[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the main story. This was pretty great. Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Omega_Ruby_JP_boxart.png (107KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Omega_Ruby_JP_boxart.png
107KB, 250x228px
Just finished the main story. This was pretty great. Pokemon has never had the technology to look so good before. Why does this get so much grief on here? My last Pokemon game was Crystal all those years ago so maybe I got more out of it than some.
>>
Because it's new and it didn't have some of the most-loved features from Emerald. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>27453845
/thread

Also, Battle Frontier was trash and nobody outside of a few people actually bothered to make it to the Frontier Brains, from what I see on here.
>>
>>27453845
>>27453863
So typical 4channer contrarianism ?
>>
>>27453831
Half of it is "Muh one feature removed from emerald means all the new content doesn't matter" and the other half of it is "it was spoiled for me there it is bad"
>>
>>27453831
Because lack of Battle Frontier and general 4chan edginess.
>>
>>27453877
Yep. In a couple years, you'll have people viciously defending ORAS, butting heads with aging Emerald fans, and complaining about how terrible S/M and the D/P remakes are.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
It had very high expectations for a variety of reasons, most of which were legitimate, and in the end it didn't meet them.

In a vaccum, it's still a great game though.
>>
>>27453845
Which is kind of a valid complaint. I mean, HGSS did have the Crystal improvements.

I still enjoyed the game a lot, and while I understand they moved away from the Battle Frontier concept it would be great to get to see all those characters and locations again.
>>
>>27453863
>Also, Battle Frontier was trash and nobody outside of a few people actually bothered to make it to the Frontier Brains
Except dozens of people started caring about postgame content around Gen 4-5 where breeding was made easier and competitively viable Pokemon were feasible to obtain in order to get to those higher ranks. Why not add something to make those things worthwhile then?
>>
>>27453903
most of these points are so fucking stupid. this is just 1 dude's shitty opinion
>>
>>27453863
>>27453887
>>27453888
Literally none of these you fucking retards
>>
>>27453887
Yup, pretty much and the fact that is basically XY in Hoenn
>>
>>27453934
I agree. If ORAS had a Battle Frontier, they'd easily be a contender for the best games in the series. They're my personal favorite games (tied with BW1 romhacks), but a Battle Frontier would give them more staying power even with Gen 7 on the horizon.
>>
It's a decent game on it's own, but it fell completely short of expectations. It's not just 4chan bitching as usual, most complaints about the game are legitimate considering how far superior the last set of remakes were. Not to mention they choose to remake the inferior originals down to the point of barely including anything from the enhanced remake, which is arguably one of the best Pokemon games.

Fags saying that no Battle Frontier is perfectly fine are Gamefreak cock sucking contrarians.
>>
Without the Battle Frontier there is still so much content. You guys just like shitting on stuff instead of celebrating it and I'll never understand why.
>>
>>27453903
>Caring about the berry blending minigame
>Muh pokemon I like didn't get a mega its a bad game
>No auto run feature that was literally in only 2 pokemon games, none of them gen 3
>People spoiling the game counts as a point against the game
>HMs are the same as they were in the original and that's bad
>Doesn't like Dexnav
>More trainers use Megas than in XY but I'm still gonna complain about trainers not using Megas
>A new pokemon (mega salamence) is OP in the meta like in every other gen but this is a new reason totally
>Shitmon (mega audino) exist this is a new reason totally
>ACTUALLY USING 3D
Come back with some good arguments next time.
>>
7.8/10 too much water
>>
>>27454016

Cynicism.
>>
>>27453831

Because you haven't played the golden age of Pokemon as you are a casual

and casuals very much enjoy ORAS.
>>
>>27453996
I can agree it didn't live up to expectations, but bashing ORAS as horrible games just like with XY is extremely irritating and negative.

I haven't played Emerald, so I haven't been cursed with the same high expectations as everyone else. ORAS were my first Hoenn games and I was actually blown away by them because I played them coming right out of XY (I even banked all my Kalos mons and traded in my X copy to buy OR).

That said, I sort of feel that someone who didn't grow up with Emerald can get the same sort of experience by playing ORAS together with HGSS (due to the Battle Frontier in that game).
>>
>>27454034
Is that a bad thing ?
>>
>>27453903
>Complaining about lack of Frontier
Stop reading there.
>>
>>27454024

But the game DOES have an autorun feature. I never get this complaint ever. You just hold the circle pad and run and it controls pretty well when you need to move slower too.

Its okay. When Sun and Moon come out everyone will love Gen VI and blindly hate Gen VII.

Just like with Gen V and Gen VI.
>>
>>27454016
Though the games would be near-flawless if they had the Frontier after all. As it is, they're very good, but contentious, games.

