[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everything about Sun/Moon's marketing is making it look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 1469061778052.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469061778052.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>everything about Sun/Moon's marketing is making it look like it'll follow the direction XY went
>all they do is reveal pokemon and features
>they've shown next to nothing about the exploration
>nothing on characters and story

Just like XY, it's gonna turn into a soulless mess stuffed with features only kids would find neat. And the actual good features will end up being half-assed. And the story and characters will end up completely shit-tier.

But I'm still gonna be their bitch and play their shitty game cause I'm a fucking sheep. At least this time I can just pirate the game.
>>
Yeah, I'm starting to worry SM is going to be like XY in many ways - completely shit story and characters, genwun pandering out the ass, even easier than previous games, not enough actually new Pokemon (no I don't count forms as new mons), etc. Mainline games aren't known for their amazing plots but still, I want them to put more effort into it than they did with XY.

I'll try to reserve judgment til the games come out though.
>>
>>27480340
XY are the only games that have a proper story.
What are you even talking about?
>>
File: 7.jpg (522KB, 1480x921px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
522KB, 1480x921px
>>27480340
Don't worry guys, in eight to twelve years some bored programmers will crack SM on a working 3DS emulator and we'll get to enjoy some sweet ROM hacks that finally turn all this potential into an interesting game with good writing, good mechanics, classic features done well and a great pokedex!

Right?
>>
>>27480340
>Shown next to nothing about exploration
>They literally just revealed the HM replacement
>For exploration
Why would you want the game's amazing locales spoiled for you anyways anon?
>>
File: 1458279104427.png (98KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1458279104427.png
98KB, 500x280px
>>27480776
We can only hope.
>>
>gen 1 plot
>happy 10th birthday, now go out and catch 'em all
>also there's team rocket and they're bad

explain why you're bitching about the plot again? they literally can't do worse than gen 1
>>
>>27480849
It's better to not try at a plot than try to create something good and fail really hard.
>>
>>27480830
The same reason why you don't mind having the new pokemon get spoiled for you.
>>
>>27480849
Wrong, Gen 1's plot was:
>My neighbour is a fucking asshole, and thinks he's better than me!
>My way is always fucking blocked and TEAM ROCKET are the ones doing it I swear I will kill them all

Good plot, made you want to go forward.
>>
>>27480849
Oh my God you underage faggots have liter all dozens of threads to go play in, get out.

Gen 1:
>Pokemon professor recruits adventurous young people for field work research
>organized crime makes use of powerful creatures to extort/exploit businesses
>quest to become a great trainer ties your path up with crime syndicate
>thwart them with the unlikely help of hometown rival
>continue chasing dream of becoming renowned
>Gen II is a straight up fucking sequel
>legendaries are the stuff of legend

Gen 4+
>MAGICAL POKEMON ARE TWISTING THE SPACE NETHER TIME VORTEX
>SIXTEEN LEGENDARIES ARE ALL TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING
>TEAM SUPER MASSIVE QUASAR IS TRYING TO ENSLAVE THE ENTIRE POKEMANIFOLD AND RUN THE PLANET INTO THE FUCKING GROUND
>YOU HAVE TO GET THESE BADGES AND STOP THEM, MORALFAG PROTAGONIST!
>>
>>27480340
I agree, but for different reasons.

All I always expect from new gens is that they fix the types and the flaws the mainline games tend to have.
But since XY Gamefreak seems obsessed with dumping gimmicks that deviate the games from their long established essence so they can desperately keep the attention on their franchise.

They introduced megas and both normalfags and the majority of /vp/ were creaming themselves all over while I hated them from first day.
Now everyone's hyped as fuck with the forms, more than with megas even, and I'm just afraid that SM will shape to be just like XY.
I'm really a fucking minority today; literally saw no one disliking the new forms.

At least the new "no-gym" system seems interesting enough.
>>
>>27481067
>I AM GOING TO USE CAPSLOCK TO MAKE IT SOUND SILLY!!!

10/10
>>
>>27481123
>rhema
>rhetoric
>undergraduate poster chooses rhetoric

Unsurprising
>>
>>27481067
>implaying
I'm just an anon strolling by and even I know that black and white has the best story because at least they put some fucking effort in it.
Honestly this is the problem with pokemon, it could be even bigger if they just made an effort in the right places instead of adding new and useless shit every gen. It's lost potential the series.
>>
>>27481067
>thwart them with the unlikely help of hometown rival
When? I only remember him beating you up right before you went to challenge their boss.
>Pokemon professor recruits adventurous young people for field work research
>continue chasing dream of becoming renowned
These are in every generation.
>>
>>27481226
Exactly. This is why it felt like BW and XY were games that took different directions. And SM seems like it's following XY, where they're afraid of leaving their comfort zone and instead turn on pandering to casuals, kids and genwunners to the max.
>>
>>27481226
Agreed at loads of wasted potential, disagree that BW had the best story.

Gen II had the best story in my personal opinion
>>
>>27481360
What?

