[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rotom dex Littten starter evolution speculation thread. Judging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-15-58-21.png (269KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-15-58-21.png
269KB, 960x540px
Rotom dex Littten starter evolution speculation thread. Judging from the Pokeballs and space in between them, it makes sense for Litten to become bipedal, but as a big fan of Litten, I'm praying for it to stay quadrupedal. This all depends on the size of the evos but I think there's a possibility ig can stay quadrupedal. The middle evos size could be leaner and taller than litten, but depending on how much space it takes up, there might not be enough room for Littens final evo to be quadropedal. Unless it's size or pose allows it to fit in a certain way
>>
Maybe the middle stands up, but then - FAKE OUT! - it's back on all fours ago in the final stage and GF gets their surprising twist evos they seem to favour for the starters.
>>
>>27418264

It's not going to be bipedal because the Pokeballs aren't really close enough for it. To elaborate, unless that last evo is fat as fuck like Emboar, it's likely that the first evo's image will be completely horizontal, and the last will be facing downwards.

I imagine it's going to be a long quadraped-- Think that Panther 'leaked' evo
>>
>>27418264
You're assuming of course that the starters are going to be level.

The positioning of those balls could mean anything.
>>
File: daikenki_v_2_by_xous54-d31sy4x.png (143KB, 605x587px) Image search: [Google]
daikenki_v_2_by_xous54-d31sy4x.png
143KB, 605x587px
Friendly reminder that this fucker exists, and that both previous evolutions were bi-pedal. Anything can happen folks, just stay tuned for tommorow.
>>
The problem with using these Pokeball entries as insight to the evolutions is the fact that the art can be drawn at various angles and perspectives to fit into the canvas space.

At best, I'd look at the evolution 'curves' to have an idea as to what they'll ultimately look like.
>>
>>27418368

Also reminder that Purrloin became Bipedal in Gen 6, and evolves into a Quadraped.

Literally... ANYTHING can happen. Snorlax could be a quadraped this gen.
>>
>>27418325
I actually really favor this idea, with the space it makes sense, maybe it evolved bipedal to show off high speed and dark typing theme, maybe learn moves like night slash then evolve into a quadrupedal starter for its grand finale. Of course everything is up in the air until Aug 1st(depending if we get the expected starter evos or not)
>>
>>27418377
That's exactly what I'm trying to do haha. The pictures are helpful but at the same time the evolutions could look like anything, and their pose could be oriented differently due to the space provided and how the pokeballs represent the image, like whether or not each Pokeball is the center of each starter evo. This image does allow for insightful speculation tho :)
>>
File: starters evolution curves dex.png (680KB, 977x392px) Image search: [Google]
starters evolution curves dex.png
680KB, 977x392px
For anyone interested, I've taken the liberty of adding curved lines to the starters dex entries. I'm assuming the middle of the Pokeball image as each plot point on the graph.

Very interesting curvatures. Litten's is the least dynamic of the curves, while Popplio's is most definitely going to be a very drastic evolution. Rowlet's sharp curve may indicate it becoming more land/ground-based with long legs.
>>
>>27418521
Nice work :) the only thing I can't wrap my head around is how the images replace the Pokeballs :/ whether the Pokeball is the images center, or just a size estimate of how the evo will be placed is the question. Regardless the curve lines you drew are insightful thanks :)
>>
>>27418568
>:)

Fuck off
>>
>>27418578
Fuck off what exactly? I'm meaning this to be a speculative thread not another thread full of shit lol
>>
>>27418631
Emoticons are not usually used around here, from what i've been told.
>>
>>27418568
But yeah, I think the spacing between the empty spaces is intriguing. Could it imply how quickly they evolve ala the Sinnoh starters different evolution levels?

I think it's more related to overall size of the creature otherwise. Popplio's and Rowlet's look like they'll be very large creatures in the end, while Litten remains the smallest of the group.
>>
>>27418777
Was not aware emoticons are disliked on 4chan lol oops
>>
>>27418368
Samurott is a facultative biped like Typhlosion.
>>
>>27418521
That's the only thing that makes me doubt the Starter evo leaks.
Very interesting
>>
>>27418521

My guess is that Popplio's second evolution involves balancing on top of a ball, hence why it's so high up, and its third evolution is balancing a ball on its nose because it's too big to do otherwise.
>>
File: 1460497395985.jpg (42KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1460497395985.jpg
42KB, 612x612px
>>27418826
>>27418568
>>27418777

>Completely blatant newfaggotry.
>>
>>27418872
That's a good theory! Circus seals do typically have a ball involved in their performance.
...so could its nose become the ball?
>>
>>27418880
Yes, we're on the newer side of being around here. That a problem?
>>
>>27418913

Yes. Lurk more.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-15-58-33.png (272KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-15-58-33.png
272KB, 960x540px
I can totally see the ball idea! It's second evo could possibly have a water ball object around it as its trademark, just like Delphox has its wand
>>
>>27418913
Not him, but yes, you're a problem and we fucking hate you. Lurk more redditard.
>>
>>27418934
Can't wait for SOFT & WET
>>
>>27418927
You can't tell me what to do. You're not my mom!

