[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this going to be the mos dreadful and shit gen of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: feralifuck.png (147KB, 304x297px) Image search: [Google]
feralifuck.png
147KB, 304x297px
Is this going to be the mos dreadful and shit gen of all time?

Certainly seems to be going that way. I think after this, sales of pokemon games should plummet and Gamefreak should experience some mass firings to get rid of the complacent trash in the team.
>>
>>27466985
>Is this going to be the most dreadful and shit gen of all time?
Why do you think that, anon? It's different, and it's going to be fun.
>>
I've liked all of the reveals thusfar, with the exception of no gym battles. That is really dissapointing, since it most likely means that the game will have less content.
>>
>>27467031

kill yourself, it's lazy and recoloring old designs, all thew designs are 0/10 bottom-tier trash
>>
>>27466985
This will be a huge hit or miss
>>
>>27466985
>Ditched Gyms
>Redesigned old pokemon with new typing
>Fully 3d space for overworld
>Added brand new mechanic for super moves

Misguided maybe but complacent?
>>
>>27467113
>literally blind
>>
>complacent
nigga you what
this is the first time they're actually doing something different
>>
>>27467058
>>27467155
This. Gyms were fucking great, proper tests for your abilities. I like the totem pokemon boss fights but I wanted trainer boss fights.
>>
>>27467058
nah man its going to be a lot more involved with gameplay. theres gonna be a lot to do. im also really excited for the plot now
>>
File: sdhlad.jpg (67KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
sdhlad.jpg
67KB, 500x384px
>GIVE US CHANGE GAMEFREAK
*That change happens*
>EWWW WHAT IS THIS TRASH RUINED
>>
>>27467297
big kahunas bruh
>>
>>27467232
>>27467155
>>27467297
>>27467058

I thought you guys were trolling. Replacing Gym battles with 4 random retards is probably the dumbest change I've ever witnessed in a Pokemon game.

Considering XY and ORAS were dumbed down to idiot levels, you can expect the same type of treatment here. Enjoy your ultra casual garbage.
>>
>>27467314
I wish I was as optimistic as you. There is no proof that game freak would make something extra to replace the missing gyms.
>>
>>27467297
>proper tests for your abilities

Most gyms havent been a challenge for a long time
>>
File: alolan vulpix.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolan vulpix.png
138KB, 500x500px
>>27467113
>fur tufts in ear
>tails and head fluff are different
>thinner and smaller

How else would they make a variant of an existing pokemon? It can't be totally different.

>all thew designs are 0/10 bottom-tier trash
Biased.
>>
>>27467297
>proper tests for your abilities

No. There's like a handful of challenging gyms in the entire series. Most are filler.
>>
>>27467372
Only four. If kahunas are parallels to gym leaders, that means that the game will be only half as long in this case.
>>
>>27466985
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>27467405
>>27467423
You are not even wrong, but fighting against a trainer with tree relatively high level pokemon is still going to be harder than against a single pokemon with a tiny stat boost gimmick or one trashmon on its side.
>>
>>27467486

Your autism is amusing.

>>27467410

How about not taking Kantos pokemon and raping their designs? That would be a start.

The artists who worked on Gen 1/2 games are clearly not working for the studio anymore.
>>
>no official gyms
>this means no badges
>this means no pokemon league
>this means no elite four or a champion

If the game just ends after the fourth kahuna, holy shit what a mess.
>>
>>27467497
Depends on the exact mechanics. Sure, maybe it'll be a steamroller but its far too early to tell.

>>27467058
>since it most likely means that the game will have less content.

Again, while this is a possibility it sounds like from what we've seen the captains ask you to do that there might be more non combat content; identifying, collecting things, etc. Is this good? I don't know. But I'm certainly willing to give it a shot.
>>
>>27467442
But theres 4 trial masters or whatever, presuming you also fight them thats 8 unique characters with strong pokemon that you fight to progress

Would people really rather another gen of fighting gym leaders to get hms to progress over actual quest lines leading into the battles?
>>
>>27467394
There are boss battles where pokemon can do shit they cant normally do in game. There are 8 trainer battles in this game as well with the 4 kahunas and 4 trail experts. Do you have any reason to believe that they will be any easier than any gym before them?

Or because they arent sitting still in a building doing nothing, surely them must be more casual.
>>
File: 1384444542966.jpg (18KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1384444542966.jpg
18KB, 250x272px
>>27467572
>How about not taking Kantos pokemon and raping their designs? That would be a start.
>>
File: 1455076234401.png (49KB, 261x212px) Image search: [Google]
1455076234401.png
49KB, 261x212px
>>27467674

Holy fuck the gamefreak paid shills are coming out of the woodwork

Here's your 0.02c
>>
>>27467394

nobody fucking cares how easy the story mode

it's been easy since gen 1
>>
Bait aside I'm very excited for this game. I can see a lot of ways Sun and Moon can go right but I can't see it being worse than X/Y
>>
so is this the shitpost topic?
>>
>>27467760

XY literally looks miles better than this piece of shit

Sun and Moon pretty much is the furfags paradise, enjoy it I guess. At least someone is willing to cater to you subhumans.
>>
>>27467639
>>27467674
Just make 8 kahunas. Doing a puzzle is not comparable to a gym fight.
>>
>>27467442
What about the 4 trail experts? What about actually having more trainers who have personality in the game that you fight again and again? What if there's an evil team and they're more involved than ever before? What if the tournament to fight the Kahuna has multiple entrants and rounds to get to the top?

