[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Level 6 Popplio catching Level 3 Ledyba: 21 EXP Level 7 Popplio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: attachment.php.jpg (683KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.php.jpg
683KB, 1280x720px
Level 6 Popplio catching Level 3 Ledyba: 21 EXP
Level 7 Popplio catching Level 2 Yungoose: 10 EXP
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 3 Caterpie: 14 EXP (Trainer)
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 4 Yungoose: 28 EXP (Trainer)
Level 3 Ledyba catching Level 5 Pikipek: 69 EXP
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 6 Pichu: 44 EXP (Trainer)
Level 8 Popplio defeating Level 7 Litten: 81 EXP (Trainer)

so it seems like black/white xp scaling is back.
does this mean gamefreak realized their mistake with gen 6?
>>
>>27416381
Lets fucking hope so
>>
That would be amazing if so.
>New York(Unova) and Hawaii(Alola) are in the same country
>Game Freak takes this fact literally and brings back nearly everything that was unique to gen v
wew
>>
>>27416381
Do these calcs not basically confirm it?
What else could it mean?
>>
Its in the Yungoos right? Caught exp is lower then defeated exp we know that much if I remember correctly however, its 1/3 of the defeated exp which would be 30 for Yungoos not 28. Someone correct me, cause if I am right then yeah its back. Otherwise if the evidence is somewhere else, also please correct me. Scaled EXP should never have lefr.
>>
I need everything in order:

Level 3 Ledyba catching Level 5 Pikipek: 69 EXP

Level 6 Popplio catching Level 3 Ledyba: 21 EXP

Level 7 Popplio catching Level 2 Yungoose: 10 EXP
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 3 Caterpie: 14 EXP (Trainer)
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 4 Yungoose: 28 EXP (Trainer)
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 6 Pichu: 44 EXP (Trainer)

Level 8 Popplio defeating Level 7 Litten: 81 EXP (Trainer)

I'm happe they go back to this. <3
>>
>>27416381
So what? Other things show the games are even more casual than gen 6 so who cares
>>
>SM won't have something like Blissey Bases to take advantage of this
pretty sure you'd hit max level with one battle at Lv 1
>>
>>27416530
What other things?
The type advantage thing only shows up after you already defeated the Pokémon once. And it's not like everyone here doesn't already have the type chart memorized.

If you complain about Hyper Training you are a irredeemable faggot.
>>
>>27416530
Considering how the game seems to be more open then usual if there is a fixed level for the island in general they could easily have the harder trainers be 5 levels ahead of you, or make it so that if you go too farther off the beaten path ylu could start running into some legitimately scary Pokemon. Scaled EXP allows for a more controlled plot, but we have only seen so in a very linear region. With islands that could be constantly open as Gym 3-5 Kanto it could be an interesting experiment.
>>
>>27416530
Everyone on the board knows the type chart already knowing what moves are super effective does not really change anything for older fans
>>
>>27416530
>good feature returns
>still manages to bring muh casualization into
Don't tip your fedora too hard
>>
>>27416530
Type effectivnes is one thing
Now game warns you "This NPC is a trainer"
Items on the ground now have an additional icon so you wont miss it
Rival picks weaker starter
Still starting with stab move
The rumoyrs about no gyms
>>
>>27416381
>>27416381

I just started playing xy and I noticed im gaining a shit ton of exp and I'm out leveling everything around me. Is that what you're talking about?
>>
>>27416625
>Rival picks weaker starter
that most likely means we will have 2 rivals
>Now game warns you "This NPC is a trainer"
that's because we longer have a grid.
>Still starting with stab move
first few levels are boring as fuck in older games when you can only tackle
>Items on the ground now have an additional icon so you wont miss it
a lot of games do that
>>
>>27416662
>that most likely means we will have 2 rivals
This is also further supported by the Pokédex during the treehouse footage showing all three starters.
>>
>>27416660
It's about gen 5's unique exp system that was removed in XY

