well as for communication and navigation.
Appareance, Body is now dark brown with its crystalize organs being a bright neon blue. Smaller beak but two long frontal tentacles that glow.
>>
>>27507648
I considered ghost/fairy but I'm just observing the rules of the game. When I generate one pokemon, I generate a second and use that type for the first :)
>>
>>27507601

Only if they're actual variants and not stupid crossbreeds/fusions.
>>
File: aloladuskull.png (6KB, 227x244px) Image search: [Google]
aloladuskull.png
6KB, 227x244px
>>27506716
shitty drawing but this would be a fairy version of duskull
theres a pokedex entry that says duskull chases misbehaved children until daybreak and id imagine that this version of duskull takes over when the sun comes out
>>
Aegislash

Grass/Ghost

Instead of steel, Alola citizens of the past made weapons using wood. After their death, the wielders possessed their weapons. An odd event, very much.

Honedge and Doublade's abilities are still No Guard, but Aegislash has Shields Down.
>>
>>27507711
Stop yelling at me.
>>
>>27507785
No.
>>
>>27507473
I would make it have the dance ability the new bird gets so it becomes king of VGC
>>
File: Alola Goodra.png (15KB, 518x606px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Goodra.png
15KB, 518x606px
Alola Goodra
Dragon/Water
Ability: Poison Heal
with a bigger salt water environment, Goodra adapted to live in the coral filled sea, gaining bright colours to make itself look like its poisonous to eat.
>>
>>27506716
Alola tropius
Rock/flying
Ability: water absorb hidden: wonder guard
An abundance of volcanos caused a mutation where tropius instead grew outcrops of flexible rock, and lives in Rocky volcano areas. It has incredible defensive ability, and is capable of withstanding water type moves from the constant water from the ocean waves crashing into them. Some tropius are blessed with a unique defensive ability after being dipped in a volcano to harden their bodies.

Glalie
Fire/steel
Ability:no guard/ drought/ hidden: diety
Diety: disallows moves that always hit first, or strike between turns. Such as switching out pursuit. Or spikes.
The ice Pokemon known for subzero temperatures mutated from the hot Sun, but instead of melting it hardened, then ignited. Changing shape to closely resemble a tiki. It houses itself inside a volcano and is often mistaken for a god.

I'm not good at this, but I want more steel types.
>>
Alolan Sableye

Ground/Fairy

Ability: Stall
HA: Pure Power

With the advent of Fairy typed Mawile competing for territory in the caves of Alola this subspecies of Sableye has lost the Dark type, and with it its mischievous nature. Digging ever deeper into the mountains of the island they live in total solitude and darkness. Their eyes have degraded and their diet no longer consists of crystals, instead consuming soil and rocks grinded into dust.
>>
File: 438-Bonsly.png (141KB, 222x300px) Image search: [Google]
438-Bonsly.png
141KB, 222x300px
Best design coming through
>>
>>27506716
>http://randompokemon.com/
Golett, Wood ghost type. It's years on the island has required massive repairs. However searching for purified iron was fruitless, he instead replaced body parts with wooden replacements.
>>
Alolan Mareep
Dark - Dark/Ground
Ability: Flame Body/Fur Coat

When Alola was colonized, Mareep were imported en masse so residents of the icy mountains could have wool to make warm clothes.

Mareep has considerably thicker wool. Flaafy and Ampharos have a full body of wool as well. The line would have dark purple skin and black-brown fur, as dark colors are better at trapping heat.
>>
File: naval mine.jpg (11KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
naval mine.jpg
11KB, 400x224px
>>27506716
Corsola
Water/Steel
Because of the large amount of boat activity (going between the four islands) they faced a larger risk of being sailed into so they developed a much stronger shell,
I was thinking of something inspired by pic related
>>
>>27507937
If they were in the game they would probably be this games version of Kecleon
>>
Alola Goodra
Dragon/Poison
Goodra adapted to living near the shallow reefs in the region. It feeds of a highly poisonous kind of coral, because of it, the goo it secretes its now very dangerous on contact and gained a bright blue and yellow coloration, as a natural warning.
Ability: Poison Point or Intimidate.
>>
>>27507937
Isn't Quillfish basically that already?
>>
>>27507937
Qwilfish and Koofing are already based of sea mines, nice concept, though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-18-02-18.png (71KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-18-02-18.png
71KB, 480x800px
Aloha avalugg
Grass/rock
Had to migrate to the jungles of alola due to influx of vulpix and sandshrew into the icy mountain tops....their icy exterior melted away to reveal rocks underneath....they use grass as a type of camouflage
Ability: rock head or sturdy
>>
All this speculation but we're gonna end up with so few changes ;_;.
>>
Saw it in another thread.
>alola shuckle
>bug/ice
>makes popsicles instead of berry juice
Please gamefreak.
>>
File: 23948576204396.jpg (31KB, 564x316px) Image search: [Google]
23948576204396.jpg
31KB, 564x316px
>>27506716
Got Primape
Fighting/Grass or Fighting/Rock
Longer fur based on the monkeys in pic related with a white face region and orange fade near towards the end of the fur.
Instead of a furball the fur could be shaggy and hangs around.
Ability: furcoat?
>>
File: Champagne_vent_white_smokers.jpg (930KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Champagne_vent_white_smokers.jpg
930KB, 3000x2250px
Alola Corsola
Water/Fire
Corsolas in this region flocked towards the volcanic vents that dot the region, absorbing the nutrients in the water. They are now incredibly resistant to heat.
Pure white bleached coloration and more jagged branches.
>>
>>27508148
Good job anon, much better than my corsola post
>>
Alolan Heatmor

Dark/Electric

Due to the abundance of plants in the Alola region, Heatmors couldn't deal with Durants without starting a forest fire, so they evolved to more sneaky thinner and smaller creatures that kill durants by shocking them with an electric attack
>>
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/ebilly99/teravult.png[/IMG][/URL]
Mandibuzz normally preyed on the dead, but due to the massive insect population soon began to starve. Some discovered that they could create a symbiotic relationship with Jumpluff. They would help spread the seeds and Jumpluff would grow with the bird, Generations have combined the two into one pokemon.
>>
Alolan Teddiursa
Type: Normal/Fairy
Has a sun on his forehead instead of a crescent moon.
>>
File: waterGabite.png (318KB, 1084x1064px) Image search: [Google]
waterGabite.png
318KB, 1084x1064px
>>27507128
OP here, looks weird without legs but it looked just like a regular gabite with them
>>
File: Chingling.png (297KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chingling.png
297KB, 500x500px
>>27507906
Anyone have any requests
>>
Alola Fearow
Electric/Flying

Fearow in the Alola region used Volcanic heat to soar ever higher with even less effort and began to absorb some of the electrical properties of pyrocumulus clouds.
>>
>>27507779
much better than original Aegislash
>>
File: Alola Munna line.png (20KB, 621x521px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Munna line.png
20KB, 621x521px
One of the islands is supposed to have a bunch of ghosts and spiritual shit, isn't it?

