[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gen 7 the shake up Pokemon finally needed to save itself from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1470058868684.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470058868684.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
Is Gen 7 the shake up Pokemon finally needed to save itself from stagnating?

>no gym pattern, now you go out adventuring and do trials
>no retarded villain team taking over muh world
>Pokemon boss battles
>Rideable Pokegom get rid of the need for HMs being tumors
>Hyper Training solves the IV RNG
>player customization
>fully 3D world that also isnt grid based anymore
>upgraded Amie
>Rotomdex questing
>Megas retconned in favor of variations as new Pokemon

Has GF finally broken the mold?
>>
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>27473393
>no retarded villain team
When was Team Flare announced anyway? I remember not knowing about them for a long time.
>>
Pokémon was never stagnating, GOshitter. But these are all welcome changes.
>>
>>27473393
>>no retarded villain team
>implying there won't be a team eclipse
>>
>>27473393
Its certainly got me the most interested in a new game that I've been since Gen 5.

It might suck. But I'm glad they're trying new things and it definitely looks like it'll be worth a shot.
>>
Is a 4chan faggot on the Gamefreak mon design team?

I mean, how else would we end up with Sonichu, Coldsteel and Donald Trump all getting announced as pokemon?
>>
>>27473562
>since Gen 5
Oh, fuck off. Gen 5 brought nothing new to the the table.
>>
>>27473393
Pokémon boss battle, this is all i want.

1000HP or something gonna be good tought.
>>
I was on the fence about getting the games until today. I'm totally looking forward to Sun and Moon now!
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 620x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 620x458px
>>27473669
Welcome aboard
>>
Megas or villain team are probably going to remain, we just haven't been given more info yet

this is turning out to be a different Pokemon, very different but very welcomed.

I can't wait to play it, just hope there's no demo so dataminers ruin the release
>>
>>27473611
>him: i like gen 5
>(You): FUCK OFF GEN 5 SUCKS REEEEEEE

autism
>>
>>27473611
It bought a whole new pokedex with no old mons you dumb, dumb motherfucker.

Whether the execution was good or not, it was a good way to stimulate interest in a new game, just like these changes to the formula do.
>>
>>27473811
Literally not what he said. At all.
>>
It'll be like this;
>form the base for gyms and elite 4
>go around the region meeting potential gym leaders
>trail champs are the elite four
>form the gyms and elite4
>champion appears
Your first adventure is a preview of the actual game.
After you've completed it, you'll traverse the game the traditional way.
After that, comes the rematches.
>>
>No villains
LMAO. Even the Chinese leak did say something about the enemy team. You jesst, OP.
>>
>>27473393
>no gyms
Not confirmed, we only know that there is more then JUST gyms, which every game since gen 3 is done.
>no team
Not confirmed they just haven't been announced yet. That said, I would be okay with that being the case, and these games just being exploring the islands not gonna happen tho
>rideable pokemon get rid of HMs
Don't worry anon, there is plenty of room for BOTH :^)
>Megas retconned
Nah. Even if we don't see any Megas (and it would be easy enough to make mega evolution impossible because you can't transfer items between gens), XY+ORAS wouldn't be retconned, they just take place in an alternate universe.

That said, yes the games are definitely shaking things up again and making it more interesting. The hype is real.
>>
>>27473393
Wait, hyper training is for IVs? What is even the point of breeding? I mean I'm glad they're making it so you can train your moms to 31 in all stats but just get rid of them if that's your plan, it kills the whole concept

I thought hyper training was a better EV system that isn't horde battles
>>
>>27473933
Yeah, it pretty much was

>>27473562 was saying that Gen 5 got them interested in a new game due to the new pokedex, >>27473611 responded like a fuckwit
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x1136px
>>27473393
>gen 7
>>
>>27473393
>no gym pattern, now you go out adventuring and do trials

