[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I don't really come to /vp/ much so I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: oras.jpg (137KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
137KB, 567x319px
so I don't really come to /vp/ much so I don't know the general consensus of the board

but

I recently found my 3DS after a while and continued my X save file, finishing it.
Whilst I found it quite underwhleming and not as good as I remember pokemon being, it did slightly get my itch back for playing a pokemon game

So my question is, are OR and AS worth picking up?

will it scratch my nostalgic itch, as it is a remake of a game I know and love?

what's the thought on these two, because I remember HGSS being based as fuck remakes and was wondering if these are in the same vein
>>
They're nowhere near the quality of HGSS, I'd argue they're the worst games in the series outside of the obvious RBY.
They manage to have LESS content than RS because of the lack of a Game Corner.
>>
>>27444534
ORAS aren't bad? But they are worse than Emerald which is pretty sad.

I think they're better than XY to be honest
>>
File: 1418582800618.jpg (212KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418582800618.jpg
212KB, 600x600px
>>27444534
Not as good as HGSS. I still enjoyed them though.
>>
ORAS are based remakes in every way except for the lack of game corner or battle frontier.
>>
>>27444534
You should just get Black/White 2 or wait for SuMo
>>
>>27444534
Hating ORAS seems to be a /vp/ native meme, so it's up to you to form your own opinion.

That said, it has lots of fun features like secret bases and Dexnav, and if it's important to you, will allow you to complete most of the Pokedex between two gen VI games.
>>
>>27444654
>SuMo

>>27444679
>opinions I dislike are memes
>>
>>27444534
If you're going to play it, do it before the wifi cuts out
>>
File: games.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm the fag from yesterday who complained about his lost 3DS (not OP) with the Feraligatr image.

Found all my shit. Feels so damn good. I even had Pokemon Black.
>>
>>27444716
When is that?
>>
>>27444553
>less content
This meme is the best meme ever.

Having nearly double the amount of Pokemon, having online support, and DexNav more than make up for 'm-muh game corner'.
>>
>>27444746
Less variety in gameplay is the more accurate term
>>
>>27444730
The loser who still lived at home when he is 25?
>>
>>27444777
Trips of truth

Also who got the sexes >>27444444
>>
>>27444777
That's better, and I can agree with that despite OR/AS being my favorite games in the series.
>>
>>27444746
>Having nearly double the amount of Pokemon, having online support,

Neither of these are specific to ORAS and I can just play XY if I want this. The DexNav isn't even that great and it's just a shittier version of breeding that gives you OP moves early into the game to make it even easier.

HGSS had far more polish than ORAS did.
>>
>>27444824
Doesn't matter, I'm comparing RS and ORAS.

DexNav is helpful for casuals (or people who just don't like having their browser open to look at every route) because it shows you when you've caught everything on a route. That's enormously helpful and it's a shame it's never coming back.
>>
>>27444821
Variety is what makes a better game too, people don't care about catching even more legendaries now, they care how they can play the game just slightly differently. That's why people adore the battle frontier
>>
>>27444847
>because it shows you when you've caught everything on a route.

BW2 already did this better than ORAS did.
>>
>>27444847
Dex nav is pretty much Rustling grass+Habitat list, but improved
>>
>>27444866
>they care how they can play the game just slightly differently
No, they don't. Out of the 11 million who bought HGSS, how many do you think really cared about the Battle Frontier? Out of the 10 million who bought ORAS, how many do you think even cared that the Battle Frontier wasn't around? How many do you think even noticed the Game Corner, even back in RS?

It's a lot less than you think, let me assure you. Look beyond /vp/ and Smogon. Try talking to the casuals who make up most of the buyers for each game.
>>
>>27444977
Well we aren't fucking casuals are we anon?
>>
>>27445006
I think we had a breakdown in communication. I thought "people don't care about catching even more legendaries now, they care how they can play the game just slightly differently" was saying that people in general (not just people upset about those things' removal) feel that way.
>>
>>27445035
We are the people who care and appreciate all the stuff they out in the game. When I say we, I'm talking about the bulk of 4chan /vp/. We get more mileage and play the game more than most people, we're the ones who know the most about the game. That's why you're on this anonymous image board for a game, because you want to talk about everything not its goddam face value
>>
Yeah they're pretty good
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.