I guess they evolved to feed off of the fear and superstition there rather than just dreams
>>
File: Chingling.png (279KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chingling.png
279KB, 500x500px
>>27508376
those random spots in the transparency were driving me crazy
>>
>>27508376
How about a Arizona mudkip?
>>
>>27508263

Holy shit, that's really good
>>
File: caracal_gallery_6[1].jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
caracal_gallery_6[1].jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
Alola Persian
Ground type

These Persians inhabit the desert and have become feral. They've developed a darker coat for camouflage, and strong hind legs to chase down prey.
>>
>>27508376
Alola Hydregon
>>
>>27508376
Could you do the alola avalugg in this thread
>>
>>27507307
This would be pretty cool. Maybe give them 4 alt patterns depending on which island their on. Each modeled after a guardian

>>27507436
Also pretty cool

>>27507568
Neat
>>
>>27506716
Alolan Jigglypuff

Ghost/Normal type

Ability: Rattled/Competitive, Hidden Ability: Moody
Jigglypuff get their kicks from being able to put an audience to sleep. But the resident Pokemon of Alola don't seem to enjoy it's singing, so it was left alone to sing to itself. Now having been able to develop a sadder, solitary outlook on life, these Jigglypuff sing a ghostly melody that can creep it's opponents out, big time.
>>
>>27508263
fukkin noice
>>
File: Fuckin_Alola_Shit.jpg (93KB, 1153x865px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckin_Alola_Shit.jpg
93KB, 1153x865px
>>27507980
I've never drawn a Goodra before, but this idea made me want to give it a try.

Sorry for the bad camera. I'm thinking of making it digital so I can color it. (and add more of the fringey things)
>>
>>27506716
I think a variation to corsla would be cool, also do something with tentacool/crule.
>>
File: aloanluvdisc.png (156KB, 916x1006px) Image search: [Google]
aloanluvdisc.png
156KB, 916x1006px
>>27507171
>>
>>27508631
That's fuckin good, desu

(I thought it had something in it's mouth at first)
>>
>>27507838
The Glalie tiki idea is solid!
>>
>>27508391
Cool, I like it.
>>
>>27508654
Thank you!
Sounded really Parrot fish like to me and since they are native to hawaii i gave it a little bit of that, couldn't find a way to make it look bug type though
>>
>Chreubi
It's now a pumpkin cherry. It remains pure grass, but comes with the color change ability to reflect the wide range of colors and tastes the berry has through its lifetime.
>>
>>27508631
>>27508263

What kind of stroke settings can make that effect for the outline? That's really nice and I can't seem to replicate it.
>>
Looking through some pokedex entries for Poliwag trying to come up with a new form when i came across this.

From Pokemon Silver "The direction of its belly spiral differs by area. The equator is thought to have an effect on this."

So possible new form for it like Arbok.
>>
>>27508761
What if Alola is on the equator, and it has a straight line instead of a spiral?
>>
File: Mudkip.png (249KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mudkip.png
249KB, 475x475px
>>27508421
This was an odd request
>>
File: pen.png (14KB, 183x423px) Image search: [Google]
pen.png
14KB, 183x423px
>>27508759
These are the settings i use, the sugi effect comes mostly from the shading and texture
>>
Alolan Huntail

Ground type (maybe poison too)
Intimidate/Sand veil

With the overabundance of sea life for pokémon to pray on, huntail couldn't compete with stronger water types and had to adapt on living in the sandy shores. Eventually moving on to the beaches and becoming sand snakes.

Don't feel like doing gorebyss.
>>
>>27508818
same anon here
Thank you so much! I've been trying to get this for a while. Now I just need to learn how to use the right shading and textures
>>
Alolan Geodude
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: No Guard/Solid Rock

A series of continuous volcanic eruptions drastically changed Geodude's genetics, exposing it's core. To make up for lost defences, it continuously trains in the highest peaks of the mountain to make itself 200 times more fit than the world's greatest athlete.

Alolan Graveler

The genetics drastically altered by continuous volcanic eruptions has formed many tiny volcanic craters in Graveler's body. Alolan Graveler is said to have enough muscle power to lift the heaviest Mudsdale on record.

Alolan Golem

Golem becomes one with the volcano after enduring continuous waves of superheated lava for several years. It has three micro-mountains on it's large back to launch numerous volcanic explosions at once. It has enough power to sink an entire isolated island by simply pressing it's foot on the ground. Alolan Golem will fall to the Earth's core by expelling it's entire body lava once it has died.
>>
File: alola heracross.png (125KB, 1370x1444px) Image search: [Google]
alola heracross.png
125KB, 1370x1444px
I got Heracross with the random generator so here it is
(still new with the drawing the the tablette and doing color in general so it's quite shit)
I through that with all the flying types in Alola, Heracrosses could have evolved in a species living in groups and having a chief
The chief could be decieded by the onehaving he biggest claws, and having their horns loosing all utility except for building tunnels where they hide because their predators are too fast for being hit by the horn
>>
>>27508079
Alola shuckle
Bug/rock
Seeing other nearby Pokemon becoming stronger and adapting to better hunt it, shuckle developed it's own evolution, a sturdy protector which would always defend weak Pokemon.

Donfuckle
Bug/steel
Ability: Solid rock hidden ability: shed armor.
Shed armor: if donfuckles is damaged. it heals 10% and it's status effect is removed if it has one at the end of its turn, it's defense has a chance of dropping one stage.

A Pokemon born from shuckles need to adapt, and by becoming harder. Tougher, and stronger. Standing nearly 8ft tall and weighing 500lbs this heavily armored Pokemon resembles a biped shuckle, covered in red armor, with holes covering it, like shuckle has. It's head is not visible, hidden behind a thick round shell.

Sharing shuckles defensive powers, it is also decently powered offensively and boasts a health pool quite high. It's speed however is the lowest possible.

Donfuckle has a signature attack: Shell explosion which damages donfuckle by 25% and deals double damage to every Pokemon in battle.
For the rest of the match, even if donfuckle is switched, the move is unusable.

After using shell explosion donfuckles switches to an attack form. defenses and attack switches until it is switched out.

Evolution happens when shuckle reaches lvl45 while holding a steel coat.

I just want a shuckle evolution so bad...
>>
>>27508822
Gorebyss alola style
Ability: sap sipper
Water/ground

With an abundance of prey, but not being able to hunt, gorebyss adapted by being able to swim through the ground, and hunt prey by poking out of the ground when least expected.
Its favorite food, is grass type Pokemon as it can eat them without fear of retaliation. Years of gorging on grass types has tinted it's skin green.