You shouldn't be overleveled in XY without the exp share
>>
>>27416625
Game warns you were the trainers are cause they're all at weird angles and the grid is gone. If you want to miss out on all that exp cause you don't want to see who looks where fine by me.
>>
>>27416625

Most of those are to make the game less tedious, not nessecarily casual

Doing something that's stupid and bullshit doesn't mean difficulty

>Rival gets weaker starter

He's not your rival
>>
>>27416713
>>27416662
What? Thats an excuse? There's one person standing on the road, why would you avoid them?
>>
>>27416721
>He's not your rival

Um...sure
>>
>>27416625
awh poor baby will those things give you much more of a challenge :(. if you want a challenge how about play an adult game you fuckin moron. the games have never ever ever, since the first game, ever been hard. you people are fucking idiots.
>>
>>27416791
Is that why this game shits on gen 6 24/7 for several months now?

And want to bet the same thing will happen with gen 7?
>>
>>27416697
It could also just mean it registers the starters because you saw all three of them when you were debating on which one to pick, like a freebie.
>>
>>27416460
Well it seems to be hinting at having a much stronger story than XY. So here's hoping.
>>
>>27416625

>Now game warns you this NPC is a trainer

Not a flaw

Because the grid is finally gone, it's a lot harder to notice trainers

Keep in mind though that doesn't mean we won't have trainers hiding

>Rival picks weak starter

If this is following X and Y and ORAS, Hau isn't your rival, he's just your friend

>still starting with stab move

I don't see how this in any way is a negative, I hate using tackles and Ember,Bubble/water gun, and new grass attack are the same shit
>>
>>27416823

Gen 7 needs to justify itself

Gen 6's main form of advertisement was 3D and Mega evolutions

Gen 7 is focusing on being a good game
>>
>>27416965
>Gen 7 is focusing on being a good game

Um no, its about those weird dancy moves anon

>>27416899
>Because the grid is finally gone, it's a lot harder to notice trainers

Are you serious?
>>
>>27417013
It's harder to gauge distance since no grid and lower camera.
Trainers may have a vision cone now instead of a vision line, that'll throw pretty much everyone off at first.
>>
>>27417042
Please. Pokemon games - in a big way - are about battling with NPCs Pokemon so why on earth would you skip NPCs?
>>
File: zJ26vzl.gif (1MB, 374x213px) Image search: [Google]
zJ26vzl.gif
1MB, 374x213px
>>27417063
>He doesn't skip Trainers
flamewar in 3... 2... 1...
>>
You could be too far ahead of the trajner or they could be at a weird angle were you don't realize it, making you think they are just a random npc sprouting tutorial bull. Line of Sight for trainers is perfectly acceptable, but apparently keeping the in 199fucking6 is the way the series should be despite fans bitcjing that the series' not modern enough.
>>
>>27416845
it could, but you know it doesn't so why even bother suggesting it
>>
>>27417063
did you not realize that the games have been deliberately designed to let you take detours to avoid trainer encounters for the last 20 years?
>>
>>27417063
>in a big way

No it isn't. Shut up, camone.
>>
I'm confused, is it casual for you to be able to see a trainer and walk around them like you've been able to for 20 years, or is it casual to know a trainer is coming up like you could reasonably guess for the last 20 years.

If you fight every trainer anyway, why does it matter what happens before you fight them?
>>
>>27416625
Those are all good things
>>
>>27416791
Pokemon as a whole may not have ever been hard, but there have been difficult parts in each gen other than 6.
Nobody wants Pokemon to be hard, they just don't want it to get easier.
>>
>>27418729
>but there have been difficult parts in every Gen other than 6
Actually I take this back, Zinnia battle after you get Rayquaza is actually decently difficult.
Legit can't remember anything in X/Y that was challenging though.
>>
File: 1466027301890.png (30KB, 129x119px) Image search: [Google]
1466027301890.png
30KB, 129x119px
>>27416572
>And it's not like everyone here doesn't already have the type chart memorized.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.