They've completely dropped gyms and giving spotlight to lesser mon's. They may be from gen one, but it's not like 2 charizard megas or Gengar
>>
I'm getting a ton of red flags, especially from this last trailer. I like some of the designs, I guess, but holy shit the actual game seems like it is going to be bad.
>>
>>27481226
>if they just made an effort in the right places instead of adding new and useless shit every gen. It's lost potential the series.
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why everyone loves stupid gimmicks so much.
>>
>>27480340
>>27480695
hahahahaha
>>
>>27480776
>eight to twelve years
???
ORAS already have romhacks and they've only been out a few years
>>
>>27481634
Citra can't handle Pokemon though, what emulator do you play them on?
>>
>>27481634
But all those romhacks except for the lewd mods are complete and utter shit.
>>
>>27480776
It's already possible to hack them, unless you mean more complex scripting that will be considerably easier with an emulator.
>>
>>27480340
At least regional forms are better than sayan mode pokemon
And they showed the new forms on less popular pokemon, which could mean that We won't get them just for Charizard lucario and legendaries
>>
>>27481464
While I do think changing the formula is a good thing, it depends on how they change it. From what I'm seeing, it pretty much looks like we have to do some menial task before we can fight the "gym leader". The quests don't seem very innovative either, but I'll have to actually play the game to find out. Can't help but have low expectations though from how they're handling everything so far.
>>
>>27480340
XY was ok for me. We had engine, graphics, online, everything updated from previous gen. It was really fresh.

ORAS was disappointing.

And after ORAS, I'm cautiously seeing the news without following the /vp/ hype train.
>>
>never ever will we have a B/W tier story again
>>
What Pokemon game wasn't a soulless mess with no story?

Seriously, if anything I hope they tone down the fucking "story". It's dull when a game about having a fun adventure capturing shit is forcing an evil team that wants to conquer the world in it.
>>
>implying any Pokemon game has shown off the "exploration"
>giving a shit about the story in Pokemon
>>
>>27481073
Must be scary to be alone disliking something.
>>
>>27481877
>We had engine, graphics, online, everything updated from previous gen.

And character customization. But there were equally bad parts about it which ultimately brought it down to an "ok" level. And those good parts you mentioned and the bad parts of XY were the same in ORAS, which is why I also didn't enjoy it because I've already experienced it.
>>
>>27481542
What are some of the red flags?
>>
>>27481995
A little, but I'm used to the mass having shit taste :^)
>>
>>27481943
See, you're assuming the game needs an evil team to have a decent story. It doesn't even need to be intrusive to be good. It could be part of the exploration.
>>
>>27481073
>>27482046
You're not alone anons. We agree. It's cold and dark out there.
>>
>>27482051
I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying history proves that when they try for a story, it becomes a complete chore. The last thing I'm looking for in this game is a good plot, I'm fine with just having a chill adventure in Hawaii.

When you're going for an actual plot, you inevitably have to up the stakes, or have any sort of stakes for that matter, and that's when Pokemon just becomes ridiculously stupid.
>>
File: 1467881512129.gif (3MB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1467881512129.gif
3MB, 700x525px
>>27480340
>we will never get an Earthbound level story from a pokemon game
>>
>>27481997
Yeah.

The whole board is hyping SM up as the ultimate pokémon game (which I wanted to be too), but nothing sold me, yet. So I'm just being careful here
>>
>>27481997
It's disheartening that there's little to no indication that they're trying to improve character customization. Heck, from what we've seen it's looking to be even more lackluster.
>>
File: 0b2[1].png (349KB, 442x319px) Image search: [Google]
0b2[1].png
349KB, 442x319px
>>27482704
>1 extra skin option
>hats can be removed
>even more lackluster
>>
>>27482747
The actual clothing options are pretty much reskins though.
>>
>>27481656
a 3ds with homebrew stupid.
>>
>>27480849
These are autismals who likely think Gen 5 had an engaging story
>>
File: 1466633617739.png (81KB, 1006x930px) Image search: [Google]
1466633617739.png
81KB, 1006x930px
>>27482996
It was a hell of a lot more engaging than any other mainline story.
>>
>>27481656
>Citra can't handle Pokemon though

Yes it can XY and ORAS are currently playable. SM probably won't be when it's released but it won't take long.

I don't know where you guys are getting your info but Citra has made so much progress this year I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dolphin quality within 2 years.
>>
>>27480742
>he didn't play 5th gen
>>
>>27484463
Proof btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC8jPQMRe6I
>>
File: 1467434222857.png (22KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1467434222857.png
22KB, 240x160px
>>27480340
The only story that matters in a pokemon game is the one you make yourself. Anything else just gets in the way of your narrative.
>>
>>27481943
DPPt, BW, and BW2 made it seem like they were placing more importance on plot/characters and were actually trying to make them at least not bad. The stories weren't masterpieces but they were definite improvements over previous gens.
>>
>>27484595
Shit, that actually looks pretty good with higher rendering resolution. Can't wait to see when Citra is perfected.
>>
>>27480340
>>27480695
Wasn't one of the biggest complaints about OrAs that it revealed everything added to the story, including the very last reveal in the entire game?
>>
>>27480695
Where's the genwun pandering?
Some old mons getting new forms is pandering now?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.