[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think alola variants have the same BST/stat spread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

Do you think alola variants have the same BST/stat spread?

I think the BSTs will stay the same but stat spreads altered.
>>
>>27495911

Same BST, altered stat spread.

Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash are stated to be slower than the regular ones.
>>
>>27495942
Also more defensive, lol defensive ice types
>>
>>27495911
Sandslash will have higher defense/attack but reduced speed and special attack
Exeggutor will have higher hp and either attack or special attack, but reduced speed
Ninetails could go either way, but i'd assume higher special stats and reduced physical stats
>>
>>27495976
>reduced speed
>already 55

i'm betting on a switcheroo of attack and special attack for exeggcutor
>>
>>27495976
I hope Ninetails ice is fast, regardless Fairy helps ice type defensively.

Loses the fighting weakness and only 4x weakness is to Steel, one of the rarest attacking types.
>>
>>27495976
I don't really care for Ninetails, but I really hope GF uses the unusual level of competence they have been displaying to make this Ninetails work. If this thing keeps moderate bulk, but dumps attack for Spe and SpA, I could see it hitting UU.
>>
>>27495970
SLOW defensive ice types
>>
>>27495942
>Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash are stated to be slower than the regular ones
>110 base def
>65 base speed
This... is gonna be interesting. Hopefully it'll at least get Ice Shard and Gyro Ball.
>>
>>27495911
Fun fact: Currently no ice type exists with both speed and special attack stats over 100.

Gamefreak will blow this chance somehow, and the best we can pray for is snow warning as a hidden ability.
>>
>>27496072
>not running garchomp gyarados Aloa Sandslash defensive core
Smh
>>
>>27496004
too bad scizor and medicham are everywhere
>>
>>27495970
>>27496072
Yeah let's ignore the fact it's also going to have STAB Gyro Ball and Ice Shard, as well as Toxic Spikes immunity and benefits from Sticky Web so it can perform its intended duty (Rapid Spinning) better.
>>
>>27496119
Mega Glalie
>>
I'm curious to see what their HAs are gonna be.

Snow Warning is probably gonna be on Ninetales to mirror Drought (unless we get some kind of auto-terrain ability like Tapu Koko's Electric Surge), but what can Sandslash have?
Some kind of Snow Rush? Pointless if it gets Ice Shard, though.

Tough Claws would be interesting. Look at those things.
>>
>>27496119
>yfw ninetales gets nasty plot
if it gets 110+speed you might be able to boost after switching in on dragon moves
or maybe they wouldn't switchout and they'd KO you with fireblast

either way, this is not going to take a bullet punch well, which is on mega medicham, scizor and lucario
>>
>>27496200
>it's good under sticky web
am I being memed?
>>
>>27496213
What about Adaptability?
>>
>>27496220
Too risky for dragons to stay
Even more if it still gets will o wisp
>>
>>27496236
Makes sense, since adapting is exactly what it did.
I like it.
>>
Exeggutor is going to have physical and special reverse and possibly faster but HP drop.
Possibly learn Dragon Rush(Dragon Dive in japan) and Wood Hammer.
>>
>>27496220
>they'd KO you with fireblast

non-STAB Fire Blasts aren't gonna KO it. Ninetales has solid special bulk.
>>
>>27496200
>using a rapid spinner
>in 2017
>>
File: 1470105929615.jpg (307KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
1470105929615.jpg
307KB, 720x552px
>>27496247
Don't forget Dragon Tail and pic related.
>>
>>27496213
Technician sheer force or filter
>>
>>27496200
I'm on the fence about Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball, since Snowshrew can't actually curl into a ball.
>>
>snowshrew
There is no fucking way a slow pokemon with double weaknesses to fire and fighting will be usable.
>>
>>27496251
Unless ninetales sacrifices sdef for speed and sp A
>>
>>27496288
Alot of mons resist or are immune to those types
Lik Dragonite
>>
>>27496224
No?
Slow steel types with Gyro Ball love switching into Sticky Web.
>>
>>27496273
Yet the trailer shows it using Ice Ball, which kind of contradicts that statement.
Pretty weird.
>>
>>27496310
so what? you're gonna get one kill and then get KOed by anything that has fire or fighting stab
>>
reminds me of how everyone thought Furfrou was gonna be good
>oh my god it takes half the damage from physical attacks, what a monster wall
game arrives, it's shit. who woulda guessed
>>
>>27496247
Power Whip
It'd be nice if he got Harvest too but then again I have a feeling he'll get a stat boost instead of rearranging.
>>
>>27496288
Aggron says hi
>>
>>27496323
>get one kill
>implying it will survive one attack
>>
>>27496320
Hmm, good point.
>>
>>27496323
It's super slow anyway and why are you switching into one of its weaknesses when it has fucking 8 resistances to abuse?

