[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People keep saying the designs are horrid and don't follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (6KB, 175x142px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 175x142px
People keep saying the designs are horrid and don't follow the evolutions because one is barabait and the other is furbait.... why?

I mean the last part, I honestly find that dumb. Popplio becomes a sleek seel, keeping in tone with the circus theme by being an acrobat, and it keeps the bubble aspect. Litten abandons the "motif" it has so far of being cool and relaxed and becomes a classic circus strongman and a heel wrestler. They're both keeping the circus theme so far, entertainers, I don't see why they're "bait"

You people seem very troubled sometimes, you're awfully quick to asume furries at work. You did it with salandit's dex, with the orchid mantis, and now these two. You need to stop thinking first about all the people who will inevitably fap to this, they will even if it isn't furbait. The designs aren't inherently sexualized, the mermaid's design is just as femenine as delphox, and the luchador has muscles to exentuate the over-the-top villan aspect.

I don't want people to like the designs, I sympathize with everyone who wanted something different and say these designs don't appeal to them, I get that, but at least use valid arguments intead of playing the furbait card and ditching any semblance of decency the discusion you're in could've had.

And since I know this is inevitable, no, I don't want to fuck either of them I wanna fuck the owl
>>
>>27506458

>acrobat
Like Greninja?

>circus strongman
Like Chesnaught?

Fuck off with this shit. Just because Popplio has a vague circus theme doesn't mean you need to force it on the rest. Stop grasping for "starter themes."
>>
>>27506494
You're stupid.
>>
>>27506533
Ur dum
>>
>>27506458
The only problem I have it's in the fact it's really girly instead of being neutral gendered
>>
>>27506458
That Popplio becomes sleek is a slap in the face for people who likes REAL sea lions. Real sea lions become fat motherfuckers who don't take shit.
>>
>>27506494
Get the fuck out
>>
>>27506458
There is no circus theme !!!!!!!! Nothing is circus about the kitten or the owl!
>>
>>27506574
^ This.

Delphox's design was rather ambiguous, and the long fur could be a dress or a robe.

This on the other hand is undoubtedly feminine.

And when you consider that starters lean towards being male instead of female, then this becomes even more baffling.
>>
>>27506533
>>27506819
literally fuck off you meaningless faggots,
at the VERY least describe the circus themeing.
>>
>>27506574
>muh gender ratios
>>
>>27506972
>>27506947
>>27506494
OP here
I didn't mean there was one, I'm saying if you could see it before, you can see it now. Sorry if I came accross as a staw grasper
>>
>>27506574
>>27506950
It really doesn't. The make only truly femenine thing about it is the eyes, which could be changed between genders for all we know.
>>
>>27506574
To be fair all the starter had a masculine approach before.
>>
>>27506616
Wanting a fat motherfucker.
>>
>>27506458
I don't care either way, since people's opinions are irrelevant.
I just wish the retards like you that keep spamming these threads would kill yourselves. You're nothing but cancer.
>>
>>27506458
It's just denialfags trying to damage control
>>
>>27506616
>>27506616
>>27506616
>>
>>27506458
The Popplio and Litten evolutions are just shit hideous, has nothing to do with attracting furries.
>>
>>27507092
This. Things like emboar, blaziken, infernape and blastoise are all undoubteldy masculine designs

>>27506616
>muh realism
Fuck off

>>27507118
Sorry, I just want people to have legitimate arguments when shitting on the designs, the fanbase being garbage isn't one by the way

>>27507151
>I don't like their designs
This. This is a valid argument, thank you for not pulling the furbait card. I'm happy you came here to shit on me and the thread like this.
>>
The artworks are pretty creative I didn't see them coming.
>>
I don't even mind the seal. I'm just sick of another fire starter with human fighting style thing.
>>
>>27507109
That's exactly what sea lions are. Popplio not becoming a fat motherfucker is unfaithful to sea lions.
>>
>>27507180
Actually I think blastoise look like a turtle, which is normal, no masculine features in it
same with infernape, he's a ape
Had a friend who through blaziken was pretty feminine so it's in function of the tastes
And emboar look pretty masculine for me too but boars are pretty big animals so it's kind of logic
But can you define make a design masculine for you ?
>>
>>27507061
>pearl scrunchies
>frilly tutu
>starfish hair accessory
>>
>>27507323
The anatomy mostly. Emboar, infernape and blaziken have a thick musculature, like littenlibre, and many details like shoulder length and waist-shoulder thickness seem more masculine than femenine.

