[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you are given full creative control over the next Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 1457292174371.jpg (89KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1457292174371.jpg
89KB, 625x790px
>you are given full creative control over the next Pokemon games

What are some balances/features/metagame stuff you'd like to see added, fixed, or removed.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 235x215px
I want the play to view the breeding process, age, be able to have kids, a loving wife and finally afford a nice flat in the beginner town

Then the player starts getting fucked up on some shit, spends all his cash on hookers and ends up dead in some gutter. His children will become bastardly just like the dad and the process repeats itself.
>>
>>27426086
Setting is pacific northwest, similar to Sinnoh with wooded forests, snow and open plains

You play an retired gym leader living on his own

His passion for pokemon is rekindled by finding one of the starters so you go to reclaim your youth

Go through the usual 8 gyms + evil gang story

Post game you set up, design and maintain your own gym. This comes with online sharing features and the wifi works
>>
>party pokemon follow you in the overworld (can turn on and off)
>all pokemon are obtainable (except event)
>the touch screen is the same as HGSS (changeable)
>no stupid camera angles like in Lumious city
>camera glides, doesn't switch in the overworld
>more than 100 new pokemon
>more difficult gyms like Whitney and her Miltank
>better character customisation than xy
>tiny hints to the next game
>strong level curve like xy unlike johto
>gb and ds transfer
>fix existing bird models (wing animation is shit)
>strong mix of biomes
>day/night cycle match real life location
>make sure every event pokemon can be obtainable AFTER the relase without transfer
>an evil team which is presented as evil as team rocket in origins (killing marowak)
>strong character chemistry DEVELOPMENT between the professor, rivals, and parent(s)
>post game mini region like sevii islands in FRLG
>>
An idea I came up recently, a pokemon may have more than one nature. Also it would make sense, a personality shouldn't be one dimensional.
For example, I have Garchomp that is Adamant, Jolly, and Bold at the same time, Loses 30% SpA, and gain 10% in Atk, Spe, and Def.
I just want to see stat building even more diverse and shit, then laugh as breeders loses their mind.

Also, pre-Evolution moves can be relearn if it was forgotten.
>>
File: MirorB.png (104KB, 419x428px) Image search: [Google]
MirorB.png
104KB, 419x428px
>A Pokemon Party game.
>Works like Mario Party or Amiibo Party, but lets you use your Pokemon from the game as your player piece and your 3DS as a controller. Internet play with mic support is available.
>Along with Party mode, there are other small games like a Miror B rhythm game. The list of useable pokemon would be restricted, but certain items (Scarves, glasses) would appear as accessories on the dancers.
>Game includes a free lifetime subscription to Pokebank and lets you store and transfer your Pokemon on your home console like Pokemon Box.
>>
>>27426244

Cool idea

>>27426132

The final chapter sounds awesome

>>27426123

lol

>>27426175

Basicaly you want pokemon ültimate game, with everything! :D

>>27426086

One of best thread lately:
Nice:

I'd set my region based on Estern Europe

Czech rep., Poland, Slovakia.
Sea on the far north, Mountains, hils and wilderness,and very nice small medevial cities Prague, Cracow. The story could be around a ghost legend. A lot of classic fairytales references (like girl in the forest in red cape as a trainer you meet with a some wolf pokemon etc.) and new pokemons based on iedas like striga, baba yaga and stuff. The goal would be to find a legendary item, or it might be a place from some legend - legendary obelisk in some cave. Your rival is opponent trainer who is also looking for it. He is a dick (Like Gary Oak, who was a dick just because.. It was hilarious). Of course evil team is also looking. It might be fun scenario, and cool range of possibilities. Add some slavic shit into pokeworld!
>>
>>27426086
First of all, I'd make multiple difficulty modes, perhaps ranging from very easy to insane. "normal" would still be rather easy, perhaps XY level, so that people at the company and possible investors won't be worried about kids finding it too hard. To balance this, there'll be more "hard" difficulties than "easy." These would be unlocked from the start.
Things like the battle frontier, soar, sinnoh underground, Dexnav, etc would all return.
The dex would be about 300 pokemon total, with 130 new pokemon and 170 returning pokemon.
Megas would return, with 20-30 new ones. This would bring the total new "designs" to around gen 5 level.
The story would be kept relatively simple, but with effort instead being put to avoid obviously flawed goals or such.
The 8 gym + E4 system would be kept
>>
>>27426579
>Eastern Europe.