When buried, only its mouth is exposed, its green and resembles a budding plant.
>>
>>27506716
Alolan Gliscor
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability: Regenerator

Seeking out warmer climates, wild Gliscor made their way to Alola from Unova. It flies above active volcanoes to absorb their noxious fumes, increasing the effectiveness of its poison.
>>
>>27506716
i love this thread
>>
Alola Swablu
Flying Monotype
The clouds which make up the wings of a mainland Swablu make up the entire body of the Alolan variety. More sky than bird, it confounds some Pokemon researchers.
>>
>>27508631
A M A Z I N G
>>
File: Avalugg.png (340KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Avalugg.png
340KB, 600x600px
>>27508530
>>
>>27508631
Like the parrot fish beak
>>
File: 469Yanmega.png (96KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
469Yanmega.png
96KB, 431x431px
Alola Yanmega
Bug/Water
Moxie/Speed Boost

In the distant past, Yanma were flightless until they became Yanmega and were able to actively hunt prey in the skies. Alola Yanmega found competition for food sources in the sky with many others so ones that kept the wingless aquatic predator of ancient Yanma traits as Yanmega were able to out reproduce the more typical ones to extinction. It inhabits freshwater habits such as lakes and rivers and is dificult to see while sleeping on the bottom of them. It uses powerful propulsion from its rear to move around and stabs prey with its harpoon-like legs and chews it apart while it never lets go. Compared to the Yanmega that are encountered in other regions, Alola Yanmega have much greater speed and physical attack and slightly better defense, but takes a massive hit to the special attack and has dreadful special defense.
>>
Alola Koffing/Weezing
Fire type with levitate.

Koffing looks the same but is red and the skull symbol is a flame hazard symbol. Weezing gains the third head mentioned sparingly in some games. As koffing it emits smoke. As weezing Flames erupt out of its body.

After years trying to find a suitable habitat Alolan Koffing adapted to the harsh conditions inside volcanos abd eventually took on the qualities of their home.
>>
File: Alola Skiddo line.png (37KB, 980x609px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Skiddo line.png
37KB, 980x609px
Adapted to live in the snowy mountain area like the other ice forms

>rock/ice
I know, but it just makes the most sense for a mountain goat. It would also obviously be at least a little more fast and offensive than Aurorus
>>
Alola Breloom
Poison/Fighting
Abilities: Gooey/Poison Point
HA: Adaptability

When Yungoos and Gumshoos were introduced to the Alola region, they quickly discovered that the hardened spores at the end of Breloom tails were their new favourite food, a surprise as anyone else would ache if they them. The local Shroomish and Breloom population had to quickly adapt. The bright purple ooze scares off even the most hungry of foes.
>>
>>27509349
Hey, aren't you on Deviantart?
>>
>>27509267
>>27509303
>>27508631
>>27508797
I could definitely see these being ingame
>>
>>27509267
That's beautiful anon
>>
File: Ayy.jpg (35KB, 826x846px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.jpg
35KB, 826x846px
Best here
>>
File: fight.png (312KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
fight.png
312KB, 1024x702px
Alolan Serviper and Zangoose

Zangoose Poison/Fighting
Immunity/toxic absorb

Serviper became an invasive species on alolan island, so zangoose were introduced to cull the population the strongest Zangoose survived to fight off the great serviper population, and eating poisonus servipers and being stung by their venom led to the Zangoose developing their own toxins

Serviper
Poison/Ground

Eventually Servipers fled to the under ground caves of the island to escape from the stronger and poison resistant Zangoose. being underground led them to become part ground type
>>
>>27509420
http://jwnutz.deviantart.com/
>>
I saw masquerain on my random roll. Flying/Ghost would be cool, or Bug/Ghost.
>>
>>27509473
oh damn this would be a great twist

alola form pancham evolves into bewear?
>>
Alola Xatu

Psychic/Rock

Its wings harden and always stay closed and its beak becomes a jagged rock
The design would be more like a totem pole and its eyes would be jewels
>>
>>27508610
It looks good, Anon. Practice some figure drawing and you'll get way better.
>>
File: alolan pidgey.jpg (9KB, 145x157px) Image search: [Google]
alolan pidgey.jpg
9KB, 145x157px
Nothing much, just a parrot variant of pidgey.
Maybe learn Chatter and mirror move early or something
>>
>>27509496
Zangoose beats up Gumshoos...
>>
Alola medicham
Fighting/fire psychic/fire
Ability?
Alola medichams never meditated to gain psychic power, instead they found power by becoming dancers, wielding burning sticks. Like Hawaiian fire dancers.

There are 2 forms depending on the dance used last.
>>
Alola Golbat
Grass/Flying
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Leaf Guard/Adaptability (Hidden Ability)

Based on the Hawaiian Hoary Bat. Green Golbat with brown wing membrane, brown fur on it's back and head, it's head fur is covering it's eyes and it has three extra, smaller fangs between it's two larger ones. and two curved talons on it's feet. There are Alolan versions of Zubat and Crobat as well as you would expect.

It has higher defense and special attack stats then the Kanto versions but it's significantly slower then them. And it can learn grass type moves as you would expect.
>>
>>27509660
>fire twirlers
Literally Kiawe's Marowak will be this
>>
Alola Whiscash
Ground/Psychic
Ability: Telepathy
When a Whiscash wanders into the far seas, its whiskers develop strong psychic capabilities and are capable of causing earthquakes so strong, they are said to have created the Alola islands.
>>
Alola Scraggy/Scrafty
Grass/Fighting or steel/ fighting depending on which island
Ability: Moxie
Due to the climate in alola the shed skin that these pokemon use as clothing dried out and crumbled, feeling vulnerable they began to use whatever they could find to cover up, including large leaves and flowers and even in some cases street signs
>>
Alola Snorunt Family
Grass Rock for Snorunt and Glallie
Grass Ghost or Psychic for Froslass

Snorunt is a straw hut
Glalie is a coconut or mossy rock
Froslass has grass hawain traditional dance clothes

During the iceage glalie migrated to Alola once the sea melted again glalie had to adapt to the suddenly warmer climate and temperatures
>>
File: Ayy.jpg (55KB, 826x846px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.jpg
55KB, 826x846px
I guess it's an oarfish or something
>>
Alolan Golem:

Fire/Rock

I was inspired by some fanart I saw of a mega Golem was it. Having the fire typing now let's it deal with grass, steel more effeciently. This does mean it is still weak to a ton of things but a design like this will be cool to see.
>>
>>27509822
Oh yeah...the Pokemon that literally have clubs and would easily be that.. OK marowak, fire/ground.
>>
>>27507419
Alolan Torterra
Fire/Ground
Ability: Ash Armor (???)
As a result of constant volcanic eruptions and ash rain, an Alolan Torterra has changed to reflect its habitat. Its three mountains are now three volcanoes, and the three is just a burnt stump. It is red and grey in color, with its entire back and top of its head grey because of the ash its volcanoes constantly create.
When they are not erupting, Alolan Torterras are docile Pokemon. However, when excited by something, their volcanoes become active and the Torterras become much more erratic and violent. The ash on their back has partially fused into their shell, giving them greater special defense at the cost of physical defense. In addition, Alolan Torterras have ditched their physical assault in favor of an all-new special one.
>>
>>27510046
Not some sort of Hawaii spook for the snow child, oni onigiri, and snow woman?
A lot of Japanese myths like a faceless woman adapted there and mixed with the existing Hawaiian folklore.
>>
File: buggyrific.png (9KB, 84x73px) Image search: [Google]
buggyrific.png
9KB, 84x73px
>>27510213
>the three is just a burnt stump
Why did I write three instead of tree? Holy shit.
>>
>>27506716
Alola Shuckle
Bug/Rock
Ability: Stakeout/Camouflage

HP: 20
Atk: 230
Def: 10
SAtk: 230
SDef: 10
Spe: 5

This diverging line from the Shuckle line has discarded it's protective shell and has evolved into a frail ambush predator due to the nature of Alola's ecosystem.
>>
>>27510414
>No defense
>No HP
>NO SPEED
>Ambush

this thing will be absolute shit give it some speed or it will die every time
>>
File: Alola Mantyke line.png (36KB, 1018x809px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Mantyke line.png
36KB, 1018x809px
An unusual abundance of seafaring pokemon can be found near the water's surface in Alola, meaning less room and more predators for Mantyke and Mantine. They have adapted accordingly to camouflage themselves on the bottom of the ocean and have even begun migrating to freshwater areas

I just realized how much I want a stingray variation of Mantine
>>
Alola Arbok
Poison/Dark

Black body, hood pattern has colors reversed.

>tfw Glare, Coil, Gunk Shot, and Sucker Punch
>>
>>27510648
Oh yeah it would have Intimidate still, along with Moxie as its HA
>>
>>27510699
Poison heal or dry skin would be cool too dude
>>
>Meowth/Persian
>Speedy Steel Type
>Silvered Fairy Hunting cat
>Tough Claws/Technician?
>>
>>27510414
A better Atk/SpA/Spe spread would be 160/160/145

Basically Deoxys Lite
>>
>>27510769
Poison heal would only be useful against Salandit
Dry Skin would be nifty though. Being a physical attacker and physical wall after a Coil, alleviating Scald as well as Hydro Pump, Steam Eruption, etc. would be very nifty.
>>
File: Ayy.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
>>27510121
And then a bigger one
>>
File: Poliwag.jpg (587KB, 1926x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Poliwag.jpg
587KB, 1926x1872px
Poliwag
Water/Poison
Ability: Poison Touch/ Swift Swim

Poliwag was not an uncommon sight in the Alola Region living is shallow ponds and river banks where they grew into Politoad. The distinctive straight patterns on there belly are due to the effect of being directly located on the equator making them a variation of their Kanto cousin. However, due to invasive grass and water species brought through several means the species was forced to evolve.

This form of the species developed more powerful tails and webbed feet to deal with the fast rivers young are now born in to protect against grass and other predator pokemon. The second adaptation was developing poison glands that make eating this pokemon a dangerous move as the toxins are lethal to most species and can kill as large of a pokemon as a Snorlax. This change in typing caused their form to change as well as the unusual color warns predatory pokemon to stay away.
>>
>>27510843
Lazar?
>>
File: Xatu Alola.jpg (196KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Xatu Alola.jpg
196KB, 800x800px
>>
>conkeldurr

Uses palm trees instead of stone pillars, is now grass/fighting
>>
>>27507098
>>27507108
They're obviously only doing gen 1
>>
File: 1456440207108.jpg (30KB, 540x349px) Image search: [Google]
1456440207108.jpg
30KB, 540x349px
>>27509014
>donfuckle
10/10
>>
>>27510878
What the hell is a Lazar?
>>
>>27510961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSVNbxjdvv8
>>
>>27511202
>2007
Good lord where has the time gone?
>>
>>27509303
I mean at least thing one makes sense given how it's a dragonfly and their larvae live underwater.
>>
>>27511620
>Dragonfly
>Doesn't fly
>Doesn't dragon
What is the point?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-02+at+06.07.18).jpg (93KB, 759x712px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-02+at+06.07.18).jpg
93KB, 759x712px
Bug/Ghost
In the Alola region, mushrooms blossom even more. It has assumed control.
>>
>>27507606
that is adorable.
>>
Alolan Shedinja

Steel/Ghost

Ability: Sturdy

Alolan Nincada are Bug/Steel so when they shed a hull of pure metal is left over. The resulting Shedinja is extremely durable as it still has 1HP and Sturdy lets it take no damage from any attack.

:^)
>>
>>27511862
...without safety goggles, this thing is useless
>>
i dont have a reason its just cute
>>
>>27507620
Whoosh
>>
>>27511906
>implying any of the new forms have useful types or abilities
>>
File: acute2.png (17KB, 652x600px) Image search: [Google]
acute2.png
17KB, 652x600px
because its a cute grass type
>>
>Alolan Heliolisk
>Electric/Ground or Grass/Normal
>>
>>27507108
I'm pretty sure it'll only be genwun
>>
Alolan Phanpy

Ground/Water

Due to the frequency of Phanpy rolling off cliffs and into the sea they adapted flotation sacks that allowed them to handle water more efficiently, eventually many Phanpy have began feeding in the sea as opposed to land all together, however it isn't unheard of for them to stray inland for food as well.

I imagine this happens often and I thought it was kind of cute.
>>
>>27511906
Wew lad, are you stupid or something? Regular Sturdy Shedinja is already godlike in Balanced Hackmons where everyone and their mother is overpowered. This thing is even better, its immune to poison and sand because of Steel type, so it doesn't even need Goggles. Only Hail, Mold Breaker, Burn, and Hazards can kill this thing.
>>
>>27507833
I'd go with water/poision instead
>>
Alolan Manaphy

Water/Ghost

The waters off the islands of Alola are spoken in legend as the birthplace of all manaphy. When a manaphy's life cycle approaches it's end it returns to it's birthplace and turns to sea foam.

Legend says that sometimes the foam that washes on alolan islands take the form of Manaphy's and still swim the seas, not knowing it had alredy passed.