Blastoise might just be nostalgia fucking with me.

>>27507384
>Pearly scrunchies
>Starfish hair accesory
Both are natural elements of the sea, I don't see how a haircut and accessories can make you femenine.

>frilly tutu
Its just the union of the tail with the body, and a remain of popplio's neck frill I pressume

>>27507302
>realism or nothing
You must hate 90% of starters

>>27507236
This is a valid argument, thanks for solid opinions
>>
no problem since they're fake af
>>
>>27507451
Shut the fuck up. It's clearly a feminine design. There's no debate.
>>
>>27507451
I really have to disagree with the musculature thing but you're pretty right the shoulder lenght and waist-shoulder thickness thing but with only this can we really say they are masculine design ? Everybody can be feminine or masculine despite his gender but with Popplio3 design it's really more than feminine, it's girly
>>
>>27507503
Please kindly leave my thread

>>27507539
But it isn't, its androgenous. And as said before, even if it wasn't, there's nothing wrong given many designs have been masculine to the same extent in the past

>>27507552
I don't agree, but I see why people would see it as female. Even then, what I said about masculine designs still stands
>>
>>27507151
>Poppmaid
>hideous

u wot m8?
>>
>>27507451
>Both are natural elements of the sea, I don't see how a haircut and accessories can make you femenine.
You would be surprised.
>>
>>27507585
They can be qualified as pretty masculine but they're not completely masculine only because of the shoulder lenght and waist-shoulder thickness, it's not enough to be completely masculine
>>
>>27507693
Just like a slender figure and small shoulders doesn't make you femenine

>>27507686
I know traps exist, but that just proves my point.
>>
>>27507693
Not him but most of them have a male ish personality you can see in the anime and just the animations themselves. And like he said the body type fits more the male side of things than the females. This is probably the first time we will get a full feminine design for a starter aside from the fenek line.
>>
>>27507585
>it's androgenous
>I see why people would see it as female
Femininity is societal concept, and Pop3 matches much of what a society sees as feminine; slender, beautiful, long hair, pink, thick eyelashes. This is more than just about its accessories. You can "see", but I really don't think you understand that people just aren't going to see it your way because of how ingrained these symbols of what femininity is to society are, especially western society. You simply cannot deny it, and people aren't going to change how they view something when it's been hammered down into pretty much since birth, at least not as easily.
>>
>>27507747
I'm actually talking about the frills, the pearls and the pink who is often associated to girls.

>>27507796
You're right on this point but they can still be females beside the fact they have a body having males features but the problem with the girly design is it's almost completely excluding the male popplio3 (for me at least)
>>
>>27507984
True but it did the same for me with the other design I could not see infernape,emboar or charizard has a female.
>>
>>27507747
Dude, the whole purpose behind a trap is to look as girly as possible, that's why they're called traps.
If anything, it disproves your point even further.
>>
>>27508037
I didn't think about it that way. I fucked myself up

