[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just came home from work where I had to laugh every 15 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: dragon.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
3MB, 1600x900px
I just came home from work where I had to laugh every 15 minutes remembering how ridiculous alola exeggcute looks.

definitely gonna get one in my first play through.

wat are your opinions on it and the other alolan forms?

I personally like the concept but I'm not a fan of ruining old pokmeon by giving them an ice typing
>>
>>27505198
>I personally like the concept but I'm not a fan of ruining old pokmeon by giving them an ice typing
This. Four of five are Ice type. In a tropical region (and yes, I know volcanoes can still have snow in tropical areas).

Also, Alola Exeggutor is majestic.
>>
>>27505485

Ice typing was designed to be the glass canon type, and then GF just gave every water type ice moves and poorly stated every single Ice pokemon to be bulky tanks.

Ice has the potential to work, it just needs pokemon with better stats.
>>
Alola Exeggutor is 10/10

literally the pinnacle of what it means to be a Exeggutor
>>
All of the new designs are fanfuckingtastic, can't wait to see what else they come up with. I have a feeling it's only gonna be the original 151 again though.
>>
i like all of the designs but i would have preferred if they retained some of their original typing

i.e.
>sandrew = ground/ice
>vulpix = fire/fairy (or ice/fire?)
>>
>>27505198
I can't decide whether he reminds me more of a bong or the NOPE meme
>>
>>27505198

>I personally like the concept but I'm not a fan of ruining old pokmeon by giving them an ice typing

How is it "ruining" old Pokemon if the originals still exist?
>>
It's honestly impressive how Gamefreak took an awfully designed forgettable Gen 1 mon and made it perfect by turning it into a fucking palm tree
>>
10/10 so far. I'm glad that they're actually making use of the ice mountain. I also feel that they nailed the tropical theme.
>>
File: Mauna Kea.jpg (331KB, 3072x1964px) Image search: [Google]
Mauna Kea.jpg
331KB, 3072x1964px
Making good use of the ice mountain while nailing the tropical theme. I also really love the subspecies and the descriptions for them seeing how real Hawaii is endeminism central.
>>
>>27508026
>made it perfect by turning it into a fucking palm tree

it is and always will be a coconut tree
>>
>>27505198
>ruining old pokmeon
The old pokemon still exist. How is an optional variant "ruining" them?
>>
>>27505198
I am just sad they wasted the opportunity to finally make ninetales a ghost type.
>>
>>27510835
We could have a different Ninetales version for each gen! I'd be all for it
>>
>>27507824
>Making the Gen I Pokemon more interesting and less bland and a product of their technological limited time
I can get behind that.
>>
>>27505198
I'm kind of hoping some variants get an additional evolution.

Sort of like how Alola's Exeggcutor is it's "true" form, perhaps only Alola's Exeggcutor has a third stage? Would give GF another reason to bullshit third stages onto old pokemon again.
>>
>>27507412
but how the fuck do you make frisk viable competitively?
>>
>>27511611
Z-moves and Megas.
>>
File: i went to college for this.jpg (36KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
i went to college for this.jpg
36KB, 357x368px
>>27511642
but anon, you have yet to tell exactly how the flying shit is Frisk viable in competitive play and if i will be able to actually ride my exeggutor into battle like some Norse viking God
>>
>>27512252
Frisk tells you when a pokemon is packing a Z-move or a Mega.
>>
>>27512252
m8, he's gonna be a physical attacker with Harvest as his ability.
You'll be able to do Yache berry + dragon dance + harvest + synthesis
>>
>>27512332
something they will use instantly the battle starts wow thats so game changing and will definitely flip the tables
>>
>>27510487
Shut the fuck up bitch!
>>
I like it because it looks more like actual fucking coconut tree than normal Exeggutor does.
>>
>>27507010
That's never happening
Clearly bulky ice types are some in joke at gamefreak
>>
>>27505198
I feel like they were extremely unnessicary. They should've made a new arctic fox, dragon tree(?) Pokemon. They're so different than their normal forms, that the only thing they share is basic design. However, I like them, and Executor is definately my favorite.
>>
>>27510914
>All of the Kalos Forms are either Normal-type or Fairy-type.
>>
>>27505198
>ruining old pokémon...
At least they aren't getting their own pokedex entries, dex numbers, and names. That would be super lazy and be the worst kind of variant. Look at digimon:
Augumon
Blackaugumon
Toyaugomon

Simple reskins and "dex" padding.
>>
>>27508026
>forgettable
nigga Eggy was OU in Gens 1 and 2, but it sadly got a huge nerf with the Special split.
>>
>>27512459
>knowing what will happen one turn in advance
>not usefull
>>
>>27513343
>not liking toyagumon.
>>
>>27505485
But ice is just cold white sand. It makes perfect sense.
>>
>>27513233

I don't think it's a joke, GF stats based off the pokemon's design rather than balance.

Since ice type mons are mostly fat as fuck or crystalline, they are stated like walls.

Notice how the only fast ice types are a ninja weasel and an ice ghost based on a yokai known for being quick with a bow.
>>
>>27505198
guaranteed a slot in my first run
>>
>>27512407
It has Frisk as its ability.
>>
>>27512252
>huh, i wonder if this garchomp is holding a rocky helmet, choice scarf, or garchompite?
>oh, it's a choice scarf. well, now i don't need to worry about dragon dance. he's probably going for the outrage/dragon claw.
>thanks exeggutor
>>
>>27514171
We don't know its hidden ability. It's probably gonna be harvest just like normal exeggutor
>>
Alolan Marowak??? One of those trial captains bio mentions a Marowak- the fire guy
>>
>>27505198
>>27505485
>Ruining
The originals still exist you dumb dumbs

World building is great, this game is a biologist's wet dream
>>
>>
>>27514343
probably gonna be part fire type referencing those fire stick dancers
>>
>>27505198

>Gamefreak literally took Exeggutor
>and performed the Quan-Chi fatality on it

i can't hate it, it's impossible. It's just so stupid that I can't.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.