[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp... It looks like my Fire Dragon got killed by a Bulbasa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Welp... It looks like my Fire Dragon got killed by a Bulbasaur... How can this be? I thought mega Charizard Y was all OP and shit. I guess I fell for the hype. I should have easily been able to OHKO that Bulbasaur but in the end it OHKOed me.... fucking sucks man

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-409766968
>>
>>27501717
>Endure
>Chlorophyl
>Weakness Policy
>Hidden Power Rock

I laughed. You're just bad. Setting up hazards allowing Serperior to boost itself, is asking being steamrolled.
>>
Bulbasaur Stronk. Serve you right faggot for doubting the power of the Bulbasaur.
>>
Youre just awful, dont blame zard
>>
>>27501755
Nice dubs. What can I do to improve my team though? Should I have lead with ferrothorn? I thought I could clear his team out with charizard alone. Flamethrower for the Grass types and Weavile, and Solarbeam for Rotom and Diggersby and a dragon pulse for garchomp
>>
>>27501816
what did I do wrong? my charizard should have destroyed his whole team with flamethrowers, solarbeams, and dragon pulses.
>>
File: UU0cYV1.jpg (57KB, 940x472px) Image search: [Google]
UU0cYV1.jpg
57KB, 940x472px
>>27501717
I gave up on Charizard a long time ago man. Just get rid of him from your team. He's way too frail and rock attacks are everywhere.
>>
>>27501871
You need to watch out for obvious traps. Don't give your opponent the time to set up and dont let your glass cannon take hits. The fact that Bulba stayed in made it pretty obvious he had a plan.

I dont understand how he was faster though. Endure has priority but HP does not. Were you trying to use Dragon Tail?
>>
>>27502038
>I dont understand how he was faster though.

Bulbasaur had Chlorophyll. Doubled speed from Charizard Y's sun.

You guys need to get good.
>>
>>27502038
No. I was going for another flamethrower. That puzzled me too. although I was running a bulkier charizard set because Pokemon Showdown suggested it based on the moveset I chose of
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Solarbeam
and Roost
>>
>>27501961
seriously this, it's time to let go.
>>
File: tajiri.jpg (45KB, 177x178px) Image search: [Google]
tajiri.jpg
45KB, 177x178px
>>27502123
So are you suggesting that my opponent was just using his Bulbasaur as a Charizard Y counter just to be a dick to people? considering the fact that it is very common in OU?
>>
>>27502226
Yes.That's an anti-meta tactic. Not a great one, but it does what it tries to do to scrubs.
>>
>some fuckin plant kills the strongest dragon pokemon

yeah proof pokemon is dead
>>
>>27501717
It IS good, you just suck.
>>
>>27501717

>Implying this would ever happen
>Implying you didn't samefag that battle
>>
>>27501834
You shouldn't have let the snake boost
>>
>>27502301
Nah. I don't think OP sucks it is just that his opponent is pretty good. Like how Sejun Park came up with that cool ass pachirisu
>>
>>27502348
I looked up the opponent on Showdown Replays and They have used this strategy before

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-409201452

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-408947619

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-408933730
>>
>>27501717
Your biggest mistake was one that I see all the time, and one that is so fucking stupid. Staying in with Ferrothorn and setting up hazards while just letting Serperior boost is pants-on-head retarded. Should have been Gyro Balling that entire time.

I don't care what you've heard. Taking out threats is more important than setting up hazards. Hazards don't matter if the other team never needs to send out another Pokemon.
>>
File: 33wb053.png (90KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
33wb053.png
90KB, 320x265px
>>27502348
It seems that they have used a Venusaur in all of these except OP's where it looks like they were using a bulbasaur for the lols

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-408902591
>>
File: 250px-598Ferrothorn.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-598Ferrothorn.png
42KB, 250x250px
>>27501717
Learn how to use Ferrothorn better. Although I am not sure you had a good switch in either though
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.