>>27507961
You're right, I just don't want people to say its furshit, and the argument that its too femenine is still dumb considering how manly and masculine starters have been in the past
>>
>>27508012
I can understand your point of view but how can you not see charizard as a girl ? Her episode was pretty good (I only remember it from when I was a child don't tell me if it's shit)
>>
Because poeple expected more than barabait and yiffbait after seeing the fake leaks like ballio and co.
>>
>>27506458
See the sad thing is anon that most /vp/ users are probably 23, sitting in their underwear and a vest eating 3-day old crisps in their bedroom in their parent's house, just finished having their 9th wank of the day, with the closest they've had to a sexual encounter is Dany in got being naked.
>aren't you like this too?
Nope, luckily for me, I'm gay :)
>>
>>27508137
I didn't remember that. But in a way they needed to put a bow and long eyelashes to make it feminine. Its obvious in the original artwork its more masculine for the cool effect with young boys.
>>
>>27508196
If I can reach out to the 7 people who think these are furbait that aren't disgusting neckbeards and strike a decent argument, I'll call this thread a success

>>27508184
But they aren't barabait and yiffbait. Please let me know why you think that, I want to see your point of view.

>>27508228
This. When you need to add accessories to make it femenine, its not a femenine design. Much like if we take away the pearls and starfish, sealio is much more androgenous.
>>
>>27508290
No popmaid is more on the feminine side with its slender forme. Dosent mean it can't be male but its more feminine than the other starters that came before.
>>
>>27508133
>I don't want people to say its furshit
Yea, I don't either, and it is dumb. But as much as I have changed *my* opinion on what I view as masculine and feminine, I'm going to acknowledge that people who don't stereotype these attributes are the minority.
>>
File: Frightening sight.jpg (50KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Frightening sight.jpg
50KB, 500x371px
Maybe I just happen to have something against it merely because it happens to throw the whole male sea lion design idea out the window and completely opts for a female sea lion design to represent both genders when the creature by itself has incredible differences in gender alone.

Have you ever seen a male sea lion? I'll just assume you do. They're far much thicker. Now take a good look at Poppmaid and tell me in the face its design is coordinated enough to tolerate the idea of both a female and a male sea lion.

I have nothing against anyone, I just so happen to love sea lions myself, but adapting the whole mermaid concept into this pokemon is already quite a tricky conception. Even talking to my brother, when I discussed to him about these leaks, he legitimately thought the whole sea lion into mermaid thing was honestly kind of dumb.

This is another important point, just because you come up with this "unique" approach with the mermaid thing, does not mean everyone will like it and this might even alienate many Water starter pickers who just don't happen to have the "adquired taste" to get something as elegant as her, you can't just deny this.

I can't say I'm unaware of the whole selkie/siren thing, but both those things? They also just so happen to be mostly recognized as female. Regardless of how the gender rates now work, whether it's 87.5 to 12.5 or fifty fifty, this design or rather, the mermaid/siren/selkie concept itself simply does not work with these no matter how much you want your female sea lion to be a male one. This pretty much defies common sense.

... Which is why I think this might not be the only default form. Be as it may, they probably have gender differences to work out in the designs themselves. They might remove or change elements of it in order to fit more the idea of a male sea lion or, if they are insane enough, have split evolutions like the rumors say.
>>
>>27506458
I don't think there even is a circus theme. Popplio is a clown but it's evolution is unrelated. People immediately decided Litten had to be a fire hoop tiger because its a tiger and rowlet had to be a ringmaster because it had a bowtie. Not even a tophat. You could argue Panthster is a circus strongman but it is based on Tiger Mask and we know this, and then we have Robin Hood and a Mermaid.
>>
>>27508834

I think we should wait until we see the middle evolution first before we write the off the transition as not making sense.
>>
>>27506458
I'm always the guy that tries to keep things rational and civil, and I try to take something great from all designs, but these ones are absolute utter garbage. Granted, the owl looks like it might potentially look good in-game, but the tiger and the mermaid are all-around awful and lack any redeemable qualities. The mermaid is worst of all because it looks way too feminine. It looks like one of those ugly dress-me-up dolls little girls play with, with an aquatic theme tacked on or something. Absolute trash.
>>
>>27507451
spotted the gay
>>
>>27509035
Gen 5.
>>
>>27509035
>The mermaid is worst of all because it looks way too feminine. It looks like one of those ugly dress-me-up dolls little girls play with, with an aquatic theme tacked on or something.