>>27454085
And it's the very first point on the list, too.
>>
File: 1457832946472.jpg (47KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1457832946472.jpg
47KB, 500x395px
>>27454034
I've played through every generation and still enjoyed this game. fite me.
>>
>>27454173
Good, you're a normal and reasonable person.
>>
>>27454048
I'm not so sure it's comparable. I get where you're coming from, ORAS must seem pretty good to someone without expectations to begin with, but the things Emerald added were huge at the time. Gym leader rematches returned, a whole bunch of new battle facilities and postgame content where only the Battle Tower had existed previously, improved trainer teams and challenge from RS, etc. ORAS removed almost all the improvements Emerald made to the original and opted to remake RS instead, even for things that had no effect on the plot changes in Emerald. This is in addition to removing content like the Pokeblock minigame, adding in excessive handholding, and having weaker trainers and gym leaders than Emerald's version. Tate and Liza are complete pushovers.

In the end, ORAS aren't BAD games necessarily, just exceedingly mediocre for fans who expected more, rightfully so after how HGSS cemented itself as one of the best main series games.
>>
File: 1469578003759.png (194KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469578003759.png
194KB, 893x1200px
>>27453949
Then what else? These are the only complaints that are even half legitimate.

It doesn't mean ORAS isn't mediocre but the bandwaggoning on here because "m-muh frontier" is beyond the normal levels of autism.
>>
>>27453831
The main story does not matter at all. Postgame makes or breaks Pokémon.
>>
>>27454213
I see what you mean. ORAS feel sort of like a halfway compromise between XY and HGSS, where they still want the games to be casual-friendly and compete with mobile gaming but also need to appeal to longtime fans who grew up with the original RSE.

That said, I remember back in the day that everyone was bashing the original RSE and comparing it unfavorably to the original GSC in the same way. So I guess history's repeating itself.
>>
>>27454262

Customization can certainly be removed.

3D effect too since its pretty much a non-issue.

Auto-Run toggle too. Pretty sure you can use the D-Pad to walk too.

Mega Evolution reveals should be removed too.

I agree with the Magma/Aqua one but at the same time this is pretty much valid for every evil team. It can probably go.
>>
>>27454318
That was more rage over the majority of the first 251 being unobtainable and being unable to transfer your bros, wasn't it? Though doubtless a number of complaints were due to lack of postgame like GSC had a second region.
>>
>>27453831
It's not a bad game, but you'd probably get more out of Emerald. Unless you battle online.

Large improvement over X and Y but had high expectations and failed to meet them

But I get annoyed when people say it has a lot of postgame, that's a lie. It has a below average amount
>>
>>27454173
Leave 4chan while you can senpai

You are too reasonable to stay.
>>
>>27454417
Oh no, I mean even as late as during late Gen IV/early Gen V, people were shitting on Gen 3 (and 5) and praising GSC above everything else. Even when people demanded Hoenn remakes, the idea was dismissed as silly because of the Hoenn games supposedly being "bad".
>>
>>27454417
Oh yeah, also, that sounds exactly like the issue some people have over post-WFC shutdown BW (and rarely B2W2).
>>
>>27454464
I think Emerald has always been heralded as good at the least, but I do seem to remember those complaints now that you bring it up.
>>
>>27454417
Also removal of Day/Night Cycle and a lack of being able to catch Em all
>>
>>27454495
Back in the day, I think Emerald was kind of dismissed the way Platinum is now, with a minority of people praising it as one of the best games but most people kind of ignoring it. Ironically, I sorta feel that ORAS themselves helped vindicate Emerald, since it brought Hoenn back to public awareness, and it's the game that ORAS didn't live up to in many people's minds.
>>
>>27454545
I personally don't like Emerald, or Hoenn for that matter, but you have to respect the battle frontier
>>
>>27454454
Eating up whatever GF shits out and ignoring any and all criticism isn't reasonable.
>>
>>27454601
This. People get so triggered when you point out Gen 6 having a large number of flaws and a lack of effort in gen XY
>>
if you like pokemon youre gay and stupid and a fag delete this
>>
>>27454082

Never said it was. I'm just simply explaining why ORAS receives so much flak
>>
>>27454717

Because half the time the flaws are nitpicky bullshit.

XY are flawed but they're hardly bad.
>>
>>27454995
Agreed, they had very noticeable flaws but overall the good outweighs the bad.
>>
>>27455011

It was a learning experience for GF and so far SM shows they've learned quite a bit from it.

XY aren't perfect but they're not really bad games. There is a middle ground between shit and great you know. It's okay to just be a good game.
>>
>>27453831
Its an amazing game just like X and Y.
For some reason its a meme to hate on it yet we have never been this blessed with Pokemon ever before.
>>
>>27455059
Too bad that /vp/ can only operate on an "absolute shit"/"absolute masterpiece" dichotomy.
>>
>>27454995
>>27455011
Exactly. Same can be said about any other gen.
It was just a huge step for Nintendo and people are overly nitpicky. We got one of the best case scenarios
>>
>>27455090
>its a meme to hate on it
see >>27454601
Responding to criticism with "lol u hate it because it's a meme" is a fucking garbage argument, go back to funnyjunk.
>>
>>27454995
>>27455011
>>27455059
All 1 minute apart

Not a coincidence
>>
>>27455852

Treating XY like irredeemable bowel movements is a meme.