Looks like a manaphy with more white and muted colors, maybe soapy looking and hollow eyes

more legend forms pls
>>
>>27512081
>>27512345
The timing on these
>>
>>27506716
I don't have drawing skills but what about Alola Toxicroak and Politoed? I imagine Toxicroak would be water/poison type and be a lot more colorful
>>
>>27510548
who said alola mons had to be good

for gods sake they're giving us ice type alternatives, not like that changes anything since ice types are generally useless as fuck anyways
>>
>>27507606
That's a boo
>>
>>27512531
Would croagunk stay poison?
Are there many toxic frogs in hawaii?
>>
>>27512531
>>27510865
Not Politoad, but here's Poliwag.
>>
>>27512604
Yeah croagunk would stay poison.

http://explorebiodiversity.com/Hawaii/BiodiversityForgotten/Wildlife/Reptiles/Frogs%20-%20Poison.htm

Poison dart frogs actually do exist in hawaii. They were introduced to control mosquito populations.
>>
>Gets Beartic
>Alolan Cubchoo is a Poison-type. When it came to Alola (on one of the three main islands that isn't the one with the Mauna Kea equivalent, it shed its Ice-typing due to the hot climate. It instead feasted on toxic plants, using its remaining ice powers to sustain itself. Eventually, the chemicals changed its form. The mucus running down its nose is now a poisonous chemical. Its head fur is now black while the fur on its snout is a dark gray; it also has what appears to be goggles around its eyes. This gives it the appearance of having a gas mask. Its body's fur is a dark green, though its arms are a toxic purple and its legs are brown. Its tail now looks like a bright leaf.
>Alolan Beartic is a Poison/Grass-type. After growing accustomed to life on Alola with its new diet, Alolan Beartic takes a few cues from the plants. It put seeds from the plants in its fur, and the melting ice caused the seeds to thrive on its body! Its loses the gas mask look and the toxic purple now makes up the upper third or so of its body, including the head and arms. Patches of green fur protrudes from under its ears. The ice beard is gone, and instead it now drips toxic plant acid from its mouth. Its claws are now like rose thorns, and its paws are red with a rose-like texture. The "crotch hair" is gone and it now instead looks like its wearing bush plants. Its legs are still brown, though now it looks like its legs are like tree trunks. Three purple lines with what looks like red berries protuding out at intervals run down each leg as well, furthering the poison theme. Finally, it has branch/vine-like hair running down the back of its head with the berry-like things on the end of some strands.

I started with the mucus that Cubchoo has and went from there. The plant elements came after I thought out how it gains the Poison-type from the plant life of Alola. I was contesting whether or not to use the fairly common combination of Poison and Grass, but I decided to give in.
>>
File: poisondart.jpg (58KB, 492x480px) Image search: [Google]
poisondart.jpg
58KB, 492x480px
>>27512674
They come in yellow and black but also blue and black
>>
>>27512674
Well then
Why water?
>>
File: Alola Golurk.png (161KB, 467x447px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Golurk.png
161KB, 467x447px
lol
>>
>>27512729
Because it's a frog.
>>
File: surinam cherubi.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
surinam cherubi.png
52KB, 250x250px
>>27506716
What do you think?
>>
>>27512729
Just to fit with the type variant theme I guess? Plus female poison dart frogs lay their eggs in pools of water.
>>
>>27507473
Wouldn't your idea work better with Water/Rock? I know Corsola is also a coral-based Pokémon with the typing, but when you remove the lilypad from Lotad you seem to be moving away from it being a Grass-type.
>>
>>27512775
The males check on the eggs in two weeks and then take their newly hatched croagunks to the nearest stream
>>
>>27512761
I mean, yeah
But, that's kind of weird from an variant standpoint, why would it change from fighting?
To water even?
I'd say rock desu
>>
Alolan Typhlosion
Fire/Electric
Magnet Pull

Due to Alola region's high humidity, Typhlosion's fur does not combust when rubbed together. Instead, he rubs his fur together to generate static electricity which it stores in its coat. Typhlosion's high body temperature burns even hotter in Alola's high climate, not only resulting in a more formidable attacker, but creating an electromagnetic field around it's body as well.
>>
>>27512826
I don't even think Hawaii is that humid, is it?
>>
>>27512864
Nice job anon
>>
>>27512900
The game doesn't take place in Hawaii, it takes place in Alola.

Fuck you this is my headccanon.
>>
>>27510926
I would hold out hope unless the
leak with only Alolan Kanto Pokémon is confirmed to be real with more evidence or we get very close to release and we still haven't seen Pokémon from other generations. Then there's reason to believe that sadly this is true.
>>
>>27512864
Why not make it brighter, to contrast with the normal kind?
Making it darker seems a little odd
>>
>>27512900
Whatever the hell made you think that?
>>
>>27512940
Well the wrinkled frog in Hawaii is pretty much a solid dark green color so I dont see anything wrong with this one.
>>
File: alola toxicroak.png (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
alola toxicroak.png
3KB, 160x160px
>>27512864
>>27512940
Is this better?
>>
File: alolaarchen.png (203KB, 894x696px) Image search: [Google]
alolaarchen.png
203KB, 894x696px
Alola archen

it's longer wings help it fly between distant islands

and it's longer neck helps it pick up fish
>>
File: alolo_diglett.png (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolo_diglett.png
42KB, 500x500px
>>27506716
I got Diglett, so here.
Alola Diglett
Flying
It's like Diglett, but stuck in a cloud instead of the ground. It's trades a bit of Attack for a bit more Speed.
>>
>>27513053
lazy/10

>not having it pop out of a small magma crater instead
>>
Alolan Ninjask
Bug/Fighting
Rivalry/Technician

Due to the limited size of the Alolan islands, resources are scarce for many creatures. Competition is fierce among the region's Ninjask, who constantly battle over food and territory. Males emit a pheromone which causes all other males in the area to become hostile. As a result, only the strongest survive.
>>
>>27513010
There you go
That's striking.
>>
>>27512963
I live near St. Louis where humidity is rarely below 80
>>
>>27510623
I dig this
>>
File: aloladiglett.png (15KB, 894x696px) Image search: [Google]
aloladiglett.png
15KB, 894x696px
>>27513053
here, i'll fix this for you

he's an ice/ground type now.

the eyes are more square and are are black as coal.
>>
Alolan Kingdra
Psychic/Dragon
Analytic/Water Absorb

Coastal waters surrounding Alola are very warm due to the tropical climate. This increased metabolism has stimulated a part of Kingdra's brain and opened latent psychic channels. As a result, schools of Kingdra congregate with each other in the region's reefs communicating with each other telepathically.
>>
>>27513164
I fucking love it
>>
>>27513053
>this actually happens
>>
File: aloladugtrio.png (27KB, 649x619px) Image search: [Google]
aloladugtrio.png
27KB, 649x619px
>>27513164
he evolves into this

Dugtrio developed arms in this climate in order to look for food under the snow.
>>
>>27513184
Fuck you, because I will never have this. Nutz pls do this one
>>
File: mamoswine variant.png (111KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
mamoswine variant.png
111KB, 1200x796px
Alolan Mamoswine, due to living in a warmer jungle climate, loses a lot of its bulky fur and is built more like a boar. It is now Dark/Ground, and thus does not have enormous ice tusks anymore. Between having less fur and lighter tusks, its attack and defense are slightly lower than regular Mamoswine's, but those points are put into its speed, as Alolan Mamoswine are notorious for being short tempered and recklessly flying into a rage-fueled charge. An ability like Anger Point or Sheer Force would be fitting in that case.

