[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This answers questions, but it also raises some >If there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: leader.png (204KB, 384x231px) Image search: [Google]
leader.png
204KB, 384x231px
This answers questions, but it also raises some

>If there are only four captains, how do they substitute 8 Gym Leaders
>If these are our replacement Gym Leaders how will the "level cap" for traded Pokemon be replaced with no Gym Badges
>Who are the 8 trainers above the chalkboard in the heartfelt Japanese trailer
>>
>>27464229
Maybe they're actually the Elite Four?
>>
>>27464229
Gyms and trials maybe?
>>
>>27464333
more like Elite Eight
>>
>>27464229
easy, 4 captains 4 island leaders which the leak said leads to a newly formed e4
>>
Don't forget the Kahunas.
>>
I actually really like this, Gyms were long stale as fuck. Drifting away from the formula and giving us something different to go after was a damn good move.
>>
>>27464229
>>If there are only four captains, how do they substitute 8 Gym Leaders

I'd imagine going from the fact that they talk about Grand Trials when you've completed all the other trials, I'd have to imagine the captains will give you multiple trials each, so that would make up for the smaller number of captains compared to gym leaders.
>>
there are the captains, the totems AND the kahunas
>>
File: Hala.png (819KB, 851x482px) Image search: [Google]
Hala.png
819KB, 851x482px
>>27464229
The first Kahuna has 3 pokémons, as much as a 2nd/3rd gym leader in the previous generation. So maybe the Kahuna will be a bit harder than previous gym leader.
>>
Maybe we can go to kalos after we complete the game to have the new and the old.
>>
>>27464229
I'm confused, is it confirmed that those four are the only Captains in the game? They didn't explain it well at all.
>>
File: 1470019833894.gif (312KB, 210x94px) Image search: [Google]
1470019833894.gif
312KB, 210x94px
>>27464436
/vp/ will still bitch and moan about it anyways minus the handful of people that actually like the change.
>>
>>27464402
The leak says "no traditional gyms and no Pokemon league". According to the leaks, the elite four will become the Kahunas, because they are the leader of each island. So this still doesn't answer how Gym Badges will be replaced for level caps. And I really doubt they'd remove the level cap, it's there to discourage people from using powerful Pokemon and advancing through the game too fast.
>>
>>27464668
Yes, it confirms. Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe.
>>
What if, the Trial Captains will challenge us AFTER we are done with their trials, hence getting a Badge. So there will be 2 prominent NPCs for each island, 2 times 4 = 8. Complete series of Leaders.

Meaning, the badge of a Captain has the same ranking as the badge of a Kahuna.

Do you guys know Bleach? Think of a Captain and a Vice-Captain of Gotei 13. Captain would be Kahuna, vice-captain would be Trial Captains.

Plus, this is very culturally based in Alola only. I bet the Pokemon League doesn't interfere with how Alolans test their trainers.
>>
Orange Islands
>>
>>27464638
Plus with the Z-Move that can be used once per battle which means critical judgement is needed, I think it's safe S&M is going to be a bit tougher.
>>
>>27464750
>/vp/ will still bitch and moan about it anyways minus the handful of people that actually like the change.

I for won am excited by the change.

Sure, they might fuck it up and have the game be as underwhelming as XY, but I'd prefer they take chances sometimes and try something new rather than retread the same formula forever.
>>
File: 1469161385803.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1469161385803.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>27464229

I'm gonna need you to get buttnekkid
>>
>>27464926
Shit, man. Interesting thought! So it'll be a one-time thing only, which will only happen in Alola region. Fine by me. Gym Leaders are here to stay, people. Chill out.
>>
>fetch quest
We don't need those in Pokémon, fuck. Unless they manage to make it interesting, which rarely ever happens with fetch quests. It should involve some kind of hunt for items relating to a specific Pokémon.
>>
File: N.jpg (49KB, 335x346px) Image search: [Google]
N.jpg
49KB, 335x346px
>>27464926
>What if, the Trial Captains will challenge us AFTER we are done with their trials, hence getting a Badge. So there will be 2 prominent NPCs for each island, 2 times 4 = 8. Complete series of Leaders.
> Meaning, the badge of a Captain has the same ranking as the badge of a Kahuna.
> Do you guys know Bleach? Think of a Captain and a Vice-Captain of Gotei 13. Captain would be Kahuna, vice-captain would be Trial Captains.
> Plus, this is very culturally based in Alola only. I bet the Pokemon League doesn't interfere with how Alolans test their trainers.
>>
>>27464750
I think that the response on the board has been mostly positive, probably because of the leak from a while back, so despite its uncertain credibility it was still expected.

I was worried that this change might make the games seem shorter, but maybe not. I see much more negative reception to the Alola forms.
>>
>>27465133
>>fetch quest
> We don't need those in Pokémon, fuck. Unless they manage to make it interesting, which rarely ever happens with fetch quests. It should involve some kind of hunt for items relating to a specific Pokémon.

