[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone choose not to use the starters during their playthrough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Does anyone choose not to use the starters during their playthrough? and if so why?
>>
>>27447946
Only Gen V
>>
I've boxed my starter in XY and will do so in SM if the fakes turn out real.
>>
>>27447961
why gen 5?
>>
Only during BW because I thought all the starters sucked
>>
>>27447977
whats wrong with the X/Y starters? i love greninja. Also do you have pics of the leaks? i haven't seen them yet.
>>
Since I had already played Silver, when I got Crystal I decided to box my Totodile and have an Abra be my "starter" instead. It was great! That Alakazam with Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch was unstoppable (especially cause this was before the physical/special split so all the punches pulled from his SpAtk).
>>
>>27447946
Normally no, but I just used my starter in ORAS as a HM slave.
>>
normally I use my starter, but on a recent run of X I did, I used
Ledian
Krookadile
Skuntank
Reuniculus
Poliwrath
and Altaria
>>
I think the only time I boxed the starter was in BW2, and that's because I did a mono-bug run.
>>
>>27448010
I just don't care for any of them, but thankfully they were the only Pokémon I knew about before playing XY.
I decided to just use Fletchling as my "starter" and was pleasantly surprised when it turned into a fucking flaming falcon.
>>
>>27448010
probably refering to the archer/wrestler/siren that has been floating around for like a month now. got to say the fact that it still hasn't been proven fake is starting to worry me as a litten fan...
>>
>>27447981
Gen 5 starters are notoriously weaker than the rest. I wouldn't be saying this if I hadn't replaced my Servine for a Leavanny two badges in because the latter was just stronger in every single way and funner to use.

Also Gen 5's starters are usually the most hated in the franchise, so people like getting rid of them for other early mons like magby, sewaddle, and any water type.
>>
>>27448245
IMO design-wise the Snivy line is one of the greatest grass starters of ALL TIME, but I can understand not liking Oshawott's line too much (apart from the middle evo who doesn't like that?) and I can definitely understand frustration from Emboar's third Fire-Fighting starter in a row, although IMO this line at least is a lot better design-wise than Chimchar's.
>>
>>27447946
I boxed my gen 4 and 5 starters because all 6 of them were hot garbage
>>
>>27447946
I always use a starter the first time I play a Pokémon game. If it's one I've played a bunch of times, like Yellow, X, or White2, I am more likely to ditch the starter.

I've picked Snivy so many times... It gets boring after a while. On my recent W2 file, I boxed Servine.
>>
>>27447946
I like to use different Pokemon each time I play, so that means obviously on my 4th playthrough of each gen I'm boxing my starter. But I do try to do a run with each one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.