Also sorry for the kind of shitty drawing, I'm on a laptop with a god awful touchpad and trying to do any better would be way too infuriating.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 465x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 465x440px
>>27513164
Alolan Diglett's true form.
>>
Alola Luxray
Fire/Dark

Luxray's large mane and Electric typing made it difficult to hunt the Grass types in Alola's dense jungles. It responded by developing a sleeker coat and an affinity for powerful Fire type moves, which would allow it to move quickly and silently and strike decisively when hunting prey.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 236x172px
>>27513140
So do I. It's a pretty solid concept.
>>
>>27513306
Dark/ice, man
>>
>>27510414
If it has no shell, you should drop the rock type as well, make it pure bug.
>>
File: Alolan Dunsparce.png (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Dunsparce.png
208KB, 600x600px
>Alolan Dunsparce

Type: Ground/Flying
Ability: Shed Skin/Arena Trap

>Due to the moist soil in Alolan jungle, local Dunsparce have a crescent-moon shaped tail instead of a drill to better sift through the dirt. Because of the natural nutrients within this soil, their wings have also developed further over time, allowing moderate (although low) flight.
>>
>>27513306
This looks awesome dude
>>
>>27513455
Why would it be ice if it doesn't live in icy environments anymore?
>>
New pokemon :

Klinkzohr
Steel Dragon

Evolves Klang after leveling up while holding Dragon Fang.

Hidden Ability : Mekansm
Raises attack when speed is boosted.
Lowers attack when speed is lowered.

Ability : Sturdy

Can learn shift gear and dragon dance.

Alola Klinklang
Steel Ice

Ability : Sturdy

Hidden Ability : Processor
Increases Sp Atk when speed is boosted.
Lowers Sp. Atk when speed is lowered.
>>
>>27511656
That's because bugswim is a lame name
>>
File: registo-ll.png (3KB, 96x90px) Image search: [Google]
registo-ll.png
3KB, 96x90px
Took me a while but the registeel rock/plant, maybe couldve do a registeel filled with corals but meh. Its based on those rocks near the beach or something like that
>>
>>27514389
This is actually really nice. I could totally see this being real
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 720x540px
Alolan Machamp.
Fighting/fire
Tribal Samoan tattoos with flame torches. It also has own Tempo can learn fire spin and teeter dance.
>>
>>27514389
That looks awesome, great job.
>>
File: horsea.png (244KB, 429x454px) Image search: [Google]
horsea.png
244KB, 429x454px
Water/Grass? I dunno, I tried
>>
Alolan Garbodor
Grass/Fire

As a Trubbish, it is formed by the burning of certain woods together. As it was usually formed in ceremonial fires, it carries a certain prestige, unlike its brethren in other regions which were caused by a similar reaction in industrial waste. Feeding it different woods causes it to burn flames of different intensities, and occasionally colors.
>>
File: 1437971238179.png (67KB, 166x154px) Image search: [Google]
1437971238179.png
67KB, 166x154px
>>27514907
I guess that makes it a literal leafy sea dragon.
>>
File: Frostlas (rock).png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
Frostlas (rock).png
1KB, 96x96px
Rock/Ghost Frostlass
No mountains so it turned into this.
>>
>>27515129
I meant no snow on mountain, obviously.
>>
>>27515156
If there is no snow then how is sandslash and ninetails ice?? There is literally a snowy mountain...
>>
>double fairy Clefairy
>>
File: Alola Kingdra.png (14KB, 653x382px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Kingdra.png
14KB, 653x382px
>>27513184
>>27513282
Uh I dunno
>>
>>27515172
I work on gamefreak, I can confrim there is no snowy mountains.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 974x687px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 974x687px
>>27515259
Try harder
>>
>>27506716
Alola dunsparce
Ground/normal.
Its drill has become smaller as a result of the soft sandy soil of Alola.
It's wings have also have become more like flippers or fins to help it traverse through mud and water.
If some one would draw this i would apprishate it, because i cants quites art, plus on tablet.
>>
>>27515244
Maybe a different pose?
>>
>>27508040
Really cool idea but
Maybe the grass could be moss on the rocks
>>
File: 478Froslass.png (485KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
478Froslass.png
485KB, 1280x1280px
Thought to be a red-haired beauty from behind, it is actually featureless. Hollow body wraps around opponents.
>>
File: crawaunt.png (13KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
crawaunt.png
13KB, 264x191px
Alolan Crawdaunt;
Water/Fairy
Its a light pink, with a tan face, eyes are contented and closed like Skitty. (Kinda looks like its been on vacation)
The claws have been replaced by long antennae like Spiny Lobsters, the star becomes a gold ring.
Ability: Reformed, this Pokemon's dark type attacks are now fairy type.
When Crawdaunt migrated to Alola, they lost interest in fighting due to the nice weather. Soon they stopped breeding based on claw size and they were eventually lost in favor for the favored long antennae, that allowed them to access fairy type attacks
>>
>>27506716
Alolan Ludicolo
Type: Grass/Fire

Living near Alolans piqued this Pokemon's interest in their Fiery Dance moves.
>>
>>27515984
Needs to have a fruit hat instead of a lillypad one and it'd be goat
>>
>>27515924
Lobsters IRL literally only die when they die in battle, they live to fight one another. Water/Fighting should be more accurate, and Fighting is the direct opposite of Dark.
Make it blue with a roughed up appearance. Make the star orange.
>>
>>27516489
>Fighting boiling water
>Missing the point
>>
Alolan Lapras:
Water/Ghost

It uses Perish Song to lure sailors to their deaths, and uses shipwreck hulls to decorate its shell. When it submerges itself, all you can see are the shipwrecks gliding through the water, which is where stories of ghost ships come from.
>>
Alolan Farfetch'd
Grass/Fighting

It was introduced into the lush forests of Alola, where it lost it's ability to fly, and compensated by becoming a much stronger sword fighter with its leek.

Lower speed and s. def with higher attack. Regular abilities are the same but hidden ability is technician.
>>
>>27516749
Love it. Farfetch'd was made for Leaf Blade.
And Solar Blade too, I guess.
>>
>Aipom

It's eyes are now half closed and it's sitting down, leaning back on its hands, for most of its animations. It also has a small gut going.

>being fed by tourists have made the alola Aipom lazy and dependant on humans to survive.

>Ambipom

It has a bulkier body and looks more ape-like. The tails are also shortened greatly.

>The Ambipom of this reason have grown more savage as they fight one another to compete for the snacks tourists throw their way. Their tails have shrunk from never being used.
>>
>>27516782
I like it!

I assume normal and normal/dark?
>>
>>27516865
Yeah I couldn't think of the types but that sounds about right. Hoping an anon would draw them for us
>>
Alolan Cresselia
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Fine Cut– The power of cutting-based moves is increased by 50%, similar to Mega Launcher.