>trials are going to be menial task quests, planted item fetch-quest and 'spot the difference' trials confirmed
>one totem fight and one kahuna fight per island with 4 islands
>elite 4 forms after islands are completed as per leak

>8 total boss fights with tutorial filler in between and an elite 4

GameFreak played you.
>>
File: 1468353843852.gif (448KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
1468353843852.gif
448KB, 600x555px
>>27473393
damn son that sounds amazing
>>
>>27473495
kek
The game is basically the same since gen 1. You're a fucking denialfag if you don't see this.
>>
>>27473393
I sure as heck hope so.
This "rite of passage" has got me hyped, it feels much more "rpg-ish" than "become the champ and win lol".
Also there will be a villainous team, it'd be dumb to have a game with no antagonist but at ths point they've improved on so much that I don't really care if the new team is completely ridiculous Tbh
>>
They an spruce up the window dressing, but they haven't done anything that really shakes the core battling gameplay up since the Special Split 10 years ago.

I had hope for Z-Moves, but they're so limited it's almost as disappointing as Megas.
>>
They upgraded Amie?
>>
>>27474134
>what are egg moves
>what are natures
>what is getting the pre-evolution of a Pokémon you didn't have yet to fill your dex
>what is Masuda method
>what is breeding Wonder Trade fodder
>>
I remember that they mentioned the legendaries were tied much closer to the story than in previous gens. Maybe the main enemy is Solageo, Laluna, or Marshadow instead of an evil team?
>>
>>27474360
>Also there will be a villainous team, it'd be dumb to have a game with no antagonist but at ths point they've improved on so much that I don't really care if the new team is completely ridiculous Tbh

It doesn't bother me either way unless they're awful, but from the sound of it this game could legitimately get away without an enemy team. Assuming the challenges provide enough content of course.
>>
>>27474511
it'll be Volcanion trying to protect his waifu Magearnea from Solgaleo/Lunaala with a guest appearance from Zygarde Gundam
>>
I want to see an electric/poison Alola Electrode which is highly radioactive and its self destruct mode is a nuclear explosion.

Too bad the japs are the ones designing this game and they'd consider it distasteful because of all the times their country has been irradiated.
>>
>>27473393
Gen 7 hype is through the roof. My only big problem with it is Z Moves. Another overpowered gimmick like Megas.
>>
>>27474631
didn't stop them from making Bloom Doom
>>
>>27473636
>>toxic
>>
>>27474378
Yes, from what we've seen from the few seconds, Amie now follows the background of the route/location we're in. More items to be used for grooming/gaining Affection points.
>>
>>27473611
>entirely new Pokedex
>reusable TMs
>no HM bullshit in the main story
>only game in the series with a passable plot

You fuck off.
>>
>>27473589

James Turner is the only westerner on the team as far as I know so it must be him. I think he worked for genius Senority before Gamefreak absorbed most of the staff so he started work on mainline as of BW but I'm not 100% on that.
>>
>>27473491
They were technically announced in July, but it was just their name and a short, vague description of their motives. They didn't have any actual significant news about it til September (or October maybe).
>>
The new formes remind me of Digimon, in a good way.
>>
Someone please inform me when was the information that megas got retcon release? I don't want to sound like a denialfag but I'm very skeptical, given they could just provide the stones post-game and keep megas as a whole.
>>
>>27476527
>Someone please inform me when was the information that megas got retcon release?

There hasn't been. No word on megas one way or the other.

The lack of info makes me think they're going to be a post game thing, perhaps no new megas at all.
>>
>>27476804
I just want new megas because moves might be cool, but megas are unique. It feels like GF took a while to think and care about your pokemon more than others for a while. It might be dumb but its a nice feeling, even if the mega is shit.
>>
>>27474029
That'd be really cool.
>>
>>27476527
They just haven't talked about them so some anons believe this means they've been retconned out.

That's of course ridiculous because no Pokemon in the mainline games have ever been retconned out besides really menial event shit like the Manaphy Egg and Spiky Eared Pichu.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.