I'd actually go flat-out Russia, like Moscow or St. Petersberg.
>The reason several routes are blocked is because you lack the proper credentials (Badges).
>You frequently have to show your papers to get to new areas.
>The government is a bit authoritarian and them team fighting them are a bunch of anarchists. Both are pretty bad and get in a serious conflict as the game progresses.
>>
>>27426086

Easy and hard difficulty:
>easy is like X/Y in terms of difficulty, with gym leaders only having three pokemon and trainers only having a few.
>hard is actually pretty hard: gym leaders starting from the 4th have 6 decently strong >Pokemon with good type coverage and movesets and trainers have one or more extra pokemon
>the level of your rival's pokemon scales up to that of yours
>The level curve is balanced around the fact that you'll be getting a lot more exp
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 540x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 540x920px
>>27426244
>asks for a nice flavor text implementation
>immidiately uses it to minmax
>>
>>27426086
>complete movepool reset. Pokemon transfered have whatever 4 moves they would have had if caught in the wild at that level (no more Wish Blisseys)
>every Pokemon transferred to the game comes with a Heart Scale
>add move tutor for egg moves
>every pokemon line gets a signature attack. if that pokemon already has a signature attack, it could be buffed or reworked if it's shit (like Roar of Time).
>signature attacks cannot be copied with Sketch (no more Dark Void Smeargle)

>all major trainers use hold items
>E4 each have 5 Pokemon
>they are no longer type-themed
>instead carry some central strategy (be it weather, Trick Room, hyper offense, ect)
>gain the 6th pokemon in rematches
>>
File: image.png (61KB, 339x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61KB, 339x337px
>>27427338
>they are no longer type-themed
>...central strategy

That sounds awful. Go back to your shitty romhacks for garbage like that.
>>
>>27426086
Literally just make a non-legendary steel/dragon.

After that I'll let the devs do their usual shit.
>>
>>27426086
Make it so most pokemon are viable (stat and type balances)

Decrease dragon attacks by a few

Make the meta less speed focused and make tanks slightly stronger

remove eviolite.

--------------------------------------

Rival is actually strong again

E4 are elite again

Less legendaries please holy shit.

Longer side stories, especially with the games legendaries.
>>
>>27426086
>metagame
Remove every instance of rng and replace it with the same effect but applied directly.

30% chance of burn -> 30% of a burn
80% accuracy -> 80% of a hit
etc

2 effects
1) Pokemon is much better as a competitive game.
2) This kills the verilisfly
>>
>>27427521
You are an idiot
>>
>>27427576
waa babby can't rely on dice to win anymore waa
>>
>>27427587
>implying that was my point
>>
>>27427576
Don't you have dogs to fuck verilis?
>>
I suppose it would be less of a mainline and more along a colloseum line of games.

But a lot of exploring, more about catching pokemon than getting 8 gym battles.
A similar deal to pokemon ranger with how you'd need certain pokemon or moves to reach areas or solve puzzles that give you entry
>>
>>27427616

Maybe also have a heat/cold system, weather system, night/day, needing to camp to eat as a way to replenish PP or stamina, have night be pitch black unless you have like a chinchou or something with flash