There's pleny of ways to get content out of a game than tossing in another town and gym. For all we know this game is half as long, the gym's themselves were just the boss battles of a certain town.
>>
>>27467843
Wouldn't it be the best to have all of that, though?
>>
>>27467834
>Sun and Moon pretty much is the furfags paradise, enjoy it I guess

haha what
>>
>>27467842
How so? Gyms are just big puzzles, unless just being in a building is some how required to be good

We have done the 8 gyms for 6 gens, hyped for a change and the chance to interact with these characters more. It means we'll get more than a pre and post battle bit of dialogue.
>>
>>27467894
Thats true. In fact i would love it if we had Kahuna battles on top of gyms. But we dont know what this game entails. Saying that "4 kaunas is half of 8 gym leaders, so the game is half as long" is the fucking stupid. We have no idea what the rest of the content of this game is and, if we're being honest, gym leaders didn't add a ton of content to the game anyway. Most of them were one and done battles. 80% of the game is running through dungeons and routes and. What if there's twice as many dungeons and routes?
>>
>>27467894
Yeah. It'd be great to have following pokemon as well, and contests, and pokestar studios and dream world.

Okay maybe not dream world.

But they're never going to fit in everything. And if, content wise, we get a comparable amount of stuff in place of the gym leaders, I'm cool with a change of pace. It at least deserves a chance.
>>
No, that would be gen 6, hands down 6 is worst.
>>
>>27467572

>How about not taking Kantos pokemon and raping their designs? That would be a start.

You're a special brand of retarded.
>>
>Gen 6
>Gen 1 Pandering with Kanto Pokemon getting Megas

>Gen 7
>Gen 1 Pandering with Kanto Pokemon getting Deltas
Wake me up already

I'm not waking up
>>
>Assuming something is shit because it's different

You guys are becoming /v/

You should stop

They want to follow a different format than the games that were rehashes to death

This is a breath of fresh air

Also the Island leaders are the only ones we know are 4

We don't know how many Team captains there are within the islands
>>
>>27468042
>What if there's twice as many dungeons and routes?

I genuinely wish that was the case. I just feel that it wont be, as I can see game freak doing that cut.

And how sad it is that you can even see the game being half length being a possibility.
>>
>>27468295
This

See, maybe the games will be shit. We don't know yet. But these are the biggest chances they've taken in forever and I want to at least play it myself before condemning it.
>>
File: 0a0.jpg (493KB, 952x2032px) Image search: [Google]
0a0.jpg
493KB, 952x2032px
>>27466985
Oh, sweet! A genwunner thread!
>>
>>27468207

Except gen6 kanto pandering was great

Mega Charizard had fantastic designs and they were all done tastefully

This is just bonkers-level retarded
>>
>>27468379
>Except gen6 kanto pandering was great
They literally give you a Kanto Starter for the third gym and copy pasted the Viridian Forest, but with added handholding.
>>
File: Michael Bluth no.gif (806KB, 167x167px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bluth no.gif
806KB, 167x167px
>>27467740

>Responding to idiots who bash the new Pokemon for stupid reasons.
>DURHURHURHURHUR PAID SHILLS
>>
File: 1469595729086.jpg (65KB, 636x765px) Image search: [Google]
1469595729086.jpg
65KB, 636x765px
>>27468295
>are becoming /v/

/vp/ is literally /v/ shitposters that got so out of hand that Moot had to create a new board.
>>
>>27468409

still better than sun and moon

>>27468413

shill please
>>
>>27467572
>doesn't want anything to change
>somehow the other guy is the autistic one
>>
>>27468376
>Strawmen and hypocrisy.

hahahah wait wat?
>>
>>27467297
Fire, Water, Grass and Electric trainers + Kahunas for each of the 4 islands = 8 "Gym Leaders."
>>
>>27468533
>still better than sun and moon
>sun and moon aren't even out yet.

The games aren't even you yet and you faggots are passing judgement.

Go back to your hugboxes and stay there until November 18th.
>>
>>27468708
Some of those trainers dont actually battle you though, some give you puzzles or fetch quests to solve. Kahunas are the only ones you will fight for sure.
>>
Sounds like Genwunners are responding to this pretty quickly.
>>
Haga poor genwushitters
>>
>>27466985
Nigger this is literally Pokemon Orange Islands , i am fucking HYPE
>>
>>27468758
>Some of those trainers dont actually battle you though

He said, with nothing to back it up whatsoever

We don't know shit about how this is going to work yet, please don't start this
>>
>>27469214
>Island Challenge Trials

>To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must overcome the trials in store on each of the four islands. These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon. They take a variety of forms, such as finding items or completing tests of knowledge. You will not be able to accomplish them with ordinary methods!
>>
>>27469154

>nigga this is literally filler: the game
>>
>>27469316
>These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon.

Nothing to say it won't be "You've collected the five magic herbs and solved the stone head puzzle! Now lets battle!"

We don't know much of anything yet
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.