I don't think the implementation will be perfect, but I am kind of optimistic. Using your pokemon to dig up treasure, track down a sea pokemon, stuff like that could be fun
>>
>>27464229
4 Island Totems, 4 Captains = 8 Gym Leaders

4 Kahunas = Elite Four

You = Champion
>>
>>27464926
Aww yiss. I don't mind this one-time stuff with the Gym Leaders in Alola. It's kinda unique and refreshing before we go back to Gym Leaders in future series. Hopefully they can be creative as this region, too.
>>
>>27465427
Eww, please don't include a powered-up common Pokemon a fucking Leader. Overlord or whatever the leak said, yes, but not as a 'Leader' type. Nope.
>>
>>27464923
Where did they confirm? I saw four captains but on the website it doesn't specify only four.
>>
>>27465294
This. This is exactly what I was thinking. Which I don't hate that idea, as long as it's executed well.
>>
>>27464923
>>27465607
That's exactly why I was asking too.
>>
>>27465427
4 Totems act as the Gyms themselves
4 Captains are Gym leaders, 4 Kahunas are also gym leaders to make 8

Option 1: 4 Kahuna's return with better teams and you face them all in a row as the Elite 4
Option 2: 4 new characters show up as the Elite 4

There may be a current Champion to dethrone; like most of the other games not Gen 1. Or Hau will act as the battle for Champion, like Gen 1.
>>
>>27465607
>>27465722
Because there are only four Islands. Four Islands, four captains, four Kahunas.
>>
So what's Tapu Koko then?
Because its literally a totem pokemon

But then we have 'Totem Pokemon' which are boss pokemon with suped up stats

Is he Hala's final mon in the fight? Does it provide the other team members with these totem powers?
>>
>>27465920
I thought there were going to be multiple captains serving each kahuna
>>
>>27465851
>Or Hau will act as the battle for Champion, like Gen 1.

That seems plausible. I'd imagine he'd be hopping from island to island taking the trials like you, so its natural you'd end up battling to decide who's best at the end of it.
>>
>>27465920
That doesn't confirm anything
>>
>>27465920
>>27466035
Same, it seemed to me that the four revealed were only for the first island.
>>
Each island has a kahuna, each kahuna shall fight us sfter defeating the trial captains of that island.
The first 4 captains are from Melemele, that means each island has 4 captains or less, and 1 kahuna.
Not all captains want to fight, maybe half of them are the battle ones, that means 8 """"gym leaders""" and the elite 4 are the kahunas.

Remember that the chinks leaked about we founding the league, maybe alola is not part of the pokemon nation and we have to join it and create a league.
>>
>>27466104
>>27466035
Oh, I think you may be right sorry haha. It does seem that way now that I watch the trailer again. I wonder how many Captains there really are in that case?
>>
I think the revealed Captains might be the ones of the second island (right of Melemele).
I say this because the environments they are shown in (using also the japanese trailer) seem to come from there.

Mallow is shown in a jungle, which might be the one behind the cerimonial platform in Melemele, but there is also a big one in Island 2. She is also shown with some Miltanks in some sort of farm, probably the one on Island 2.
Lana is shown on a pier with some waterfalls in the bacground. A pier and waterfalls can be seen where those water pools are in Island 2.
Sophocles is in a building so it's harder, but it seems spacey and psychedelic, could be the big blue one on Island 2.
Kiawe is on top of a volcano, only present on Island 2.

What do ya think?
>>
8 Gym Leaders was too many anyway. Most were too easy. Ramos anyone? 4 actually relevant trainers plus the Kahunas is fine
>>
>>27465957
Tapu Koko is a Guardian legend, right? Could be that each Island Guardian empowers a few wilds that they find have some trait they find admirable to be in charge of their kin and summon them at will to fight those that would otherwise distract the Guardian.
>>
>>27466333
I'm wondering if we'll have two Captains and a Kahuna per island.

That'll make it similar to what we had, having a Gym/Gym/E4 on each island.

I like the idea of 'boss battles' and bigger challenges.
>>
>>27467369
I think they just showed us the first four captains. There will be four more later on.
>>
I think that the island trials will all have multiple parts and be very involved. We already know that there are collection parts and "beat the totem Pokemon" parts.
>>
>>27464972
We've only seen the player character use the Z-move. The Kahunas may not even use it.
>>
We will be alternating between 2 Totem Battles and a Kahuna is my best bet.
>>
>>27468858
>We've only seen the player character use the Z-move. The Kahunas may not even use it.

Looks like Hala is wearing a Z-Bracelet, so I wouldn't count on it.
>>
What if there are 4 Trial Captains for every Island, giving us 12 Captains in total?
>>
>>27469585

lmao, I meant 3 for every island giving 12 or 4 for every island giving 16.

So maybe they showed us one Captain from every island so far?
>>
>>27469585
Try that math again anon
>>
>>27469822
I corrected myself already, the point still stands
>>
>>27470002
>I corrected myself already, the point still stands

I would certainly not mind that, but I'd actually prefer we have a small number, hell even 4 captains and 4 Kahunas, that get more focus and development then a one off battle and are never seen again.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.