[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>put on a shiny new coat >change typing >swap stats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: retype.png (1MB, 1452x712px) Image search: [Google]
retype.png
1MB, 1452x712px
>put on a shiny new coat
>change typing
>swap stats around but keep the same bst
>call it a new pokemon

Creatively bankrupt
>>
>>27494410
It's not a new Pokemon retard it's a forme-Variation
See Megas, Meleotta,Rotom
>>
this meme is already getting old
>>
Is Scizor on here because that's literally what it is?
>>
>look mommy i posted it again
>>
If I breed normal vulpix in Alola will I get the ice or the normal one?
>>
>>27494784
same as the mother probably
>>
>>27494799

>normal ninetales getting ice and fairy moves

I want it
>>
>Hawaiian versions
>they're all ice
>>
>>27495171

>what are mountains
>>
Along with Z moves this is much better than having Megas in my opinion.

Pokemon was created by fans of science and biology and they have always tried to includ minor details like regional, gender, and size differences. It would only make sense that we have these unique regional type changes.

Megas just felt too over the top and over designed. These are perfect
>>
>>27495437
I think regional differences are an amazing addition to be honest, I just think they really debut it with the wrong ones.

So far they've been highlighting that Alola is a tropical paradise, why show a bunch of ice types? Especially for Pokemon that seem pretty well suited to a tropical climate?

A fire type variant of Geodude as a volcanic rock that evolves into a pumice Gravaler and an obsidian golem would have been cool. Or what about a water type Ekans that has a sea-snake pattern insead? A grass/dark Persian that has tiger stripes?

Those all seem more wild and exotic than an arctic fox and a frozen shrew, to me.
>>
>>27495437

The lack of item to change makes it better, but I doubt there will be a bst increase so that sucks
>>
>>27495763
gave me the words for the feelings ive had for these alternate forms. thank you so much. like you said the idea is really good, but the types they chose and the location theyre found in dont make sense to me
>>
>>27494410
Watch out, you will trigger the /vp/ contrarians and deviantards.
>>
>>27495966
Dude, Hawaii has a shit ton of different Biomes. I've personally been snowboarding in hawaii.
>>
>>27496006

Yeah but I'm pretty ignorant of the world and to me Hawaii is only warm beaches and volcanoes so why didn't GameFreak only do that theme????
>>
>>27496024
I would assume the majority is or at least is close to that biome type, but at the same time they wanted something that would really deviate from the norm. Alternately, it could encompass more than just Hawaii.

What if there are multiple variants based on different biomes? We know of four finches after all.
>>
>>27495763
Because the marketers know that normal people will say "Holy shit did you see that sick Ice Ninetales, it's sooooo cool" when talking about this reveal rather than "Wow how embarrassing, Game Freak showed off Pokemon that lived in snowy areas despite mostly marketing their game's tropical climate, what a blunder"
New forms that fit the tropical theme are cool (and we have one in Exeggutor) but limiting their creativity to just stereotypically tropical variants just doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.