They're games that are good, but not great.

There is nothing wrong with a game just being good.
>>
>>27455909
>route 13
>battle Cheateu rematches
>Final rival battle
>Tierno's team
>2 megas for genwun favoritism
>Virdian forest
>new Pokemon make up 15% of the region
>riding Pokemon (not skiddo) is total shit
>who remembers sky battles, weren't even in ORAS
>Kanto starters/Lapras/Lucario
>Mega Lucario pandering
>waking up a Snorlax with a pokeflute
>removal of gen 5 exp system
>first game since plat with no elite 4 rematch
>No gym leaders leaders leave their gym except 2

Fuck X and Y, they are horseshit and have no reason to replay/be unique once SM come out
>>
>>27453863
Contrariant that always come up near the beginning of these threads

At least its not Alphaville
>>
>>27454995
No, nothing characters, nothing plots and a nothing region aren't nitpicks.

>Captcha: STOP STOP
>>
>>27455852
Responding to a differing opinion with "Eating up whatever GF shits out and ignoring any and all criticism" is also a garbage argument.
Also you don't need to have an argument over everything, geez.
>>
>>27453831
They removed several features (as common) from the originals and that were in X/Y. It also didn't go the extra mile that the last remake did (HG/SS), so it's compared to those and seen as less innovative. At the end of the day, it's exactly what you expect from a Ruby/Sapphire remake, but it's the lack of ambition that people don't like.
>>
What >>27456408 said, basically.
I came into it in the worst of moods because of all the early /vp/ shitposting and came out of it feeling like I missed out by going in so negatively. Turned out to be a good remake to one of my favorite Gens, that had me really hyped by the end. Even ended up going for Contest wins and finishing my Livedex with a new emphasis on getting the megas too.

Definitely a game I gotta replay some day to just get back into it fresh.
>>
>love mega Gallade on its reveal
>plan to use it in-game
>dawn stone is a chore to get before victory road
>can't get Galladite until after the Delta Episode and have done pretty much everything you can do

that's my biggest complaint so far
>>
>>27456575
That fucking match with Wally was great, though.
Used my Mega Manectric and had it pretty equal of a fight. Background and music really made that scene.
>>
My only issue is just that I think I burned myself out on Hoenn playing RSE back in the day to the point that I get bored now every time I hit mossdeep. Hoenn is alright as a region and ORAS are fun albeit a bit too easy but for some reason I can never make it to the end of the game.
>>
So which is better XY or ORAS?
>>
>>27456765
XY. Because it at least has a new region/characters/story. ORAS reuses a whole bunch of shit yet the post game is still trash.
>>
>>27456765
ORAS. Kalos is a really sparse region.

Somebody post the image showing all of the Kalos routes put together.
>>
>Maison 2.0 and no frontier
>Delta episode is just alright
>No trainer customization couples with ugly character models
>Basically just a slight expansion pack for X and Y that brought a worse region and a few more ridiculously broken megas
>Super Secret Bases were ruined by limiting teams to 3 pokemon and not letting you influence minion teams
>>
It may have just been the timing of the release, but I felt like I was fresh off of XY. I didn't actually finish the main story until months later and that was the first game I've ever done that with.
>>
>>27456906
The missed potential of Super Secret Bases pisses me off
>>
It's astounding how much content is in this game and people complain about a lack thereof.
>>
File: Kalos - XY.png (3MB, 2773x2114px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos - XY.png
3MB, 2773x2114px
>>27456827
>Kalos
>>
>>27453996
Pokemon-GL tournaments / seasonal ladders are effectively Battle Frontier replacements and are much more interesting and fun, imo. Yeah, GameFreak needs to do a better job of advertising them, and they'll be retired by the time the next game comes out, but it's worth it.

In a perfect world we could have both, but we all know GameFreak won't spend tons of development time on something that less than 5% of players will actually use.

People just like to blow relatively minor things out of proportion and then opinions get incendiary. ORAS isn't perfect but its one of the more robust pokemon games.
>>
>>27456039
>Virdian forest
Dont you hate on Santalune forest bud.
That theme is godlike
>>
I hadn't played a single Pokemon since gen 1, till I played ORAS, I didn't recognise any of the 'missing' features fans complained about like, Battle Frontier, I don't have many of the gripes the hardcore fans seem to have, I just had a pretty good time playing ORAS, my only major complaint is the ease of the game, I honestly can't recall a single difficult or truly challenging moment.
>>
>>27453863
Gen 3 was my favourite and i never played emerald.
Frontier is overated
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.