Due to the presence of Lunala, Alola has a strong relationship with the moon. This has caused Cresselia to receive a new surge of power. Her appearance has changed, including her typical bird-like shape. She now appears more humanoid, with flexible arms, thin feminine legs, and a more tall and fitting body. Her "wings" are now filled with a web-like pattern formed by cosmic light, being attached to her new arms. The planetary ring on her back is now closer to her head and perhaps a bit smaller. The crescent moons on both sides of her headare replaced with a full moon, which looks a bit like a helmet on Alolan Cresselia. Her face is the same as usual. Crescent protrusions line her arms, legs, and back. She now appears to be wearing a cloak. There are celestial patterns on her body for a little visual flair, though not too much to avoid her being overdesigned.

Alolan Cresselia is a Psychic/Fairy-type. She now wields crescent moon blades. She is very skilled at swordplay and uses these blades to fend off foes. Alolan Cresselia sacrifices some of her defensive prowess to increase her attack and speed, along with a slight special attack boost. If allowed with Alola Forms, she has a slight BST increase of around 30. She has the signature move Lunar Blades, which is a fast multi-hitting Fairy-type move with good attack power. She also learns other cutting and sword moves to take better advantage of her new ability. I'm not sure if she would retain her other signature move, Lunar Dance, since there's reasons for both sides.

Basically, she trades defense for offense, gains the Fairy-type, and becomes a sword fighter.
>>
File: torterra_v_2_by_xous54.png (128KB, 469x486px) Image search: [Google]
torterra_v_2_by_xous54.png
128KB, 469x486px
Torterra.
Water/Grass
When Torterra's were first brought to the Aloha region, they were found to be much to large to thrive in the region.
So, naturally, they took the the next best thing, the seas.
Over time, the Alolan Torterra's limbs turned into fins, and the landscape upon it's back turned into that of a deserted island, complete with sand, and a single palm tree.
>>
>>27517581
I love the idea of it becoming a small island, and it makes perfect sense for the Pokémon. The only problem I have is that it might work better with the Ground-type rather than the Grass-type, though since Water/Ground has been done a lot more Water/Grass would be more refreshing.
>>
File: urJiZER.jpg (13KB, 180x350px) Image search: [Google]
urJiZER.jpg
13KB, 180x350px
Alola Jynx
Grass/Psychic
Serene Grace

Alola's native people embraced Jynx's natural affinity for dancing, going so far to imitate it as part of their customs. Given this enormous respect, Jynx are often coveted companions among Alolan trainers. Folktales say that a trainer who offer a Jynx a flower to put in its hair are more likely to earn its trust as a partner.
>>
>>27507275
>These Bagon will never undergometamorphosis that grants them wings as Salamence
That means it won't evolve into Salamence you stupid fuck
>>
>>27518023
Genius
>>
File: Torterra-e1332295347413.jpg (90KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Torterra-e1332295347413.jpg
90KB, 640x457px
>>27517581
Forgot to add.
Once a year, Alolan Torterras return to the place they were hatched at, to lay their eggs.
This is a major event for Alolan natives, and tourists, who flock to see a rare glimpse at the usually timid and hard to find creatures.
Many pokemon breeders, in anticipation of such an event, set up shop on the beaches of the island, in order to give the sluggish Pokemon an easier route to their birthplaces.
>>
File: WGrowlithe.png (316KB, 911x911px) Image search: [Google]
WGrowlithe.png
316KB, 911x911px
Water Growlithe? (bit of a rush shop, general idea)
>>
>>27517581
>>27518093
This is very good. Do you have any ideas what Alolan Turtwig and Grotle might be like assuming they also receive changes?
>>
>>27518152
haram.
>>
>>27511700
please gamefreak
>>
File: aligator snapping turtles.gif (2MB, 380x231px) Image search: [Google]
aligator snapping turtles.gif
2MB, 380x231px
>>27518153
I suppose Turtwig could just have some kelp on it's head.
And Grotle is maybe a reef?
>>
>>27513306
this is actually something I'm expecting due to the wild boar population on hawaii
>>
File: 1470080346792.jpg (98KB, 550x552px) Image search: [Google]
1470080346792.jpg
98KB, 550x552px
What Pokemon do you think will get "Sinnoh Forms" for the inevitable Gen IV remakes?
>>
>>27506716
Phanpy/Donphan

Ground -> Ground/Grass

I can't art (if a drawfag could though, that'd be great), but I imagine Phanpy's ears resembling leaves more and having a light green coloration as opposed to blue. Donphan would have wooden armor (so it still resembles a wheel when curled up), and its ears would resemble elephant ear plant leaves. Color palette would probably be more of a muddy brown with a hint of green? Not sure.

Also maybe the Alolan species could be substantially larger than their normal counterparts to make up for the fact that regular Donphan is so small.
>>
>>27518409
Perhaps if they retcon Gen 4 cross Gen evolutions then we'll see if they have sinnoh forms. But what other non native sinnoh Pokemon appears in the game. Lucario?
>>
Alolan Muk

Fire/Poison

Unlike the non-Alolan variation of Muk, which consists of toxic sludge, this variation is formed from of a combination of lava and garbage that had been discarded into local volcanoes.
>>
Alola Parasect. Bug/Ground

After being brought to Kanto the paras started getting infected with strange fungal spores.
>>
>>27507108
I have an idea for you.
Don't call someone else a retard, when you just exclaimed a rather retarded statement.
>>
>>27510623
hmm, it could use something extra, like wobbegong tassels
>>
>>27507275
>dream is to fly
>let's make a variant that makes it so it never attains its dream

Dude, that's too sad.
>>
>>27507937
Qwilfish
>>
>>27518955
too much like crustle.

If Parasect changes it would be to poison or ghost imo, where the fungus kills the host or the bug fights back and turns poison
>>
>>27514389
would alolan versions still get to use their megas?
>>
>>27519106
>ghost
>fungus kills the host
I'd fund it.
>>
File: tumblr_nkr82143yr1u0uat6o2_500.png (73KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkr82143yr1u0uat6o2_500.png
73KB, 500x362px
>>
>Golurk
>Grass/Ghost

The ancient civilisation which lived on Alola constructed Golurk from palm wood instead of clay from the earth. As a result, the body is physically weaker - but the mysterious energy which gives it life is less thoroughly contained, boosting special attack.
>>
File: Alolacude.jpg (151KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
Alolacude.jpg
151KB, 600x582px
>>
>>27519168
A water-type Voltorb/Electrode that is a Net Ball/Dive Ball would be pretty cool actually
>>
File: Alola Darmanitan.png (47KB, 322x372px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Darmanitan.png
47KB, 322x372px
Alola Darmanitan
Fire/Water
Darmanitan migrated from the desert of one island to the volcanic island, taking up home in the volcanic hot springs.
The hot springs relaxed and calmed Darmanitan, giving it a zen-like state even while in its normal form.
They are constantly sweating.