If it gets Rapid Spin it's gonna have lots of opportunities to use it, ice type or not.
>>
It's a shake snowpix is pure ice, ice/fairy in little cup would be cool.
>>
>>27496349
>non-mega aggron
>usable
good joke mate real funny
>>
>>27496349
not weak to fire
>>
>>27496323
No. You get a kill then switch out like someone with a brain.
>>
We can pretty much assume Alola will only have around 70 brand new mons like Kalos thanks to this feature, right?

Genwunners won again.
>>
you smogon fags suck the fun out of everything. how can you enjoy these games anymore
>>27496119
frosslass
>>
>>27496405
>froslass
>over 100 special attack
try again
>>
>>27496361
Actually I use normal Aggron all the time. He isn't great, but he is more than usable.
>>
>>27496119
Here's hoping. Worst case is it's the same stats.

>>27496209
>Over
Mega glalie has 100 special attack.

>>27496405
froslass has 80 special attack.

There is only one answer, it's arceus ice. That hardly counts.
>>
>>27496209
not over 100 speed
>>
>>27496384
>implying they won't predict and obvious switch out and boost

>>27496349
>entire BST into defense
>when it has 4x weakness to the 2 most common phys types
nice nice
>>
I think Iceslash is actually the more competitive viable of the two, assuming it gets Ice Shard, Gyro Ball and Rapid Spin.

As anons above have said it still has a ton of resistances and can easily come into lots of physical attackers and spin, plus that dual STAB helps dealing with troublesome types such as flying, dragon and fairy.

Those weaknesses suck but it can be paired with something like Talonflame which resists all of them and benefits from hazard removal.

Anyway if Iceslash and Icetails get a good HA their viability will be greatly boosted. Snow Cloak is like the worst possible ice-related ability they could come up with, virtually everything else is going to be an upgrade.
>>
>>27496444
Iceslash would have to hit the holy grail of HAs to be useful. Ice/Steel is in fact a good typing, but its at its worst on something slow
>>
>>27496273
To be fair, it apparently passes curling into a ball for curling itself at people. Or to put it a different way, they sled at people/act like a hockey puck but larger on ice and their claws are for navigating that way
>>
>>27496480
Technician or refrigerate would be great. An ice type rapid spin would be unblockable.
>>
>>27496200
Senpai...Mach and bullet punch is going to murder this thing before it even has the chance to fight.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10886853/
>>
>>27496480
My money's on Adaptability or Tough Claws.
>>
>>27495911
I'm a little concerned about Icepix, Ninetails description on the website mentions an attack that sounds a lot like icicle spear. Are the madmen going to try and make it physical or something?

>>27496480
Sand rush but hail would be the best it could do.
Or even sand rush itself. lel.
>>
>>27496596
Could be Ice Shard, too.
Or something new, since it says it can pulverize rocks.

Maybe some new physical Freeze Dry that damages Rock-types?
>>
>>27496571
>Bullet Punch

it's not weak to steel
>>
>>27496444
You can pair Iceslash with Azumarill too.
>>
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-sandshrew/

>Its heavy weight makes the Alolan Sandshrew slower than a normal Sandshrew, but the claws on its hands and feet allow it to move across ice without slipping. When it wants to move quickly, it uses its stomach to slide across the ice like a curling rock.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-sandslash/

>The weight of the ice that covers its body makes these Alolan Sandslash heavier than normal Sandslash, and this causes them to be slower. Yet in snow fields and on ice, they move by creating a path with their claws, and so they’re able to move with swiftness.

Seeing how Snow Cloak is equivalent to Sand Veil, and it's stated how they can move fast on ice, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a hail equivalent to Sand Rush
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.