Lots of little things that mean you actually do need to cotch em all
>>
>>27427626
>cotch
Hahaha you stupid fuck
>>
>>27427587
>using waa
>>
File: wa.gif (2MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
wa.gif
2MB, 400x255px
>>27427741
>>
>>27427740
It's late and I typed collect, then i backspaced to co for some reason and made cotch pls no bully
>>
>>27427774
>it's late
>10 am
Fuck off
>>
>>27427789

xD
>>
>>27426175
>>more difficult gyms like Whitney and her Miltank
Can we stop this meme of any pokemon battle every being difficult?
Turn-based jrpgs aren't hard especially not pokemon.
>>
>>27426086
Shuckle can make berry juice and rare candies again.
>>
>>27427774
I'm sorry bb I apologize.
>>
>>27428161
Earthbound gave me a good run for my money
>>
>>27428161

>pokemon before whitney

>caterpie
>weedle
>pidgey
>rattatta
>hoothoot
>ledyba
>spinarak
>togepi
>ekans
>spearow
>Hoppip
>Zubat

>pokemon not weak to rollout
>rattata
>ekans
>togepi
>chikorita
>totodile

This is why Whitneys gym was challenging
>>
>>27428425
>pokemon not weak to rollout
>what is Bellsprout
>what is Geodude
>what is Ghastly
>what is Phanpy
>what is Mareep
>what is Machop
>what is Snubbull
>>
-Pokemon MMORPG
-Fully 3D, none of that "MMORPG-except-2D-ground-up-sprite-map" shit that 3rd-party Pokeyman games do
-Fully customizable human character
-Gigantic world, everyone can choose their starting town/region
-Multiple classes(Trainer, Coordinator, etc)
-Legendaries are nigh-uncatchable bosses
-Weak/useless Pokemon have utilitarian uses(like doubling as mounts)
-Every feature included from every Pokemon game ever
>>
>>27428516
are you retarded?
>>
>>27428673
Continued.

-Every starter from every generation available(plus 3 new starters of course)
-No "you're the hero" story, you're just a normal trainer like every other player character you see
-No discoverable EV/IV bullshit; it's all hidden and seemingly random
-Dozens of gyms, but only 8 needed to enter Pokemon League
-Weekly League tournaments with decent in-game cash prizes
-Free-to-play model with cash shop, fuck F2P haters
>>
>>27426086
>Pokemon no longer have to learn a HM to use it
>As long as the pokemon can learn it, it can use it in the world
It's really all I want. I'm tired of having to force trash moves onto my pokemon or temporarily axe a team member.

Also if the game was balanced to be much more challenging with the exp all off, like a soft difficulty setting. Gen 6 was piss with or without the exp all.
>>
>>27428757
Unless retard is some new hip slang for being correct, then probably not.
>>
Free-world, open-range Pokemon Snap sequel. You travel freely through massive environments teeming with Pokemon to photograph. Day/night and season cycle affects Pokemon appearance rates through the year. Getting the best shots of Pokemon requires patience, knowledge, specialized items, etc. All Pokemon available.
>>
Pokemon Colors
Set 17 Years after HGSS
Huge update to Kanto. Saffron/Celadon/Vermillion are all one city, with one gym. Cinnibar and Vermillion also closed down. To compensate there is a new northern area connecting to routr 25 with 6 new routes and 5 new towns/cities, with 3 new gyms replacing the old.
Red is a local legend and has returned to help out his best bro Green, the new Champion of the region. Daisy is the professor of the region, the younger leaders are now adults and the older ones retired.
Story revolves around Lugia ajd the Legendary birds along with the new evil team.
Johto is post league with its own story. Also gained huge upgrades, with the Cianwood Island expanded as well as the area in the northwest. Gyms are relocated as well. A new league location east of the Lake of Rage.
Main sidequest is an updated Pokeathlon, with a Kanto and Johto division. Post Johto the Sevii Islands unlock.
Completely open world design, with free surfing between the islands. Battle Frontier returns witj a facility on eacjmh island. One facility is a Master Pokeathlon Battle Race, which requires you to battle in a triathlon after becoming the Gold Medalist in both divisions.
>>
>>27428876
So Pokemon Go if they update it before it dies.
>>
>>27426086
I feel like it's time for a retcon

Let's fix the Nidoran thing, let's fix Feraligator and Victreebell, let's overhaul some BSTs and abilities for some shitmons, let's get rid of "incense breeding" and "trade while holding" evo shit

I get that Pokemon works really hard to maintain a sort of logical consistency, like "well, the reason breeding Snorlax gave you Snorlax instead of Munchlax was because you didn't have access to this item!" but as a result the bloat of old decisions made based on technical limitations poisons the game's consistency and style.