Stat wise it's far more special oriented, as they're too chilled out to bother moving they use their zen-state mind to attack.
>>
File: Capture.png (293KB, 1273x873px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
293KB, 1273x873px
Water/poison

Had to keep up with the local plantlife in the ocean. Eevee would also be different, along with the rest of the evolution's I would imagine...

I already posted this in another threat but I didn't draw it for nothing
>>
File: alola roselia.png (12KB, 149x136px) Image search: [Google]
alola roselia.png
12KB, 149x136px
Alola Roselia
Psychic/Poison
Brought to alola, Roselia adapted by mimicking the local orchid flora. It developed a relationship with Lurantis, often hunting together.
It uses its psychic powers to spread its aroma and lure Cutiefly, before stinging the prey with hidden needles in its flowers.
>>
File: waterpup.png (456KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
waterpup.png
456KB, 1024x1024px
Alolan Growlithe
>>
>>27513306
>Alolan Mamoswine is a bulldrome
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>27514389
I love this registeel
>>
File: donphan.png (56KB, 983x314px) Image search: [Google]
donphan.png
56KB, 983x314px
Water type Donphan
>>
File: 1418507582967.jpg (15KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1418507582967.jpg
15KB, 185x185px
>>27514389
That's Steelix bro, not Registeel.
Anyway, the concept and design are actually both really good and I'd use the hell out of that.
>>
File: TeddiursaDark.png (1KB, 94x96px) Image search: [Google]
TeddiursaDark.png
1KB, 94x96px
Dark type teddiursa
>>
Alola Oddish -- Grass/Water
With more daytime hours making its ideal lifestyle difficult, Oddish in the Alola region have adapted to settle under the ocean floor. The leaves on its head have become kelp, which it can control to ensnare targets.

No idea what Gloom and Vileplume might be.
>>
>>27516619
Very nice
>>
Bumping

(This is a wonderful thread. Keep this going guys)
>>
Alolan Cloyster
Water/Grass
Chlorophyll/Skill Link, HA: Overcoat

Cloyster that appear in Alolan waters lose their Ice typing due to the warm temperatures and constant sunshine. This bivalve's shell soon became an apt dwelling for corals which prompted a symbiotic relationship; Cloyster's shell provided home while the corals provided not only a stronger defense and camouflage but food as well. Cloyster's shell also affects the coral in a different way by less hostile against each other and less prone to bleaching.

Cloyster is now covered in multi-colored coral colonies. Cloyster's actual body is now a shiny gold. While slower than its Ice counterpart, it is way more specially defensive.
>>
>>27507108
>look how angry i am pulling all this shit outta my ass!

you sure told me
>>
File: 90b874cddfc2b4b6691247fd59f68acd.jpg (277KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
90b874cddfc2b4b6691247fd59f68acd.jpg
277KB, 1440x1080px
Alolan Phanpy
Flying type
Stamina

Due to its proximity to the sea and the scarcity of food, Phanpy's body has changedd over the years. The Alolan population of Phanpy posses a lighter build with a sturdy rubbery skin that protects it from the elements. The most impresive adaptation Alolan Phanpy display, however, is the huge size of its ears that, in conjunction with inflatable sacs strategically located, allow Phanpy to glide along the shoreline in search for pasture and food, remaining airbone for extremely long periods of time.

Statwise, its special instead of physical, 90/40/40/60/60/40 instead of 90/60/60/40/40/40

I can't imagine how a Flying type Donphan would look like though.
>>
>>27522946
Alolan Roserade
Grass/Fairy
Natural Cure/Regenerator, HA: Technician

Alolan Roserade were first introduced to the region's environment when Hoenn traders made the cross ocean voyage to Alola. These peculiar Roserade thrived in hot, moist climate in conjunction with the powerful sunshine. They lost their poison attribute and the blooms on their hands not only lost their thorns but gained a new property.

The blooms petals can be used a powerful restorative. It can heal almost any ailment and instantly rejuvenate a person's body. They are best at healing poisoning too. They are extremely caring and are very gentle. They can be mischievous if their blooms are repeatedly sought after.

Their blooms resemble tropical morning glory and they are much larger than their poison type counterparts.
>>
Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine.

Fire/Water

Growlithe and Arcanine adapted to island life due to their trainers living on the beach. Rather than fight for limited food in the forest, Growlithe would watch their trainers fish, learning that if they want food, they should go get it in the ocean. Growlithe built up a resistance to water but still retained its fire type, due to its trainers realizing that they could send their Growlithe out to get fish and then use their flames to cook the fish.
>>
>>27521401
they could evolve to look less like rafflesia, and more like sea anemones.
>>
Alola Ludiculo
Type- Grass/Fire
Ablity-Drought
Alola Ludicolo have adapted tk the strong sunlight in the region and rely on it for their strength. Having been aroind fire dancers so long, eventually theu learned they ways of this art and have gained the power to control fire.
>>
>>27521142
dafuq
>>
File: image.png (286KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286KB, 900x681px
>>27519249
4u
>>
>>27508431
>DESERT
>TROPICAL ISLAND
>>
Alola Sunflora
Grass/Normal
Ability: Color Change

The Alolan variety of Sunflora learned to be able to adapt to the tropical climate of the islands. It also now looks more like the native hibiscus flower, and at base is the a bright white color. When attacked, the Alolan Sunflora has learned to change its type and coloration, and has increased its overall survivability.

Color Change only affects the secondary typing of Alola Sunflora.
>>
>>27524409
There is a desert in Hawaii.
>>
File: Alola_Dwebble_Crustle.png (63KB, 1839x1263px) Image search: [Google]
Alola_Dwebble_Crustle.png
63KB, 1839x1263px
Alola Dwebble

Water/Rock
Abilities: Sturdy/Shell Armor

Although Dwebble are famous for making homes within rocks, the Dwebble in the Alola region take a different approach. These pokemon began to have fondness for the many shells that scatter the beaches. They began to use them as their new homes and gained the Water type to match its new beach environment. If they feel that their shell is not safe enough from predators they will then retreat into the ocean.

Alola Crustle

Water/Rock
Abilities: Sturdy/Flash Fire

The Alola Dwebble evolve into the Alola Crustle and live in the oceans. Leaving the beaches they have grown accustomed to to volcanic underwater world of the Alola region and have rock formations that resemble deep sea vents. Magma is stored within these formations and underwater these vents will billow out mineral-rich hot water. It is common to find various Pokemon communities that live around the Alola Crustle.
>>
>>27524409
There is clearly a desert in Alola, and we are getting Ice-type Alola Forms for the Vulpix and Sandshrew lines when there is only snow and ice on the peaks of the Mauna Kea mountain.
>>
File: berry.png (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
berry.png
124KB, 500x500px
>>27512773
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.