[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after playing pokemon go, my girlfriend has decided she wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
So after playing pokemon go, my girlfriend has decided she wants to try a real pokemon game. I sat down and gave some serious thought to which game has the easiest access while not being hand-holding, most mass appeal, and least childish. I've chosen Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Anyone else have any other opinions?
>>
>>27452786
Girls don't game. Girls are only good for secks
>>
>>27452786
good choice. if she's playing Go she's probably a gen wunner so best give her the mons she's already familiar with.
>>
>>27452786
Why care about hand holding?

She's more likely to stick to playing if the game isn't some archaic slogfest.

Just give her X or Y.
>>
>>27452786
>having a gf

get off my 4chan normalfag cancer

Seriously though just have her play it in order, with remakes instead of course. and platinum for gen 4
>>
>>27452786
RBY or bust nigga
FRLG are lame
>>
I agree, FRLG are very good as a first Pokémon game. Just waiting for someone to blindly suggest B2W2.
>>
Let her play RBY on 3DS.
>>
>>27452827
Why in the fuck would you want to introduce a new player to them IN ORDER?

That would be terrible for a brand new player, especially one who probably doesn't give a fuck about the series.

Go XY, OP
>>
>>27452824
>>
Yeah it's a great choice
>>
XY would be better, or BW1

I guess FRLG is a good third place
>>
FRLG are good, as an unforgivable normalfag, getting non Kanto pokemon would make her head explode
>>
FR/LG are the perfect choice.
Don't give her X, you might get dumped for being an autist once she claps eyes on the state of Tierno.
>>
XY without without doubt.
>>
>>27452824
yeah X or Y, also simply for being the newest
>>
>>27452854
I watched a ten part series on Youtube that finished about 5 hours ago, of a guy playing Red as his first every Pokémon game and loving every single second of it, despite having zero interest in the series before now.
>>
>>27452786
I would've gone with hgss. Best remakes ever
>>
>>27452946
She's not going to be that guy.

She's going to play 30 minutes of FRLG and be bored to tears.
>>
>>27452989
How do you know? If she's going to play 30 minutes and then stop, why 30 minutes of FRLG instead of 30 minutes of Red?
>>
File: 1439189903599.png (127KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1439189903599.png
127KB, 257x250px
>real pokemon game
Without handholding, FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver are your best bets. Play R/S/E, D/P/P, and then B/W to top it off.
OR/AS was "okay" for a remake, though X/Y are TERRIBLE, imagine segments from the previous games were ripped, then "Nah, fuck it, just pretend the places we made were completed."
>>
>>27452946
I would like some sauce
>>
File: 1384980679392.jpg (90KB, 479x472px) Image search: [Google]
1384980679392.jpg
90KB, 479x472px
>FR/LG
>not being full of hand holding
please, these games were so hand-holdy that they had to tone it down in later games

Honestly, Black/White fit the bill for what you are asking for perfectly, and is designed as a re-introduction to the series but for what might be a critical flaw, in that it only has Gen V Pokemon (a personal upside, but I know where you're coming from)

X/Y, despite being generally disparaged round these parts, are probably your best option. They feature a wide assortment of Pokemon, and are heavier in Gen 1 Pokemon that she is familiar with, but not to the point of excluding newer stuff. Features like dressing up your trainer and Pokemon Amie are severely undervalued, and can really help draw people in that otherwise wouldn't play the games. They're definitely the prettiest games in the series (ORAS environments suck). The plot is kind of stupid but lets be real, that's not something you're avoiding by giving her any other Pokemon game.

This isn't even considering all of the general quality of life updates that the series has had, like re-usable TMs, faster movement speed, less HM requirements, easier access to hold items that make a difference, etc.

Plus, if she likes these games and wants to move on to Sun/Moon, transferring her favorite Pokemon over isn't going to be a bitch and a half.
>>
>>27453056
I should've clarified. The guy isn't playing Pokémon in the videos. He plays it in his spare time and then sits down with a friend of his who loves Pokémon and they talk about the game and his progress and what he thinks of it and so on. Which was, honestly, much more interesting to me than watching someone just play through Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCNnzEWy-1w&list=PLwa6fmqvU-4FUdjSGiMq_3_V2UCbq9yQL&index=1
>>
>>27452786
>try a real pokemon game
>people are new to pokemon
What the fuck?
>>
>>27452786
Thanks for changing the topic on the daily FRLG thread OP.

FRLG is a my favorite but it has a lot of flaws that make it a poor choice for a beginner. First it's kind of boring because it's stripped down to the bare essentials. This is why I like it but all the features added in the latter games really help fill the game with more things to keep your attention. Also going from a 3D game like Go to a sprite based game like FRLG can be jarring for someone who is not already committed to Pokemon.

As a game FRLG is plain outdated. She would be better off with any game made after it. The more recent the better. Even Emerald fixes so many of FRLG's flaws.

The only way I could recommend FRLG to a beginner is if that person is familiar with videogames already and enjoys older sprite based games. Otherwise you might be doing more harm than good.
>>
>>27452786
>my girlfriend
Fuck off with your normalfag blogshit.
>>
Op here. Here's my reasons why I chose FRLG:

1. She wants a Bulbasaur to start out. That gives you three options: RB, FRLG, and XY. I'll save RB for a bit later, but

2. XY is very childish at times. Between the cutesy stuff at the beginning like giving your character a nickname in addition to your name, having four rivals to pay attention to, unneeded distractions like the pr studio and lumiose in general. The game talks to you often like you're a kid, which is fine in a game meant for kids, but I'd like for her first impression of the main games to not be so kiddy. I love XY, but it's not the best choice.

3. Back to RB: she already plays gba games like Sims Bustin Out, so she's used to the sprite style and won't be opposed to it. The monochrome style of RB would turn her off immediately, thus leaving FRLG as the best choice.
>>
>>27453486
4. She's not going to care about breeding mechanics or the special split or anything else like that. She just needs a good, barebones pokemon experience to introduce her and give her a good first impression.
>>
FRLG is a great choice for a first timer. The freedom the region gives you to explore once you get Cut keeps the game from getting dull.

The only upside to choosing XY is that if she likes it, you can tell her with confidence that almost every other Pokemon game is even better.
>>
>>27452786
Hgss>frlg>rse
>>
>>27452786

Either FRLG or HGSS as those games have the least chances to scare her off.

Then give her XY if she enjoys FRLG or HGSS a lot cause of the Gen 1 pandering in XY.
>>
>>27453486
>>27453561
Do what you want. Just know FRLG is the definition of barebones. It's a dusty skeleton. She'll quickly get bored if she isn't prepared for several hours of nothingness.
>>
File: hgss.jpg (60KB, 617x274px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
60KB, 617x274px
HGSS would be significantly better than FRLG.
>Main-game consists of Kanto/Johto mons and crossgen evos
>Allows you to use crossgen evos in the main-game unlike FRLG
>Extra optional content like the Pokeathlon, the Safari Zone and the Battle Frontier add some replayability
>Post-game gives you exposure to mons from Hoenn and Sinnoh
>You can transfer Pokemon to newer gens if you ever want to try other main-series games
Although it has a pretty bad level curve, it doesn't hold your hand too much like XY. If you ever decide this should be her first game, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
>>
>>27454093
grinding your entire team 10 levels isn't fun in any way.
X/Y are the best options
>>
No girl wants her boyfriend to give her a lame ass GBA to play a game that's a decade old. Just get her ORAS.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.