How is this even a valid argument? Not prefering feminine things is one thing, but something being feminine doesn't inherently make it bad.
>>
>>27508133
There is at best one starter that is really masculine(emboar). Otherwise, every single one is gender neutral or closer to feminine.
>>
>>27508387
>>27508400
Alright, I guess poppmaid is femenine. My argument with the whole "starters aren't androgenous" thing still stands

>>27508834
Thanks for the insight. You're right in your asertions. I myself, however, have never really liked the whole "pokemon must always have a solid basis on reality" thing most people stablish. Sure, realism and adhering to real world inspirations is always important, but you can always take artistic liberties and make a new interesting design out of something with seemingly little variability. I'm not saying it's the best popplio could've been, I'm just saying as far as popplio could've been, this is pretty good.

thanks for not playing the furbait card, you seem like a nice person.

>>27508852
I know, read a post I made before about that

>>27509035
I don't agree but I understand your point. I still don't think starters should be androgenous, they can go for masculine and female designs if GF feels like it, and I feel like maybe this gens "new" theme will change stuff like these crazy gender ratios.

>>27509094
I'm not gay. I consider myself straight

>>27509158
Hey, I liked gen V! Just kidding, as much as I liked it all of the designs baring seperior were trash, even serperior was mediocre at best.
>>
>>27509254
I disagree. As I said before, designs like blaziken, emboar and infername have male anatomy, and the designs or charizard, scpetile and blastoise have been mostly masketed as male.

There's nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with a female-looking starter
>>
Delphox isn't explicitly feminine, furfags see it that way. It's an archetypal wizard. Frail, with big robes. Furmaid is implicitly feminine, and you're denying reality if you deny that.

>>27507961
>Femininity is a social construct
Go back to Tumblr. It's something recognizable in nature through sexual dimorphism and neoteny. Thick eyelashes, slender, small bodies are feminine by design because that's how women evolved over the past hundreds of the thousands of years. Basically, we recognize what is feminine based on what women are and have always been, not the other way around.
>>
I forgot about the circus theme, it does match Tiger Mask since Wrestling is a carny attraction
>>
>>27509456
You're contradicting yourself. You say there's certain features that are inherently femenine, and I agree, but delphox has several of those, its shoulder-to-waist girth is on favor of its hips, a female aspect, and you can see this in braixen. Furthermore, if you believe femnine behaviour is instinctively something, well, femenine, like you're saying, delphox and braixen specially have this too.

I already admited to Mermalion being femenine looking, sorry.
>>
>>27509035
>It looks like one of those ugly dress-me-up dolls little girls play with, with an aquatic theme tacked on or something.

Why? Because it has hair? I'm not seeing this at all.
>>
>>27508290
Because sex sells dipshit, you think gamefreak doesnt pander to furries or something?
>>
>>27509905
I know they do, stuff like lopunny proves that, but these can't be, they'd be too subtle anyways. The design choices they went with require them to look the way they look. To be a heel wrestler, litten needs to look buff, intimidating and powerfull, and in order to look like a mermaid, popplio must look slender, femenine and have a generally pretty stance. I don't see how its sexualized to the point of being bait, it is sexualized as much as its needed to be in order for the designs to work.

Cuntface.
>>
>>27509905
I don't think they know what a furry is.
They might just be pandering to the horny Japanese boys.
>>
>>27506458
People here don't like popplio's evo because it is feminine. I'm not sure why that has to be an issue, but that's the reasoning I've been seeing.
>>
>>27511295
So far, aside from some few people calling it either overdesigned or saying they don't like humanoid mons, this is the only real argument thus far. Looks like /vp/ is very insecure about themselves huh? I bet 60% of this site is closet furries
>>
>>27511424
I think it goes hand in hand with people being uncomfortable having female mons on their team unless they are sexualized like goodra and gardevoir.
>>
>>27506458
The cat is disgusting
The other two are passable
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.