>>27418940
lamo I don't even have a reddit account, smartass.
>>
>>27418913
>>27418940
le seekrit klub
>>
I would like it much more if it stayed quadripedal but GF has a hard on for bipedal fire starters for some reason
>>
>>27418934
YES! That would fit perfectly with its current description on the official website:

>>Still, when it's on land, it takes advantage of the elasticity of its balloons to perform acrobatic stunts and jumps.
>>Popplio can snort out balloons made of water! Watch it spin water balloons into a playful battle strategy!
>>But Popplio’s determined spirit means it can usually be found practicing hard on its balloon skills.
>>WATER BALLOONS

It's been in front of our faces the entire time, yet everyone still believes in the fake Popmaid leak!
>>
The problem with this theory is that this screen basically shows action poses, and since those are in mid-air they could be facing any direction before landing.
>>
>>27418913
>>27418982
>>27418996
lurk before posting ledditors
>>
>>27419011
You do know ever since the starters were shown Pop was using water balloons right? Go look on the official site that fake Chinese leak was not the first time it was using water balloons.
>>
>>27419099

Except that's exactly what he's saying? That's where he got that description.

I don't want to sound mean spirited, but we all know how Poppmaid (or whichever her name is) is presented in these concept arts, right?

Popplio's personality could change as he evolves, but I feel like these descriptions are also a clear clean shot of just how much these final evolutions DIFER from its forms.

As different as Oshawott was from Samurott for example, what was one thing that was obvious from his design? Heck, while we're at it, Chespin's too.

His weapon, his shell (which he used in a rather unique way). And in Chespin's case, his back shell which some people predicted for it to be involved as some sort of armor, although they weren't exactly sure.

Asides from Samurott's drastic change from its first form, did Oshawott's way of how he used the shell REALLY change? Or the way how Chespin uses his armor?

I can't shake the feeling that even although some points in these descriptions might be irrelevant, I wouldn't take the point on how Popplio seems to be found practicing hard on its balloon skills lightly either. One way or the other, these apparent skills WILL eventually surface and I feel like Game Freak intends to show us what Popplio is actually capable of regarding that.

Now look back at Poppmaid and tell me right in the face she looks capable of handling water balloons.

She doesn't, because we never actually see her actually maneuvering said water balloons. At best, we see her controlling tiny bubbles (read: bubbles, not balloons) and handling water waves.

Now, I'm going to make a question.

Why didn't Game Freak refer to these "water balloons" as merely bubbles?
>>
>>27418913
People on most parts of 4chan will throw an autistic fit if they suspect you haven't been browsing for as long as they have.
>>
>>27419427
Pfft, that's just fucking stupid. I don't give a shit if it causes them to have an aneurysm either.
>>
>>27419422
Getting back on topic, all of this. The starters from past gens all tend to have a trait or quirk that remains there for its evolutions.

The dex entries for Tepig's evolutionary line, for example, describes its relationship with food, which makes a lot of sense for a pig, and especially since Emboar has a good HP stat.

Oshawott uses its shell as a weapon through its evolutions. The bulb on Bulbasaur's back eventually blooms. Fennekin's obsession with snacking on twigs eventually becomes a part of its evolutions. And Piplup's independent nature results in it becoming a solitary species at the end of its evolutions.
>>
>27418521 most likely the pokeballs are placed in reference to (left) the Pokemon you're viewing and (right) the amount of Pokemon you have registered in the pokedex
>>
>>27418395
>quadraped

Kinky
>>
>>27418395
>Also reminder that Purrloin became Bipedal in Gen 6, and evolves into a Quadraped.
The anime really does ruin everything.
>>
Despite being one of the most hated Pokétubers, Verlisify was the only one who made a video about using the pokedex layout to predict starter evos, like not even GAME EXPLAIN DID THAT AND THEY DO 20 MIN ANALYSIS'S. Like come on
>>
>>27418395
It was biped to begin with. Watch the anime or look at the tcg cards.
>>
File: 1468363695892.jpg (262KB, 975x772px) Image search: [Google]
1468363695892.jpg
262KB, 975x772px
>>27419427

Untrue. We merely call people out for acting like obvious foreigners instead of learning how to fucking post first. It doesn't matter if some faggot has only been here for a few months if he's not obvious about it.
>>
>>27420351
vp must never change.
boards like these can never change.
A board such as this can never change.
>>
>>27421253
War.
War never changes.
>>
>>27420351
I was once called out for being new because I didn't get a meme that I never saw before and haven't seen since
>>
>>27422248
>>27421253
Such endless cycle of hate.
>>
File: kot.png (223KB, 324x389px) Image search: [Google]
kot.png
223KB, 324x389px
>>27418264
There's been some threads about this already.

Also the "leaked" bipedal litten evo is over 6 feet tall, considering the litten size it would have to bend itself to insane proportions to fit the thing.

It also has no way to reach all the spacing between pokeball 2 and 3.
>>
>>27418521
If I had to guess, Rowletts final evo probably has a pose with the wings pointing out the other way, Litten HOPEFULLY has a quad with the head facing downwards? maybe? and Popplio's probably has a big tail and will almost touch popplio
>>
>>27422447
Really? I was not aware of that lol. I like that concept tho
>>
>>27419427
Lurking before posting was common courtesy in many Internet communities before you MySpace normalscum ruined everything.
>>
File: 1463440685026.jpg (34KB, 532x414px) Image search: [Google]
1463440685026.jpg
34KB, 532x414px
>>27418521
Admit it. Roothoot fits the middle slot perfectly.
>>
>>27419427
There's a difference between coming in and spouting shit you obviously haven't informed yourself about and fuck up the thread like a newfag and someone that is just trying to know the things, but has researched and behaves like someone that has been there.

Also if you can't take the banter of being called a newfag might as well get the fuck back to gaia.
>>
>>27424556
Wait are you implying that piece of shit is a middle evo? Bc if I remember correctly that fuck was a supposed Sun and Moon starter "leak" soooo no lol
>>
>>27422447
this nails it perfectly, the bipedal stuff can't be real
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.