I think it's time for someone to just go "hey, we're not gonna be bound to a bunch of weird shit in our setting/lore because of decisions we made based on decade-old technology"
>>
Forgot to add:
Johto story focuses on Ho-oh and the legendary beasts. Eusine is back, and wants to finally findout what the deal is with Suicune. Full lore on the Unown, amd their role in the universe. Ruins of alph now is an actual dungeon with multiple floors and puzzles. The jigsaws also return, completing them unlocks another floor.
Gym rematches return late in the game. Doing them updates the old badgrsnto the new style. Johto badges gain a gold border, while Kanto badges gain a silver one.
Completing both leagues unlocks the Master League, which features 5 double battles against each league member. Think Lance/Claire on steroids.
>>
>>27428952
This, please.

Redo the move pools while you're at it. Gen 1 getting access to whatever they fucking please is crazy.
>>
More focus on Pokemon in the overworld.

>Professor gives you a unique tool that, when pointed at a captured pokemon, returns a red beam in the direction of their trainer
>Find lost pokemon, return them to their trainer, get rewards
>Lost pokemon appear in any area, and can even be pokemon from previous gens that don't show up in the game
>Trainers may show interest in trading with you as a reward, often giving you their lost pokemon for whatever you may choose

NPC interactions otherwise;
>Trainers who trade pokemon to you are near a PC, so you can access the PC rather than carry the pokemon with you
>Trainers actually REQUIRE eye contact or for you to talk to them, not just you walking in front of them
>Enemy trainers talk during battle in chat bubbles that don't obscure the battle itself. giving them a bit more character
>Enemy trainers wander around in static locations, pacing back and forth or stretching. Sometimes doing other stuff like taking a nap (disables eye contact requirement), laying out a picnic basket (heals your team instead of a battle), and so on
>Obviously some choke points where trainers actively request a fight, or gate you because it's story related
>>
>>27428425
>find Drowzee on Route 34
>trade Drowzee for Machop at Goldenrod
>you now have a Pokemon resistant to Rock and wrecks Normal types.

Alternatively, use a fucking Bellsprout with Sleep Power/Stun Spore and Growth. The only way for Whitney to be "hard" is if you're trying to power through with you stater or something.
>>
Being able to see other players in the overworld.

Even if it's just local.
>>
>>27428819
Not being weak isn't enough; you need the resistance or else it's increasing BP will mess you up, hard. Or at least a female who isn't weak to it to deal with attract hax.

Types that Resist Rock:
Fighting/Ground/Steel

Of your list, Geodude, Phanpy and Machop are the only ones that resist it. And to add to that, her miltank has stomp, which causes issue with its flinch chance and being a stab move with decent BP for the time, which is only resisted by ghost/rock/steel. Which means geodude is the only one on your list that'll tank her tricks well.

Same reason Ratatta becomes optimal for morty in gen 4, since he has a gengar with shadow ball; and why geodude is key to Bugsy because U-Turn Scyther.

The difficulty there comes from you having limited options while gym leaders are using much higher BST pokemon with much higher BP stab moves for such an early point in the game. Something like morty's gengar wouldn't be so horrendous if its location put it closer to the upper 20s/low 30s rather than at level 25; as you'll have had the time to likely get to a solid evolution and had a good pool of moves pass through and not have to rely on carrying a specific mon just to cater to that trainer (and throw off your EXP curve by having a pokemon for one gym in a region that is already stingy with its EXP gains).
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.